Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 04/05/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 06, 2018 10:42 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Knowing WCF they'll probably be the first ones to do figures of Blue Evolved Vegeta and the extra buff shirtless Jiren, right?
Yup. The WC Diorama has a second volume in October, should be the U.S arc and hopefully UI Goku vs FP Jiren and SSGSS.E Vegeta vs Toppo. Those were what I predicted for the next premium Bandai set... Only got 1/4 right so hopefully Banpresto don't let us down.

SSGSS.E being an extension of SSGSS makes it all the more mind boggling they haven't done anything with it. Granted it take them a long time to do something with Goku's SSGSS Kaioken.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 06, 2018 10:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Knowing WCF they'll probably be the first ones to do figures of Blue Evolved Vegeta and the extra buff shirtless Jiren, right?
Yup. The WC Diorama has a second volume in October, should be the U.S arc and hopefully UI Goku vs FP Jiren and SSGSS.E Vegeta vs Toppo. Those were what I predicted for the next premium Bandai set... Only got 1/4 right so hopefully Banpresto don't let us down.
I wasn't a fan of the first Diorama set, Goku, Black and Grotesque Zamasu look weird to me (Zamasu more because of the pose).
When is the next WCF main set, or is it on hold while they do side ones?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I wasn't a fan of the first Diorama set, Goku, Black and Grotesque Zamasu look weird to me (Zamasu more because of the pose).
When is the next WCF main set, or is it on hold while they do side ones?
You got the special treasure rally one's in June but I doubt there will be anything knew in them. Then after that the next main DBS one is in September titled DBS WCF~Burst~, but it apparently doesn't have anything new same old same old Saiyan stuff. We'll know for sure in a few weeks when Banpresto upload the September release prototypes and then not long after 52nd prize fair begins in Japan that will show of everything from August to November omitting December, cuz obviously movie stuff and that would be spoilers.

Problem even with WCF's is the ratio for newer characters especially, they get under ratio'd, like 4-8/56 it's totally ridiculous. On the flip to that makes a lot of the other WCFs in the set cheap as chips, so guess that's the only positive.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 08, 2018 5:17 am

Blood of Saiyans Goku Black out today:

Nice base! Wish Banpresto would do more bespoke bases like this. Anyway a minimum of 66 cases (of 36 each) have been ordered we don't know how many Sega have ordered (if any), current MV is the standard 1200-1300yen as expected and for those that missed out on the March IBK and want a aura coloured SSR I'd recommend this as a cheap alternative. I plan too keep my IBK Black boxed and will use this one for display. Still not sold on the hair colouring for this though, eh.

Speaking of IBK, bit the bullet and got UI "Omen" and SS Trunks... but since the SS Trunks box is awkward they can't be shipped together which sucks so may send that off now and wait for the BoS SSR and SSGSSKK to arrive and send them with "Omen" at the end of the month. Also the 2007 I wanna say SS3 IBK arrived for £15 couldn't say no and is in good condition too, SS3 isn't loved so most it's merch is pretty cheap.

(Also Grandista Bardock looks to be going down in price as per images... knew it, knew it was wise to wait for that to happen been happening a lot lately with Z branded figures).

Edit:

Sega have ordered:

125 cases of BoS SSR, so that makes 191 cases in total which means 6,876 of those exist in Japan.
127 cases of BoS SSGSSKK, still waiting on Taito's order.
175 cases of FES Stage 6 (case of 36 evenly split), still waiting on Taito's order.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 am

As promised here's the June final versions incl WCFs:

WCF 20/6:

BWFC SP UI VAROQ:

VAROQ's Match Makers:

Kid Goku Kinto'Un:

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Those WCFs look great.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 10, 2018 3:27 am

52nd Prize Fair details:

Will be held at the Tokyo venue on May 23rd 10am JST to 5pm JST. (Then in Osaka May 25th, Fukuoka May 30th then finally the Sapporo convention centre June 5th).

Most if not everything from August through to November will be shown off, some stuff maybe shown at other venues that aren't at others so worth keeping an eye out on those other days all the same.

Worth keeping an eye out on Hobby Maniax and Dengeki Hobby, here were their picture reports for the 51st Prize fair this spring (which went through figures until the summer):

http://hobby-maniax.com/archives/67701
http://hobby.dengeki.com/tag/prizefair_51/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 am

September prototypes (will be shown off IRL soon as above):

Nakazawa did IT!!!!! WHAT A LEGEND. Been praying his UI pose was either this or Goku slamming an elbow down:
FES Stage 8

Looks like they're using moulds up to 3 times now as that SS has been used twice already... but this time it is close to Nakatsuru's(?) drawing in terms of colour.

WCF Burst... I was right on them but... Lazy lazy lazy reprints but with fancy effects.... YAWN. Sigh such a f**king waste so many DBS characters left they waste branding in this garbage.

Z Absolute Perfection (80% sure these are Nakazawa too the hair moulds especially Vegeta scream him.)
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Vegeta SSGSS DBH TA:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Will get the ratio's soon, hopefully no shenanigans with FES stay even please.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2018 5:07 am

VS Existence Gohan and Goku...yawn yawn yawn, looks pretty bad too especially Goku (why is he SS2?).... Bleugh.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
DasMuse wrote:I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find the post.

I see people have started recieving the Super Master Stars Diorama II (Father/Son Galick Gun)... Is there a place to order the Brush II (Purple) version that isn't ebay? I want to get on that before they go up to much. Thanks.
Banpresto now releasing Brush II overseas end of the year. Japanese price did drop to about ¥5,500 but this might be easier, I was tempted but ending up getting the LO prize "Omen" from the subsequent Ichiban Kuji instead.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat May 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Guess it's just easier to rehash things they already have?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Kagari wrote:Guess it's just easier to rehash things they already have?
More like cheaper is the big factor. "Next DBS WCF what do we do"...."I know let's re issue non rare previous WCF but add fancy effects and bases!!" If they're gonna re issue WCF then do the one's they purposely under ratio'd ffs.

"July is looking pretty low what do we do..."..."let's re issue some FES figures again not like there are any other lines that need a reprint more". So annoying FES line is evenly distributed thus means all available for a good price all the time no need for reprints like yes it is a fan favorite line in Japan but still.

Bandai no new gashapon until July just reprints then more godman reprints in August!!

Now FES SS Goku is being used THREE TIMES in main line! We still have to get through:
SS2
SSG
Vegetto/Super Vegetto/Vegetto Blue/Super Gogeta

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by DasMuse » Sat May 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:VS Existence Gohan and Goku...yawn yawn yawn, looks pretty bad too especially Goku (why is he SS2?).... Bleugh.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
DasMuse wrote:I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find the post.

I see people have started recieving the Super Master Stars Diorama II (Father/Son Galick Gun)... Is there a place to order the Brush II (Purple) version that isn't ebay? I want to get on that before they go up to much. Thanks.
Banpresto now releasing Brush II overseas end of the year. Japanese price did drop to about ¥5,500 but this might be easier, I was tempted but ending up getting the LO prize "Omen" from the subsequent Ichiban Kuji instead.
Damn, I wish I had known they were going to release Brush II overseas as well before I got one on ebay... I got it for a decent price though. I used the universal 15% of code a few weeks ago and got one for just over $85 shipped. Should be here this week.

And I love that kicking pose UI Goku... I finally received my shipping noticed for the Prize A Banpresto UI Goku from Ami-Ami last night and I should have it within a couple weeks.

I don't see much about SHF figures on here but I got my 2 Goku Blacks the other day and I love them.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat May 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
More like cheaper is the big factor. "Next DBS WCF what do we do"...."I know let's re issue non rare previous WCF but add fancy effects and bases!!" If they're gonna re issue WCF then do the one's they purposely under ratio'd ffs.

"July is looking pretty low what do we do..."..."let's re issue some FES figures again not like there are any other lines that need a reprint more". So annoying FES line is evenly distributed thus means all available for a good price all the time no need for reprints like yes it is a fan favorite line in Japan but still.

Bandai no new gashapon until July just reprints then more godman reprints in August!!

Now FES SS Goku is being used THREE TIMES in main line! We still have to get through:
SS2
SSG
Yeah I'm pretty bummed about those WCFs... those Gokus in particular are still really easy to find for cheap.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

SS2
SSG
Yeah I'm pretty bummed about those WCFs... those Gokus in particular are still really easy to find for cheap.
Goku's will always be over ratio'd that's why followed by Vegeta then other popular Saiyans like Gohan etc. The reason being is there are so many Goku and Vegeta figures that under ratioing them woud go against why the unevenly ratio sets in the first place. By making characters who rarely if ever get figures or new characters like Jiren, Kale, Cauli etc rare the more they can milk money from fans as fans will try and win the "rarer" figure so will drop a lot of money in trying too, so by making Goku rare not many people will bother since it's Goku there's tonne of stuff with him.

What they're doing is smart from a business/money making perspective but as a fan it is so godamn annoying I mean when a Veku WCF reaches ¥8,000+ on the market I just wanna vomit, you can get so many high end quality to scale figures with that sort of money! And seeing people actually buying it at that price I'm just like "f**king hell".

Japan make things so godamn stressful when it comes to Dragon Ball figures lol. People over there just accept it, I'm like come one guys and they're like been like this for a while nothing can be done except to play along.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun May 13, 2018 9:00 pm

September kinda seems like a bit of an eh month in terms of Banpresto stuff. I love Nakazawa's UI Goku (or at least the prototype of it) but everything else isn't really that amazing. I'll probably end up buying the Heroes Vegeta cuz I've been getting all the Heroes statues lately (minus WCFs) but WCF Burst is just a bunch of rehashes with effects, the other FES 8 figure is yet another repaint of that Goku (which while I do like that it represents an artpiece, it's been the 3rd time they've reused that mold) and I think I may have just been expecting a little too much for the Absolute Perfection statues. FES UI Goku is amazing though. I also kinda regret selling my Veku but the full set of that set is still available on AmiAmi for about 5000 yen so I might just get that and sell the Goku and Caulifla cuz I have those now

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 am

(Mini rant in-coming...)

Bandai have delayed the DBS DBH Skills Figure #03 from August => September... now yes I don't particular care for this line (400yen for one of these is woeful pricing) but what that now means is... May and June are nothing but reprint months for gashapons and now August will be nothing more but a reprint month now too. Yes July is fairly packed (VS #07, UDM #32, Skills Figure #01-02) but they had basically nothing new in May or June so doesn't excuse them. Speaking of reprints fan favourite UG line finally gets one and the choices for it are woeful... Golden Freeza and Beerus yeah that is fine they need it but SS3 and SS Bardock not so much, the UG line has 4 SSGSS Goku all of which hard to get moreso than those two...not a single on is included... Broly is also hard to get...Champa is hard to get...SS4 Gogeta is hard to get... Isn't the whole point of reprinting things to make the harder to get things more easier? Now the main UG line has been mia since I think Feb... Bandai... we need words.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DasMuse wrote:Damn, I wish I had known they were going to release Brush II overseas as well before I got one on ebay... I got it for a decent price though. I used the universal 15% of code a few weeks ago and got one for just over $85 shipped. Should be here this week.

And I love that kicking pose UI Goku... I finally received my shipping noticed for the Prize A Banpresto UI Goku from Ami-Ami last night and I should have it within a couple weeks.

I don't see much about SHF figures on here but I got my 2 Goku Blacks the other day and I love them.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Ahh that is unlucky! I mean $85 shipped isn't too bad I guess. And nice re: UI Goku... unfortunately I decided to go with Banpresto Europe ages back which they were gonna release in July so I figured that was fine plus I won't have to stress about get it via Japan and now apparently it is being delayed until November... which is why I despise Banpresto Europe.

Re: SHF, that is smart getting two one for base and SSR! Never would have thought of that if I did collect these. And the reason you don't see much about these is I am not a fan of these and my knowledge on these is pretty thin so just rely on other people to post about them!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon May 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:WCF Burst... I was right on them but... Lazy lazy lazy reprints but with fancy effects.... YAWN. Sigh such a f**king waste so many DBS characters left they waste branding in this garbage.
Wait dude, look at that Vegeta, it's not in base form, that kinda cool right?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 15, 2018 6:06 am

May sales made to Banpresto (owned by Bandai Namco) this is just the minimum. (Each regular figure is being sold 28,800 per case, DBH WCF is being sold 32,000yen per case, WCFs used to 28,000 but ever since the DBS Saiyans Bravery it seemed to have increased!)

DBS BoS SSR Black- 5,760,000yen

DBS BoS SSGSSKK Goku- 5,904,000yen

DBS FES Stage 6- 7,027,000yen

DBH DXF Vol 3- 6,134,400yen

DBH WCF Vol 2- 6,592,000yen

Total= 31,417,400yen

This was a quiet month too, can't imagine how much they made back in March! BoS figures surprise me considering how bad the Z BoS did, FES doesn't super popular and fan favourite line, though I do wonder how SS4 Goku will do on the aftermarket since it isn't Gogeta.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 am

Hey Baggie, are there any live pictures of the upcoming June DB WCF set? I'm wondering if the wedding figures look any better than the original DWC ones or are they identical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

JUNE SCHEDULE

A BIG MONTH!

BANPRESTO

JUNE 2nd-Ichiban Kuji History of Son Goku:
[spoiler]Image

Prize A:
Prize B:
Prize C:
Prize D:
LO Prize:
DC prize:
Same as A.
Ratio's per store:
A 2
B 2
C 30
D 32[/spoiler]
No doubt the one to get would be LO prize but these figures are HUGE so shipping is gonna be a pain.

Massive month for my boy Varoq, he prides himself on being able to sculpt figures that can be seen at various different angles!

JUNE 7th- Varoq's Z MATCH MAKER FULL POWER FREEZA 15cm:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Varoq's Z MATCH MAKERS SUPER SAIYAN SON GOKU 15cm:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 12th- Varoq's DBS BWFC SPECIAL 20cm (now I an curious how the stand will be, wonder if the stand will be one you can move?)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 19th- DB Kinto'un Kid Goku 11cm:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 20th TREASURE RALLY WCF's. This is where it gets tricky.

ALL GAME-STATIONS CAN ORDER THE 4STAR&RADAR VER:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING THREE (SENZU,DB & DRAGON) IS LIMITED TO SEGA, TATIO & NAMCO ONLY (I forgot which ones respetively):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Ratio's for all WCF are the same (A&B 12, C&D 10 and E 12)

BANDAI/PLEX

(ALL DATES STILL TBA)

UG THE BEST 01:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

UDM THE BEST 25 (ToP reprint/recolours....and Broly...):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

WAFER CARED UNLIMITED:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Adverge 7:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Plex SSGSS Goku (delayed from May):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Plex Z Gigantic Series SS Goku re-release clear ver:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Still awaiting details on Plex's:
Retro Collection Freeza
Default Series Vegeta (though these are likely delayed at this point).

====================================================================
mute_proxy wrote:Hey Baggie, are there any live pictures of the upcoming June DB WCF set? I'm wondering if the wedding figures look any better than the original DWC ones or are they identical
Nope! Banpresto oddly omitted them from the 51st Prize Fair they may show them off that the 52nd Prize Fair next week (though the May Prize Fairs are usually reserved for Aug-Dec figures [DBS movie in December so obviously that stuff won't be shown]).