Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 am

Those art card thingies, wonder what the secret one is.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:10 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Those art card thingies, wonder what the secret one is.
Probably "you know who". They made new art for these so I am guessing the ??? figure was based off it so since they aren't showing the figure makes sense they aren't showing this.

Are they planning to make it a surprise for the actual Kuji? That would be pretty cool actually, not knowing what the figure and secret art is until it starts Feb 2nd.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am

Is the new HG set with all of the Gogetas up for preorder yet?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Those art card thingies, wonder what the secret one is.
Probably "you know who". They made new art for these so I am guessing the ??? figure was based off it so since they aren't showing the figure makes sense they aren't showing this.

Are they planning to make it a surprise for the actual Kuji? That would be pretty cool actually, not knowing what the figure and secret art is until it starts Feb 2nd.

The 4th Anniversary is also coming soon to Dokkan so some people are speculating it has to do with that!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:14 am

===============
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Is the new HG set with all of the Gogetas up for preorder yet?
Indeed it is!
Kinokima wrote: The 4th Anniversary is also coming soon to Dokkan so some people are speculating it has to do with that!
That explains a lot actually! Cool.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Is the new HG set with all of the Gogetas up for preorder yet?
Indeed it is!

Found it just as soon as I posted :lol:

Now I can hit the stop button on movie merch. This last year about killed my wallet

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Kinokima wrote:The 4th Anniversary is also coming soon to Dokkan so some people are speculating it has to do with that!
Dokkan 4th Anniversary is GT themed though.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Kinokima wrote:The 4th Anniversary is also coming soon to Dokkan so some people are speculating it has to do with that!
Dokkan 4th Anniversary is GT themed though.

Last year the 3rd Anniversary was Namek Themed but the two new cards were LR Vegito and LR Gogeta

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm

May Trunks and SS4 Goku updated production images:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:43 pm

I hope AmAmi carries the SS4 Goku, he looks amazing.

It amuses me how every retailer still hasn't revealed the Transcendence Art UI Goku but they have listed Trunks already.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I hope AmAmi carries the SS4 Goku, he looks amazing.

It amuses me how every retailer still hasn't revealed the Transcendence Art UI Goku but they have listed Trunks already.
They will but most likely for NA only but you can already order it here for people in NA too

https://otakumode.com/shop/5c3868e649c9 ... yan-4-Goku

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Kinokima wrote: They will but most likely for NA only but you can already order it here for people in NA too

https://otakumode.com/shop/5c3868e649c9 ... yan-4-Goku
Thanks for the link but I'm not in the US so I can't use Otaku Mode to buy figures. Ami Ami global has listed the UI Omen figure so, I'm hopeful they will have SS4 Goku as well.

EDIT:

And is up. Awesome, already placed my order.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:07 am

Next monthd V Jump issue will have a wafer sticker as a gift (Evolution of Son Goku):

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:19 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Next monthd V Jump issue will have a wafer sticker as a gift (Evolution of Son Goku):

Aww Cute!

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goten_jr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:13 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Next monthd V Jump issue will have a wafer sticker as a gift (Evolution of Son Goku):
No SS2&SS4? :yawn:

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Goten_jr wrote:
I think the SS4 is not relevant to Super but I understand the concerns about SS2.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Goten_jr wrote:
I think the SS4 is not relevant to Super but I understand the concerns about SS2.
SS2 most of the time is left out of these celebrations of Goku unfortunately, another example:
Thankfully Ensky didn't forget:

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Goten_jr wrote: No SS2&SS4? :yawn:
SS2 most of the time is left out of these celebrations of Goku unfortunately, another example:
Thankfully Ensky didn't forget:
I kinda hope that all of the merch use Shintani’s designs more.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 pm

majinwarman wrote: I kinda hope that all of the merch use Shintani’s designs more.
That's an interesting topic actually. If the series comes back soon and under Shintani I think that would go a long way in insuring that we get a more consistent art style across the board. But since they're using the post movie gap to finish ToP marketing they've reveted back to some old habits, such as SSGSS have a bang again:
Even if Shintani does come back to the TV show you are left with this weird what if they want to market pre Shintani stuff what happens? Especially for characters and forms he hasn't designed yet. So I think we'll just be consistently inconsistent for the rest of modern DB.