Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November Bandai Gashapons:

UDM #34

.UI Son Goku
.SSGSS Vegeta (no kanji for evolution...)
.SS Gotenks
.SS Bardock
. F**king Recoome

Sigh. Same old shit.

Is that Evolution Vegeta?
Well, he does have the forehead vein, so maybe.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:23 am

For those curious I managed to find my ResF catalogues scans!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
(Scans from Dec14-Feb15.) Goku/Vegeta/Freeza when not in base all had placeholder figures from older lines...

We will get December figure scans this month (only thing left to reveal is the WCF), next month we'll get January's and so on by the time the movie rolls out we'd have got up to April 2019! Next Prize Fair will be held sometime between Sept-Nov so before the movie. Goku/Vegeta/Freeza as shown above will always be labelled even if figures are blanked or got placeholders and I assume Broly will also, however I expect there probably won't be any new forms (or UI) this time around.

Since December US line had Anger Broly not FP Broly. It's a slim chance but January's assumed FP Broly might be paired with UI Goku, however the Ichiban Kuji has FP Broly and SSGSS Goku so it's looking very slim were gonna get UI Goku /:

I expect FP Broly and the two or one of the mystery characters for Jan's US line.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:For those curious I managed to find my ResF catalogues scans!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
(Scans from Dec14-Feb15.) Goku/Vegeta/Freeza when not in base all had placeholder figures...

We will get December figure scans this month (only thing left to reveal is the WCF), next month we'll get January's and so on by the time the movie rolls out we'd have got up to April 2019! Next Prize Fair will be held sometime between Sept-Nov so before the movie. Goku/Vegeta/Freeza as shown above will always be labelled even if figures are blanked or got placeholders and I assume Broly will also, however I expect there probably won't be any new forms (or UI) this time around.
What's the deal with all the stuff of Goku and Vegeta in the wrong outfits?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:What's the deal with all the stuff of Goku and Vegeta in the wrong outfits?
They're placeholder images so as not to spoil Blue.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is that Evolution Vegeta?
Well, he does have the forehead vein, so maybe.
Better scan, it has the pupil!

Hallelujah!! Small steps but finally the ball is rolling!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 pm

The metallic sheet cards that just came out just list SSBE as SSGSS, so that UDM could be the same.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:00 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:The metallic sheet cards that just came out just list SSBE as SSGSS, so that UDM could be the same.
Well that's certainly going to make things more difficult. It seems like they keep waffling back and forth between the show's dark blue and Yamamuro's normal blue too.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:40 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The metallic sheet cards that just came out just list SSBE as SSGSS, so that UDM could be the same.
Well that's certainly going to make things more difficult. It seems like they keep waffling back and forth between the show's dark blue and Yamamuro's normal blue too.
Well it did take them 2 years before they went light blue for regular SSGSS:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

And they've seemingly stuck with light blue since.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:46 pm

I was thinking, maybe it would be useful to have a list of trusty/suggested retailers from which pick the different merchandise linked here?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I was thinking, maybe it would be useful to have a list of trusty/suggested retailers from which pick the different merchandise linked here?
I've actually been planning writing on a buying/price guide to put at the front of the OP. However there is always so much news I've never had time to get around to it*. Hell I still got to properly clean up the Bandai side of the OP, been saying I need to do that for months now lol.

If I'm free this weekend I'll finally get around to it!

* I swear every time I expect there to be a dry spell news wise things always pop up! It wouldn't surprise me if I posted in this thread everyday for the last couple months! Lol.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:55 am

TheNingen wrote:Has anyone received the Silver Edition HG yet? I'm kind of disappointed that just like with the Future Trunks HG figures, these figures don't scale accurately with the sets before them. It baffles me that Bandai would ruin the scale for the Omen and MUI figures by making the latter bigger
Mine arrived!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Haven't got time to delve into this until late today but THANKFULLY NO MAJOR QC PROBLEMS ON MINE :)

UI looks a lot better in real life than pictures, that's a plus only problem is which they'd have kept the ripped blue shirt but not a huge deal. Zamasu looks great as does Trunks.

SSGSS is a bit better in real life but still pretty ehh /: seemed like that was "filler" so they can get these to 4. SSGSS.E Vegeta would have made more sense but Bandai.

Will post more thoughts later, maybe even film a review (I might start testing the waters on that).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Pïcs of the new VS

SSJ4 Goku Xeno looks pretty cool.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheNingen wrote:Has anyone received the Silver Edition HG yet? I'm kind of disappointed that just like with the Future Trunks HG figures, these figures don't scale accurately with the sets before them. It baffles me that Bandai would ruin the scale for the Omen and MUI figures by making the latter bigger
Mine arrived!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Haven't got time to delve into this until late today but THANKFULLY NO MAJOR QC PROBLEMS ON MINE :)

UI looks a lot better in real life than pictures, that's a plus only problem is which they'd have kept the ripped blue shirt but not a huge deal. Zamasu looks great as does Trunks.

SSGSS is a bit better in real life but still pretty ehh /: seemed like that was "filler" so they can get these to 4. SSGSS.E Vegeta would have made more sense but Bandai.

Will post more thoughts later, maybe even film a review (I might start testing the waters on that).

Still bothers me with the size descrepency of all of them compared to Trunks. Why can't they all be that size!? Where do you order from? You seem to get your products really quickly. I ordered mine from the Bandai site (for once) and I'm going to have to wait 1-2 weeks to get mine

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:40 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Mine arrived!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Still bothers me with the size descrepency of all of them compared to Trunks. Why can't they all be that size!? Where do you order from? You seem to get your products really quickly. I ordered mine from the Bandai site (for once) and I'm going to have to wait 1-2 weeks to get mine
Just finished filming my review of it hopefully can get it edited and uploaded tomorrow! But I will see the difference between UI and "Omen" is worlds apart. Not just scale wise too.

As for where I got my stuff for HG I use "Nin-nin games" they charged ¥6880 incl shipping (chose the lowest option they had) but they do take payment upfront, I pre'd months ago.

As for the rest I use proxy and buy direct from Japan via proxy mainly from AmazonJP. I can recognize all the kanji I need so it's quite easy for me to browse Japanese sites now, the most bizarre thing is a few times some Japanese folks have come to me to see if I found any good deals on things... Lol. Anyway I usually ship these off via SAL Small Packet registered used to take 13 days but the last 3 parcels came only after a week!

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm guessing you'll go into the details of how Omen and UI differ in your review. Looking forward to it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:41 pm

TheNingen wrote:I'm guessing you'll go into the details of how Omen and UI differ in your review. Looking forward to it
Finally uploaded, ended up having to use an editor on my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTn8qa48eCI

Apologies if I am quiet, midnight was literally the only time I had to do it.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheNingen wrote:I'm guessing you'll go into the details of how Omen and UI differ in your review. Looking forward to it
Finally uploaded, ended up having to use an editor on my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTn8qa48eCI

Apologies if I am quiet, midnight was literally the only time I had to do it.

I had you at full blast and I couldn't hear you at all haha. Still disappointed. Even the Warriors of Universe 7 HG doesn't have as vast a scale difference. Ugh. I'm kinda regretting buying the set.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:46 pm

The audio quality was a bit eh but other than that, good review!! I'm probably not gonna pick it up just yet though with all the movie stuff coming out in December (All 3 Ultimate Soldiers, Goku Movie 20th, and Ichiban Kuji) but I might pick it up later down the line

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:12 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:The audio quality was a bit eh but other than that, good review!! I'm probably not gonna pick it up just yet though with all the movie stuff coming out in December (All 3 Ultimate Soldiers, Goku Movie 20th, and Ichiban Kuji) but I might pick it up later down the line
Yeah it seemed okay at the time but watching it back in the morning I realised it wasn't great but I had packed all the HG sets away so really couldn't be bothered to get them out again lol. But hey first video learning experience!

So far I've got about 15,000yen saved up for the movie. Gonna use a majority of my July/August pay to put towards the film. I start studying again September and so December will have a lot of fees for me to pay so I need to save up for the movie prior.

Only problem is WCF if we get shitty ratios again they could be as expensive as one IBK figure... None of this 14/12/12/8/6/4 crap make it 10/10/10/10/8/8.
TheNingen wrote: I had you at full blast and I couldn't hear you at all haha. Still disappointed. Even the Warriors of Universe 7 HG doesn't have as vast a scale difference. Ugh. I'm kinda regretting buying the set.
Flog it on eBay, what I do whenever I regret buying a figure. You'll probably even make some profit.

The only time I had trouble was trying to flog Soul x Soul figures it took me literally months lol. That has to be Banpresto's shittest release ever!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:09 am

Gigantic Series SSGSS.E Vegeta opens reservations.... At 11880yen....

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The top image with aura looks better...Bandai can keep it. Shouldn't be more than 8000, mate of mine as the Gigantic Series SSGSS Goku and said it's just a glorified rubber duck very light.

December stock/production images starting to leak:

WCF should hopefully be revealed soon. Hopefully not long before we can get the scans.