Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by SuperNingenGod » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 am

Perfect, that's a really good looking and detail SSB Goku that's for sure and I need a Blue shirt version of it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:04 am

CONFIRMED: 53rd PRIZE FAIR WILL BEGIN IN TOKYO ON WEDNESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER!!

Will show off prize figures from January - March 2019. Oh boy oh boy oh boy, that means we will be getting January listings, prize fair and January catalogue scans all around the same time... Wow. Get ready guys that week is gonna be hectic!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am

Crunchyroll has added four new figures related to the movie! Big Broli Bulge!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 am

Re: Mystery characters

So TOM have listed the one mystery character from the IBK as also 20cm same as Goku, so I think that rules out Cheelai/Lemo etc. Since only one from the IBK looks to be releasing overseas they're confident then one of the new characters is gonna be that popular enough (out of the May IBK of UI Goku, SSGSS Vegeta, Vegetto, SS2 Gohan, SS Trunks, SS3 Gotenks & UI "Omen" Goku- they only released UI Goku, SSGSS Vegeta & Vegetto overseas). Could it just be character "A & B" are the same but different forms? It's looking increasingly more likely that Gogeta/fusion might actually be a thing.... right now I'd probably say 90%.

Re: WCF

With ResF they made vol.2 all Freeza related so since vol.1 has pre armour Broly I suspect vol.2 will be as follows:

(High ratio)
.Anger Broly
.SS Broly
.SS Broly FP
(Middle ratio)
.Paragus
(Low ratio)
.Cheelai
.Lemo

Hopefully there is a WCF set coming in Jan, Feb & March.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 am

Maybe the one releasing overseas is Blue or UI Gogeta, and then the one that's only for Japan is a lower form.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:56 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Re: Mystery characters

So TOM have listed the one mystery character from the IBK as also 20cm same as Goku, so I think that rules out Cheelai/Lemo etc. Since only one from the IBK looks to be releasing overseas they're confident then one of the new characters is gonna be that popular enough (out of the May IBK of UI Goku, SSGSS Vegeta, Vegetto, SS2 Gohan, SS Trunks, SS3 Gotenks & UI "Omen" Goku- they only released UI Goku, SSGSS Vegeta & Vegetto overseas). Could it just be character "A & B" are the same but different forms? It's looking increasingly more likely that Gogeta/fusion might actually be a thing.... right now I'd probably say 90%.
So whoever this character is we'll know in September ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Maybe the one releasing overseas is Blue or UI Gogeta, and then the one that's only for Japan is a lower form.
They aren't releasing SS Goku from the Movie Ichiban Kuji overseas and that is exactly what they did for the June Ichiban Kuji too just released the SSGSS Goku overseas. Makes you think could be just one character but two forms? But then they do specify character A & B implying they're not the same though I suppose it could be seen like how video games sometimes treat forms as different characters.
sintzu wrote:So whoever this character is we'll know in September ?
Not quite, September will probably give us a better idea thanks to prize fair and January scans we can probably piece together more clues. Since the Ichiban Kuji begins early December (likely 8th) in Japan means the characters will be revealed officially beforehand thus most likely in November's VJump. The WCFs will also be revealed in November too.

But what September will more or less indicate is whether UI Goku is on or not. Since prize fair will show figures from Jan to March if there still isn't any indication of UI Goku then it is safe to say it won't be appearing.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:25 am

Hey Baggie, one question you may or may not know.

Getting back to the HGs, obviously we know they don't share a scale. So why in some promotional materials are the Omen and UI HGs both listed as being 95mm?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Great Saiyaman Figuarts revealed

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Good promo artist is FINALLY do some merch art besides UDM and taking over from shitty promo artist:

Cardass:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Metallic Sheets (credit syouzi3 for the pics):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
"KEFULA" ... Okay. Also they've labelled SSGSS.E here as just SSGSS so looks like they're gonna be inconsistent in terms of colouring and naming for that form... Great. Love that Freeza though!

Bandai have delayed VS 08 from September to October. To the shock of no one, releasing all 3 of their gashapon lines in one month seemed a tough ask for Bandai, I mean Banpresto gonna be releasing close to 15 figures in December for the movie and one giant Shenron plush... Yet Bandai will probably struggle to competently release a few gashapons sets!

Also regarding the movie WCF's for the record blanked characters here don't necessarily mean new they could be spoilers for existing ones (like RF Bulma was blanked as she wasn't revealed at the time) but the Ichiban Kuji specifically states 2 new characters so if we are to assume those 2 are also part of this set means we have a minimum of 2 new characters to be revealed and a maximum of 4, so far.

Roshi wasn't blanked for RF despite IIRC all that was revealed for him was the poster so it doesn't take much for them to reveal a character for the WCFs so safe to assume whatever they're blanking we haven't seen yet.

================
TheNingen wrote:Hey Baggie, one question you may or may not know.

Getting back to the HGs, obviously we know they don't share a scale. So why in some promotional materials are the Omen and UI HGs both listed as being 95mm?
They have the "約" kanji which means "about" so it's not exactly set in stone and as evident by the Silver Edition they can get away with changing the scale.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

That artist is in general doing a lot more now, they do most of the Legends card arts too.
Shame they didn't do those movie posters that they got the bad promo artist to do instead.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:That artist is in general doing a lot more now, they do most of the Legends card arts too.
Shame they didn't do those movie posters that they got the bad promo artist to do instead.
It was boderline embarrasing seeing big events in Japan like the Tenkaichi Budosai last year have key visual art done by the shitty promo artist. Like how did no one at Toei/Shuiesha not see how bad they were. Them doing international art is fine whatever but domestic promo art too?

At any rate glad they've finally realised they had a good artisit there doing practically nothing and giving them more work.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:46 pm

More American Dragon Stars figures aka bunch of remoulds:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Bandai you don't ever fail me!

Official overseas descriptions for December figures:

Shintani KV Goku:

"From Banpresto. Somehow all of the charm and energy of the Dragon Ball franchise shines through this limited edition figure of Goku based on his appearance for the poster for the 20th film in the franchise: Dragon Ball Super the Movie. With a smile on his face and staff in hand, there's not an ounce of fear in this 9.1" design that simultaneously captures Goku's best qualities while still bringing to mind all of the greatest fights from the beloved series!"

US Anger Broly:

"From Banpresto. The battle continues in Dragon Ball Super the Movie, an epic Dragon Ball movie depicting Goku's epic battle against the legendary Saiyan Broly! The intense determination of Goku, Vegeta, and Broly himself are preserved in Banpresto's Dragon Ball Super the Movie Ultimate Soldiers -The Movie- figure series that's as epic as the movie itself! This is the first release in the series, and it depicts the terrifying Broly in his Rage Mode! As he pulls his arm back for a punch, you can practically hear his bone-chilling scream in that expression. Every muscle is carefully sculpted and he stands at a height of 9.1inches"

US Goku:

"From Banpresto. The battle continues in Dragon Ball Super the Movie, an epic Dragon Ball movie depicting Goku's epic battle against the legendary Saiyan Broly! The intense determination of Goku, Vegeta, and Broly himself are preserved in Banpresto's Dragon Ball Super the Movie Ultimate Soldiers -The Movie- figure series that's as epic as the movie itself! Joining the lineup in Volume 2 is everyone's favorite hero Goku in his Super Saiyan Blue form! He's battleworn with torn clothes, but he's not ready to give up as he charges forward with an unstoppable expression on his face at a height of 7.9inches!"

US Vegeta:

"From Banpresto. The battle continues in Dragon Ball Super the Movie, an epic Dragon Ball movie depicting Goku's epic battle against the legendary Saiyan Broly! The intense determination of Goku, Vegeta, and Broly himself are preserved in Banpresto's Dragon Ball Super the Movie Ultimate Soldiers -The Movie- figure series that's as epic as the movie itself! Reaching a height of 7.1", Vegeta is captured in his Super Saiyan Blue form for this figure! He looks as angry and powerful as ever as he charges forward on behalf of Earth. Every figure collection needs some Vegeta!"

Ichiban Kuji SS Full Power Broly:

"From Banpresto. Dragon Ball Super's Broly shows off his awesome power with this Super King Clustar figure from Banpresto! The non-articulated figurine features Broly in his Super Saiyan state complete with bright green hair and rippling muscles as well as a fearsome expression on his face."

Ichiban Kuji SSGSS Goku:

"From Banpresto. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is the result of a Saiyan transforming into a Super Saiyan after absorbing and retaining the power of a god. This non-articulated figurine features Goku in his Super Saiyan God Super Sayain state complete with bright blue hair and rippling muscles!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with this series of Dragon Stars, they've been really good about them so far.
Only one totally new sculpt is pretty lame, also would have rathered it be Omen (with the blue shirt) first.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm

I would love to get those cardass. Bring me lots of childhood memories from the old Z ones.

So far I have not seen too many figures about the new film (I'm curious to see SSG Vegeta and others) but it's great that they are really pushing the new designs. Even Dokkan seems to use Shintani- esque drawings now, or at least trying to.

Is SS Full Power really a thing? Like...grade 4? Why don't use the same name they gave Kale's form? They can't even be consistent with that can they...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 pm

MisteryOne wrote:I would love to get those cardass. Bring me lots of childhood memories from the old Z ones.

So far I have not seen too many figures about the new film (I'm curious to see SSG Vegeta and others) but it's great that they are really pushing the new designs. Even Dokkan seems to use Shintani- esque drawings now, or at least trying to.

Is SS Full Power really a thing? Like...grade 4? Why don't use the same name they gave Kale's form? They can't even be consistent with that can they...
Right now they are just calling it Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power), but it remains to be seen if that will be the name used going forward.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Reminder pre order deadlines for the December Asian distributed Ichiban Kuji figures, SS Broly FP, SSGSS Goku & New Character A end this week. On sites such as a Play-asia who use the Asian distributors, other distributors have other release dates. It should all be the same version all the same.
I pre ordered my Broly on a site called AnimeNPC they seemed okay from reviews I read but most importantly they have an option to pay 30% partial but unfortunately they don't have New Character A so might have to to Play Asia for that.

For SSGSS Goku & New Character B I'll probably try my luck on the Japanese side and seeing if I can find good deals, knowing I won't have to stress about Broly or New Character A.

If Character A is indeed Gogeta... Might be wise getting those pre orders in now.

=========
MisteryOne wrote:I would love to get those cardass. Bring me lots of childhood memories from the old Z ones.

I would like to aswell until I saw Bandai were charging ¥8500 yen.... Pssht.

As for figures we're just get started. Banpresto will release ~15 in December with several already blanked and two specifically labelled as "New Characters A&B" and we'll get Bandai's gashapon plans at the end of the month and then 5th September is the next prize fair will show off figures from Jan to March.

As for SSG Vegeta figures. Wouldn't hold my breath at all. SSG & Vegeta are two things that have got shafted hard* by the merchandise dept. At most we'll probably get a WCF but even then I'm not expecting it.

*Example the DBS FES Son Goku line gave us SS4 Goku and SS4 Gogeta yet still no SSG Goku something actually DBS related...

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:08 am

Got literally everything preordered on Big Bad Toy Store right now lmao. Well everything but the WCFs. One order with the Ichiban Kuji stuff, the other with everything else, and luckily they don’t charge till they get them at their warehouse so my wallet should be safe. I’m so hyped

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:46 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Got literally everything preordered on Big Bad Toy Store right now lmao. Well everything but the WCFs. One order with the Ichiban Kuji stuff, the other with everything else, and luckily they don’t charge till they get them at their warehouse so my wallet should be safe. I’m so hyped
UK aren't getting these until the end of April.... so 5 months basically yeah screw that. Went ahead and ordered New Character A from Play-asia. For SSGSS Goku and New Character B gonna try my luck again in the Ichiban Kuji (all about the timing, I rushed the May IBK thinking prices were low enough already... but then they all dropped a few weeks later /:) as for the rest just waiting for the usual Japanese sellers to list pre orders they usually list them around the 15th of the month. 4 regular prize figures should be the usual 1215-1315yen each but the WCF can be anything from 5200-6900yen depends on ratio since we have a low 6 & 4 it might be pushing into the 6000yen mark /:

Speaking of WCF overseas retailers have either listed them as full cases or singular blind box so no choice. Very odd.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 am

Super HQ production images:

Interestingly some listings have IBK Goku and New Character as having "additional parts" I thought it was a mistake but seeing how Masterlise are also working with Banpresto on the October IBK I don't doubt this now... what if Goku's SSGSS head swaps to SS or... UI? Dun dun dun.