Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures.

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 pm

This one is pretty cool!

On a side note, which Saiyan Transformation (or character) from Super has sold the most merchandise, or has the most merchandise for sale?

Goku786

Post by Goku786 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 am

I Honestly Find all favorite DB Merchadize from https://dragonballstar.com/
My Favorite Dragon Ball Merchandise Store, trust me, click here, <--- BEST Ultra Instinct Goku Designs!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: On a side note, which Saiyan Transformation (or character) from Super has sold the most merchandise, or has the most merchandise for sale?
Goku & SSGSS by far.

And the two combined is unparalleled. For example the December IBK between SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, Goku's ended up costing double after month (Vegeta's MV dropped by half but Goku's never did.)

Another recent example is this set, both SSGSS Goku sold out quick as quick can be thus now cost a LOT more for a simple gashapon in comparison both Black and Trunks only cost a couple hundred yen which is just a couple of dollars.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: On a side note, which Saiyan Transformation (or character) from Super has sold the most merchandise, or has the most merchandise for sale?
Goku & SSGSS by far.

And the two combined is unparalleled. For example the December IBK between SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, Goku's ended up costing double after month (Vegeta's MV dropped by half but Goku's never did.)

Another recent example is this set, both SSGSS Goku sold out quick as quick can be thus now cost a LOT more for a simple gashapon in comparison both Black and Trunks only cost a couple hundred yen which is just a couple of dollars.
Ah i see. Interesting yet not surprising. It’s Goku afterall. But still impressive to see how SSGSS Goku far surpasses anyone in terms of merchandise including Vegeta xD Now i hope Ultra Instinct Goku would set a new record and do even better than SSJ Blue!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:19 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Goku & SSGSS by far.

Ah i see. Interesting yet not surprising. It’s Goku afterall. But still impressive to see how SSGSS Goku far surpasses anyone in terms of merchandise including Vegeta xD Now i hope Ultra Instinct Goku would set a new record and do even better than SSJ Blue!
Goku and Vegeta are the most popular out of franchise currently but the gap between Goku and Vegeta is still pretty big. No wonder they decided to concentrate on Goku's new form first though since Vegeta's is only an extension to SSGSS I don't why they haven't but keep doing regular SSGSS Vegeta it's weird.

But yeah SSGSS is too crazy, I love the form but even I've struggled keeping up with buying merch for it, just too much!

My only concern with UI is it will only have a few episodes with the show ending so it would have to leave a GREAT impression, SSGSS had a movie and then up to episode 110 as Goku's ultimate form, UI is only gonna have a couple episodes. For fans like us DBS ending won't matter we'll still be interested but kids will probably move onto the next thing after March.

I'm certainly interested to see how well DBS merch does after the show ends.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Goku & SSGSS by far.

Goku and Vegeta are the most popular out of franchise currently but the gap between Goku and Vegeta is still pretty big. No wonder they decided to concentrate on Goku's new form first though since Vegeta's is only an extension to SSGSS I don't why they haven't but keep doing regular SSGSS Vegeta it's weird.

But yeah SSGSS is too crazy, I love the form but even I've struggled keeping up with buying merch for it, just too much!

My only concern with UI is it will only have a few episodes with the show ending so it would have to leave a GREAT impression, SSGSS had a movie and then up to episode 110 as Goku's ultimate form, UI is only gonna have a couple episodes. For fans like us DBS ending won't matter we'll still be interested but kids will probably move onto the next thing after March.

I'm certainly interested to see how well DBS merch does after the show ends.
Well i think if they suddenly release a lot of UI Goku merch these coming weeks, and keep adding consistently at various different places (which i have no doubt they will do) then we really don’t have to worry about it. 2 episodes of him appearing, and if we’re really lucky even 3, that will be enough. Especially if they hype it up enough this upcoming week and portray it the best way they can in the show, than it will do incredibly fine i’m sure. UI has had MONTHS of build up afterall and every time it appeared, it was Badassery-incarnate. So yeah.

Another thing i’d like to add that Goku is indeed the perfect role model when it comes to introducing new forms, especially in comparison to Vegeta. Why is that you may ask?

Well Goku has ofcourse his own infamous Base hairstyle. That is very different from Super Saiyan. When he’s in Base, it’s down, when he turns Super Saiyan it goes up. In Vegeta’s case his hair is always up, so you wouldn’t be able to tell with a hypothetical Super Saiyan God Vegeta if it’s his “Base” hairstyle or Super Saiyan.

And this is all about the first introduction of Super Saiyan God Goku years back already. Super Saiyan God obviously had nearly identical hairstyle to Goku’s Base Form, and now Ultra Instinct likewise. Both of these forms are basically just Base Goku for the most part but then recolored. If Vegeta were the first person to unlock Super Saiyan God or UI, then we wouldn’t know that it resembled a Saiyan’s Base hair, and we’d be inclined to assume it’s just another recolored Super Saiyan.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 pm

I mean Goku is the main character and the most popular character. It’s not really a surprise he would get the new form and the focus of the merchandise.

But they better give me at least one good shirtless Vegeta figure (a gashaphon/trading figure does not count) :lol:

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

So what are all the Ultra Instinct figures/statues/merchandise shown or at least announced so far?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:So what are all the Ultra Instinct figures/statues/merchandise shown or at least announced so far?
It's all in this thread, don't be lazy.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Goku & SSGSS by far.

I think Black and Rose sells a lot too since they're still making a lot of new figures for him. Heck, I've seen more new figures of Black in general over almost everyone from the TOP.

Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan being so popular is funny considering how it's seen as a 'loser' form by the handcore fandom.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:28 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:So what are all the Ultra Instinct figures/statues/merchandise shown or at least announced so far?
March:
[spoiler]Ichiban Kuji Saiyans reach their limit Prize A and DC Prize
UDM #30:

Adverge:
Shodo:
WCF:
P Bandai Omen:
Image[/spoiler]

April:
[spoiler]DXF SPECIAL:
Omen UDM #31:
DB vs DBS #6
Image[/spoiler]

May:
[spoiler]Ichiban Kuji:
Prize A
LO Prize Omen:
Image[/spoiler]

June:
[spoiler]Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL:
Image[/spoiler]

July:
FES SPECIAL
GRANDISTA RoS.

HeroR wrote: I think Black and Rose sells a lot too since they're still making a lot of new figures for him. Heck, I've seen more new figures of Black in general over almost everyone from the TOP.

Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan being so popular is funny considering how it's seen as a 'loser' form by the handcore fandom.
For sure, probably goes Goku-Vegeta-Black&Vegetto.

Do people really see SSGSS like that? Didn't know. It's the marketed form since 2015 there's gotta be a reason for that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:30 am

I was mistaken re:RoS

More blanked out Merch what could this possibly mean now?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I was mistaken re:RoS

His eoz clothes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote: His eoz clothes
Which probably means things will connect with the End of Z in ep 131 (or Goku'll start wearing those clothes, which is awesome)

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am

This is Goku new figure? So, 131 is about EoZ.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:40 am

Legion wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is Goku new figure? So, 131 is about EoZ.
Yeah out in July. It wasn't shown off at Prize Fair so I just assumed it was more UI Goku (as no UI Goku was shown off at Prize Fair) but now it's clear it's obviously not.

Lools like we are going EoZ after all!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am

DXF Super Warriors SPECIAL (April):

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:DXF Super Warriors SPECIAL (April):
This one looks pretty good!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:20 am

Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL better quality:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 am

mute_proxy wrote:Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL better quality:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Speaking of Varoq, he followed me on Twitter yesterday and I had a fan boy moment over it :lol: He's my favourite sculptor next to Nakazawa (who is sculpting the entire DBS Son Goku FES line and killing it!)

Well looks like the OP needs updating, probably do it tonight.