Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures.

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:17 am

Kinokima wrote: Looking at him I am not really so surprised at the cost. I am not a big enough Zeno fan to spend that but I’ve bought scales of figures that were close to that in price (when you factor in shipping)
Shipping is a big killer especially when it comes like big figures, I really want a gigantic series Mewtwo but it costs literally the same as the base price to get it shipped here that's a big no no for me. In general I've never spend more than I think like £31/$40 on a single figure the way my mind operates is no point spending too much on one figure when I can get a bunch of them for that price. For example I was thinking about getting a gigantic Vegetto Blue but then decided nah and got the DXF Rosé and Vegetto Blue as well the FES Stage Vol 1s and the Grandista Goku, I got all them in the price (more or less when added up) it would have cost me to get that one figure.

Out of curiosity what did you get that cost as much?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:25 am

Kinokima wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Kinokima wrote:It’s so weird when they make Vegeta SSJ3 products when officially he never went SSJ3.

I was always under the impression that they skipped that stage with Vegeta because they knew it wouldn't look that great on him. Honestly, that figure kind of proves that point.

I personally don’t think it looks good on Goku either. I think it only looks okay on Gotenks to me.

It’s my least favorite form personally. Actually I am not too fond of SSJ4 either.
I think it was always meant to look a little over the top, but I got used to it. It's the most ferocious-looking from the transformations. Gotenks made it a little funny. Aesthetically speaking, that lone bang that hangs over Goku's forehead helps a bit, but Vegeta's massive widows peak + heavy hairless brow ridge + cascade of hair that's as long as he is tall = not a good look imo.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:31 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote: Looking at him I am not really so surprised at the cost. I am not a big enough Zeno fan to spend that but I’ve bought scales of figures that were close to that in price (when you factor in shipping)
Shipping is a big killer especially when it comes like big figures, I really want a gigantic series Mewtwo but it costs literally the same as the base price to get it shipped here that's a big no no for me. In general I've never spend more than I think like £31/$40 on a single figure the way my mind operates is no point spending too much on one figure when I can get a bunch of them for that price. For example I was thinking about getting a gigantic Vegetto Blue but then decided nah and got the DXF Rosé and Vegetto Blue as well the FES Stage Vol 1s and the Grandista Goku, I got all them in the price (more or less when added up) it would have cost me to get that one figure.

Well I have never spent that much on a Dragon Ball figure but Dragon Ball figures tend to be on the cheap side. More prize figures than scale.

I definitely limit my scale figures to ones I really love & usually only 1 or 2 a year if that. But my most recent expensive figure was this Roy Mustang. I think it came to $140 with shipping. Note the shipping was $40.00 because the box was huge. Here is a lesson never order scale figures from Ami Ami because they will overcharge you for shipping. :(

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/463457

Though with shipping that Zeno plush would probably be close to $200

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Well I have never spent that much on a Dragon Ball figure but Dragon Ball figures tend to be on the cheap side. More prize figures than scale.

I definitely limit my scale figures to ones I really love & usually only 1 or 2 a year if that. But my most recent expensive figure was this Roy Mustang. I think it came to $140 with shipping. Note the shipping was $40.00 because the box was huge. Here is a lesson never order scale figures from Ami Ami because they will overcharge you for shipping. :(

I'm curious do you folks in the U.S get hit with customs tax at all? Down here anything over £15 gets taxed which isn't bad in itself but then there's usually a £8 handling fee which is the big killer. So aside from shipping costs that's something else gotta account for on top.

Btw how much do Ami usually charge for shipping anyway? Let's say for normal DB prize figures?

Also nice Mustang!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Shipping is a big killer especially when it comes like big figures, I really want a gigantic series Mewtwo but it costs literally the same as the base price to get it shipped here that's a big no no for me. In general I've never spend more than I think like £31/$40 on a single figure the way my mind operates is no point spending too much on one figure when I can get a bunch of them for that price. For example I was thinking about getting a gigantic Vegetto Blue but then decided nah and got the DXF Rosé and Vegetto Blue as well the FES Stage Vol 1s and the Grandista Goku, I got all them in the price (more or less when added up) it would have cost me to get that one figure.

I'm curious do you folks in the U.S get hit with customs tax at all? Down here anything over £15 gets taxed which isn't bad in itself but then there's usually a £8 handling fee which is the big killer. So aside from shipping costs that's something else gotta account for on top.

Btw how much do Ami usually charge for shipping anyway? Let's say for normal DB prize figures?

Also nice Mustang!

No we don't have customs here and I know we are very lucky in that regard. Hopefully it will stay that way....

It's a bit hard to say about normal shipping and it's not consistent. I usually choose a cheaper shipping method but sometimes Ami Ami will say it can't fit into a smaller box and force you to choose a more expensive option. Prize figures usually don't come in super large boxes so that is usually not a problem and the shipping cost usually isn't too bad....

But when I can I tend to order from other sites like CD Japan or Big in Japan because they will give you the shipping cost up front. Actually I think Tokyo Otaku Mode does this too. I've just started to order Dragon Ball stuff from them since they have some harder to find items (although I think they are a bit overpriced).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Also nice Mustang!

No we don't have customs here and I know we are very lucky in that regard. Hopefully it will stay that way....

It's a bit hard to say about normal shipping and it's not consistent. I usually choose a cheaper shipping method but sometimes Ami Ami will say it can't fit into a smaller box and force you to choose a more expensive option. Prize figures usually don't come in super large boxes so that is usually not a problem and the shipping cost usually isn't too bad....

But when I can I tend to order from other sites like CD Japan or Big in Japan because they will give you the shipping cost up front. Actually I think Tokyo Otaku Mode does this too. I've just started to order Dragon Ball stuff from them since they have some harder to find items (although I think they are a bit overpriced).
Honestly most sites tend to over price DB prize figures a lot. It wasn't until a few months ago I realised I was over paying for them, recently I managed to get DXF SSGSS Vegeta shipped for ¥2000 otherwise I wasn't gonna pick it up as sites were selling it for as high as $40 shipped. For me now the most I'll be willing to pay for something is 30% more than the Japanese current base price, like the recent DXFs going for around ¥1800-1900 so getting it for ¥2000 shipped was a bargain I couldn't pass up on.

So now I head to Japanese auctions sites to gauge how much figures are going for and then I'll make rough calculation on factoring shipping to see how much it truly is worth spending on these.

Don't get me started on local comic book or hobby stores, recently popped into mine to pick up some Manga yesterday and they were selling the Grandista SS Goku for £45/$60... :shock: when I got mine for at least half! I want to support them but yeash.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:01 am

Ami Ami has up the latest world collectible figure set up for preorder. Not sure why this one but not others but it’s a pretty good price for anyone interested in this set.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 0&page=top

They also have this pretty nice Goku up for preorder

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... 9&page=top

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:11 am

Kinokima wrote:Ami Ami has up the latest world collectible figure set up for preorder. Not sure why this one but not others but it’s a pretty good price for anyone interested in this set.

I only want caulifla outta that set, but she'll probably end up being half of that cost alone so I might as well get the whole set.
Feels over Reals.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:37 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Ami Ami has up the latest world collectible figure set up for preorder. Not sure why this one but not others but it’s a pretty good price for anyone interested in this set.

I only want caulifla outta that set, but she'll probably end up being half of that cost alone so I might as well get the whole set.
Maybe, there does seem to be a pattern lately with each WCF set Banpresto seemingly unproduce one or two of them, recent set Kale and Jiren and the previous set dead Yamcha, thus they go for a bit more than they others. It doesn't seem a bad idea to order the set you could always sell the others after, that's what I do sometimes when I order sets of things.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 pm

RedHeat wrote:

You can get the figures individually on Otaku Mode: https://otakumode.com/shop/59f2a0ffde91 ... very-Vol-2

You're looking at $8-10 shipping depending on your options.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Now is the chance to release a toy of god goku with damaged clothes,damn that would be cool,that form needs more attention.
Mostly active on discord.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm

The gr wrote:Now is the chance to release a toy of god goku with damaged clothes,damn that would be cool,that form needs more attention.
There's more SSGSS scheduled next year hopefully those will have battle damage. But sadly nothing substantial for SSG, we got release schedule for up until May, only hope is the FES line since it's all about Goku & vol 6 is scheduled for May but we don't know what they are and the same for the DXF Special, though being realistic they're both probably Ultra Instinct Goku.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: There's more SSGSS scheduled next year hopefully those will have battle damage. But sadly nothing substantial for SSG, we got release schedule for up until May, only hope is the FES line since it's all about Goku & vol 6 is scheduled for May but we don't know what they are and the same for the DXF Special, though being realistic they're both probably Ultra Instinct Goku.
Well a battle damaged ssgss also sound cool and that is strange,no plans for ssg,that form is getting a lot of attention.
Mostly active on discord.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:25 pm

The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: There's more SSGSS scheduled next year hopefully those will have battle damage. But sadly nothing substantial for SSG, we got release schedule for up until May, only hope is the FES line since it's all about Goku & vol 6 is scheduled for May but we don't know what they are and the same for the DXF Special, though being realistic they're both probably Ultra Instinct Goku.
Well a battle damaged ssgss also sound cool and that is strange,no plans for ssg,that form is getting a lot of attention.
What happens in the animé isn't reflective of what they market and release, sometimes it does but most of the time it's all random, for example Ikari Trunks being released this month, where it would have made sense to release an UI Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:10 am

Vegetto Blue HQ pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

WCF Saiyan Bravery HQ pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:29 am

SSGSSKK Goku and Rosé Black Blood of Saiyans:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Much better than the Z versions. This line redeemed itself! Deffo getting that Goku.

Given DXF special and the FES vol 6 weren't shown yet think it's safe to say they're UI Goku.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Bandai America announce their upcoming series for their Super toyline - coming March.

https://toywiz.com/dragon-ball-z/bandai-america/

Series 3 includes "build a merged Zamasu" pieces with each character (see link below for a pic)

http://news.toyark.com/2017/10/05/nycc- ... res-274172

These are expensive, and don't look great to be honest. The SSB Goku and Vegeta are both underwhelming.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 am

Ichiban Kuji March figures revealed and RE USED F**KING MOULDS AGAIN.
I'm at my tether with Banpresto...eughhh.

DBZ_Lee wrote:Bandai America announce their upcoming series for their Super toyline - coming March.

https://toywiz.com/dragon-ball-z/bandai-america/

Series 3 includes "build a merged Zamasu" pieces with each character (see link below for a pic)

http://news.toyark.com/2017/10/05/nycc- ... res-274172

These are expensive, and don't look great to be honest. The SSB Goku and Vegeta are both underwhelming.
Ouch. Wayyyy too much if they were like $10 cheaper each that wouldn't be too bad, but yeash.

I was tempted by Merged Z but him being the build a figure... Total bummer. This U.S line has been pretty disastrous...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 pm

December Ichiban Kuji "Dragon Ball Memories" officially open on 23/12, here is the official line up!!:
Prize A; Super Saiyan Son Goku:
Prize B; Super Saiyan Vegeta;
Prize C; Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku:
Prize D; Mug:
Prize E; Small Platter Collection:
Prize F; Towel collection:
Last Chance Prize; Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Just a note the SSJB Vegeta figure will be pretty much impossible to get.