Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I really don't know how to feel about that...
No one does. :lol:

I can't wait for the "canon" debates. 8)
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Bandai are gonna have a f**king field day. Their mouth must be dripping with saliva...
The whole thing was probably their idea. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:13 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Bandai are gonna have a f**king field day. Their mouth must be dripping with saliva...
The whole thing was probably their idea. :lol:
This movie was Toriyama. So it'vs very likely it was his idea.

And keep in mind, when Toriyama see a Toei creation he likes a lot, he's more than willing to take that concept and provide his own spin on it or integrate it into Dragon Ball's main story.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:When Toriyama see a Toei creation he likes a lot, he's more than willing to take that concept and provide his own spin on it or integrate it into Dragon Ball's main story.
This is why I'm not going to freak out cause I fully believe that he saw something in Broly worth revisiting. The producers said he had final say in everything so if he's confident enough in this then we should at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm willing to bet we will get a movie Broly merchandise in late 2019 further debunking that "He is only there for merchandise".
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 pm

The gr wrote:I'm willing to bet we will get a movie Broly merchandise in late 2019 further debunking that "He is only there for merchandise".
I guess this retroactively justifies all those figures he had under the Super brand? :eh:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: I guess this retroactively justifies all those figures he had under the Super brand? :eh:
He is there because the editor confirmed this idea to AT.
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

The gr wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: I guess this retroactively justifies all those figures he had under the Super brand? :eh:
He is there because the editor confirmed this idea to AT.
I get the feeling people are going to try to scapegoat Toriyama's editor as the villain for suggesting the idea, but don't forget that he rejected other movie pitches before this one.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 pm

So how well are the “Ultra Instinct” Goku figures selling so far? Is that known?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 am

Lord Beerus wrote:This movie was Toriyama. So it'vs very likely it was his idea.

And keep in mind, when Toriyama see a Toei creation he likes a lot, he's more than willing to take that concept and provide his own spin on it or integrate it into Dragon Ball's main story.
As per Toriyama's comment this is his own spin on Broly. He's reworked the character and added to him, so he could be essentially a brand new character that is just based on Broly. At the very least his backstory will probably be different since it doesn't really fit with Minus.

I dig New Broly's design so far, and he has at least two outfits (the shirtless one on the poster and the armored version in the teaser) so hopefully we get figures of both.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 am

Predictions for December's figures:
Ultimate Soldiers I- SSGSS (or UI if in film) Goku
Ultimate Soldiers II- SSGSS/E Vegeta
Ultimate Soldiers III- SS Broly.
Obvious now, hopefully the line continues into Jan onward.

WCF Set and ratio:
.Goku (already revealed) 14
.Vegeta 12
.Broly 12
.Beerus 8
.Whis 6
.A New Character 4

Winter clothes Goku and Vegeta, different forms Goku and Vegeta should be enough for them to lead a few WCF sets, hopefully we get about 5 when all said and done.

==============
The gr wrote:I'm willing to bet we will get a movie Broly merchandise in late 2019 further debunking that "He is only there for merchandise".
We're getting movie merch immediately in December and a lot of it 4 regular prize figures are scheduled as well as a WCF set and an Ichiban Kuji (which is typically about 5-6 figures). And then whatever Bandai have planned (find out end of next month).

It is similar to the last One Piece movie during the month it came out they got 4 regular figures and 2 WCFs I believe. In contrast BoG only got one WCF in 2013, with three more and 4 regular figures in 2014. ResF got on regular figure and UDM set during it's opening month with each subsequent month having one figure and one WCF (WCF's stopped after 3 volumes and the figures stopped after 5). So this movie is already a massive improvement when it comes to merch! The fact that OP got a big roll out shows this isn't for Broly and DB really should have had similar and now we do.
GodVegetto91 wrote:So how well are the “Ultra Instinct” Goku figures selling so far? Is that known?
Very well. Every month is an increase in orders from gamestations, example April's UI figure only got 156 case orders from Sega and this July's one got about 183 from them! After market is as expected slowly increasing in price too now, April's UI figure's market value is now over 2000yen.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:This movie was Toriyama. So it'vs very likely it was his idea.

As per Toriyama's comment this is his own spin on Broly. He's reworked the character and added to him, so he could be essentially a brand new character that is just based on Broly. At the very least his backstory will probably be different since it doesn't really fit with Minus.

I dig New Broly's design so far, and he has at least two outfits (the shirtless one on the poster and the armored version in the teaser) so hopefully we get figures of both.
I hope they pull a Goku Black and make this trite idea into something great.

I don't want another Dragon Ball Minus.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

You can't get much worse than original Broly.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 am

Wow that’s great to know! Thanks Baggie_Saiyan! I wish all the best for UI Goku. And considering it is selling so well, there’s an even bigger chance now that we’ll see it in the upcoming movie too! Considering the sales, people in japan (and all over the globe) must definitely love UI, (as do I).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: As per Toriyama's comment this is his own spin on Broly. He's reworked the character and added to him, so he could be essentially a brand new character that is just based on Broly. At the very least his backstory will probably be different since it doesn't really fit with Minus.

Bio Broly...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I hope they pull a Goku Black and make this trite idea into something great.

Bio Broly...
The reactions are going to be priceless if he melts at the end and turns into Bio Broly. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:50 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Wow that’s great to know! Thanks Baggie_Saiyan! I wish all the best for UI Goku. And considering it is selling so well, there’s an even bigger chance now that we’ll see it in the upcoming movie too! Considering the sales, people in japan (and all over the globe) must definitely love UI, (as do I).
The form being in or not would've been decided when the script was written last year.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 am

DBS FES!! SPECIAL (re-release/re-colours) pics finally, out this Thursday:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

SS4 was just released in May but probably included because they couldn't include anything else (since Kid Goku repaint is coming in the main volume this month and the SS gold repaint in Sept), colouring wise Black is the most obvious has a pink tint on the clothes to reflect aura, other than that the others looks more clean I guess as the original volumes had these darker areas of paint to presumably reflect getting dirty in battle.

FES line didn't need a re-release the DXF line did, it was in desperate need of a new paint job as the sculpts themselves weren't too bad but let down by final production values. Oh well.

Speaking of, interestingly Sega only ordered 85 cases as expected, and about 170 of the main FES later this month... that was all fine and expected but the interesting thing is is Namco did the opposite...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Dragon Ball Minus was a bonus chapter, not a full fledge story. Not sure why fans can't understand that.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: As per Toriyama's comment this is his own spin on Broly. He's reworked the character and added to him, so he could be essentially a brand new character that is just based on Broly. At the very least his backstory will probably be different since it doesn't really fit with Minus.

Dragon Ball Minus was a bonus chapter, not a full fledge story. Not sure why fans can't understand that.
Dragon Ball Minus was still an unnecessary revision of a character (Bardock), as well as Goku origins.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Dragon Ball Minus was still an unnecessary revision of a character (Bardock), as well as Goku origins.
It was necessary since the Bardock Special never made much sense if you put some thought into it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.