Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:42 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Any idea what the above says about FP Broly? Thanks!
It says the base (don't know if you also call it a pedestal) will have an illustration.
That makes sense cheeers. :thumbup: Being hoping for something like that for ages!
AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait a sec. How do we know the ratio for B? The pic cuts that part off it off. And actually i think D is 8, not 6.

Also, if the 2 Ichiban Kuji characters are new, wouldn’t they be under ratio-d for the WCF catalogue if one of them wasn’t a fusion? How do we know that D and F are minor? Didn’t you say most or all of the time new characters are ratio’d at 8 or under no matter how minor or major? So why would D and F only have a chance of only being minor new characters? Can’t they also be major new characters?

Sorry, thats a lot of questions.
It's got to add to 56 and it descends in order so B is definitely 12 since A is 12 and C is also 12.

Yeah it's definitely could be fusion now as 12&12 is same ratio as Goku... If it isn't another Goku or Vegeta/Freeza then they only ever over ratio for fusions... Or Bardock.

They've already got one Goku @ 12 there is a very slim chance another Goku will also be 12 plus it would be labelled so we can safely rule that out. There shouldn't be anything to hide regarding Freeza so we can rule that out too.

As for minor characters I mean in the sense of characters that aren't the big guns. And yes new characters are usually under ratio because well they're new which is what makes B & C even more interesting.... And like I said fusions will not be labelled and that's certainly the case here... It's looking kinda likely now.

BlueBasilisk wrote: I'm gonna hazard a guess that the D(6) is Cheelai and the F(4) is Lemo, but they've already been revealed... Weren't Kale and Caulifla both 6-ish? B and C being so over-ratioed is very interesting. Those'll almost definitely be the ones from the Ichiban Kuji. They must really be banking on demand for those two characters. :think:
They've revealed pre Freeza force outfit Broly and that was only seen in a scan, Cheelai and Lemo seen in the trailer and revealed months before, with ResF they showed Tagoma and Sorbet but blanked Shishami since he wasn't revealed yet same with new outfit Bulma and Jaco, they even showed Roshi before he was formally revealed (he was alongside Bulma in Feb IIRC) as he was just in the poster. So likely new unrevealed characters for the last two.

Your last sentence basically sums it up. Right now the only thing that fits the bill is Gogeta and or Bardock. Because we know they don't like taking risks so why now are they suddenly taking risks on two "new" characters?

Well the next slew of listings will be Bandai's December gashapons in a few weeks, and then a few weeks after that January Banpresto scans and a few weeks after that potentially the next prize fair! So ya'll get your sleuthing hats ready we're only getting started! :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Better scans and better look at box sizes, WCF are confirmed 12/12/12/10/6/4 ratio:

(20x15x10 same as FES box size)

SSGSS Goku and Vegeta aren't a set so that way Banpresto can sell them separately as a case of 36 each (instead of an 18/18 split like FES)
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's got to add to 56 and it descends in order so B is definitely 12 since A is 12 and C is also 12.

Yeah it's definitely could be fusion now as 12&12 is same ratio as Goku... If it isn't another Goku or Vegeta/Freeza then they only ever over ratio for fusions... Or Bardock.

They've already got one Goku @ 12 there is a very slim chance another Goku will also be 12 plus it would be labelled so we can safely rule that out. There shouldn't be anything to hide regarding Freeza so we can rule that out too.

As for minor characters I mean in the sense of characters that aren't the big guns. And yes new characters are usually under ratio because well they're new which is what makes B & C even more interesting.... And like I said fusions will not be labelled and that's certainly the case here... It's looking kinda likely now.

They've revealed pre Freeza force outfit Broly and that was only seen in a scan, Cheelai and Lemo seen in the trailer and revealed months before, with ResF they showed Tagoma and Sorbet but blanked Shishami since he wasn't revealed yet same with new outfit Bulma and Jaco, they even showed Roshi before he was formally revealed (he was alongside Bulma in Feb IIRC) as he was just in the poster. So likely new unrevealed characters for the last two.

Your last sentence basically sums it up. Right now the only thing that fits the bill is Gogeta and or Bardock. Because we know they don't like taking risks so why now are they suddenly taking risks on two "new" characters?

Well the next slew of listings will be Bandai's December gashapons in a few weeks, and then a few weeks after that January Banpresto scans and a few weeks after that potentially the next prize fair! So ya'll get your sleuthing hats ready we're only getting started! :P
Even Bardock's iffy. They've had a DB Minus WCF in the past that has Kid Goku, Gine and Bardock in it. and this Bardock would just be the same one unless it's like Old Bardock or something. I'm really stumped! :eh:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm waiting patiently for that Rage Broly to go up for preorder on US Amazon, I really want it.
BlueBasilisk wrote: Even Bardock's iffy. They've had a DB Minus WCF in the past that has Kid Goku, Gine and Bardock in it. and this Bardock would just be the same one unless it's like Old Bardock or something. I'm really stumped! :eh:
Them having done Bardock before doesn't really change anything though, it'd be a different figure and Bardock appears to have different colors in the movie now too, as for why they wouldn't be showing it it'd be because they haven't officially announced him being in the movie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Even Bardock's iffy. They've had a DB Minus WCF in the past that has Kid Goku, Gine and Bardock in it. and this Bardock would just be the same one unless it's like Old Bardock or something. I'm really stumped! :eh:
Yeah he is definitely more iffy than Gogeta. Guess we'll see what January brings. I'm guessing Full Power Broly and two mastery characters will be in the Ultimate Soldiers line. And hopefully we get 2 WCF sets in January. (One Piece Film Gold had multiple WCFs in a month!)

It really is stumping, 2 popular characters (or expected to be) blanked yet over ratio for the WCF and part of the Ichiban Kuji. If it's genuinely two new new characters then fair play to them, finally taking risks.

Oh and we'll hopefully get the Ichiban Kuji sheet this month too fingers crossed, so far everything has been on schedule (in terms of when to expect info).

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:52 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Even Bardock's iffy. They've had a DB Minus WCF in the past that has Kid Goku, Gine and Bardock in it. and this Bardock would just be the same one unless it's like Old Bardock or something. I'm really stumped! :eh:
Yeah he is definitely more iffy than Gogeta. Guess we'll see what January brings. I'm guessing Full Power Broly and two mastery characters will be in the Ultimate Soldiers line. And hopefully we get 2 WCF sets in January. (One Piece Film Gold had multiple WCFs in a month!)

It really is stumping, 2 popular characters (or expected to be) blanked yet over ratio for the WCF and part of the Ichiban Kuji. If it's genuinely two new new characters then fair play to them, finally taking risks.

Oh and we'll hopefully get the Ichiban Kuji sheet this month too fingers crossed, so far everything has been on schedule (in terms of when to expect info).
Can i just say how exciting this whole thing is? Its great that ever since Super, i haven’t just become a viewer, but a theorist (mainly crackpot theorist), some who knows about behinds the scenes work (A.K.A the animation community even though its not just animation they focus on), and now I'm getting into merch which is pretty useful.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:30 am

Not sure what series these are.
There's a third image with a list as well.
https://twitter.com/DB__ZGTKAISUPER/sta ... 6363448320

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Not sure what series these are.
There's a third image with a list as well.
https://twitter.com/DB__ZGTKAISUPER/sta ... 6363448320
It is the Ichiban Kuji. It's the one with two new mystery characters A & B.

Hoping the Ichiban Kuji sheet leaks this month too as it could pertain further clues to the new characters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:58 am

I'm really digging the hair color on that SSB Goku. :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:24 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm really digging the hair color on that SSB Goku. :thumbup:
Production/stock images have all been off lately. Hopefully this one isn't. Definitely getting the high end feeling! Detailing in the hair is to die for!

By the way, Bandai Spirits/Banpresto are only releasing SSGSS Goku overseas not SS (which is likey just a re colour but fully clothed) and ONE of the new characters not both.

Also TOM haven't listed the WCF doesn't look to be releasing overseas as a few other sites haven't listed them either. Just waiting on Europe to see if it is indeed the case.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:31 am

Aw man, I hope we get the WCF sets, it'd be lame if we didn't.
Weird that we are only getting one of those mystery figures too...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:16 am

They might just be dragging their feet on the WCFs. When I was trying to find the set with Gattai Mira, I had to wait a while before I could find them on any site but Ebay.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:31 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Aw man, I hope we get the WCF sets, it'd be lame if we didn't.
Weird that we are only getting one of those mystery figures too...
BlueBasilisk wrote:They might just be dragging their feet on the WCFs. When I was trying to find the set with Gattai Mira, I had to wait a while before I could find them on any site but Ebay.
Scratch that! WCFs will be released overseas production/stock image:

(We only get these if something is also being released overseas also so it's just a matter of when they'll be listed.)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:35 am

Thank god, I can pay normal price with free shipping on the ones I want now!
I want that base Broly, hopefully there are plenty of other ones I want too.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 am

Otaku Mode has pre-orders up for Ultimate Soldiers Broly and the IK Full Power Broly. That shipping though... :(

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Otaku Mode has pre-orders up for Ultimate Soldiers Broly and the IK Full Power Broly. That shipping though... :(
Amazon should hopefully have preorders up soonish.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:36 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Otaku Mode has pre-orders up for Ultimate Soldiers Broly and the IK Full Power Broly. That shipping though... :(
How much they charging for shipping?

Japanese stores will hopefully list them end of the week, since 4 regular figures are at the full case of 36 should hopefully be the flat 1215yen so 4860yen for all 4. WCF is where I am sweating it's gonna be listed anywhere between 5400-6900yen... for the full set (WCF are usually listed in sets of 3, high ratio on their own, high ratio + middle ratio [in this case Broly] and then high ratio + middle ratio + low ratio so basically the whole set).

So the full set of WCF will cost more than all 4 of the regular figures combined... /: so that means a majority of my 15,000yen budget will be gone and the rest will probably be used for shipping. Still the 4 Ichiban Kuji's left as well... but fortunately they don't usually go for pre sale until only a few weeks before release so got some time to save up for that.

I am probably after December just gonna save up get WCFs, unless they make regular figures for SSG or SS Broly then I will get those too.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:01 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
How much they charging for shipping?

Japanese stores will hopefully list them end of the week, since 4 regular figures are at the full case of 36 should hopefully be the flat 1215yen so 4860yen for all 4. WCF is where I am sweating it's gonna be listed anywhere between 5400-6900yen... for the full set (WCF are usually listed in sets of 3, high ratio on their own, high ratio + middle ratio [in this case Broly] and then high ratio + middle ratio + low ratio so basically the whole set).

So the full set of WCF will cost more than all 4 of the regular figures combined... /: so that means a majority of my 15,000yen budget will be gone and the rest will probably be used for shipping. Still the 4 Ichiban Kuji's left as well... but fortunately they don't usually go for pre sale until only a few weeks before release so got some time to save up for that.

I am probably after December just gonna save up get WCFs, unless they make regular figures for SSG or SS Broly then I will get those too.
US Broly is $10.60 SAL, 13.76 small packet or 18.75 EMS. IK Broly is 16.39. I'd guess because he's so big.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:22 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm really digging the hair color on that SSB Goku. :thumbup:
Definitely getting the high end feeling! Detailing in the hair is to die for!
Absolutely agree, the detailing in the SSB hair looks miles ahead of that Ultimate Soldier line. Hope it's a decent size too.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 am

Out today:

UDM THE BEST #26
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Chinese BWFC 2017 Winning Gogeta:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Meh on both.

==========================
BlueBasilisk wrote: US Broly is $10.60 SAL, 13.76 small packet or 18.75 EMS. IK Broly is 16.39. I'd guess because he's so big.
IBK will also all be one piece so the box will be larger than normal. Since March they actually fixed the IBK boxes thankfully as last years September and December ones were ridiculously large.
SuperNingenGod wrote: Absolutely agree, the detailing in the SSB hair looks miles ahead of that Ultimate Soldier line. Hope it's a decent size too.
According to TOM it is 20cm & they've listed Broly as 30cm. We'll know for sure once we get the Ichiban Kuji sheet.