Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 am

Gogeta confirmed:
European listings for Ultimate Soldiers IV list it as "New Hero".

HQ Production images:

Also being released overseas:
ResF WCF Blind Boxes:
SMSP SS4 "Manga Dimensions":

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by #17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:33 am

So we will get 3 Gogetas or 3 new heroes?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 am

I think the bigger confirmations of Gogeta are the Xenoverse 2 datamine and an animator (the character designer of My Hero Academia no less) mentioning that he was working on the movie and was doing Gogeta stuff.

Are those F WCFs a reprint series?
#17 wrote:So we will get 3 Gogetas or 3 new heroes?
We'll probably be getting at least two Gogetas, base and Blue, other mystery figures could be other characters like Bardock and that Saiyan seen with Paragus in that one scene set in the past.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:39 am

The New Hero listing was for the Ultimate Soldiers IV figure the one with the big blank. The WCFs have no specific labels... However this is where ratio scans come in handy. In Japan Banpresto figures are won via crane games and so Banpresto make their money domestically by selling cases of figures to gamestations around the country, now WCFs come in a case of 56 but they're not evenly split and there are a lot of ratio shenanigans, popular or expected to popular characters are use over ratio where new characters or existing characters that don't get many figures are low ratio. So the whole point is fans will pay more money trying to win the low ratio rare figures. Thus gamestations will be more liable to put in more orders where ratio's are like this.

Movie WCF Vol.1 scan:
Goku, Vegeta and Blank are 12. Base Broly is 10. And two blanks are low at 6 & 4 thus there are likely to be new characters (either we haven't seen them yet or it's spoilers regarding new characters we have seen). The Blank at 12 is very likely to be Gogeta as he fits that popularity category.

Movie WCF Vol.2 scan:
Goku and Broly are high ratio at 12 & 14 respectively that makes sense. Bulma is an 8 so she's expected to be just below medium popularity, and two blanks are also 8 so they're expected to be in similar popularity range as Bulma. And one blank is 6 so their expected to not be as popular as Bulma so likely a new character or an older one that doesn't get many figures.

Vol.3 scans we get in a few weeks.

===========
ArchedThunder wrote:I think the bigger confirmations of Gogeta are the Xenoverse 2 datamine and an animator (the character designer of My Hero Academia no less) mentioning that he was working on the movie and was doing Gogeta stuff.

Oh sure at this point it's really undeniable now.

Yeah the ResF WCF is reprint of the movie WCFs and some of the DBS retelling WCF for ResF:
ArchedThunder wrote:Hopefully the Omen and Evolved figures won't be too hard to come by in the west.
Hopefully the fact that Evolved is slowly but surely getting merch means that we'll see it again, even if it doesn't end up in the movie.
Like the Legends Kuji I'm sure they all be released overseas but I am worried about Omen because he's an LO Prize and they haven't released an LO Prize overseas yet.

It's so bizarre they're literally waited a year to do something with Evolution.

======================
GodVegetto91 wrote:Could anyone show me that survey and the results of fans having picked SSGSSE Vegeta as their preference if it’s possible ofcourse?
Here's the survey for the recent VS set:
https://gashapon.jp/enquete/researchs/charaenq/3425/3/

Since this is a survey not a poll information is kept private.

Post by #17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I think the bigger confirmations of Gogeta are the Xenoverse 2 datamine and an animator (the character designer of My Hero Academia no less) mentioning that he was working on the movie and was doing Gogeta stuff.

We'll probably be getting at least two Gogetas, base and Blue, other mystery figures could be other characters like Bardock and that Saiyan seen with Paragus in that one scene set in the past.
I think that guy is a young teen Broly in some flashback

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:26 am

#17 wrote:

No, he doesn't have Broly's hair, a Saiyan's hair doesn't change.

Post by #17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
#17 wrote:

No, he doesn't have Broly's hair, a Saiyan's hair doesn't change.
Ahhh you are right. Thanks for the reminder.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 am

Twitter user @hiroakihi443 posted pics of the UG #08 seems they're being sold a bit earlier:

At least Bandai colouring the pupils, boots etc in here!

Given the line fan favourite, I am surprised we've only had one new volume since Feb! Hopefully we get some in January for the movie!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Bummer, DeepDiscount pushed back the Star Masters SS4 until October.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Bummer, DeepDiscount pushed back the Star Masters SS4 until October.
I ordered it from them as well. I think add one or so month to the original date. SSGSS Big Size Goku was originally slated for July didn't come out until August. And FES SS4 Gogeta I pre ordered with a release date of 8th August I think but it released yesterday by then I already expected September anyway.

Edit-
FES SS4 Gogeta shipped! I used Blowitoutta here same parent company as deep I believe but a little bit cheaper:
https://www.blowitoutahere.com/banprest ... 9996100430

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Gogeta confirmed:

HQ Production images:

ResF WCF Blind Boxes:
Where is he “confirmed”???

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:40 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Gogeta confirmed:

HQ Production images:

ResF WCF Blind Boxes:
Where is he “confirmed”???
He’s not confirmed but lets be honest. All we’re really waiting for as of now is an image. We all know he’s gonna be in the movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:48 am

Pre ordered movie WCF Vol.2 and Ultimate Soldiers IV.... Since they're both out same week. Thankfully the WCF was ¥6300.... A heck of a lot better than ¥12000!!!

Seriously a 4 ratio makes a difference of almost ¥6000!! Ridiculous. Praying for Vol.3 to be similar to Vol.2 or even better no 6 or 4 ratio!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 am

Adverge 9 coloured:

Looking increasingly likely Gogeta will have 2 forms.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:16 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Adverge 9 coloured:

Base & God or God & Blue is my bet on the two.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:20 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Image
I'm a little on the fence about this Broly. I'd really like to get him and I think he's definitely the best looking of this set, but he's the same price as the Ultimate Soldiers figures and I've already pre-ordered the bigger Broly... :think:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Adverge 9 coloured:

Base & God or God & Blue is my bet on the two.
My bets are Blue Gogeta and either UI or UI Omen Gogeta.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Base & God or God & Blue is my bet on the two.
I think Gogeta Blue will happen one way or another given SSGSS is the mascot form of modern DB. Red and Blue is my prediction. He maybe shown in base in the film but I don't think he'll be merched as they rarely merch base fusions, if Gogeta does go through at least 2 forms they're more likely to re-use moulds rather than for just base, so I am 80% confident Gogeta does at least go through 2 forms.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I'm a little on the fence about this Broly. I'd really like to get him and I think he's definitely the best looking of this set, but he's the same price as the Ultimate Soldiers figures and I've already pre-ordered the bigger Broly... :think:
Honestly just wait until release and see how you feel. Don't think there is a rush to pre order this unlike those other two December Broly's and the Japanese have a full case of 36 (since it is Full Power more chance of over ordering too) so there should be plenty about on release date. I might order the SSG's and wait on Broly myself.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Honestly just wait until release and see how you feel. Don't think there is a rush to pre order this unlike those other two December Broly's and the Japanese have a full case of 36 (since it is Full Power more chance of over ordering too) so there should be plenty about on release date. I might order the SSG's and wait on Broly myself.
Yeah, you're right. I think I'll go ahead and preorder Rage Broly in that case. I wanna wait and see that that "new figure" looks like before I commit to it. Something about the faces on the SSGs looks off to me or I'd have grabbed them.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Honestly just wait until release and see how you feel. Don't think there is a rush to pre order this unlike those other two December Broly's and the Japanese have a full case of 36 (since it is Full Power more chance of over ordering too) so there should be plenty about on release date. I might order the SSG's and wait on Broly myself.
Yeah, you're right. I think I'll go ahead and preorder Rage Broly in that case. I wanna wait and see that that "new figure" looks like before I commit to it. Something about the faces on the SSGs looks off to me or I'd have grabbed them.
I already took a big risk pre ordering the Ichiban Kuji New Character but figured I'd complete the Ultimate Soliders line too.

Yeah the SSG's look okay unfortunately not part of the Ultimate Soldiers line though understandable with Nakazawa doing 4 figures for that in space of 2 months and 18 WCF's in the space of 3 months plus potentially any of the Ichiban Kuji.

Fun fact up until this January Nakazawa had sculpted every single SSG Goku figure for Banpresto. (Even more of a fun fact Nakazawa sculpted EVERY Banpresto figure for the last two movies! Probably done ~80% of DBS stuff too). We're so blessed to have him with Dragon Ball!