Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by Tian » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Jason De Marco has less of a leg to stand on now...

Also. I'm surprise NO ONE is comenting! I'm on episode 3 by now!

Can someone say if anything was censored.
Well, Roshi's line wasn't censored like it was on the Bang Zoom dub...so I think the dub is uncut.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:47 pm

By the time they reach the ToP, I hope Patricia Acevedo voices Kale, she would make her funnier than what Yukana has done with Kale.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Why was Yukana "Moe Blob Incarnate" Chosen to do the voice anyway?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Watched from ep. 3-5. Can confirm most of the original voices are in, they fixed ep. 5 since they are using the Blu-Ray version. No censorship.

Danimon

Post by Danimon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Tian wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Jason De Marco has less of a leg to stand on now...

Also. I'm surprise NO ONE is comenting! I'm on episode 3 by now!

Can someone say if anything was censored.
Well, Roshi's line wasn't censored like it was on the Bang Zoom dub...so I think the dub is uncut.
The part in episode 3 where Roshi is looking at the girls was censored (in the original there is a close-up to their asses :lol: ) also, the part where he and Oolong are reading some magazines

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:58 pm

I watched just episodes 4 and 5. Thought it started later than it did :( I wanted to see episode 3 :cry:
Its ok. Beerus' voice is still bad, the greeting joke part with Goku is still lost but overall I think it was good. :thumbup:

Gregory's voice is still the same :D :thumbup:
I find Trunks voice weird since Battle of Gods... was it always this way? also, now that I have heard constantly japanese Trunks it feels so different hearing a more "childish" Trunks...
It was good to hear Laura Torres back as Goten.
Kaiosama's voice was a bit weird the first time I heard it, but I got used to it while the episodes passed.
Pilaf voice is a bit weird... since Battle of Gods...

I thought the translation was good. I need to rewatch those episodes in japanese again though.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:It means "Fly, Hit and Evade" and apparently is one of the worse sung lines from the opening. Also this video is hilarious if you understand Spanish.

https://www.facebook.com/oscar.alfonzo. ... 1947144046

My favorite part are the lions.
this was funny. :P
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:18 am

I only managed to watch Ep1 at friends place, I wont deny it tough, I almost shed a tear, wonderful, it's awesome to watch Dragon Ball Super with 90% of the old cast, Mario Castañeda never disapoints as Goku, and Mr.Boo and Mr.Satans new voices are pretty similar to their old ones, so, that's another plus :clap: .

My only headache is the opening tough. . .

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:49 am

I only watched a little part of episode 5 because I had a lot of work to do and decided only to stop for episode 102. Oh my god the nostalgia hearing Castañeda as Goku. AMAZING, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the scripts in some scenes.

The opening and ending are pure cancer. I'm extremely pissed because of how they destroyed those songs. The ending is just pathetic.

And it depresses me more when I go to hear Adrian Barba's version of the ending #1, the line "Aunque ha pasado el tiempo luzco fuerte como ayer" (Even though time has passed I look strong as yesterday) striked me to goosebumps and tears the first time I heard it. So sad they did this with those great songs.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:18 am

PMD wrote:I only watched a little part of episode 5 because I had a lot of work to do and decided only to stop for episode 102. Oh my god the nostalgia hearing Castañeda as Goku. AMAZING, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the scripts in some scenes.

The opening and ending are pure cancer. I'm extremely pissed because of how they destroyed those songs. The ending is just pathetic.

And it depresses me more when I go to hear Adrian Barba's version of the ending #1, the line "Aunque ha pasado el tiempo luzco fuerte como ayer" (Even though time has passed I look strong as yesterday) striked me to goosebumps and tears the first time I heard it. So sad they did this with those great songs.

Abolutely awfull, I can't agree more, Adrian Barba's versions where perfect, yet they decided to piss the fanbase off with that "thing" we got as Opening/Ending themes.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:00 am

Tian wrote:
wjbraden wrote:For those of you watching the premiere tomorrow (I wish I could, but I live in the US), could somebody check the SAP English audio track? Somehow I have a feeling it might be the Bang Zoom dub from Toonami Asia, considering Turner commissioned the dub. If it is the BZ dub, would it be possible for someone to record the audio in HD?
The SAP audio is Japanese, not English.

P.D : Sorry for the double post.
Oh okay, thanks.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Just let me ask a question as a brazilian: there is anyone here that don't like Mario Castañeda's new performance as Goku? With "new performance" I talk about his acting as Goku since Battle of Gods.

I ask that because I saw some people saying that Eduardo Garza is a bad director, and he supposely makes Mario sounding forced. It's this true for you guys?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 pm

He was TERRIBLE on Naruto Shippuden, but I loved BoG and Super.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:He was TERRIBLE on Naruto Shippuden, but I loved BoG and Super.
Really? I haven't watched Naruto Shipppuden, but the Naruto dub sounded good to me.
SaintEvolution wrote:Just let me ask a question as a brazilian: there is anyone here that don't like Mario Castañeda's new performance as Goku? With "new performance" I talk about his acting as Goku since Battle of Gods.

I ask that because I saw some people saying that Eduardo Garza is a bad director, and he supposely makes Mario sounding forced. It's this true for you guys?
I haven't (and can't :cry: ) watched the Latin American dub of Super. So I don't know how Mario sounds in Super. His "new" voice (BoG and Resurrection 'F') does sound somewhat different that in Z though. But thats because Nozawa's current Goku also sounds different. What I mean is that because Nozawa plays Goku much more childish than she did in Z and she is also much older, her current Goku sounds different. So Mario has to dub Goku like Nozawa. More childish than in Z. And a lot of LatAm fans don't like his "new" voice because of that. Personally I'm not a fan of his "new" more childish Goku. But its been 20 years since Z was dubbed in Latin America. It's understandable why Mario sounds different. He's much older and Goku is now much more childish.

Lalo Garza is...hated by many and love by many. In my opinion, from the dubs I've seen from him, he's a good/decent director. I guess. I haven't watched current series that were directed by him. Maybe he got much worse. But Drake and Josh, Naruto, and ICarly dubs (which were directed by him) were good. Well at least to me. It seems that a lot of fans hate on Lalo Garza just to hate on him. But I'm no expert when it comes to acting and dubbing, so maybe he is as bad as some people say.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:54 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Just let me ask a question as a brazilian: there is anyone here that don't like Mario Castañeda's new performance as Goku? With "new performance" I talk about his acting as Goku since Battle of Gods.

I'm not a fan of how Goku's latam voice sounded in BoG. But I understand its because Castañeda wanted to give him sort of the same vibe Nozawa did, as in more childish.
In FnF I thought it was ok.
In Super, I could be wrong, but I think he sounded the same as in Z.
Bajosexto wrote: [...] So Mario has to dub Goku like Nozawa.
Talking about the actors trying to emulate the japanese version. I found that true for Kaiosama's voice, that at first he sounded pretty weird for me, then, after I kept listening, I noticed it was the same voice from Z but trying to immitate the way japanese Kaiosama sounded, even though at those times his Seiyuu was in bad health and that had an effect in his voice acting.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 pm

According to Doblaje Wiki :
Champa, Vados and Magetta will be voiced by Martín Soto (Marik Ishtar in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters), Romina Marroquín Payró (Anna in Frozen) and Osvaldo Trejo Rodríguez (This guy doesn't have any notable characters yet) respectively.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 am

Hugo Robles, the singer of the ending uploaded a new version :
https://youtu.be/GKpW_mccaTo
It's a shame the TV version had poor mixing with the music :(

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Ending 2 sung by Iván Oropeza
https://youtu.be/qRbXzYQD1XM

Gotta be honest on this one, I was expecting something better at the same level of the Original, English or Brazilian versions.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 pm

TODAY WAS A DISASTER! Joke after joke. Gerardo Reyero HAS a super manly voice but now he's playing A GAY GUY.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:TODAY WAS A DISASTER! Joke after joke. Gerardo Reyero HAS a super manly voice but now he's playing A GAY GUY.
I always wondered how Freeza would sound if Gerardo sticked more to Nakao's voice and honestly it sounds weird :/

On the other hand, Usubeni (Ending 3) premieres next monday and since we have the worst music director and mixer ever, I don't expect too much.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:40 am

It seems Eduardo Garza it's not making people happy with his work as voice director.

And couldn't you guys take off this "(Brenda Nava Confirmed as Translator!)" from the title of the topic? I mean, this is an information about the dub that is not necessary to be in the title of the topic.