Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know its meaningless, but sangofe's post made me see I really overkill with caps so I wont be using them anymore. Do try to tell me when I do it!
Hehe, you can use bolds and italics here to show excitement :)

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks sangofe! I hope this thread will be more pleasent without all that yelling lol.

Also are you interested in our dub? You probably wouldnt be checking out the thread otherwise, I ask because we have to get this thread back on Topic.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Thanks sangofe! I hope this thread will be more pleasent without all that yelling lol.

Also are you interested in our dub? You probably wouldnt be checking out the thread otherwise, I ask because we have to get this thread back on Topic.
Yeah, I'm interested in all international Dragon Ball dubs.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 pm

It's a little late to post the news, but some interesting information has been revealed about the Latin American dub:
es.blastingnews.com/showbiz-y-tv/2017/0 ... 29805.html

-Super will debut in Latin America in August 5th, 2017 on Cartoon Network.
-Super airs between 10 and 12 pm depending on the country, and new episodes air all weekdays with a mini-marathon rerun on Saturdays.
-No censorship about the Galactic King's penis because it airs at night time.
-Apparently, over 50 episodes have been dubbed as indicated by a picture of Dabura's voice actor with Krillin's voice actor. Dabura shows up in the Future Trunks saga.
-Characters with shared voice actors, notably Goku and Goku Black (Mario Castañeda) and Freeza and Frost (Gerardo Reyero), will have differing acting performances to tell them apart better. Probably Shin and 17 (Genaro Vásquez) will have them as well.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm

http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/07/dragon-b ... twork.html

First promo narrated by Mario Castañeda himself! Prepare for the Dragon Ball Invasion!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/07/dragon-b ... twork.html

First promo narrated by Mario Castañeda himself! Prepare for the Dragon Ball Invasion!
Ha! That is for all the stupid DB youtubers that spread misinformation and for the people believing them :twisted:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Danielsan! I missed you I never saw you here anymore! And what do you mean by that? What does that have to do with this?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Cartoon Network LA uploaded the dubbed opening :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_bu3CtS1U

I don't know who is the singer.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:04 pm

While I'm super excited for the LA Dub, I have to say, the opening is horrible, I wish they had chosen Adrian Barba for it, but it's to late now.

However, as someone who watched DB in german, and grew up with DBZ-GT for years with the LA dub after moving, I can just say, I'm happy like a little kid, and can't wait for the dub, Mario Castañeda's Goku is just awesome!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 am

I never watch LatAm dubs so I have to ask, is it normal for they to change the metrics in such a drastic way for some verses in dubbed openings?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 am

The LA dub is mostly faithful to the Japanese version, at least Dragon ball concerned, same goes for the Openings.

I'm not sure if it is allowed to post this here, but, here is a demostration of Mario Castañeda voicing Goku Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVAkwY_2KE

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am

Venus wrote:The LA dub is mostly faithful to the Japanese version, at least Dragon ball concerned, same goes for the Openings.
I don't think this is the most accurate answer to what he asked, since he is talking only about the lyrics of Super opening.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 pm

To Gafonso, No it isnt.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Tian wrote:Cartoon Network LA uploaded the dubbed opening :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_bu3CtS1U

I don't know who is the singer.
Not someone who's good at singing...

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 am

It means "Fly, Hit and Evade" and apparently is one of the worse sung lines from the opening. Also this video is hilarious if you understand Spanish.

https://www.facebook.com/oscar.alfonzo. ... 1947144046

My favorite part are the lions.

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:14 am

For those of you watching the premiere tomorrow (I wish I could, but I live in the US), could somebody check the SAP English audio track? Somehow I have a feeling it might be the Bang Zoom dub from Toonami Asia, considering Turner commissioned the dub. If it is the BZ dub, would it be possible for someone to record the audio in HD?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Here's the dubbed ending (with texts in Spanish) and we finally know the singers's names :
https://youtu.be/Z57DD3nO4sw

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:26 pm

wjbraden wrote:For those of you watching the premiere tomorrow (I wish I could, but I live in the US), could somebody check the SAP English audio track? Somehow I have a feeling it might be the Bang Zoom dub from Toonami Asia, considering Turner commissioned the dub. If it is the BZ dub, would it be possible for someone to record the audio in HD?
The SAP audio is Japanese, not English.

P.D : Sorry for the double post.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Jason De Marco has less of a leg to stand on now...

Also. I'm surprise NO ONE is comenting! I'm on episode 3 by now!

Can someone say if anything was censored.