Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 pm

News about the dub:
Marcos Patio is Buu, also Maggie Vera will be participating but they didn't say who she is playing.
Cristina Camargo announced she is retiring of dubbing so she won't be 18 anymore, Monica Villaseñor will be taking that role from now on.
Also, it's pretty possible Crunchyroll will be releasing the series with Latam dub, they just announced they are starting to dub SAO 1, 2, the movie and the third season so Super isn't coming alone.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:11 pm

I doubt it. Toei will fight tooth and nail for a TV Deal, they wont be happy with just Crunchyroll.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I doubt it. Toei will fight tooth and nail for a TV Deal, they wont be happy with just Crunchyroll.
Of course, but I was talking about the releasing of the series on CR, I wasn't talking about the TV since nothing was confirmed yet, but it's pretty clear that's what they are aiming for principally.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I doubt it. Toei will fight tooth and nail for a TV Deal, they wont be happy with just Crunchyroll.

I'm afraid that Cartoon Network L.A. maybe cannot be the channel that will broadcast Super for the continent.

I say that because that until now there aren't any official informations about the brazilian dub. If CN will broadcast it, they would dub the series to brazilian portuguese too.
But the brazilian actors are constantly asked about Super and they say they know nothing about it yet. I know, there is the possibility of they are saying this because of confidentiality contracts, but it makes me worried.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Dont worry, because of two reasons.

-Brazil probably is under contract not to say anything. Remember how it was for the USA. If you dont know, the crew had to keep quiet for YEARS until both Super and Kai were announced for Adult Swim the very same day.

-If they wont, then SCREW CARTOON NETWORK, they would have censored stuff anyway. So its best if it goes to Rede Brasil or some other Local Brazilian network.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Lalo announced he has selected the voices for Champa (he wrote Shampa so I guess that's how they will pronounce it) and Vados. Now he uploaded a photo with Germán Fabregat and Elsa Covian so maybe they will be these new characters, and I have to say, if it's true, those two are a really great choice.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I know its really immature of me but DOCTOR DOOFENSHMIRTZ is SHAMPA!? Also SHAMPA!? I dont know if I like or not.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:16 pm

As a person that speaks portuguese and only a bit o portuñol I have to ask, which one is closer to the japanese pronunciation? Champa or Shampa?
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know its really immature of me but DOCTOR DOOFENSHMIRTZ is SHAMPA!? Also SHAMPA!? I dont know if I like or not.
It wasn't what I expected but still it's a fitting choice for the character (at least to me).

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:As a person that speaks portuguese and only a bit o portuñol I have to ask, which one is closer to the japanese pronunciation? Champa or Shampa?
Shampa.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm

It's from champagne (which is pronounced shampañe), so yeah.

Also, re: Gohan's insult to Nappa, the original was "Your mother's belly button sticks out", for whatever that's worth.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 am

Eduardo Garza is messing with the translation, thinking he knows better than Brenda Nava.

Read all about it here. http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/04/dragon-b ... 3281073626

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... The Super Latin American dub is in good hahahahahahhaahaha! I can only laugh not to cry.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:03 am

I can get why he thought Brenda was wrong, thankfully he noticed he was wrong and is trying to correct his mistake, hopefully this will be his worst mistake and isn't really a big deal.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Eduardo Garza is messing with the translation, thinking he knows better than Brenda Nava.

Read all about it here. http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/04/dragon-b ... 3281073626

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... The Super Latin American dub is in good hahahahahahhaahaha! I can only laugh not to cry.
Alee9977 wrote:I can get why he thought Brenda was wrong, thankfully he noticed he was wrong and is trying to correct his mistake, hopefully this will be his worst mistake and isn't really a big deal.
I have some news: since the brazilian dub will have the songs dubbed into portuguese, I think that it can happens with the latin american spanish too.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:08 pm

http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/06/toei-ani ... e-sus.html

DRAGON BALL SUPER WILL ARRIVE ON LATIN AMERICA IN EARLY 2018. YAY!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/06/toei-ani ... e-sus.html

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TYPE IN CAP LOCKS?!

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

It felt like it has taken forever, same with the recent Inuyasha dub, but I'm glad it may finally air next year. Can't wait to hear "¡insecto!" again.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

sangofe wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:http://www.anmtvla.com/2017/06/toei-ani ... e-sus.html

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TYPE IN CAP LOCKS?!
Because I'm really happy and I dont know how to convey that in text clearly otherwise. Sorry.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Early 2018? Putabida :'v

At least we know when to expect it. I can rest easy now.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 pm

I know its meaningless, but sangofe's post made me see I really overkill with caps so I wont be using them anymore. Do try to tell me when I do it!