Latin American Super Dub Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: LATIN AMERICAN DUB CONFIRMED (Brenda Nava Confirmed as translator!)

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Alee9977 wrote:
Rene is practically confirmed, he was supposed to start today but because of schedule problems he wasn't able to do it.
Carlos Segundo, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Carola Vazquez and many others aren't confirmed yet, but Lalo said it's only a matter of time.
The thing that really worries me is that one of the original voices is being replaced and they don't want to tell us who he is.
Its probably Laura Torres, she didnt work in the BoG and FnF movies iirc.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:
Rene is practically confirmed, he was supposed to start today but because of schedule problems he wasn't able to do it.
Carlos Segundo, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, Carola Vazquez and many others aren't confirmed yet, but Lalo said it's only a matter of time.
The thing that really worries me is that one of the original voices is being replaced and they don't want to tell us who he is.
Its probably Laura Torres, she didnt work in the BoG and FnF movies iirc.
Nop, she is confirmed or almost confirmed, and she worked in FnF, she did a minor character.
What comes to my mind is Mr. Satan, Lalo said the character was a little important and the client prefered the Kai voice to the original, so he is the only one I can think of.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Nop, she is confirmed or almost confirmed, and she worked in FnF, she did a minor character.
What comes to my mind is Mr. Satan, Lalo said the character was a little important and the client prefered the Kai voice to the original, so he is the only one I can think of.
You probably right. I haven't seen Lalo's live stream yet, because of my very slow internet, but I've read the article on anmtvla.com that basically summaries what Lalo said. From what I read it seems like TOEI wants to keep the same voice actors from BoG and RoF except for one actor that wasn't in the movies but was on Kai. The only actor that I can think of is Bardo Miranda who voiced Mr.Satan in Kai but didn't voice him in the movies.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:02 am

Alee9977 wrote:
Nop, she is confirmed or almost confirmed, and she worked in FnF, she did a minor character.
In the Original Satan had 2 voices, the 2nd one sounded so much like Chris Rager.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:
In the Original Satan had 2 voices, the 2nd one sounded so much like Chris Rager.
He had more than two voices but the one that is most representative of Satan is Ricardo Brust, he was in the movies but not in Kai, and he wasn't mentioned by Lalo in the streaming and he mentioned almost everybody except the Kaioshins and Mr. Satan, and since the original voices of the Kaioshins weren't in the movies the only one left is Mr. Satan.

kevoso96

Post by kevoso96 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 am

If a latin spanish dub is in the works, a brazilian portuguese one is probably already happening or is scheduled to happen this year.
Remember Cartoon Network Brazil is airing Dragon Ball Kai again, months after the final chapters were dubbed and this is what Toei demands for Super airing on TV.

And I couldn't care less about Bezerra asking the fans to press Toei to dub the series on his own studio. It was really rude of his part to just come on Facebook and be like "hey guys, I'm dubbing the Last Chapters in a studio that invited me and most of the original cast, but please help me to make sure everything Dragon Ball goes to my studio. Because if Toei doesn't make a deal with me, I'm not sure if I'm gonna dub it and business deals are so totally something fans have to do with..."

I don't know how the upper folks at Sigma (studio responsible for the Last Chapters dub) reacted to this, but If I were on their shoes I would never hire Wendel for anything that is not Dragon Ball again.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:46 pm

kevoso96 wrote:If a latin spanish dub is in the works, a brazilian portuguese one is probably already happening or is scheduled to happen this year.
Remember Cartoon Network Brazil is airing Dragon Ball Kai again, months after the final chapters were dubbed and this is what Toei demands for Super airing on TV.

And I couldn't care less about Bezerra asking the fans to press Toei to dub the series on his own studio. It was really rude of his part to just come on Facebook and be like "hey guys, I'm dubbing the Last Chapters in a studio that invited me and most of the original cast, but please help me to make sure everything Dragon Ball goes to my studio. Because if Toei doesn't make a deal with me, I'm not sure if I'm gonna dub it and business deals are so totally something fans have to do with..."

I don't know how the upper folks at Sigma (studio responsible for the Last Chapters dub) reacted to this, but If I were on their shoes I would never hire Wendel for anything that is not Dragon Ball again.
Well, for an interview with Guilherme Lopes(original brazilian voice of Recoome, Mr. Satan and Nappa) months ago, Wendel Bezerra almost didn't worked in The Final Chapters dub. But Jorge Barcellos(Sigma's upper folk and owner) convinced him. Jorge is a great friend of most of the veteran voice actors that works in São Paulo, including Wendel Bezerra.

That reminds me that Wendel Bezerra was already replaced in another a production that is dubbed on Sigma. That production was American Dad, and the role was Steve Smith. The one who took the role was Alex Minei(Krillin in The Final Chapters). He actually was not dubbing anything on Sigma since a few years ago, probably 2012 or 2013, but the reason is fault of time and not bad relationship with other professionals. He is very busy directing the dubs that are did in his own studio since 2011.

But Goku, alongside with Spongebob, is the biggest role of his entire voice acting career. I'm pretty sure that it will be a big effort of the directors and general staff in any studio to preserve his voice for any Dragon Ball stuff.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:27 pm

kevoso96 wrote:

Wow really?? If I were the boss in Sigma I would never hire him again :lol:
Maybe the man has his reasons but that is very rude, using the fans to get what you want.

Apparently it has been spreading over the net that Rene Garcia wasn't going to be in the dub because of a post made by Garza but it turned out to be fake, so for now there aren't any news yet, only Carlos Segundo said everything was going well so we just have to wait. No news from Ricardo Brust either.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Alee9977 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:

Wow really?? If I were the boss in Sigma I would never hire him again :lol:
Maybe the man has his reasons but that is very rude, using the fans to get what you want.

Apparently it has been spreading over the net that Rene Garcia wasn't going to be in the dub because of a post made by Garza but it turned out to be fake, so for now there aren't any news yet, only Carlos Segundo said everything was going well so we just have to wait. No news from Ricardo Brust either.
Well, as I said in my previous commentary, Wendel doesn't dub anything on Sigma since 2013 or 2014 maybe, when he was replaced in Steve Smith from American Dad. Not for bad relations with the bosses in Sigma, but for not being avaliable for work in other studios since he was busy directing many dubs in his own studio.

But Goku and Spongebob are his biggest voice acting roles and this is known fact for many people. No director in any studio would want to replace him in those two specific characters.

kevoso96

Post by kevoso96 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:57 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:
kevoso96 wrote:

Well, as I said in my previous commentary, Wendel doesn't dub anything on Sigma since 2013 or 2014 maybe, when he was replaced in Steve Smith from American Dad. Not for bad relations with the bosses in Sigma, but for not being avaliable for work in other studios since he was busy directing many dubs in his own studio.

But Goku and Spongebob are his biggest voice acting roles and this is known fact for many people. No director in any studio would want to replace him in those two specific characters.
I beg to differ his declared 'reasons'.
If he's so full of work, actually casting and directing the whole series in his own studio (as he promises to do) would actually cost him most more time than just going to Sigma and recording Goku's lines.
People who claim to be busy enough actually want to accept less amounts of workload, and wanting to take care of a whole series rather than just dubbing one character makes no sense in this situation.
To me, he is just being greedy. Just like when the Baroli family took the Saint Seiya Hades from Álamo to their studio and spent the first years providing dubs with really bad sound quality for the franchise, because they were miles behind Álamo in quality standards. At least Unidub doesn't suffer from this fate, though.
And if the man didn't have a bad relation with Sigma, I bet he has now. Heh.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

If anybody is interesting, some members of the cast attended a convention where they talked and teached things about dubbing, and here is a video of how they dub Super but it's not real, It was just to show how dubbing process works although this can give you an idea of how the dub will be.
https://youtu.be/q7xHf7f2Plo

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Rene Garcia is confirmed, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza and Carlos Segundo are missing, luckily we will have more news in the next hours/days.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Rene Garcia is confirmed, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza and Carlos Segundo are missing, luckily we will have more news in the next hours/days.
Where was Rene confirmed? I already searched twitter and anmtvla and I didn't find anything.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Bajosexto wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Rene Garcia is confirmed, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza and Carlos Segundo are missing, luckily we will have more news in the next hours/days.
Where was Rene confirmed? I already searched twitter and anmtvla and I didn't find anything.
Lalo's twitter.
He just uploaded a photo with Carlos Segundo and Laura Torres, and now deleted it and posted it again but this time he cut the faces to make us guess who that is, so I will take that as a confirmation of Carlos Segundo (?.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Lalo's twitter.
He just uploaded a photo with Carlos Segundo and Laura Torres, and now deleted it and posted it again but this time he cut the faces to make us guess who that is, so I will take that as a confirmation of Carlos Segundo (?.
I guess it could be a confirmation. But we won't be sure sure until Carlos Segundo confirms it on his twitter.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 am

Bajosexto wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:Lalo's twitter.
I guess it could be a confirmation. But we won't be sure sure until Carlos Segundo confirms it on his twitter.
And yes, Carlos Segundo is confirmed too, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza is missing but I don't know if we will receive news from him anytime soon, he isn't very active on Twitter so only Lalo will tell us, most likely he is already working just like Laura Torres (the last news we got from her is that she was in negotiations and now she is already dubbing Goten)

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:19 am

I can rest easy now.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:21 am

Alee9977 wrote:And yes, Carlos Segundo is confirmed too, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza is missing but I don't know if we will receive news from him anytime soon, he isn't very active on Twitter so only Lalo will tell us, most likely he is already working just like Laura Torres (the last news we got from her is that she was in negotiations and now she is already dubbing Goten)

Luis Alfonso Mendoza confirmed on his twitter that he has already dubbed some episodes.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Bajosexto wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:And yes, Carlos Segundo is confirmed too, only Luis Alfonso Mendoza is missing but I don't know if we will receive news from him anytime soon, he isn't very active on Twitter so only Lalo will tell us, most likely he is already working just like Laura Torres (the last news we got from her is that she was in negotiations and now she is already dubbing Goten)

Luis Alfonso Mendoza confirmed on his twitter that he has already dubbed some episodes.
Yeah, we got everybody back then, now we have to wait until June/July to get news about in which TV channel it is airing, the best we can ask right now is Fox, but who knows?

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Yeah, we got everybody back then, now we have to wait until June/July to get news about in which TV channel it is airing, the best we can ask right now is Fox, but who knows?
What about Mario Sauret? Did Lalo said he wanted him back for Boo and Ox Satan, or will he keep Marcos Patiño and Enrique Cervantes for the roles?

I hope Mexico's Canal 5 airs it. That's the only way I can watch it legally.