Maaan..How badass is Toppo? So Psyched!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Maaan..How badass is Toppo? So Psyched!

Post by Booze Sama » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:13 am

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Maaan..How badass is Toppo? So Psyched!

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Es todo REAL!! Toppo is el new maestro!
Toppo existe!
Toppo kissed my girlfriend!
El Toppo mata my granny!
Que viva Mexico! El Toppo que save! Arriba!(insert mariachi music here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR13oP5srkk
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm

It was pretty cool, but nothing all that special imo. I want to see what makes him a candidate to be a God of Destruction. Destroying a blast from Basil was cool, but I need more. It's getting me excited to see his whole team. As the leader of the Pride Warriors fighting for in the name of justice, Toppo is here. He looks older than his other two teammates, it's possible he founded the group and that the alien and Beerus-looking guy are some of the younger members with extraordinary talent.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:34 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
It was pretty cool, but nothing all that special imo. I want to see what makes him a candidate to be a God of Destruction. Destroying a blast from Basil was cool, but I need more. It's getting me excited to see his whole team. As the leader of the Pride Warriors fighting for in the name of justice, Toppo is here. He looks older than his other two teammates, it's possible he founded the group and that the alien and Beerus-looking guy are some of the younger members with extraordinary talent.
My dear Mathematical guy, I think the whole point was how people on YT was hyped by 3 frames of something that happen everyday in Dragon Ball.
Worst than haters are crazy enthusiasts.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Not really impressive, to be honest. That's something even Boo could have done.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Calling it right now, Toppo will not be the main character of the trio. They are building him up right now but he's going to end up getting killed by Goku. That way the guy from the opening can have even more reason to kill Goku. You know since Toppo was his master and all.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

julianix wrote:Calling it right now, Toppo will not be the main character of the trio. They are building him up right now but he's going to end up getting killed by Goku. That way the guy from the opening can have even more reason to kill Goku. You know since Toppo was his master and all.
Lmao. No lie, if Goku was in a situation to where he killed Toppo, which gets the other members of the team pissed off would be funny. But, I can't say I see it happening. I could even possibly see Toppo being the strongest of his team, but the alien guy Goku's fighting to be the one to play the biggest role in the saga.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Doctor. wrote:Not really impressive, to be honest. That's something even Boo could have done.
Or Beerus. We literally see him cancel out ki blasts in the BOG arc.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Not really impressive, to be honest. That's something even Boo could have done.
Comparing Toppo to Beerus would be counter-productive, because that would be impressive though.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 pm

I think that Toppo just did this, more or less.

https://youtu.be/Fa-CmSFe9u4?t=129

I don't think that he has erased that ki blast like Beerus. Is pretty much different.

CrimsonYouth

Post by CrimsonYouth » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Wild theory: Toppo will fight the winner of the battle between Goku vs Bergamo and will win with zero efforts.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 am

If so, why did Chanpa jump out of his skin? No Boo wouldn't of done that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:10 am

Booze Sama wrote:
If so, why did Chanpa jump out of his skin? No Boo wouldn't of done that.
Buu could have, champa also jumped when piccolo's SBC broke his dome..
They have a habit of over acting
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:46 am

Buu got pushed back by the very same blast before he was finally able to punch it away. So it was definitely a feat just not a very big one.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 am

Retan wrote:Buu got pushed back by the very same blast before he was finally able to punch it away. So it was definitely a feat just not a very big one.
B-but you are temporarily banned..
How did you comment
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:22 am

He blocked a blast from the weakest of Universe 9's Trio in a bland manner, no theatrics, no flashyness, nothing in how he blocked it made him look badass in the slightest. If it was a blast from a much more powerful opponent, then maybe. He just held his arms out and blocked in the same way Buu did.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:37 am

Kanassa wrote:He blocked a blast from the weakest of Universe 9's Trio in a bland manner, no theatrics, no flashyness, nothing in how he blocked it made him look badass in the slightest. If it was a blast from a much more powerful opponent, then maybe. He just held his arms out and blocked in the same way Buu did.
True, furthermore his design is ridiculous. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:40 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Kanassa wrote:He blocked a blast from the weakest of Universe 9's Trio in a bland manner, no theatrics, no flashyness, nothing in how he blocked it made him look badass in the slightest. If it was a blast from a much more powerful opponent, then maybe. He just held his arms out and blocked in the same way Buu did.
True, furthermore his design is ridiculous. :D
He is the Lorax, he speaks for the trees
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Comparing Toppo to Beerus would be counter-productive, because that would be impressive though.
...Fair point.

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Maybe snuffing the blast wasn't a feat of power, maybe Toppo has the unique ability to negate ki attacks. I'm not sure that it would really impede any of the universe 7 fighters but it's still cool.

Edit: Oh wait, it would probably be useful in fighting Tien. Tien's strongest technique (the neo tri beam) weakens him severely the more he uses it. If Toppo can bait a tri beam from Tien and then shirk it off like he did with that blast from Basil then he would gain a strong upperhand.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta