Maaan..How badass is Toppo? So Psyched!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Maaan..How badass is Toppo? So Psyched!

Post by Smilodon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 pm

EDIT.......
Last edited by Smilodon on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vados Sama!

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Booze Sama wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Not really impressive, to be honest. That's something even Boo could have done.
If so, why did Chanpa jump out of his skin? No Boo wouldn't of done that.
But Fat Boo did the same thing against Goku SSJ3.
You can see in this video, at 1:33
https://youtu.be/xrbKM9Hp2Gc?t=1m33s

Even Tenshinhan did something like this against Kid Goku's Kamehameha

Toppo will be amazing, I have no doubt. But this wasn't impressive. Let's be honest....This thing happens everywhere in Dragon Ball.
Vados Sama!

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:He blocked a blast from the weakest of Universe 9's Trio in a bland manner, no theatrics, no flashyness, nothing in how he blocked it made him look badass in the slightest. If it was a blast from a much more powerful opponent, then maybe. He just held his arms out and blocked in the same way Buu did.
Nothing says that Basil was the weakest of the Trio I think.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
Kanassa wrote:He blocked a blast from the weakest of Universe 9's Trio in a bland manner, no theatrics, no flashyness, nothing in how he blocked it made him look badass in the slightest. If it was a blast from a much more powerful opponent, then maybe. He just held his arms out and blocked in the same way Buu did.
Well it is Dragonball, I think we're just used to dramatic escalation in the series meaning that the order in which the antagonists get to fight is from weakest to strongest.

Radditz, Nappa, Vegeta.

Guldo, Recoome, Jeice and Burter, Ginyu, Frieza.

The list goes on.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:11 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Retan wrote:Buu got pushed back by the very same blast before he was finally able to punch it away. So it was definitely a feat just not a very big one.
B-but you are temporarily banned..
How did you comment
He's not. The title doesn't go away straight away. Like mine got changed after two weeks of having it.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:42 am

I have a feeling Toppo might challenge Goku after Uni 7 trounces Uni 9, and easily beat him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:52 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I have a feeling Toppo might challenge Goku after Uni 7 trounces Uni 9, and easily beat him.
Won't that be precious, Zeno's would allow either way..
If goku ia defeated easily I don't see how they can manage to power up more unless there is some training time
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 am

Octorockandroll wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
Well it is Dragonball, I think we're just used to dramatic escalation in the series meaning that the order in which the antagonists get to fight is from weakest to strongest.

Radditz, Nappa, Vegeta.

Guldo, Recoome, Jeice and Burter, Ginyu, Frieza.

The list goes on.
Eh, but Recoome went down first, but he, Burter, and Jeice are implied to be equals. Then there's the fact that Pure Boo isn't the strongest Boo, but was the final villain. I understand the logic, but it doesn't make sense to say he's the weakest when nothing indicates he is (at least at the moment).
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I have a feeling Toppo might challenge Goku after Uni 7 trounces Uni 9, and easily beat him.
That should happen even though Goku probably won't face him in the tournament as he is facing the other guy in from team Universe 11.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Lol so what? He disintegrated a Ki blast, big deal.

What I'm more interested in is this: Image

That cloak guy when he was first introduced looks nothing like Tappo. For one, Tappo is much taller, more wider, and has a moustache.

Perhaps it was a mistake.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:12 pm

I'm taking names and tabs down on every single one of you that downplayed Toppo, so when he actually shows you how powerful he is, you're going to cheerlead and jump on his wagon :D

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Booze Sama wrote:I'm taking names and tabs down on every single one of you that downplayed Toppo, so when he actually shows you how powerful he is, you're going to cheerlead and jump on his wagon :D
Nobody was really downplaying Toppo though. Just saying that what he did wasn't all that badass.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 pm

omaro34 wrote:Lol so what? He disintegrated a Ki blast, big deal.

What I'm more interested in is this: Image

That cloak guy when he was first introduced looks nothing like Tappo. For one, Tappo is much taller, more wider, and has a moustache.

Perhaps it was a mistake.
It'a almost as if they changed their minds. The guy in the OP vs Toppo.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Booze Sama wrote:I'm taking names and tabs down on every single one of you that downplayed Toppo, so when he actually shows you how powerful he is, you're going to cheerlead and jump on his wagon :D
Everyone knows he's going to be strong, nobody doubts that. We're just saying that what he did could have been done by anyone who was relatively stronger than Basil.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Everyone knows he's going to be strong, nobody doubts that. We're just saying that what he did could have been done by anyone who was relatively stronger than Basil.
I didn't say what he did was some otherwordly feat. I just said how badass he is. He's a character that had everyone wondering who he was for weeks and we finally get to see a glimpse. Almost foreshadowing to him being a main antagonist later. The scene was badass. No denying it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Booze Sama wrote: The scene was badass. No denying it.
No really, as said by others, he just blocked a ki blast in a generic fashion.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Show a vid of ANY other character throughout the franchise doing that casually excluding Beerus.

I'm seeing people saying how "oh it was only basil", this guy was scouted to become a god of destruction. Its a foreshadowing. Just make sure you dont cheerlead when he wrecks everyone.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Booze Sama wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Show a vid of ANY other character throughout the franchise doing that casually excluding Beerus.

I'm seeing people saying how "oh it was only basil", this guy was scouted to become a god of destruction. Its a foreshadowing. Just make sure you dont cheerlead when he wrecks everyone.
Vegetto Blue did that to Zamasu, a much more impressive opponent, with one hand, literally a few episodes ago.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Booze Sama wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

We're not talking about if the character themselves will be badass or about what we know outside of the scene, we're talking about the scene itself. The scene itself is a guy blocking an attack, which in itself isn't badass. If he did it in a unique manner or it was from a far more powerful opponent, it'd have some sort of cool factor to it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Null Post.....
Last edited by Booze Sama on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.