Latest news from the world of Dragon Ball

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Latest news from the world of Dragon Ball

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Today a friend of my (evil) son asked me what's Dragon Ball, looking at me staging a Beerus/Frieza scene with models (they talked about their tails. They agreed about having cute tails).

I felt a little embarassed. Not for the scene (those models are so costly that I have to sleep with, to perceive a good deal), but for something new to me.
Explaining Dragon Ball.

"It's a toon", I said.
"With fantasy monsters?"
"Well not.While once there was dinosaurs. Is a fighting show"
"Kung fu like?"
"Not entirely. They shoot beams and deliver kicks"

The lil boy looked at me, very confused. Fighting is not shooting...

Then I shortcutted with "and now there's SUPER, they fight Gods, ultimate powers, 10 fighters, punch, kick, wolf drugs, bla bla" and I've seen the kid light up of interest.
I babbled a list of names, random scenes ("Kaiohken with BlueGod against Hit the galaxy killer!!") and so on. Without continuum care.
My son laughed a lot. The friend asked to see comics.

So, in the world of Dragon Ball, everything's new, everything's the same.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Latest news from the world of Dragon Ball

Post by Totamo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:14 pm

i liked this story

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:38 am

I can picture how this must have felt :lol:

Shows we are past our age and it's time for new generation to be introduced to the world of Dragonball..
Scary and pleasant at the same time :D
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Nice cute story.
I did the same some time ago with my little cousing, we watched together a Goku ssgod vs Beerus fighting scene from BoG, and now he can't stop watching it. Even my little brother is starting to get interesting (and his hype for this franchise died long time ago).
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:05 pm

While this is a cute little story, it doesn't really have anything to do with Dragon Ball Super, and I'm not sure there's really a conversation to be had here. Perhaps a blog entry on a social media account would be a better place for this?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::