Toriyama's designs for Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Toriyama's designs for Super

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:20 pm

So, I want to make a collection of all the designs that Toriyama made for Super, but I can't find them all. Here is what I've found so far:
So, if anyone has more designs that are not here, or designs that I've already posted but in better quality, post them here.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Toriyama's designs for Super

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Didn't Toriyama design fused Zamasu ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 pm

I don't remember (and couldn't find the information) if these designs were made by Toriyama. I think they are. Maybe someone knows?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 pm

emi_b7 wrote:I don't remember (and couldn't find the information) if these designs were made by Toriyama. I think they are. Maybe someone knows?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I think the bottom is, but the top definitely isn't.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:57 pm

emi_b7 wrote:I don't remember (and couldn't find the information) if these designs were made by Toriyama. I think they are. Maybe someone knows?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Goku and Vegeta are designs by Yamamuro made for ep 69, but the second image is from Toriyama.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Toriyama's did the design for Super Saiyan Rose Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
As mentioned by emi_b7.
sintzu wrote:Didn't Toriyama design fused Zamasu ?
I'm not entirely sure if he did, but I did come across this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:Didn't Toriyama design fused Zamasu ?
I'm not entirely sure if he did, but I did come across this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's Yamamuro, but there is something that looks like a Toriyama design floating on a sheet out there.

I have a batch of designs coming in tomorrow, so if it's in there, I'll scan it and post it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 am

Anyone here got Toriyama's latest design for Goku and Vegeta?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:59 am

Very interesting thread. I wonder if there are Mai and Merged Zamasu Toriyama's designs somewhere.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken (& it doesn't favor Yamamuro to my eyes), this should be Future Mai's reference.
SansrivaaL wrote:Anyone here got Toriyama's latest design for Goku and Vegeta?
As far as I know, Toriyama's Goku & Vegeta designs aren't publicly updated from Resurrection F.