Android 17's Upcoming Appearance

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:30 pm

So I'm a huge 17 fan, and I just learned that he will coming back on episode 85. Thank god! I've been waiting for so long. I have a couple of questions. Do you think that 18 is the one who told Goku to look for him (since Goku will go and ask Dende for his location)? And I also don't understand why 18 doesn't know where he is. Anyway someone told me to lower my expectations about him because I'm way too hyped but what if 17 gets enough spotlight this arc as a reward to his fans for writing him off after Cell saga? I think he should've joined a long time ago. He was very unique and interesting and had huge potential just like Vegeta and Piccolo to become a fan favorite.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Android 17's Upcoming Appearance

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Firstly, highlighting random alphabets isn't a wise or flashy move..

Now, 18 must have proposed him to goku as he is coming back after the epi with Krillin and her..
17 is being heavily promoted, he is going to do something of importance and shouldn't get one shotted that is for sure..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Firstly, highlighting random alphabets isn't a wise or flashy move..
I believe one of the mods just corrected his sentences to be readable for users, but not sure...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Psykomatik wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Firstly, highlighting random alphabets isn't a wise or flashy move..
I believe one of the mods just corrected his sentences to be readable for users, but not sure...
If that's the case, then it's fine, no issues
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:10 pm

To be on topic, i'm just hoping we'll see his wife and his three kids. If we're seeing them, then my life is complete, and whatever happens in this arc, i would be granted.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Now, 18 must have proposed him to goku as he is coming back after the epi with Krillin and her..
17 is being heavily promoted, he is going to do something of importance and shouldn't get one shotted that is for sure..
Yes i noticed that too,he's been heavily promoted even in the poster they gave him a center place right next to Goku,someone told me it's just a bait to get people to watch so idk,I'm hoping for the best.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Psykomatik wrote:To be on topic, i'm just hoping we'll see his wife and his three kids. If we're seeing them, then my life is complete, and whatever happens in this arc, i would be granted.
Watch his wife turn out to be Launch. That'd be unexpected by a lot of people if it happened.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Psykomatik wrote:To be on topic, i'm just hoping we'll see his wife and his three kids. If we're seeing them, then my life is complete, and whatever happens in this arc, i would be granted.
Watch his wife turn out to be Launch. That'd be unexpected by a lot of people if it happened.
Dude, that'd be such an awesome move..
Seriously, knowing toriyama he might not even bother creating a new character for that role, bulma and Vegeta got together for a similar reasons..

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm so hyped... Waited since Cell saga for his return... My childhood favourite finally comes back!

PS
I deny the existence of GT and the Super 17 arc.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Kishido wrote: PS
G.. what?
When did that happen
All I remember is a 17 fighting great fight with piccolo and cell..

I might not like that guy but you gotta admit, his fight with piccolo was pretty cool

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
But his wife is already a confirmed zoologist,i don't remember Launch being a zoologiste i think she has a different job.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Lapislettuce wrote: But his wife is already a confirmed zoologist,i don't remember Launch being a zoologiste i think she has a different job.
Ay, you never know bro. She could've taken up being a zoologist. I could definitely see her fierce side being lion tamer. I ain't really that serious tho. I doubt it'd happen.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 pm

As being the one that probably must be "forced" to join (I don't see him doing stuff for free or goodness) he surely got some extra screen time.
What will happen in the tournament however... is totally unpredictable. I don't think he will last till the end, but not the first going down.
I dunno why, but I'm really about a Frost vs 17 duel. It could end to be great.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:37 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:As being the one that probably must be "forced" to join (I don't see him doing stuff for free or goodness)
None of them have a choice actually,17 has a family and i'm sure he wouldn't want his universe to ereased either.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:As being the one that probably must be "forced" to join (I don't see him doing stuff for free or goodness)
None of them have a choice actually,17 has a family and i'm sure he wouldn't want his universe to ereased either.
I want for him to say something like "I do it only 'cause I want for, not 'cause you asked..." after some praise XD.
After all, he's an anti-hero.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:13 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
I want for him to say something like "I do it only 'cause I want for, not 'cause you asked..." after some praise XD.
After all, he's an anti-hero.
He would say something like that actually lol but i also think he might be one of the last standing,i don't know if i'm reading too much into it but from the promo stuff and the poster he looks like he'll have a big impact as a reward for writing him off after cell saga with only 10 secs comeo in buu saga.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote: PS
G.. what?
When did that happen
All I remember is a 17 fighting great fight with piccolo and cell..

I might not like that guy but you gotta admit, his fight with piccolo was pretty cool
I don't remember 17 vs Cell being a great fight.

None of them have a choice actually,17 has a family and i'm sure he wouldn't want his universe to ereased either.[/quote]
After all, he's an anti-hero.[/quote]
Nothing actually confirms he's an antihero though.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:33 pm

I'm actually hoping 17 will become a regular In the series.

I can also see him being the one to really call out Goku for what he's done since he's not emotionally attached to him like everyone else.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Psykomatik wrote:
I'm ok with mod correcting things up but I don't think they should use this red bold color to highlight their changes. It's somewhat distracting.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ehh123

Post by ehh123 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Was there ever a time we saw Android 17 not being an evil brat? I'm just wondering what his personality is going to be like now that he is a good guy.