What happened to the Israel dub of Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

What happened to the Israel dub of Super?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Nobody discusses or even mentions it anymore. I heard Sailor Moon did well there with all 200 episodes dubbed. What happened?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: What happened to the Israel dub of Super?

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:25 pm

They went on break after Episode 26 aired. It is unknown when the Hebrew dub will resume.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Episodes 27-52 are currently airing on Nick. Ending 4 was dubbed and released recently https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qafT4hppGVU
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

Just watched the 51st episode. It was dubbed nicely, didn't had idea that they reached this far, they've moved the airing time from 16:30-16:55 to 14:30-14:55. Thought that the U6 Saga was yet to be aired TBH.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Black Goku's first appearance in hebrew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvmHfygLhQ

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:16 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Black Goku's first appearance in hebrew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvmHfygLhQ
I have to say this is probably Black's worst voice yet.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Black Goku's first appearance in hebrew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrvmHfygLhQ
Really? It gave me chills down my spine. The worst for me was Sean Schemmel in Xenoverse 2, but I do understand that won't be the voice he'll use in the show.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:55 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Really? It gave me chills down my spine. The worst for me was Sean Schemmel in Xenoverse 2, but I do understand that won't be the voice he'll use in the show.
Honestly it sounded really bad but in a way I can't describe it. Honestly my favourit dub Black voice is This one, at least for now this is my favourite dub voice for Black (not biased because it's my country's dub)
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Honestly it sounded really bad but in a way I can't describe it. Honestly my favourit dub Black voice is This one, at least for now this is my favourite dub voice for Black (not biased because it's my country's dub)

Well, till now hebrew Black is the closest to the japanese one, since Avi Meir(Hebrew VA) has a close voice to Nozawa. However, there are only two or three loops here to judge.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Well, till now hebrew Black is the closest to the japanese one, since Avi Meir(Hebrew VA) has a close voice to Nozawa. However, there are only two or three loops here to judge.
Really from the link you shared and by other videos I saw he sounds nothing like Nozawa to me and from another video I saw they kept the japanese screams so we can't judge his performance by the screams.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:

How many, and which Black voices are out at this point?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 pm

sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote: Really? It gave me chills down my spine. The worst for me was Sean Schemmel in Xenoverse 2, but I do understand that won't be the voice he'll use in the show.

Well, there's the original, the taiwanese version (which will probably never hear), there's the english version, there's the portuguese version and then there's the hebrew version,

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
It suffers a similar problem as Sean's Black 1.0 in XV2 I feel.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:44 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:

Well, there's the original, the taiwanese version (which will probably never hear), there's the english version, there's the portuguese version and then there's the hebrew version,
The Portuguese is interesting. I'm surprised the V.A pulls it off so well seeing the other roles he plays.