How should the Z Warriors prepare in the next 40 hours?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: How should the Z Warriors prepare in the next 40 hours?

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 pm

I would put Tenshinhan and A-17 training together while A-18 trains with Kuririn.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Oob should be like a toddler or something right. Basically, they should abduct him and then have Majin Boo absorb him. With the full power of (Good) Evil Boo on their side, victory will be assured and then they can erase everyone's memories afterward to reduce the trauma.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Kishido wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote:Are 18 and 18 still Android saga SSJ level? If so, how the hell do they avoid getting fodderised in the tournament?
I made a theory on how they become stronger... Look at the opening and the comment by Toriyama how 17 and 18 are able to become stronger

But even if they are Cell saga level... You call them fodder?

So what are Tien or Roshi... Krillin is not once said to be stronger as well. No matter if he became a power up.
That's part of the problem. They're all too weak to really be of any use. The power gaps are ridiculous. There has been zero evidence that any of them have gotten stronger. With that being said, 17 and 18 made VERY quick work of them in the android saga.

And because of this, they're going to have to nerf the other universes to find someone to match roshi, tien and krillin. Any power up they receive is instantly going to turn this arc into a joke. I don't want this to turn into Fairy Tale anymore.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 pm

bott52 wrote:If there was ever a time to spam the God ritual or God training, now would be the time to do it. Sadly, they aren't going to do it but it'd be nice to at least have them mention that or have Gohan do it because it makes no sense for them not to if its that easy honestly. Just imagine the power combination of Ultimate/Mystic Gohan + Super Saiyan God.
It's not that easy. The ritual physically drains the other participating Saiyans. The ritual isn't spammable. No point giving it to Gohan only for it to render Goku and Vegeta useless and no guarantee that Gohan can absorb it too. SSG should rightfully be off the table.

mawilex
Beyond Newbie

Post by mawilex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 pm

I think they should all go to the RoSaT at the same time and train there for as long as they can. Since this is a battle royal tournament, there is no better way to prepare for it than to train with your teammates.

Everyone will be a target to everyone, so each fighter needs to get used to fighting multiple people at the same time. Goku would benefit a lot from this since - as Whis said - he probably will be targeted by the other universes during the tournament.

It's a good way to come up with effective strategies and learn to work in sync with your teammates, too. Them living together for twelve months or so will make them a very tights-knit team.

They should also focus on improving their special moves as well as coming up with new techniques more than just getting stronger. We've seen multiple times in the series that even if you're weaker than your enemies, you can still do some decent damage or even defeat them if you use some effective attacks against them, like Kienzan, Makankosappo, Kikoho, Final Flash, etc.

They'll have to get used to fighting without flying as well. That won't be a problem for Roshi, though. x)

If some monkey says something like: "Nah. I want to train on my own, because pride", that would piss me off to no end. And if they go to the tournament without all of them having trained together beforehand, but despite that they are all synced with one another, and they come up with effective combinations and strategies on the spot, I'd call total BS on that.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:24 am

mawilex wrote:I think they should all go to the RoSaT at the same time and train there for as long as they can. Since this is a battle royal tournament, there is no better way to prepare for it than to train with your teammates.

Everyone will be a target to everyone, so each fighter needs to get used to fighting multiple people at the same time. Goku would benefit a lot from this since - as Whis said - he probably will be targeted by the other universes during the tournament.

It's a good way to come up with effective strategies and learn to work in sync with your teammates, too. Them living together for twelve months or so will make them a very tights-knit team.

They should also focus on improving their special moves as well as coming up with new techniques more than just getting stronger. We've seen multiple times in the series that even if you're weaker than your enemies, you can still do some decent damage or even defeat them if you use some effective attacks against them, like Kienzan, Makankosappo, Kikoho, Final Flash, etc.

They'll have to get used to fighting without flying as well. That won't be a problem for Roshi, though. x)

If some monkey says something like: "Nah. I want to train on my own, because pride", that would piss me off to no end. And if they go to the tournament without all of them having trained together beforehand, but despite that they are all synced with one another, and they come up with effective combinations and strategies on the spot, I'd call total BS on that.
Agree with all of this, sadly it seems that unlike the good old days where the characters would train and prep themselves for tournaments, are long gone for Toriyama, as it seems everyone is going into the tournament as is, which is bad since some of them haven't had a real fight in a long time.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:36 am

mawilex wrote:I think they should all go to the RoSaT at the same time and train there for as long as they can. Since this is a battle royal tournament, there is no better way to prepare for it than to train with your teammates.

This. :clap:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
bott52 wrote:If there was ever a time to spam the God ritual or God training, now would be the time to do it. Sadly, they aren't going to do it but it'd be nice to at least have them mention that or have Gohan do it because it makes no sense for them not to if its that easy honestly. Just imagine the power combination of Ultimate/Mystic Gohan + Super Saiyan God.
It's not that easy. The ritual physically drains the other participating Saiyans. The ritual isn't spammable. No point giving it to Gohan only for it to render Goku and Vegeta useless and no guarantee that Gohan can absorb it too. SSG should rightfully be off the table.
It's almost like they don't have like 5 different ways to regain their stamina.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 am

They shouldn't. They're all god tier. They'll be just fine. Master Roshi will kick everyone's ass! and become Goku's new rival. :')