How should the Z Warriors prepare in the next 40 hours?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: How should the Z Warriors prepare in the next 40 hours?

Post by Basako » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 am

I really think they all should go to train with Whis this little time they have. The Kaioshins should be there too, they can help, specially the elder.

The RoSaT would be a good option too. Continuing with the rule of having just two at the same time for long periods, it should be Piccolo and Gohan the ones to go in. For the old times.

I'm curious about one thing. Yamcha is out, but will they at least consider him as a candidate? He may say he is not ready, that he hasn't fought since the Cell Games, but at least some reference that he used to be a fighter.
Heno heno kappa!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:11 am

Honestly unless they can use the time chamber there is not much you can do. They have less then 2 days, thats not enough time for any meaningful training.

The time will be best spent practicing team work and attack strategies.....and even then they have not got a lot of time to practice. This is not going to be like their fight against Frieza and his forces, many of these fighters will be as strong or stronger then most of the U7 team members, scattering and working alone ins a sure fire way for more then half the team to get curb-stomped. The only thing in their favor is, while all the other universe will be after U7, there's a good chance most of the real tough guys will gravitate towards Goku and by extension Vegeta and Hit.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 am

They don't need to do anything. They will all get free power ups with zero effort. In 40 hours krillin is fighting someone at ssj2 level. How he's doing that is beyond me.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am

Goku's gonna discover some new form or something (see intro).
Vegeta should look at Bulla for 40 hours straight to create a strong emotional attachment so that he can get a huge rage boost by thinking about her possibly getting destroyed find a way to match the Kaioken (in the anime, that is).
Gohan is probably going to rediscover his potential unlock (see intro).
Piccolo should attempt to reach some semblance of god ki by using the traces he got from Kami. If not, he can spar with Gohan, which he probably will.
I don't know if 17 and 18 are even able to prepare. I guess they can meet up and "synchronise" for better teamwork or something.
Krillin should do image training, and also spar with the androids.
Tien is gonna do what he usually does, stopping waterfalls and things like that.
Buu won't prepare.
Roshi probably won't prepare much either, unless maybe Krillin helps him out a bit.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:24 am

Bring Whis to the RoSaT.
Use of Whis pocket dimension inside RoSat.

YEARS of training for free.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:32 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:Bring Whis to the RoSaT.
Use of Whis pocket dimension inside RoSat.

YEARS of training for free.
Lol exactly what I was going to say.

But really, everyone, including Beerus, Whis, Supreme Kai, Old Kai and maybe even King Kai, should go into the ROSAT. Damn the only two people at a time rule. If Gotenks and Buu were able to break out, they should have no trouble doing that again.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:18 pm

I wonder if the Kai's or Beerus/Whis will drop some badass Rosat they've been hiding, it really cant be an Earth special.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:Everyone below Buu(except Piccolo): RoSAT, Elder Kai Unlock Potential or their own training method, simply because I don't think they would be able to keep up with Whis' training, nor would he really allow them to.
Gohan : Elder Kai Unlock and (potentially)Whis' training with Goku and Vegeta, because I think that out of all the fighters, he would be more than capable to handle both, considering how outrageously strong he is, sans God Ki of course..
Goku & Vegeta: Whis' training or ROSAT, same as always, really hoping for a good showing from Vegeta!
Piccolo: Meditation and more Namekian fusion :lol:, nah but honestly I don't know what to do with him..something creative hopefully :D
The thing that Krillin is doing next week has to be becuase of Whis or it is just Whis and Beerus discussing strategy like they said they would.

They will probably power everyone up as they need to becuase of everyone is going to be strong.

I don't understand why you can think of anything for Piccolo when you mention them doing their own training. If Krillin is getting a power up then so is Piccolo.
Gohan would most likely go to Piccolo anyway.
ekrolo2 wrote:Time to abuse the SSGod ritual to amp Gohan up cause there's really, REALLY no excuse to refrain from doing it now.
It is time to make up nonsense power ups for all of them you mean.
Krillin getting a power up doesn't mean Piccolo is getting one. But I think Piccolo is getting stronger regardless.
julianix wrote:They don't need to do anything. They will all get free power ups with zero effort. In 40 hours krillin is fighting someone at ssj2 level. How he's doing that is beyond me.
Some big assumptions here.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Hakaishin Saitama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Saitama » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Kishido wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:
And what exactly will be the gain for the tournament?

Killing is forbidden at the tournament and all you have to do is to ring peoiple out... Imortal or not.

On topic

RoSaT
Elder Kai unlock potentialb
Whis training
They won't get wiped out if they lose, who cares about winning then :P
Cool living without universe
And it didn't exactly work out for Zamasu.
TheMathemagician wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:Everyone below Buu(except Piccolo): RoSAT, Elder Kai Unlock Potential or their own training method, simply because I don't think they would be able to keep up with Whis' training, nor would he really allow them to.
Gohan : Elder Kai Unlock and (potentially)Whis' training with Goku and Vegeta, because I think that out of all the fighters, he would be more than capable to handle both, considering how outrageously strong he is, sans God Ki of course..
Goku & Vegeta: Whis' training or ROSAT, same as always, really hoping for a good showing from Vegeta!
Piccolo: Meditation and more Namekian fusion :lol:, nah but honestly I don't know what to do with him..something creative hopefully :D
The thing that Krillin is doing next week has to be becuase of Whis or it is just Whis and Beerus discussing strategy like they said they would.

They will probably power everyone up as they need to becuase of everyone is going to be strong.

I don't understand why you can think of anything for Piccolo when you mention them doing their own training. If Krillin is getting a power up then so is Piccolo.
Gohan would most likely go to Piccolo anyway.
ekrolo2 wrote:Time to abuse the SSGod ritual to amp Gohan up cause there's really, REALLY no excuse to refrain from doing it now.
It is time to make up nonsense power ups for all of them you mean.
Krillin getting a power up doesn't mean Piccolo is getting one. But I think Piccolo is getting stronger regardless.
Are there any more Namekians to fuse with (of course!)? :lol:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:28 pm

The first ten hours will be spent gathering nine of the ten contestants

The remaining thirty hours will be trying to track down #17 in a phonebook.

Beerus and Whis will go eat for forty hours, and not train a single person.

I can already tell this part of the arc (getting the gang together) is going to be a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:41 pm

TheMathemagician wrote: Krillin getting a power up doesn't mean Piccolo is getting one. But I think Piccolo is getting stronger regardless.
I am just thinking that Toriyama would not give Krillin a major power up without Piccolo getting one as Piccolo has always been stronger than Krillin in the series.
Hakaishin Saitama wrote:
If needed one will appear from nowhere. I just want him to Whis to help him and the others.

There needs to be a Namkeian on Universe 6's team for Piccolo to fight.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:01 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: Krillin getting a power up doesn't mean Piccolo is getting one. But I think Piccolo is getting stronger regardless.
I am just thinking that Toriyama would not give Krillin a major power up without Piccolo getting one as Piccolo has always been stronger than Krillin in the series.
Hakaishin Saitama wrote:
If needed one will appear from nowhere. I just want him to Whis to help him and the others.

There needs to be a Namkeian on Universe 6's team for Piccolo to fight.
That's true, but I highly doubt if Kuririn got a power up and Piccolo didn't that it'd push Kuririn to any level close to Piccolo.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Well we have 40 hours which is practically two days to get ready for the tournament.
Most of the universes will try to take out u7 main player which is goku, doesn't help matter they saw goku kaioken which makes even more of a problem for the team since could analyze a strategy to take him out.
Now here this while true this tournament will be more than power as mentioned by gohan but half the cast need get much stronger than the are so guys like goku vegeta,gohan,piccolo, and buu wouldn't have to carry the team on there backs.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Godgoku95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 am

Krilln and 18 will need a babysitter for Marron to train

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 am

Godgoku95 wrote:Krilln and 18 will need a babysitter for Marron to train
They could leave her with 17's wife and kids.
Alruneia wrote: Vegeta should find a way to match the Kaioken (in the anime, that is).Gohan is probably going to rediscover his potential unlock (see intro).
I can think of a way. Answer might require a literal asspull though.
[spoiler]BLUE. OOZARU. :lol:[/spoiler]

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:15 am

Godgoku95 wrote:Krilln and 18 will need a babysitter for Marron to train

Well, he offered before during the BoG arc.

Chiaotzu also works since he's often seen playing with her.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 am

Asura wrote:The first ten hours will be spent gathering nine of the ten contestants

The remaining thirty hours will be trying to track down #17 in a phonebook.

Beerus and Whis will go eat for forty hours, and not train a single person.

I can already tell this part of the arc (getting the gang together) is going to be a disappointment. I hope I'm wrong.

I'd say they are doomed.
But they will still win this tournament because the ultimate power of the ass-pull !!!!.

And because of Goku of course. :lol:

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote: Sorry about that :lol:
But I really don't know since Piccolo usually does his own thing or he trains with Gohan, so this time I wanted to see something a little more creative..he's a genius so he really fits in with everything(RoSAT, Whis, Elder Kai or even individually). While it is likely Gohan will train with Piccolo, with the latter getting a crazy boost, I'd rather Gohan (after unlocking his Ultimate state again w/ Piccolo like in the intro or Elder Kai) go to Whis or train with Goku since they would probably get him far stronger than Piccolo in the short amount of time they have. But on the other hand, it'd be cool to see them sparring again and maybe at the Tournament, we see Gohan use some of the old techniques that Piccolo taught like the Masenko :) .
They should get Whis to repair the Hypobolic Time Chamber and then all 10 fighters, Whis and Beerus go in there to train and all fighters will all easily get power ups. This is a very easy way for Toriyama to not have power level issues and then we can have really close and tense fights in the actual tournament.
That really would be ideal. But unfortunately I think it makes too much sense for them to actually do it. These people seem to not really care about common sense too much.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 am

Ask kaioshins to create many sets of potara.

Just before the battle royal begins, TienxYamcha , #17x#18 , GotenxTrunks, ChiaotzuxKrillin, RoshixTsuresenin (he might be alive somewhere, and won't want to die), Goku,Gohan, Buu, Vegeta, Piccolo would probably go solo.

The time limit is 1 hour, that battle royal lasts only 48 minutes.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:06 am

1. goku teaches EVERYONE kaioken for 10 hours or so
2. Gohan is made into ssj red then elder kai unlocks his potential
3. Bulma improves 17 and 18
4. Dende allows more people to use the ROSAT for an unlimited time with whiz in their training them for the rest of the time.
5. They use the dragon to wish for everyone to have unlimited stamina