the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Well that's definite proof if I even saw it. If only we had this level of definitive proof to find Hillary's emails.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Asura wrote:Something that's so divisive and split on public opinion definitely isn't "the most phenomenal" anything.
It is, for some.
Asura wrote:I also don't really understand how ad populum is a logical fallacy,
It's pretty simple, really. Just because the majority says so doesn't make it so. I posted a Wikipedia link just like I could have posted any other site that explains the fallacy.
Asura wrote:But if I was to say to you "99% of people who have played the game "E.T." on Atari agree it is one of the worst games ever made". If only 1% of people enjoy it, and 99% dislike it, why would it be a logical fallacy to say "Ok, the VAST majority finds this game to be one of the worst games ever made, therefore although taste is subjective, the majority concurs it is a bad game."
That's not a fallacy. A fallacy would be saying that since the majority thinks so, it is so. Or using the majority to justify/back your opinion when it doesn't make it more or less valid.
Asura wrote:That's not to say that's what's happening in this situation, but it sort of falls along the same lines. If 50% of people dislike it and 50% of people like it, then it can not be considered to be "the worst thing ever" or "the most phenomenal thing ever". The fact that there is no majority in this situation is the proof you're looking for that the arc is not great (although individually to you and others it may be).
My argument is that it's not proof of anything other than the majority didn't think it was great/awful/whatever (and even that claim is up to debate considering the lack of evidence).