How come people are complaining about the upcoming character build up episodes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

How come people are complaining about the upcoming character build up episodes?

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:54 am

:shock: when like the number one complaint of the Champa arc besides it being the "Goku and Vegeta show" was there like zero build up episodes for the chracters?

I really don't know what people want in this fanbase want sometimes.

They ask for forgotten characters to come in the story and when did bring them back they complain about it?

They ask for humans to matter in the story again, then when they do they complain it?

They ask for side characters to matter and get a lot of focus and when they do, they call it filler and complain about it wtf?

Also this arc already has pretty good use of side characters. And these upcoming episodes will only raise it.

Edit: spelling fails lol.

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: How come people are complaining about the upcoming character build up episodes?

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:20 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote::shock: when like the number one complaint of the Champa arc besides it being the "Goku and Vegeta show" was there like zero build up episodes for the chracters?

I really don't know what people want in this fanbase want sometimes.

They ask for forgotten characters to come in the story and when did bring them back they complain about it?

They ask for humans to matter in the story again, then when they do they complain it?

They ask for side characters to matter and get a lot of focus and when they do, they call it filler and complain about it wtf?

Also this arc already has pretty good use of side characters. And these upcoming episodes will only raise it.

Edit: spelling fails lol.
Fans don't know what the fuck they want more news at 11. Jk
But yeah i don't get either its like a child finally get what he wants yet crys about it getting it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: How come people are complaining about the upcoming character build up episodes?

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:37 am

Probably just different people complaining about different things. The people who got what they wanted are satisfied, but others who didn't want those things are upset or frustrated. That's why it looks like no one's happy, because there's always complaints, they're just by different users than the previous ones.

It's a case of can't please everybody.

That's my theory, anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 am

Chuquita wrote:Probably just different people complaining about different things. The people who got what they wanted are satisfied, but others who didn't want those things are upset or frustrated. That's why it looks like no one's happy, because there's always complaints, they're just by different users than the previous ones.

It's a case of can't please everybody.

That's my theory, anyway.
This is most likely the case. Great post friend.

Because there is no way that the people wanted side characters to be important could be complaining about this.

They have been asking for something like this to happen in db for more than like a decade.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:36 pm

I've seen very few complaints aside from the perfectly valid complaint that they backtracked on Krillin's development.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 pm

The only complaints I've seen is about who they are picking.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 pm

No one is complaining tho, almost everyone is happy for the characters returning, but if you're pointing out on the current preview summary for Krillin's, then its because we just had an episode with Krillin claiming that he's back into doing martial arts again, then now this summary comes out and says Krillin's retired from martial arts, now people are in doubt if the fillers were canon in anime or not anymore, forums are supposed to have discussions like this, what I find weird is people backfiring at those people that are going for a discussion about the matter and kept on coming with "just wait for the episode" like no shiz sherlock ofc everything will be answered in the episode :lol: but there's nothing wrong with people discussing about it before the actual episode.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I've seen very little complaining aside from those that concern Goten and Trunks not being there. Which is fair.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm

While I'm definitely not complaining about the upcoming episodes, my frustration is that there seems to be very few episodes of them showing any improvements whatsoever in their strength. One thing I loved about dragon ball was that you always saw them preparing. Training and putting in work for potential upcoming challenges. Not all the time, but enough to believe a power up was possible and what not.

This for me is what separated Dragon ball from Fairy Tale.. But I'd assume it's complaints about unexpected power ups that come from nowhere. None of the episode titles seem to be about any form of improvement. Now the power scaling is just going to be ridiculous unless something drastic happens.

Before someone starts jumping on me saying "they only have 40 hours!", yeah that's true, but they've also made unbelievable improvements in 24 hours. I'm sure everyone could get x amount of time in ROST or something for some quick improvement. But I'm pretty sure everyone is going to head out there as is. Meaning the other universes will have to be nerfed to match everyone else on the Z team. Which is stupid.