The 28 planets debacle

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: The 28 planets debacle

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Dreamer wrote:So is it the quantity of life or is it power level, or is it still vague?
It seemed to refer to power level this episode, but everything has indicated the exact opposite in episodes prior. We'll have to wait and see, maybe it'll be explained down the line.
Retired.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Well how many other life forms have we found in our universe, that is to say advanced life or even early animel life. We make universe 7 and 9 look great by comparision.

I would also point out that its not just Buu, Freeza and Beers. While those three have likely caused a lot of harm maybe universe 7 has just been through a rough patch and due to a lot of bad, but unconected events a lot of high developed worlds are now gone. Frieza had 79 planets to his name befor he passed on, they cannot all have been lifeless and his soilders at least lived there. I wonder if it happened because of Frieza's death? Without him around to keep his men in line its likely a good chunk of his empire feel into chaos and unrelated warlords started crawling out of the wood work to. That kind of chaos and fighting would likely have taken a few worlds down with it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:38 pm

HOLD THE PHONE! I think I may have figured out what happened to cause this.

What happened in the very first arc of this series? SSG Goku and Beerus nearly destroying the freaking universe!!! Their punchs sent shockwaves all across the universe, causeing it to crumble and destroying planets. None of that damage was ever fixed either. The reason U7 is down to 28 is because Beerus and Goku destroyed the rest!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:HOLD THE PHONE! I think I may have figured out what happened to cause this.

What happened in the very first arc of this series? SSG Goku and Beerus nearly destroying the freaking universe!!! Their punchs sent shockwaves all across the universe, causeing it to crumble and destroying planets. None of that damage was ever fixed either. The reason U7 is down to 28 is because Beerus and Goku destroyed the rest!
That's nice headcanon and all, but we never actually saw their battle destroy planets with life. Until something is actually referenced, it's just unsubstantiable speculation.
Retired.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:HOLD THE PHONE! I think I may have figured out what happened to cause this.

That's nice headcanon and all, but we never actually saw their battle destroy planets with life. Until something is actually referenced, it's just unsubstantiable speculation.
Why is it head cannon when its a theory based on events within the show itslef?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:

Because there's no direct evidence that it actually happened. Anytime you insert something unsubstantiated into the universe, it's headcanon.
Retired.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: That's nice headcanon and all, but we never actually saw their battle destroy planets with life. Until something is actually referenced, it's just unsubstantiable speculation.
Because there's no direct evidence that it actually happened. Anything that you insert into the universe something unsubstantiated, it's headcanon.
I see but as i recall the pair wer one punch away from universal destruction, the shockwaves there were giveing off were causeing chaos across all of universe 7. You do not need to see the destruction of counless worlds to know thats whats occured.

Now yes we have not been told thats what has happened but if you want an "in-universe" event that has caused us to go from a universe seemingly teeming with life to just 28 planets, the near destruction of all creation is a very likely culprite.

But its a theory not fact but its not head cannon since it is based on existing events and evidnce within the show itself.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Yep, there are really are only four galaxies and Daizenshuu 7 seems to have unnecessarily made things confusing.
Pretty sure Herms said it's not just four galaxies but quadrants or something like that. Or something to do with the way it's translated potentially. I tweeted him so hopefully he'll say something on the matter.
I know the dub did 4 Quadrants but that's like blasphemy around here lol

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I feel as if Geeks is right that this 28 planet plants bullshit is to justify why only Team 7 only has Fighters who live on Earth
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:I feel as if Geeks is right that this 28 planet plants bullshit is to justify why only Team 7 only has Fighters who live on Earth
That's exactly what I think it is above all. A bad way to justify just sticking to earth fighters. That is basically what the whole entire point of that tidbit is. I bet it doesn't even come up again.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Hell, I wouldn't doubt that the 28 planets thing well probably be contradicted the very next time they need a bunch of planets to exist for whatever reason. Super just kind of does what it wants. It's kind of funny actually.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Multiple can mean 4. Besides not all of them can have life on them. Even if they do have life, not all planet have Sapient life. They could just have wild animals and that is it.
I do not take mortal life, as only sentient. Other life forms are also mortals. Not to mention why would a so called empty neutral space have more galaxies, than the universe themselves. Even all of what Boo and Freeza did is but a drop in the size of a universe. Hundreds of planets between them is nothing. There's over 100 billion countless planets in just 1 Galaxy....just 1.
I think mortals are beings that sentient since they can make chooses on their own. Otherwise it won't make sense for Zamasu to hate on mindless animals. The U10 Babarian are like Cavemen, so they are not like mindless animal.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I feel like a lot of people are ignoring that Supreme Kai said there are around 28 planets now after the loss of Sadala, Vegeta, Namek "and the like."

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Multiple can mean 4. Besides not all of them can have life on them. Even if they do have life, not all planet have Sapient life. They could just have wild animals and that is it.
I do not take mortal life, as only sentient. Other life forms are also mortals. Not to mention why would a so called empty neutral space have more galaxies, than the universe themselves. Even all of what Boo and Freeza did is but a drop in the size of a universe. Hundreds of planets between them is nothing. There's over 100 billion countless planets in just 1 Galaxy....just 1.
I think mortals are beings that sentient since they can make chooses on their own. Otherwise it won't make sense for Zamasu to hate on mindless animals. The U10 Babarian are like Cavemen, so they are not like mindless animal.
Unlikely as mortals are living beings. To not consider an animal a mortal is silly, especially since Zamasu had no problem wiping those out too upon his whole universe fuckery. He probably thinks nothing different of humans, barbarians, or animals. To him they are all animals.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Kaioshin could also be a idiot since he is unaware how powerful Goku and the others where. Not to mention that he had no idea about the Potara fusion and Beerus.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I feel like a lot of people are ignoring that Supreme Kai said there are around 28 planets now after the loss of Sadala, Vegeta, Namek "and the like."
No one mentions it because it's irrelevant. Let's say there are 50 planets total, literally all of the same problems everyone has remain intact. I've seen several people bring it up at this point, and it seems like blatant deflection.
Retired.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Kaioshin could also be a idiot since he is unaware how powerful Goku and the others where. Not to mention that he had no idea about the Potara fusion and Beerus.
Above all else the lore implications about this, is not even the taking point I feel they are even trying to make. I feel the whole point of this, is a half hearted excuse for why we stick to fighters from earth only.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:No one mentions it because it's irrelevant. Let's say there are 50 planets total, literally all of the same problems everyone has remain intact. I've seen several people bring it up at this point, and it seems like blatant deflection.
People were going to have problems no matter what. If there were a billion inhabited planets and Supreme Kai didn't find anyone worth bringing, people would complain. If he brought some tough alien that he found out there, people would complain about a literal who being comparable to the Saiyans and taking screentime from established characters. As a matter of fact I've seen a lot of people shitting on Toppo just because he's a new character who's comparable to Goku, and I saw the same with Hit back when he debuted.

We've been told before this episode that Universe 7 is a shitty, empty place. Now we see just how shitty and empty it really is thanks to the eons of bad management.

RalfHookman

Post by RalfHookman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Oh man. I am always the last to complain about something and I prefer to find positive sides about everything, but this "28 planets with civilizations" is the most retarded idea, probably more ridiculous than "Goku not kissing Chi-Chi".

Cosmological aspect of Dragon Ball was my favorite part of the series, alongside gods' hierarchy. But now, they destroy this only to justify why all 10 warriors will be gathered from Earth. THIS IS THE MOST UNCREATIVE WAY!!! It's worse than those shitty presentations in Power Point.

Let me just list inconsistencies it caused:

* No reason for having 5 Kaioshins, 5 Kaios and even Kami for Earth - Kami seems obsolete, unnecessary.
* Aliens visiting Earth for the first time and being surprised - Hey, if they are advanced enough to travel long distances in space they should know one of 28 inhabited planets. EVERYONE CAN REMEMBER NAMES AND LOCATIONS OF 28 CITIES IN REAL WORLD! It is not different in the universal scale. Especially someone like Freeza and King Cold.
* North Kaio having problem with locating planet Namek - Jesus! How hard is to remember 28 planets!?
* Goku having problems with locating Namekians' KI, same goes for Kaioshin - For years I thought it was hard not only for distances, but because there was so many alien KIs around the universe.
* Vegeta searching for Goku before Freeza's visit to Earth - Seriously, was it really so hard to try visit one of 28 inhabited planets in the first place?
* Freeza's soldiers' multiple sentient species - They had to come from somewhere.
* Freeza's empire being not so impressive - Tell me, to whom he sold these planets and even why? WHAT HE NEEDED THE MONEY FOR!? For buying his wine he was seen drinking multiple times? Like, couldn't he take it by force?
* King Cold's place in the universe - What was his point besides being a tool to show Trunks' awesomeness?
* The sense of having planetary empire - Isn't it more reasonable to hold oppression on planets with civilizations rather on empty ones?
* Searching for Babidi - It makes it less impressive that Babidi ended on Earth. Besides, wouldn't it also justify why 10 warriors are chosen from Earth? IIRC, Babidi stated that this planet {Earth} has a lot of impressive powerful warriors. Meaning why he stayed on Earth with the Buu Egg - to collect the energy that he couldn't find nowhere else.
* Universe 6 and 7 being twins - Really? How can we name them twins if probably they are nothing alike now, when like more than 50% of planets are lost?

Yes, I've been triggered. I'm sorry for "screaming" with capitals.
Keep in mind that I KNOW that there are also barren planets like Mars. Heck, Bulma visited Jupiter with Mr. Popo.

What irks me the most is that they expanded DB universe with 12 universes, only to shrink ours to 28 planets with thinking people. If mortal levels mean the number of planets with people then:
Mortal level: 3,18
Planet count: 28

By the proportions:
Mortal level: 7
Planet count: 61~62

WOW, IMPRESSIVE :thumbdown:

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:31 am

Why are we acting like Life sustaining planets is some kind of everyday thing. It's pretty rare in the real world too.
:clap: