The 28 planets debacle

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: The 28 planets debacle

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I guess the simplest assumption is that Freeza, Boo, and Beerus destroyed a good majority of the planets with life in U7. It still seems pretty ridiculous that Freeza was able to run an actual empire with so few planets in the universe, but that's Dragon Ball for you.

It does make one wonder though, perhaps this arc will potentially end with the beings from the other universes inhabiting the planets with no life in U7, so that they won't be killed by the destruction of their universes?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Can we just agree that someone has majorly fucked up and call it a day? My head is starting to hurt. :crazy:
Sure, just trying to say the scale of a universe is ridiculously large with countless stars and planets. Only Zeno has come close to a huge number since he destroyed universes. Maybe if Beerus went galaxy destroying a whole bunch...maybe then it would make more sense....
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Lupin879 wrote: The socalled northen galaxy is not a galaxy but a much bigger quadrant. Also Jaco said in anime and manga there is an infinite number of galaxies. po
I'm just putting the number of planets into perspective. Boo is labelled at destroying hundreds of planets. Freeza not as big probably didn't do near as much, but at least did over a hundred. Both are hundreds of millions of times less than how many planets there are in just 1 galaxy...combined.
But according to Resurrection F, Freeza had at the very least 448 planets under his control. The true figure for how many planets Freeza's army conquered and wiped out of all life is really unknown.

I'm just gonna handwave this shit as Majin Boo, Freeza and Beerus being everywhere and Kaioshin not doing his job properly; which ironically really fits into perspective with how uneducated he acted in the manga.
You are assuming that any of those planets are full of life and Freeza brought all of his men with him that were left in rof and they all died.

Buu is stated to RAMPAGE ACROSS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Freeza is stated as to KILL ANY PLANET OR RACE THAT DEIFIED HIM ACROSS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE for more than a couple of decades. Also the saiyans did all of the above to and there were millions of them and they all died when Freeza killed them all.

And Beerus just detroyes planets based on food LMAO.

I think people are hurt that there headcanon about U7 was completely destroyed lol

And the thing is this makes perfect sense with the jaco manga and the original manga.

why are guys even bring up Chozenshu for?

And the four galaxies was the already taken care of long why the hell are you guys bringing it for?

this only place i have seen to bring that up again.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:34 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Can we just agree that someone has majorly fucked up and call it a day? My head is starting to hurt. :crazy:
Sure, just trying to say the scale of a universe is ridiculously large with countless stars and planets. Only Zeno has come close to a huge number since he destroyed universes. Maybe if Beerus went galaxy destroying a whole bunch...maybe then it would make more sense....
I guess that means that Beerus has no one to blame but himself for U7 having the second lowest ranking in the multiverse. :D

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:35 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I guess the simplest assumption is that Freeza, Boo, and Beerus destroyed a good majority of the planets with life in U7. It still seems pretty ridiculous that Freeza was able to run an actual empire with so few planets in the universe, but that's Dragon Ball for you.

It does make one wonder though, perhaps this arc will potentially end with the beings from the other universes inhabiting the planets with no life in U7, so that they won't be killed by the destruction of their universes?
No lol what? what about all of there friends across there universe?

what about there homes?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I guess that means that Beerus has no one to blame but himself for U7 having the second lowest ranking in the multiverse. :D
I don't think the scale of the universe is even being grasped by a lot of people.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... nseOfScale

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:37 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
I'm just putting the number of planets into perspective. Boo is labelled at destroying hundreds of planets. Freeza not as big probably didn't do near as much, but at least did over a hundred. Both are hundreds of millions of times less than how many planets there are in just 1 galaxy...combined.
But according to Resurrection F, Freeza had at the very least 448 planets under his control. The true figure for how many planets Freeza's army conquered and wiped out of all life is really unknown.

I'm just gonna handwave this shit as Majin Boo, Freeza and Beerus being everywhere and Kaioshin not doing his job properly; which ironically really fits into perspective with how uneducated he acted in the manga.
You are assuming that any of those planets are full of life and Freeza brought all of his men with him that were left in rof and they all died.

Buu is stated to RAMPAGE ACROSS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Freeza is stated as to KILL ANY PLANET OR RACE THAT DEIFIED HIM ACROSS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE for more than a couple of decades. Also the saiyans did all of the above to and there were millions of them and they all died when Freeza killed them all.

I think people are hurt that there headcanon about U7 was completely destroyed lol

And the thing is this makes perfect sense with the jaco manga and the original manga.

And the four galaxies was the already taken care of long why the hell are you guys bringing it for?

Trust me. I've already come to the conclusion that Majin Boo, Freeza and Beerus wrecked a lot shit over many millions of years and Kaioshin didn't do his job properly because he focused on keeping tabs with Babidi, as the sole creator of life left in his universe.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I guess the simplest assumption is that Freeza, Boo, and Beerus destroyed a good majority of the planets with life in U7. It still seems pretty ridiculous that Freeza was able to run an actual empire with so few planets in the universe, but that's Dragon Ball for you.

No lol what? what about all of there friends across there universe?

what about there homes?

I'm talking about the uninhabited planets of U7. Perhaps the beings from the other 7 universes could move over to those planets to avoid being killed? I'm not even saying it'll happen, or that I'd want it to happen. It's just speculation.I'm bringing it up because it does seem like it could potentially be an easy way of not having the beings from the other universes all dying.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: What are you talking about?
So I do not know how to explain this. In Japanese anime and manga there is no the term galaxy to the north, south, east and west. Ik-term galaxy is a translation error.
In Japanese Galaxy 銀河
instead

北 northエ リ ア area
Hmm. That's interesting. But why in God's name did Chōzenshū 1 have this tidbit:
A note below that shows the layout of the cosmos and the universe. The Kaiōshin oversee both the upper half, or the heavenly realm, and the bottom half, the world of the living. The diagram of the universe shows how it is divided into four quadrants called “galaxies” and how Earth is in the north one.
It just throws everything out of wack. Are there really four galaxies or not? According to the guidebooks there are four galaxies. But according the anime, manga, Jaco and Super, that's not the case.

So who fucked up?
dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: But according to Resurrection F, Freeza had at the very least 448 planets under his control. The true figure for how many planets Freeza's army conquered and wiped out of all life is really unknown.

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be over 100 in a guide somewhere in one of the daizenshuu's. But even if you want throw in 448.....compare that to over 100 billion (extreme low ball) of just one galaxy. Chozenshu said Boo only destroyed several hundred. Even combined Freeza and Boo do not even scratch 100 billion, and that's not counting all the other galaxies in mind.
Can we just agree that someone has majorly fucked up and call it a day? My head is starting to hurt. :crazy:
A note below that shows the layout of the cosmos and the universe. The Kaiōshin oversee both the upper half, or the heavenly realm, and the bottom half, the world of the living. The diagram of the universe shows how it is divided into four quadrants called “galaxies” and how Earth is in the north one.

That phrase is not there, it is only a summary that does not respect the Japanese terms

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: But according to Resurrection F, Freeza had at the very least 448 planets under his control. The true figure for how many planets Freeza's army conquered and wiped out of all life is really unknown.

Trust me. I've already come to the conclusion that Majin Boo, Freeza and Beerus wrecked a lot shit over many millions of years and Kaioshin didn't do his job properly because he focused on keeping tabs with Babidi, as the sole creator of life left in his universe.
Funny thing about this topic(28 planets thing.) is that is actually does makes perfect sense tho.

Friends and fellow db here which why I keeping puting lol in my comments is that actually does makes sense we with all we know about U7.

This line up perfectly with every thing Jaco said in his own manga and the original one.

There are other small numbers topic like this to.

Did you know that the galactic war that took place between the Republic and CIS in star wars that were was like like 5 million clones for the entire galaxy wide war?

Don't even get me started on Warhammer 40,000 and numbers.
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:50 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Can we just agree that someone has majorly fucked up and call it a day? My head is starting to hurt. :crazy:
Count me in, this is not such a big deal to create this level of controversy, i mean, it's not like #67 and #66
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:52 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I'm talking about the uninhabited planets of U7. Perhaps the beings from the other 7 universes could move over to those planets to avoid being killed? I'm not even saying it'll happen, or that I'd want it to happen. It's just speculation.I'm bringing it up because it does seem like it could potentially be an easy way of not having the beings from the other universes all dying.
I'm predicting that some of the losing universes will be merged together. For example, take those 28 planets, the Kai Planet and the Otherworld, merge them into Universe 6 and destroy the rest. Solves two problems at once by reducing the number of Universes while raising the level of the remaining ones by bringing the quality mortals together.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Can we just agree that someone has majorly fucked up and call it a day? My head is starting to hurt. :crazy:
Count me in, this is not such a big deal to create this level of controversy, i mean, it's not like #67 and #66
Yeah it ain't 66 awful. That's real hard to top. But it's not like it's ruining my experience. I find it dumb and stupid, but it's like it's a problem to find something dumb and stupid. It doesn't mean the whole series is ruined for me.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:00 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
Yeah it ain't 66 awful. That's real hard to top. But it's not like it's ruining my experience. I find it dumb and stupid, but it's like it's a problem to find something dumb and stupid. It doesn't mean the whole series is ruined for me.
It's just that i've seen some people taking it to that level and i was like "After worse experiencing worse stuff, this is what is breaking you?" But well i'm not in your mind so while i don't know how exactly are you feeling about it, only the most superficial stuff.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
It's just that i've seen some people taking it to that level and i was like "After worse experiencing worse stuff, this is what is breaking you?" But well i'm not in your mind so while i don't know how exactly are you feeling about it, only the most superficial stuff.
People seem to treat it like because people don't like the idea, it's suddenly the end of the world. Super's done worse shit than this, so this ain't that surprising. It'll do more stupid shit because Super does stupid shit usually once every couple weeks at the very least.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
:D Yeah guys its no where near that bad :lol:

I thought we were about to get in another episode 66/67 level of discussion.

Look at some of the numbers for things in Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 which are series that actually are so suppsoed to be all about this and it will make you go:

:crazy: at how small the numbers are.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:05 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
People seem to treat it like because people don't like the idea, it's suddenly the end of the world. Super's done worse shit than this, so this ain't that surprising. It'll do more stupid shit because Super does stupid shit usually once every couple weeks at the very least.
TBH thats most shounen in general.

Shit thats db in a nut shell actually :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:12 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:
TBH thats most shounen in general.

Shit thats db in a nut shell actually :lol:
I think it's very easy to make a lot of sense out of choices, but really it doesn't mean I hate the show now. I just am baffled by some choices. Eh 28 whatever. Don't like it, but it's more or less out of universe supposed to be an excuse to stick to earth....though checking out 28 planets won't take long at all for Kaioshin after he went off.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Alright, I've cooled off about the whole thing now. I still don't like it, I still stand by my objections, and I still plan on taking Super on an arc at a time from now on, but I can live with this.
Retired.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 pm

So is it the quantity of life or is it power level, or is it still vague?