Saving the best for last.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Saving the best for last.

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:05 am

We know the picking of the fighters for U7 isn't based on order of power. As Krillin was mentioned before 17 and 18. Roshi was chosen without a second thought. Have to feel bad for Yamcha As he's expecting and invite. Rightfully should. Would be nice to see his wolf fang fish against U9. Looking forward to see how Tenshinhan will come into the picture.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Saving the best for last.

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:40 pm

I still don't really understand how #17 was thought of before Tenshinhan, and by Gohan of all people. I just think it's bad writing, although others disagree.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Asura wrote:I still don't really understand how #17 was thought of before Tenshinhan, and by Gohan of all people. I just think it's bad writing, although others disagree.
I can understand the confusion but there sure would be an explanation especially that Gohan said "17 san" san means "Mr" which kind form of respect so maybe he met him before ? also it's no secret that 18 has a twin brother so when she's mentioned of course Gohan thought of 17,i think Tien is going to be last minute thing where they have no one else to think about.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Asura wrote:I still don't really understand how #17 was thought of before Tenshinhan, and by Gohan of all people. I just think it's bad writing, although others disagree.
I can understand the confusion but there sure would be an explanation especially that Gohan said "17 san" san means "Mr" which kind form of respect so maybe he met him before ? also it's no secret that 18 has a twin brother so when she's mentioned of course Gohan thought of 17,i think Tien is going to be last minute thing where they have no one else to think about.
Gohan treats almost everyone with respect. That is really not a distiction.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:57 pm

incarnati0n wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
My point is that he doesn't see him as the enemy anymore and he knows he's 18's twin so of course he's going to think about him.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:05 pm

I thought when #18 was mentioned, it was just natural to think about #17. He is somewhere after all :)

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: I can understand the confusion but there sure would be an explanation especially that Gohan said "17 san" san means "Mr" which kind form of respect so maybe he met him before ? also it's no secret that 18 has a twin brother so when she's mentioned of course Gohan thought of 17,i think Tien is going to be last minute thing where they have no one else to think about.
My point is that he doesn't see him as the enemy anymore and he knows he's 18's twin so of course he's going to think about him.
Plus, for such tournament, you better take as strong fighters as possible, and, with al. respect to Tenshinhan, 17 would wipe the floor with him.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Coming from Gohan it isn't, he's smart if anyone was gonna mention 17 after 18 was named it would be him.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Coming from Gohan it isn't, he's smart if anyone was gonna mention 17 after 18 was named it would be him.
Right, if anyone was going to mention 17, it would be the guy who had never met 17 before and had zero affiliation with him. Just like if you were to think of the strongest people on Earth, Roshi would totally be like the second or third guy you think of, right?

I still don't understand the "Well if you think of 18, you have to think of 17, duh!" excuse. Why the hell did that excuse never pop up during the Buu saga? Why hasn't anyone, including the writers, thought about 17 in over 10 years, yet randomly and casually bringing him up now is no big deal?

I don't really get the Super fandom sometimes. I mean, a strong character who hasn't been brought up in over 10 years, that was a villain last we saw him, and someone that the entire franchise forgot about, is coming back to fight on the same side he once fought against, and you guys are totally fine with "Oh yeah we can also recruit 17" "Ok". Like, c'mon lol. I don't understand why people are totally fine with such lazy writing. Like yeah it works, but it's just lazy to imply all these characters know each other and are perfectly cool with each other and have seen each other, but all of that happened off-screen. That wouldn't fly in any other franchise, so I dunno why it's suddenly okay here. The only characters that I think it'd fit for them to meet 17 off-screen are 18 and Krillin.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:55 pm

coola wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:
Plus, for such tournament, you better take as strong fighters as possible, and, with al. respect to Tenshinhan, 17 would wipe the floor with him.
I don't know man... Super seems to be doing its own thing with power scaling. So for all we know they might make Krillin Perfect Cell tier.. :thumbdown:

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:36 am

dragonballgeek wrote:
coola wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: My point is that he doesn't see him as the enemy anymore and he knows he's 18's twin so of course he's going to think about him.
I don't know man... Super seems to be doing its own thing with power scaling. So for all we know they might make Krillin Perfect Cell tier.. :thumbdown:
Exactly also we haven't had a good gauge to Tenshinhans power. It's been 11 years since the Android saga. He deflected Buutanks blast how strong does one need to do that? 17 level? Hell in the Android saga his Kikoho could have killed the Androids.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:24 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
coola wrote: Plus, for such tournament, you better take as strong fighters as possible, and, with al. respect to Tenshinhan, 17 would wipe the floor with him.
Exactly also we haven't had a good gauge to Tenshinhans power. It's been 11 years since the Android saga. He deflected Buutanks blast how strong does one need to do that? 17 level? Hell in the Android saga his Kikoho could have killed the Androids.
I doubt Tien is at any super saiyan level that Kikoho was able to hold Cell for a couple of minutes but it didn't cause any damage stop overhyping it.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
coola wrote: Plus, for such tournament, you better take as strong fighters as possible, and, with al. respect to Tenshinhan, 17 would wipe the floor with him.
And 17 is the one we haven't seen in awhile we've seen Tien fight in ROF and their was nothing new about him,17 on the other hand could have been training and will surprise a lot of people.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Asura wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Right, if anyone was going to mention 17, it would be the guy who had never met 17 before and had zero affiliation with him. Just like if you were to think of the strongest people on Earth, Roshi would totally be like the second or third guy you think of, right?

I still don't understand the "Well if you think of 18, you have to think of 17, duh!" excuse. Why the hell did that excuse never pop up during the Buu saga? Why hasn't anyone, including the writers, thought about 17 in over 10 years, yet randomly and casually bringing him up now is no big deal?

I don't really get the Super fandom sometimes. I mean, a strong character who hasn't been brought up in over 10 years, that was a villain last we saw him, and someone that the entire franchise forgot about, is coming back to fight on the same side he once fought against, and you guys are totally fine with "Oh yeah we can also recruit 17" "Ok". Like, c'mon lol. I don't understand why people are totally fine with such lazy writing. Like yeah it works, but it's just lazy to imply all these characters know each other and are perfectly cool with each other and have seen each other, but all of that happened off-screen. That wouldn't fly in any other franchise, so I dunno why it's suddenly okay here. The only characters that I think it'd fit for them to meet 17 off-screen are 18 and Krillin.
I really don't see what the problem is. Gohan knows that Android 18 has a brother. And he knows the circumstances of how badly 17 and 18 beat down SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Future Trunks, Tien and Piccolo. Why wouldn't he think of him?

And I really think you're making a mountain of a molehill with 17 being brought back into the fray. I mean, he was never really even a villain to begin with and didn't take his mission of killing Goku all the seriously. And after he was brought back to life, he just went his separate ways and started a new life for himself in solidarity. I don't why the Z-Fighters should be concerning themselves with what he's doing. I mean, it's not like he's starting up trouble or creating a ruckus again. None of the main cast were never friend with Android 17 to begin with to even care what he was doing. And if he is running a amok, Goku and Vegeta could easily take care of him. And now the story has reached to the point where the main need to find the strongest fighters they know with very limited time and Gohan logically brought up 17, because, well, he's very strong. At least to his own knowledge given his affiliation with Android 18 and what Gohan knows about her. There's really no problem with this.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 pm

This appears to be a re-tread of an existing thread you already created.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::