How do we separate legit criticism form messing with headcanon

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How do we separate legit criticism form messing with headcanon

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Now don't get me wrong, this show has problems but I have noticed that some people have problem with things that messed with things they thought were true but turned out false.

How do I find the legit criticism and the nonsense headcanon.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How do we separate legit criticism form messing with headcanon

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:16 pm

I think we need to start accepting the fact that Dragon Ball makes no sense. Goku was supposed to have hit his limit many times.

If we come into it with that assumption, it won't become a huge issue if things contradict each other. Also, that's another thing -- the guidebooks are there to be guides, but not bibles.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I think we need to start accepting the fact that Dragon Ball makes no sense. Goku was supposed to have hit his limit many times.

If we come into it with that assumption, it won't become a huge issue if things contradict each other. Also, that's another thing -- the guidebooks are there to be guides, but not bibles.
Its just mindless entertainment. When you just watch it to have a funtime, its a lot of fun.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Totamo wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:I think we need to start accepting the fact that Dragon Ball makes no sense. Goku was supposed to have hit his limit many times.

Its just mindless entertainment. When you just watch it to have a funtime, its a lot of fun.
Toei and Toriyama are not creating something to be analyzed as much as we are doing now. It is because we have gotten older and been able to think critically about Dragon Ball that headcanons are formed.

The 28 planets with sentient beings debate is not as big a deal. It gave an answer as to why the ten fighters were from earth.

I also think the whole four galaxies thing isn't a needed debate.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Totamo wrote:

Lol if db was this paragon of consistency:

then the red ribbion arc wouldn't have ever happened, people take this kids showw way to seriously. and go crazy when things mess up there head canon about it.

Goku was supposed to hit his limit long before the king piccolo arc even happened in and more.

I actually find it quite funny that people on youtube and other sites way more calm and kind about this 28 planet thing than here.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Totamo wrote:

Toei and Toriyama are not creating something to be analyzed as much as we are doing now. It is because we have gotten older and been able to think critically about Dragon Ball that headcanons are formed.

The 28 planets with sentient beings debate is not as big a deal. It gave an answer as to why the ten fighters were from earth.

Agreed, friend.

how is it okay for there to be as people strong enough to be powerful to blow galaxies and for a dude named Goku to surpass the emperor of the universe by turning his hair golden, but barely any life in the universe is a problem.
Last edited by ChaosLordBrandon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Totamo wrote: Its just mindless entertainment. When you just watch it to have a funtime, its a lot of fun.

Agreed, friend.

how is it okay for there to be as people strong enough to be powerful to blow galaxies and for a dude named Goku to surpass the emperor of the universe by turing his hair golden, but barely any life in the universe is a problem.

It's honestly so stupid sometimes. I was smiling the whole episode last night. I loved how involved the cast was, even if it was just about Bra.

People complain that SSRage was an asspull ... ummmmmm, Super Saiyan 3 was an asspull! Anything above Super Saiyan 1 is an asspull! How is it realistic that only Saiyans have this many crazy transformations?! We have literally seen numerous different species in Dragon Ball and only Zarbon's species, Frieza's species, and a few others have transformations. Having a few forms is one thing, but the Saiyan race has close to ten different transformations? What?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:04 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Totamo wrote: Its just mindless entertainment. When you just watch it to have a funtime, its a lot of fun.

Agreed, friend.

how is it okay for there to be as people strong enough to be powerful to blow galaxies and for a dude named Goku to surpass the emperor of the universe by turing his hair golden, but barely any life in the universe is a problem.
Not even that we have never seen that much life out there in the series, and even on OG Namek there wasn't much of them anyway. The revelation doesn't change anything at all.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:02 am

I think headcanons mostly come from issues in the BoG and RoF sagas.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:03 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Agreed, friend.

Not even that we have never seen that much life out there in the series, and even on OG Namek there wasn't much of them anyway. The revelation doesn't change anything at all.
Old namek was the only planet besides earth that was expolored in u7 so I don't even know why people are saying this makes u7 feel small.