Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Post by precita » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:57 pm

So as we know, Android 17 and 18 are only more powerful than a standard Super Saiyan 1. Piccolo is somewhere above that but below Super Saiyan 2 or Perfect Cell. Krillin, Tenshihan cannot possibly be near Freeza 100% on Namek, and Roshi is weaker than King Piccolo in Dragonball.

If you see these characters somehow withstanding and hurting characters on the level of Super Saiyan Blue or the other Gods, will people officially give up? At that point literally all form of logic or progression of power levels will be completely thrown out the window, and there will be no justification of how they can do something like that.

If anything like this happened back in DBZ, the characters would be vaporized or knocked out in one blast or attack. Will the crap really hit the fan and put a damper on this tournament if this happens?

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Post by Beek King » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm

I fear this may happen to some degree considering they thought Muten Roshi is useful for this tournament. Don't get me wrong it's fun to see him in action but in-universe his utilization makes little sense. I could buy him beating the weakest Freeza army grunts but this will feel like a stretch.
Nothing surprises me as of late with things like the recent 28 mortal planets revelation.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Re: Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Post by Arg » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Why not, we never saw the depth of their barriers after Piccolo's hellzone grenade. If the writers want, they could well upgrade the durability of their barriers; it should still count as an ability.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

How will we know if their SSB level unless their fighting Goku/Vegeta?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Of course not. If there's an interesting massive fight going on with interesting techniques -- all of which they're explicitly stating in dialog will be the case -- I'm all aboard.

And even if that's not the case? No skin off my back. Will still be more interesting than the Resurrection 'F' re-telling arc...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

This is the most unlikely thing to happen, I mean, power levels have problems, but never reached that level.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm

actually Piccolo and the androids are weaker than the base saiyans, except for the kids. I'm at a point where I don't care. If they want to ramp Krillin up several tiers, go right ahead! It'd be nice if they explain it, but if they don't. idc as long as it leads to cool shit.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:16 pm

It depends of the case. It is another situation like SSIkari, yeah, probably. That being said, unlike last arc, I'm now ready for this type of situation, specially if its 17.
Alee9977 wrote:This is the most unlikely thing to happen, I mean, power levels have problems, but never reached that level.
SS2 Trunks hurting Goku Black Rosé and surviving a Black Kame Hame Ha says hello. He also fought Future Zamas, who was able to damage the SSBs.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:19 pm

MisteryOne wrote:SS2 Trunks hurting Goku Black Rosé and surviving a Black Kame Hame Ha says hello. He also fought Future Zamas, who was able to damage the SSBs.
All of which was incredibly well-executed on a technical/production level, fun to watch, and emotionally satisfying. Bring on more of this in the battle royale!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I don't think anyone will be too upset if they do withstand any large attacks. It's better than them going down in one shot. If that happened then what would be the point of bringing them along?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:58 pm

The real question is: if/when this happens, how many pointless threads will be created to complain about it, rather than simply keeping it in the Power Levels thread?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm

If ? Krillin will be fighting SsjB next episode so we're already there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:32 pm

precita wrote:If anything like this happened back in DBZ, the characters would be vaporized or knocked out in one blast or attack. Will the crap really hit the fan and put a damper on this tournament if this happens?
Only in the manga, the Toei anime was often like that. Remember Z Fighters vs Cell Jrs? There's even a scene where Yamcha and Tenshinhan grabbed one and beat it up a couple of times.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Neon Z wrote:
precita wrote:If anything like this happened back in DBZ, the characters would be vaporized or knocked out in one blast or attack. Will the crap really hit the fan and put a damper on this tournament if this happens?
Only in the manga, the Toei anime was often like that. Remember Z Fighters vs Cell Jrs? There's even a scene where Yamcha and Tenshinhan grabbed one and beat it up a couple of times.
Agreed. And there's also Yamcha vs Recoome, and Yamcha vs Olibu, or Yamcha (with leg broken) able to put a fight against Tambourine. We also have SSJ3 Goku able to put a fight with Super Buu. And in Namek, Goku (in Ginyu's body), being able to tank one of Ginyu's (in Goku's body) ki blast that could destroy Gohan (and even Ginyu adapting to Goku's body to defeat Gohan and Krillin is filler).

There are a lot more examples (some of them are also in DBZ movies), but it just comes to show that Toei doesn't care that much on how strong or how weak is a character.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:51 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Alee9977 wrote:This is the most unlikely thing to happen, I mean, power levels have problems, but never reached that level.
SS2 Trunks hurting Goku Black Rosé and surviving a Black Kame Hame Ha says hello. He also fought Future Zamas, who was able to damage the SSBs.
We are talking about humans/androids here, we know saiyans have their unexplained rage power boost all the time which I don't dislike at all...

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm

This won't make me give up. I've already witnessed lots of potential, and inventive ideas in Super. I can tolerate a few asspulls if Super is still able to keep my interest all the way through. :P
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 pm

If Dragon Ball's legion of logistical laxities and Super's various production issues have driven the fans who might draw a line at that off already, my guess is no.

It does not mean much to me personally simply because Dragon Ball is typically poor at demonstrating stated strength gaps in practical ways. A two-fold divergence can be just as one-sided as a twenty-fold one.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Zephyr wrote:The real question is: if/when this happens, how many pointless threads will be created to complain about it, rather than simply keeping it in the Power Levels thread?
That is my biggest worry.

For me personally, I won't really care. If the scenario does happen, how it's executed will matter in how much it will really bother me.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm

It would make Super worse, regardless of how cool or emotional the fight is. Internal realism is a necesity for any dramatic story (not a pure comedy or some crazy abstract thing)

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:This won't make me give up. I've already witnessed lots of potential, and inventive ideas in Super. I can tolerate a few asspulls if Super is still able to keep my interest all the way through. :P
I like this person.