What about bringing back Cell for the tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What about bringing back Cell for the tournament?

Post by MasterVampire » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 am

I'm sure he could be kept in check since Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Buu and Gotenks are much stronger then him.

He loves to fight and likes a challenge and would be more useful then the humans on their team.

I know he was kinda evil but I think under the right circumstances he could maybe be redeemed or at least no longer pose a threat.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What about bringing back Cell for the tournament?

Post by Gig » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:22 am

Would that be a good idea? He may want revenge against Goku & Co., even at the cost of his own life... he may even accept at first and they betray them during the tournament!

Also, we are not sure if Earth's Dragon Balls are active yet. I think less than a year passed since episode 68 (it was 68, right?), although there was still one unused wish...

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 am

That's a stupid idea i mean he is a villain and why would Goku & Co care about him so if you want to bring someone back than with a good reason that makes
sense

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:47 am

I'd rather see Paikuhan brought back

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:03 am

In a team battle royal with your life on the line who you rather fight with

A.Friends you've fought with since you were child.

B. Someone your entire team hates.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 am

I swear this one of the dumbest ideas this fandom keeps pushing for some reason why would goku feel the need to bring back someone who tried to kill everybody
Besides you already got guys like buu,piccolo,gohan who already stronger than him.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:37 am

I'm sure Cell learned a lot with his demise. You bring him back and instantly he'll be scouting his opportunities and best options. He would play along and he would do it so well, even the z warriors would start to accept him. I can see him saving one of the humans in the tournament to make his case.

Then he would ask to train with Whis and before you know it universe 7 is done..cya later there is not one person in the db universe with more potential than him. Close shop it's a wrap fellas.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:56 am

From a marketing perspective, Cell really isn't worthwhile here.

We know that Toei's goal here is to indoctrinate new fans - while sure, appealing to old fans as well - to sell them nostalgia in another ten or twelve years. These new fans need THEIR OWN memories and sense of wonder to pander to later on. The main characters are already pervasive enough in the culture that they adopted them no problem. Freeza has consistently been used in marketing and revivals in other media, so he made the most sense to bring back for what was (at the time) a one-off movie; remember, it was never intended from the start to be something that was later incorporated into a series, and it seems they only did so because of their panic over having literally nothing to go on when they preemptively announced a new series.

So with all that in mind, what would bringing back Cell right now get anyone? Well, a small group of existing fans who like Cell would enjoy it. That's... about it. Newer fans? Sure, they're going to have a pretty solid notion of who Cell is (from hand-me-downs and Heroes), but it would be a nostalgia power-play to an audience that doesn't HAVE nostalgia for that character yet.

You could say the same thing about No. 17 right now, and I'd argue that's accurate, but then you have the story-related stuff to go into: what exactly do they do with Cell once the fight is over? Just... let him go? Kill him? What incentive would he have to cooperate in the first place, knowing he has no future in which he's left to his own devices? At least with No. 17 they can do fun stories about his new family and job, interactions with the rest of the group, etc.

Cell? Uhh... I guess... how's being dead working out for you? OK, cool, anyway, come fight with us and we're gonna kill you again afterward. All good? K.

Eh, not a really convincing plan...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote:From a marketing perspective, Cell really isn't worthwhile here.

We know that Toei's goal here is to indoctrinate new fans - while sure, appealing to old fans as well - to sell them nostalgia in another ten or twelve years. These new fans need THEIR OWN memories and sense of wonder to pander to later on. The main characters are already pervasive enough in the culture that they adopted them no problem. Freeza has consistently been used in marketing and revivals in other media, so he made the most sense to bring back for what was (at the time) a one-off movie; remember, it was never intended from the start to be something that was later incorporated into a series, and it seems they only did so because of their panic over having literally nothing to go on when they preemptively announced a new series.

So with all that in mind, what would bringing back Cell right now get anyone? Well, a small group of existing fans who like Cell would enjoy it. That's... about it. Newer fans? Sure, they're going to have a pretty solid notion of who Cell is (from hand-me-downs and Heroes), but it would be a nostalgia power-play to an audience that doesn't HAVE nostalgia for that character yet.

You could say the same thing about No. 17 right now, and I'd argue that's accurate, but then you have the story-related stuff to go into: what exactly do they do with Cell once the fight is over? Just... let him go? Kill him? What incentive would he have to cooperate in the first place, knowing he has no future in which he's left to his own devices? At least with No. 17 they can do fun stories about his new family and job, interactions with the rest of the group, etc.

Cell? Uhh... I guess... how's being dead working out for you? OK, cool, anyway, come fight with us and we're gonna kill you again afterward. All good? K.

Eh, not a really convincing plan...!
I think we have a better chance with them using Broly somehow. They already are using the female Broly, and since he is a lot of times grouped with Super merchandise over Cell and even Freeza, I wouldn't doubt seeing him sometime soon. He's obviously a fan favorite cash cow like Trunks. They could see the female Broly and one of the Kaioshins could drop a line "Oh, we had one of those in our Universe before." Not saying I'd want movie villains in the show, but I like all of them over Cell to be honest.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Freeza being part of the tournament is more likely to happen than Cell. He was evil to the core and was completely set on his ways... not to mention everyone who knew him hated his guts and have no reason to revive him.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Why not bring Dabura back too ? Bring everyone back for the sake of fanservice. Besides, I feel as though Dabura would be a better choice, since his backstory is something they could input here. It'll be a lot more interesting at least, Dabura, king of the demon world. I feel his character had more to offer.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Why not bring Dabura back too ? Bring everyone back for the sake of fanservice. Besides, I feel as though Dabura would be a better choice, since his backstory is something they could input here. It'll be a lot more interesting at least, Dabura, king of the demon world. I feel his character had more to offer.
Last edited by julianix on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am

julianix wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:Why not bring Dabura back too ? Bring everyone back for the sake of fanservice. Besides, I feel as though Dabura would be a better choice, since his backstory is something they could input here. It'll be a lot more interesting at least, Dabura, king of the demon world. I feel his character had more to offer.
Demon realm has a lot to offer for sure. I would love to see what that realm has to offer..

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Cell would be cool to return but I feel he only return if Toei or Toriyama want to give him a new form for merchandising

Plus the new form would probably be his personal variant of SSJ God/Blue and/or Freeza's Ultimate Evolution.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:23 pm

If Cell came back, I feel like he'd be pretty unstoppable.

I think bringing Cell back would've been a much better idea than Frieza.

I think someone said this earlier but I could see Cell just going along with everything in the tournament. Observing all the changes that have happened with the Z fighters. Grasping the divine energy concept and getting stronger.
Last edited by dragonballgeek on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 pm

I feel like there could've been more work done with Cell. Moreso than Frieza. There's just something about a guy who's made up of the strongest beings in the universe that could've been explored.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:53 am

*Sounds of a door opening, followed by eerily squeaky Cell footsteps sound effects*

Yes! I'm completely onboard with MasterVampire and others on this - the idea of it rather than the reality of it happening due to the window being closed (for now?).

I just recently got caught up with Super after a long hiatus and am up-to-date as far as the latest episode (yay). A couple weeks ago, when I'd seen that the show was going Multiversal tournament - and that there would be teams with 10 active participants each - my first thought was "Cell! Bring back Cell". Obviously, that's not happening (the new Opening), but I couldn't help but think what a Super-huge missed opportunity. Roshi? Really?!

Let's examine this a little: Cell was created solely to assimilate 2 specific artificial humans, become "perfect", and eliminate Son Goku. After attaining "perfection", Cell abandoned any specific revenge plots and wanted to go forward testing out the potential of his newly acquired power and cover a much greater range than what he was originally designed for - even allowing the good guys 10 days to improve themselves as much as possible with the intention of creating a challenge for himself. That backfires of course, but the thing is - Cell didn't get the chance to get established. There was no past as a leader of a Galactic Empire or no buildup of having been a threat to the Universe. Just a being that was created, appeared, and wanted some competition to show-off his abilities, with malicious intent of course. But, that's as far as it went. He showed up for 10 days, got killed off (as he should have been at that time), and then went into the history books. And then, that's it. Freeza got multiple returns, Buu got to stick around (also with a reincarnated counterpart)... but Cell?... only a couple of quick mentions. There's a character to explore there - Cell didn't even get the chance to get started yet, and he still managed to battle off all of the Z-team - including FOUR ascended Super Saiya-jins - by himself. I am intrigued to see a Cell that is now more aware of his place in the Universe(s) and how he responds to that.

Freeza is a character that will never learn and will always be irredeemable - and will always be the franchises' iconic villain. Buu has been adopted into the Z-family. Cell deserves a return, imo, and this upcoming tournament would have been the perfect time to make it happen.

Why?...

With the addition of the various hierarchies, deities, multiple Universes, Zeno-sama, and the general grander scope of the current "Dragon-world", these could all factor into a change in direction for a (revived) Cell - not to have him buddy up with the Z-senshi, but more removed from being a threat to his Universe. He had already abandoned his original mission by making his own conscious decision. He was bored and wanted some competition - it just so happened that Goku and co. were the first measuring stick that he encountered.

Is Cell a redeemable character? Yes, imo - within the context of what has happened on Z and Super. I can see Cell participating in the Tournament of Power on behalf of U7, and then going off into other quadrants of the Universe exploring, learning, and of course training and reaching higher levels of strength - making occasional appearances throughout the rest of the series (similar to the two-part Hit episodes).

How could Cell be revived? I don't see the Z-team being involved. Something involving maybe Beerus or other being made aware of his previous existence and fighting abilities could ignite a curiosity to be added to the U7 team... ? I mean, this is Dragon Ball we're talking about here - the existence of their Universe is at stake!!. How ironic would it be that a being thought of as a potential threat to that Universe consciously aided in keeping it from being erased? "No fighters from another Universe are a match to my boundless Perfection" - being the primary motive.

What can Cell bring to the table? Well, unlimited potential. I don't know where his ceiling stops. Seriously - in time - he would easily surpass Goku and Vegeta and never look back. This is why Cell isn't allowed to exist anymore - it wouldn't even be fair. A Dues ex machina device would have to be enabled to cap him.

Can Cell fit into Super and the stories that will be told down the line? Yes, but only on occasion. The series struggles plenty enough already balancing and utilizing its fan-favorites appropriately such as Piccolo and Goku (Goku didn't give him a chance against Frost... really?!) Vegeta with pacifier, etc. So, other areas have priority and need some tweaking, while the occasional Cell return shouldn't get in the way of that. Honestly though, the character-tweaking stuff shouldn't matter at this point. Much of Supers' characterizations have been a bit underwhelming (imo). Bring back Cell! (or spare him...?)

Of course, the various interactions and other possibilities. Can anyone imagine Perfect Cell - now with neutral characterization - interacting with #17 & #18? How bizarre would that be? How about Cell & Adult Gohan (citing Gohan's plea perhaps)? Cell & Future Trunks... ? Mr. Satan?

While Cell has forever left his mark on the franchise, he doesn't seem to receive nearly the same amount of recognition from the DB property owners as Freeza or Buu, or even Broli. Cell certainly doesn't fall into the overexposed category, imo.

Cell is a highly intelligent being that possesses countless fighting techniques by default and a sense for combat that Freeza and Buu just don't match. Developing his own fighting style and striving to be more perfect... if he can genetically even do that, that is. Maybe he's hardcoded to only replicate those that he's made up of...? It's arguable that Cell had the single biggest impact on the Z-senshi as an antagonist.

For anyone that thinks that Cell is a bland/boring character after reaching "perfection" - well, I can understand that. He was around for not even TWO WEEKS in-universe time! I think some hilarity can ensue with Cell around along with some "badass" moments. Cell is responsible for perhaps the funniest moment in the franchise already (you guys/girls know the one).

Saved the best for last: Norio Wakamoto's performance as Perfect Cell (Z) was god-tier (that's not a term that I would normally throw out so casually). If he would reprise that role, then that should sell it by itself - even with an aged Wakamoto. Bring it on!!

Why not?

Cell nearly brought the Earth and mankind to ruin. The general public would not take kindly and Mr. Satans' heroic reputation would be called into question. But, they don't need to know that he's alive anyway.

Could we trust the current writers to do a good enough job handling a Cell return? *Looks at Resurrection 'F' arc* ........ On the upside, Cell isn't as boxed-in as a character as Freeza, so.... yeah... I would think so... ? Plus, it wouldn't be a one-off thing.

Would the artists/animators thoroughly enjoy bringing Cell to life for all the viewing world to see? Most likely not - Cell is quite the detailed fellow, and Super comes off as much less inspired than the previous series (that's not a jab at the hard-working staff). Attempting to add Cell may topple the entire production and send the staff into a downward-spiral. We don't want that to happen.

What can Cell bring to the table? Well, unlimited potential. I don't know where his ceiling stops. Seriously - in time - he would easily surpass Goku and Vegeta and never look back. This is why Cell isn't allowed to exist anymore - it wouldn't even be fair. A Dues ex machina device would have to be enabled to cap him. (I'm fully aware that this reason is in both categories)

So, let's turn off our rational thinking and watch as Cell teams up with the chibi Pilaf Gang as they investigate various mysteries (such as why the Pilaf Gang are chibi in Super), get caught up in some shenanigans,attempt to perform some of the latest dance fads, and inadvertently help to keep U7 clean and tidy... all while listening to that horrid Pilaf theme music over and over everytime... !

Since the Tournament of Power representatives have been decided, it appears that the window for a Cell return (as an "ally") on Super has been closed. Kinda sad, because at this point I'm less about where the story is headed and more about seeing what becomes of these unique characters and listening to the many talented seiyuu give life to those characters - it feels like a farewell tour. Nozawa-san has been the voice of Son Goku almost as long as I've been alive! And several others from those days as well. I guess there's always Z to go back to for legendary Wakamoto if nothing else.

Anyway, it's not happening for this arc so all this text is after-the-fact rambling. I probably didn't frame my post all that well, but those were just some thoughts off of the top of my head.

In conclusion, Cell as a character has potential to evolve from where we last left him. Even though I get what Mike is saying from a reporters perspective -- I co-sign this thread and a return of Super Perfect Cell! C'mon Super, press the button... don't be scared. *Wakamoto voice* KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAAAA

Apologies for the semi-dramatic entrance :D

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:*Sounds of a door opening, followed by eerily squeaky Cell footsteps sound effects*

Yes! I'm completely onboard with MasterVampire and others on this - the idea of it rather than the reality of it happening due to the window being closed (for now?).

I just recently got caught up with Super after a long hiatus and am up-to-date as far as the latest episode (yay). A couple weeks ago, when I'd seen that the show was going Multiversal tournament - and that there would be teams with 10 active participants each - my first thought was "Cell! Bring back Cell". Obviously, that's not happening (the new Opening), but I couldn't help but think what a Super-huge missed opportunity. Roshi? Really?!

Let's examine this a little: Cell was created solely to assimilate 2 specific artificial humans, become "perfect", and eliminate Son Goku. After attaining "perfection", Cell abandoned any specific revenge plots and wanted to go forward testing out the potential of his newly acquired power and cover a much greater range than what he was originally designed for - even allowing the good guys 10 days to improve themselves as much as possible with the intention of creating a challenge for himself. That backfires of course, but the thing is - Cell didn't get the chance to get established. There was no past as a leader of a Galactic Empire or no buildup of having been a threat to the Universe. Just a being that was created, appeared, and wanted some competition to show-off his abilities, with malicious intent of course. But, that's as far as it went. He showed up for 10 days, got killed off (as he should have been at that time), and then went into the history books. And then, that's it. Freeza got multiple returns, Buu got to stick around (also with a reincarnated counterpart)... but Cell?... only a couple of quick mentions. There's a character to explore there - Cell didn't even get the chance to get started yet, and he still managed to battle off all of the Z-team - including FOUR ascended Super Saiya-jins - by himself. I am intrigued to see a Cell that is now more aware of his place in the Universe(s) and how he responds to that.

Freeza is a character that will never learn and will always be irredeemable - and will always be the franchises' iconic villain. Buu has been adopted into the Z-family. Cell deserves a return, imo, and this upcoming tournament would have been the perfect time to make it happen.

Why?...

With the addition of the various hierarchies, deities, multiple Universes, Zeno-sama, and the general grander scope of the current "Dragon-world", these could all factor into a change in direction for a (revived) Cell - not to have him buddy up with the Z-senshi, but more removed from being a threat to his Universe. He had already abandoned his original mission by making his own conscious decision. He was bored and wanted some competition - it just so happened that Goku and co. were the first measuring stick that he encountered.

Is Cell a redeemable character? Yes, imo - within the context of what has happened on Z and Super. I can see Cell participating in the Tournament of Power on behalf of U7, and then going off into other quadrants of the Universe exploring, learning, and of course training and reaching higher levels of strength - making occasional appearances throughout the rest of the series (similar to the two-part Hit episodes).

How could Cell be revived? I don't see the Z-team being involved. Something involving maybe Beerus or other being made aware of his previous existence and fighting abilities could ignite a curiosity to be added to the U7 team... ? I mean, this is Dragon Ball we're talking about here - the existence of their Universe is at stake!!. How ironic would it be that a being thought of as a potential threat to that Universe consciously aided in keeping it from being erased? "No fighters from another Universe are a match to my boundless Perfection" - being the primary motive.

What can Cell bring to the table? Well, unlimited potential. I don't know where his ceiling stops. Seriously - in time - he would easily surpass Goku and Vegeta and never look back. This is why Cell isn't allowed to exist anymore - it wouldn't even be fair. A Dues ex machina device would have to be enabled to cap him.

Can Cell fit into Super and the stories that will be told down the line? Yes, but only on occasion. The series struggles plenty enough already balancing and utilizing its fan-favorites appropriately such as Piccolo and Goku (Goku didn't give him a chance against Frost... really?!) Vegeta with pacifier, etc. So, other areas have priority and need some tweaking, while the occasional Cell return shouldn't get in the way of that. Honestly though, the character-tweaking stuff shouldn't matter at this point. Much of Supers' characterizations have been a bit underwhelming (imo). Bring back Cell! (or spare him...?)

Of course, the various interactions and other possibilities. Can anyone imagine Perfect Cell - now with neutral characterization - interacting with #17 & #18? How bizarre would that be? How about Cell & Adult Gohan (citing Gohan's plea perhaps)? Cell & Future Trunks... ? Mr. Satan?

While Cell has forever left his mark on the franchise, he doesn't seem to receive nearly the same amount of recognition from the DB property owners as Freeza or Buu, or even Broli. Cell certainly doesn't fall into the overexposed category, imo.

Cell is a highly intelligent being that possesses countless fighting techniques by default and a sense for combat that Freeza and Buu just don't match. Developing his own fighting style and striving to be more perfect... if he can genetically even do that, that is. Maybe he's hardcoded to only replicate those that he's made up of...? It's arguable that Cell had the single biggest impact on the Z-senshi as an antagonist.

For anyone that thinks that Cell is a bland/boring character after reaching "perfection" - well, I can understand that. He was around for not even TWO WEEKS in-universe time! I think some hilarity can ensue with Cell around along with some "badass" moments. Cell is responsible for perhaps the funniest moment in the franchise already (you guys/girls know the one).

Saved the best for last: Norio Wakamoto's performance as Perfect Cell (Z) was god-tier (that's not a term that I would normally throw out so casually). If he would reprise that role, then that should sell it by itself - even with an aged Wakamoto. Bring it on!!

Why not?

Cell nearly brought the Earth and mankind to ruin. The general public would not take kindly and Mr. Satans' heroic reputation would be called into question. But, they don't need to know that he's alive anyway.

Could we trust the current writers to do a good enough job handling a Cell return? *Looks at Resurrection 'F' arc* ........ On the upside, Cell isn't as boxed-in as a character as Freeza, so.... yeah... I would think so... ? Plus, it wouldn't be a one-off thing.

Would the artists/animators thoroughly enjoy bringing Cell to life for all the viewing world to see? Most likely not - Cell is quite the detailed fellow, and Super comes off as much less inspired than the previous series (that's not a jab at the hard-working staff). Attempting to add Cell may topple the entire production and send the staff into a downward-spiral. We don't want that to happen.

What can Cell bring to the table? Well, unlimited potential. I don't know where his ceiling stops. Seriously - in time - he would easily surpass Goku and Vegeta and never look back. This is why Cell isn't allowed to exist anymore - it wouldn't even be fair. A Dues ex machina device would have to be enabled to cap him. (I'm fully aware that this reason is in both categories)

So, let's turn off our rational thinking and watch as Cell teams up with the chibi Pilaf Gang as they investigate various mysteries (such as why the Pilaf Gang are chibi in Super), get caught up in some shenanigans,attempt to perform some of the latest dance fads, and inadvertently help to keep U7 clean and tidy... all while listening to that horrid Pilaf theme music over and over everytime... !

Since the Tournament of Power representatives have been decided, it appears that the window for a Cell return (as an "ally") on Super has been closed. Kinda sad, because at this point I'm less about where the story is headed and more about seeing what becomes of these unique characters and listening to the many talented seiyuu give life to those characters - it feels like a farewell tour. Nozawa-san has been the voice of Son Goku almost as long as I've been alive! And several others from those days as well. I guess there's always Z to go back to for legendary Wakamoto if nothing else.

Anyway, it's not happening for this arc so all this text is after-the-fact rambling. I probably didn't frame my post all that well, but those were just some thoughts off of the top of my head.

In conclusion, Cell as a character has potential to evolve from where we last left him. Even though I get what Mike is saying from a reporters perspective -- I co-sign this thread and a return of Super Perfect Cell! C'mon Super, press the button... don't be scared. *Wakamoto voice* KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAAAA

Apologies for the semi-dramatic entrance :D
Yeah....no
Beerus doesn't even know of his existence whatsoever
Besides I doubt either 17 or 18 would work with him given what between them
Besides this tournament is about teamwork and tactics not just who has the bigger Power level.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 pm

pacz360 wrote:Yeah....no
Besides this tournament is about teamwork and tactics not just who has the bigger Power level.
Sure, but Beerus could learn about his existence easily. Remember, that Beerus' existence is just as much at stake as anyone and everything else. And with Beerus around, Cell would be kept in-check. Cell isn't a loose cannon, and he would totally fit the having tactics bill. My previous post was mostly hypothetical rambling anyway.

And this is Super, I'm not sure how far the show would go into attempting to explain why #18 and #17 would work with Cell. People would question the Who?, What?, Where?, When?, Why's? and How's? but the series would move along anyway because that's what it's been doing. At the least, I think that it would initially throw some much needed intrigue into the show. After that, who knows...

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Yeah....no
Sure, but Beerus could learn about his existence easily. Remember, that Beerus' existence is just as much at stake as anyone and everything else. And with Beerus around, Cell would be kept in-check. Cell isn't a loose cannon, and he would totally fit the having tactics bill. My previous post was mostly hypothetical rambling anyway.

And this is Super, I'm not sure how far the show would go into attempting to explain why #18 and #17 would work with Cell. People would question the Who?, What?, Where?, When?, Why's? and How's? but the series would move along anyway because that's what it's been doing. At the least, I think that it would initially throw some much needed intrigue into the show. After that, who knows...
And again beerus have no idea of who cell is how will he learn of his existence
And cell wen't crazy and try to kill everyone in failed suicide atempt then later came back kill f.trunks and try destroy earth
I don't see anyone willing to bring back not to mention him killing 16 so i doubt any of the androids will be willing to work with him
Seriously theres no need to bring back cell who already served his purpose in the story.
We don't need to bring back every villian who died for some pointless fan service