"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:26 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:But just to compare, here is Vinny's voice:
Listen to it on 29:55.
Posting the full movie by illegal means is against the rules, so I recommend you to edit or remove the link
Posting an sample or clip, otherwise, is acceptable

I don't know if there's on the american one (and with the dub change option), but the movie is on brazilian Netflix catalogue. This would be an alternative way

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:But just to compare, here is Vinny's voice:
Listen to it on 29:55.
Posting the full movie by illegal means is against the rules, so I recommend you to edit or remove the link
Posting an sample or clip, otherwise, is acceptable

I don't know if there's on the american one (and with the dub change option), but the movie is on brazilian Netflix catalogue. This would be an alternative way
Don't worry, I already edited it.

But, unfortunally, I don't have samples for it.

Also, in Tânia's page someone said that Wellington Lima already choiced Zamasu's voice and now is just for Toei's decision to aprove it or not. But I don't have major details about this information.

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Wellington Lima confirmed that Francisco Bretas will voice Shin

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:43 pm

AlexJunin wrote:Wellington Lima confirmed that Francisco Bretas will voice Shin
Amazing. I always liked his voice for Shin and it was pretty bad not having him on the recent movies. But it's really good to know that he is back for Super.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:48 am

After a while without any new informations, Tânia Gaidarji is on fire! Yesterday she posted MANY photos with the cast. For now, no new voices were revealed, but seeing everyone returning to their roles is always good, specially after Kai and BoG DVD release
So here's an huge update! New confirmations in bold

Goku - Wendel Bezerra
Vegeta - Alfredo Rollo
Bills - Marcelo Pissardini
Whis - Felipe Grinnan
Bulma - Tânia Gaidarji
Piccolo - Luiz Antônio Lobue
Gohan - Vagner Fagundes
Goten - Fátima Noya
Kid Trunks - Marina Santana
Future Trunks - Marcelo Campos
Kuririn - Fábio Lucindo
Android 18 - Eleonora Prado
Mr. Satan - Guilherme Lopes
Boo - Wellington Lima
Turtle Hermit - Gileno Santoro
Chaos (Chaozu/Chiaotzu) - Úrsula Bezerra
Mai - Letícia Quinto
Freeza (and maybe Frost) - Carlos Campanille

Kaiohshin Shin - Francisco Bretas

Apparently Figueira Jr. will come back as Android 17, but still unconfirmed

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 am

Ikazvyr wrote:After a while without any new informations, Tânia Gaidarji is on fire! Yesterday she posted MANY photos with the cast. For now, no new voices were revealed, but seeing everyone returning to their roles is always good, specially after Kai and BoG DVD release
So here's an huge update! New confirmations in bold

Goku - Wendel Bezerra
Vegeta - Alfredo Rollo
Bills - Marcelo Pissardini
Whis - Felipe Grinnan
Bulma - Tânia Gaidarji
Piccolo - Luiz Antônio Lobue
Gohan - Vagner Fagundes
Goten - Fátima Noya
Kid Trunks - Marina Santana
Future Trunks - Marcelo Campos
Kuririn - Fábio Lucindo
Android 18 - Eleonora Prado
Mr. Satan - Guilherme Lopes
Boo - Wellington Lima
Turtle Hermit - Gileno Santoro
Chaos (Chaozu/Chiaotzu) - Úrsula Bezerra
Mai - Letícia Quinto
Freeza (and maybe Frost) - Carlos Campanille

Kaiohshin Shin - Francisco Bretas

Apparently Figueira Jr. will come back as Android 17, but still unconfirmed
There is some updates from my searches
Raquel Marinho also confirmed in her Facebook that she will come back as ChiChi
Melissa Garcia already confirmed in her FB fanpage that she will return as Videl
And for last, I had found one comment in Wellington Lima FB from some guy that asked about if Walter Breda will return as Kaioh Sama and Wellington Lima no replied it but he gave a thumbs up on that post, practically confirming that Walter will return as Kaio
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am

AlexJunin wrote:There is some updates from my searches
Melissa Garcia already confirmed in her FB fanpage that she will return as Videl
And for last, I had found one comment in Wellington Lima FB from some guy that asked about if Walter Breda will return as Kaioh Sama and Wellington Lima no replied it but he gave a thumbs up on that post, practically confirming that Walter will return as Kaio
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So, until now, no one is replaced! Most likely only minor roles would be changed. Dende original voice was Gabriel Noya, but was voiced by Rodrigo Andreatto in BoG. I want to believe that Gabriel Noya can come back to his role, since Andreatto also voiced Yajirobe in Boo Saga (replacing Wagner Fagundes, who now is Gohan's voice). I also want Cassius Romero as Elder Kaiohshin again. He was voiced by Leonardo Camilo in GT/BoG, but I want him as Hit

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:There is some updates from my searches
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So, until now, no one is replaced! Most likely only minor roles would be changed. Dende original voice was Gabriel Noya, but was voiced by Rodrigo Andreatto in BoG. I want to believe that Gabriel Noya can come back to his role, since Andreatto also voiced Yajirobe in Boo Saga (replacing Wagner Fagundes, who now is Gohan's voice). I also want Cassius Romero as Elder Kaiohshin again. He was voiced by Leonardo Camilo in GT/BoG, but I want him as Hit
Dende's original voice actor in Brazil was Thiago Barioni, not Gabriel Noya. Gabriel only voiced him in Kai, maybe 'cause his tone was similar to Thiago's.

Also, Walter Breda was not working on voice acting until 2014, and that was the reason for him to not voice Kaiohsama in Kai and BoG. But since he is working again in voice acting he can voices Kaioh now without problems. It's only strange the fact that he doesn't get any new anime role since his return, he was more active in anime dubbing before he lefted voice acting by the first time, working not only on Dragon Ball but also in Gundam Wing, Saint Seiya, Gunsmith Cats, Sukeban Deka and many other stuff.

And about Ursula Bezerra, she will probably dub both Chiaotzu and Kid Goku, since there are some flashbacks with Goku and Krillin's childhoods.

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:10 am

Hey guys, i had found something interesting.
I,ve been watching a channel on youtube called "Loop Infinito", for those who do not know, the VA Junior Nannetti is one of the presentors of this channel
In this video:
[spoiler]https://youtu.be/C51xdPp8AW8[/spoiler]
Nannetti is alongside a Champa figure, he already appeared in some videos with Wendel Bezerra, this made me think that he could be the VA of Champa.
What do you guys think about that?

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:24 pm

AlexJunin wrote:Hey guys, i had found something interesting.
I,ve been watching a channel on youtube called "Loop Infinito", for those who do not know, the VA Junior Nannetti is one of the presentors of this channel
In this video:
Nannetti is alongside a Champa figure, he already appeared in some videos with Wendel Bezerra, this made me think that he could be the VA of Champa.
Mere speculation, but could be. His voice totally fits Champa and is slightly similar to the tone that Mitsuo Iwata uses. Would be a surprise since he's new in voice acting
Personally, I would cast Mauro Ramos since he's now in São Paulo and I'm a huge fan of his voice. Champa is constantly yelling and Ramos is perfect to this role. Either way, I think Nannetti is also a good choice

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:23 pm

lol, I told you he would be Champa.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 am

Bruno Sutter, brazilian heavy metal vocalist and comedian, announced that he was approved to be the ending 3 singer in the dub: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8659111910

That's a surprise! In some countries, Toei's shows endings stopped having dubbed versions. FUNi's Kai and Super even have specific opening songs sent by Toei ("Fight It Out" and english version for "Chouzetsu Dynamic"). I just hope that Cartoon Network leaves both openings and endings uncut

For those who don't know, Bruno Sutter is better known as a former member (now part-timer) to the comedy group "Hermes e Renato". The group had an heavy metal comedy band called Massacration where he was the vocalist under the character Detonator. He left the group in 2012 and since then focuses more in his musical career, with two solo projects: one as Detonator and the other as himself. Massacration, that ended in 2012, came back to activity last year. Sutter was elected by popular choice the best brazilian heavy metal singer in 2014 and 2015 by Whiplash

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:Hey guys, i had found something interesting.
In this video:
Mere speculation, but could be. His voice totally fits Champa and is slightly similar to the tone that Mitsuo Iwata uses. Would be a surprise since he's new in voice acting
Personally, I would cast Mauro Ramos since he's now in São Paulo and I'm a huge fan of his voice. Champa is constantly yelling and Ramos is perfect to this role. Either way, I think Nannetti is also a good choice
I totally agree. Nannetti could be good for Champa, but I think they will try to choice other actor more experienced than him.
Mauro Ramos or Paulo Porto are more reasonable choices for Champa to me.
Ikazvyr wrote:Bruno Sutter, brazilian heavy metal vocalist and comedian, announced that he was approved to be the ending 3 singer in the dub: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8659111910

That's a surprise! In some countries, Toei's shows endings stopped having dubbed versions. FUNi's Kai and Super even have specific opening songs sent by Toei ("Fight It Out" and english version for "Chouzetsu Dynamic"). I just hope that Cartoon Network leaves both openings and endings uncut

For those who don't know, Bruno Sutter is better known as a former member (now part-timer) to the comedy group "Hermes e Renato". The group had an heavy metal comedy band called Massacration where he was the vocalist under the character Detonator. He left the group in 2012 and since then focuses more in his musical career, with two solo projects: one as Detonator and the other as himself. Massacration, that ended in 2012, came back to activity last year. Sutter was elected by popular choice the best brazilian heavy metal singer in 2014 and 2015 by Whiplash
Bruno Sutter is amazing. But if he will record the 3rd ending, so, who recorded the other theme songs? Including the other outros, and the opening? They said that Daniel Quirino recorded it, but that only was a test until I know.

And judging by Tania Gaidarji's pictures in Facebook with Marcelo Campos(Trunks) and Letícia Quinto(Mai), I thought they were already recording the Black Saga, and the 3rd ending starts at the episode 28 or 29 if I'm not wrong.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:01 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Bruno Sutter is amazing. But if he will record the 3rd ending, so, who recorded the other theme songs? Including the other outros, and the opening? They said that Daniel Quirino recorded it, but that only was a test until I know.

And judging by Tania Gaidarji's pictures in Facebook with Marcelo Campos(Trunks) and Letícia Quinto(Mai), I thought they were already recording the Black Saga, and the 3rd ending starts at the episode 28 or 29 if I'm not wrong.
Bruno is a very nice guy. I've met him in a concert we both went in 2014. He deserves it
The music process is different to dubbing. The songs can still being recorded OR they were already recorded, but Wendel told him only now that he was approved

Folks, if everything goes right, I'll meet Wendel Bezerra soon. A close friend, that is an YouTuber, will record an video with him and I'll accompany him. Although the video is not gonna be about it, is there any questions you guys wanna do about Super? I'll do it after recordings

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Bruno Sutter is amazing. But if he will record the 3rd ending, so, who recorded the other theme songs? Including the other outros, and the opening? They said that Daniel Quirino recorded it, but that only was a test until I know.

Bruno is a very nice guy. I've met him in a concert we both went in 2014. He deserves it
The music process is different to dubbing. The songs can still being recorded OR they were already recorded, but Wendel told him only now that he was approved

Folks, if everything goes right, I'll meet Wendel Bezerra soon. A close friend, that is an YouTuber, will record an video with him and I'll accompany him. Although the video is not gonna be about it, is there any questions you guys wanna do about Super? I'll do it after recordings
Well, my questions to Wendel are basically about the casting of the new characters. If you'll met him before the episodes are aired on Cartoon Network, please ask him who are the voices of the new characters, the ones from U6 until the ones that appear in first episodes of the Universal Survive arc, like Bergamo and Basil. They are working with the first 80 episodes, so characters like Basil and Bergamo will gain brazilian voice actors soon.
Just ask him who are the actors that will do the new roles, and then tell us who they are XD

Also, the original Dr. Slump was never dubbed in Brazil, but I would like to see the same voices that dubbed the Dr. Slump characters in the original Dragon Ball-crossover again in Super. In this case, the voices from the version of Alamo, like Jussara Marques as Arale, Isabel de Sá as Midori, Marli Bortoletto as Turbo, Márcia Regina as Obotchaman, Silvia Suzy as Akane, Fábio Moura as Senbei and the rest of the actors that were casted there.
Asking him to kept those voices again would be a good thing, since Dr. Slump characters appear in Dragon Ball Super and most of these actors are in active. Jussara even have to voices Pan again.
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Ikazvyr wrote: Bruno is a very nice guy. I've met him in a concert we both went in 2014. He deserves it

If you could ask him I would want to know if they're translating directly from japanese and if he watches the other Super dubs out there to get any casting ideas.

There are two options here. Either they went to the studio to sign the contracts and all that stuff, or they're just leaving the songs for last since it only starts airing in two weeks.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Update
Faduli Costa will return as Shu
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:32 pm

AlexJunin wrote:Update
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That was already expected. But, do you have links for the entire original publication? It seems they have more new info, as for the translation/script for example.

And there is an youtube channel expectulating that Zamasu is being dubbed by Hermes Baroli, based in some commentaries on Tânia Gaidarji's page.

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:52 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:Update
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That was already expected. But, do you have links for the entire original publication? It seems they have more new info, as for the translation/script for example.

And there is an youtube channel expectulating that Zamasu is being dubbed by Hermes Baroli, based in some commentaries on Tânia Gaidarji's page.
Here is the link
[spoiler]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater[/spoiler]
Some VA's gave a thumbs up and Raquel Marinho replied, I don't know if is reliable or not but it's an information
Does anyone knows this Rafael Filipe?

Excel Rose

Post by Excel Rose » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm

It is awesome to see Bruno Sutter involved in Dragon Ball.

I grew up watching DBZ in the morning and Hermes e Renato in the night :lol: