"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Noah wrote:
Aren't they going a little bit too fast with this arc? I thought they would only voice a couple of episodes and then reprise from the beginning. Not that I don't like it, but I think it could be done in a better pacing.
Cartoon Network will broadcast the first 67 episodes and then will reprise it again. However, there are already 80 episodes dubbed into brazilian portuguese.
sangofe wrote:
Haven't been on the pc yet but Zamasu certainly does not speak calmly when he gets angry or hateful.
Of course, he needs to put emotion so he puts his voice higher. But, he diction is still the same, and that is what Masako Nozawa catches when she dubs Black.
All right. They're more alike than what I remembered. So I admit you're right about they should be fairly alike. But I still don't like the voices and tone of Zamasu and Black in the brazilian dub. They sound flat and emotionless.
I don't think "emotionless" or "flat" are appropriated words when you see, for example, the Mafuba scene. But okay.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Cartoon Network will broadcast the first 67 episodes and then will reprise it again. However, there are already 80 episodes dubbed into brazilian portuguese.

Of course, he needs to put emotion so he puts his voice higher. But, he diction is still the same, and that is what Masako Nozawa catches when she dubs Black.
All right. They're more alike than what I remembered. So I admit you're right about they should be fairly alike. But I still don't like the voices and tone of Zamasu and Black in the brazilian dub. They sound flat and emotionless.
I don't think "emotionless" or "flat" are appropriated words when you see, for example, the Mafuba scene. But okay.
That's the only scene I haven't watched from your clips.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 pm

I've watched the episode 66 a few minutes ago. Alfredo Rollo and Wendel Bezerra were good doing Vegetto's voice, but I missed the "estou pronto!" line when he appeared. In the original Z dub, he said "estou pronto!" and not "Beleza!" as he said in Super.
Glauco Marques as Zamasu is freaking amazing. He gives me chills. One of the best casting choices of the new characters in Super. Marcelo Campos is also amazing too, sounds even better than he was in Z. One of the best performances in this dub.

The Zamasu/Black arc will end tomorrow and so Cartoon Network will reprise the series again. The brazilian portuguese dub is being pretty good until now. In a scale to 0 to 10, I can give a 9,5/10 to it. Just don't give 10/10 because of some minor details I can talk about in another moment, but still an excellent job.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Goku and Mirai Trunks VS Black and Zamasu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzTV7vGQtI
I've yet to hear dub voices for Zamasu and Goku Black that I like.
How about the Korean dub?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ObXxq6RpuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge3JYkcu8Xk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF0hMLUyDeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKLx65en-9Y
Well, I like Zamasu and merged Zamasu's voice but Black's doesn't sound evil enough.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 am

I watched these last five episodes and what I can say it was good, but I believe the dub can always improve

63: Vegeta saying something like "I'm stronger than the real Goku" was quite weird, not for him adressing Goku by the name, but also because I don't think it was a line present in the original. Rollo did a job on his speech to Black though.

64: Bezerra performance as Black continues to amaze me and was Merged Zamasu voice amplified? It was like that in the original? Not that I think it was a issue.

65: Don't know how to feel about they sticking with the original japanese names for Merged Zamasu techniques, it would be a problem if they translated it?

66: I got goosebumps when Vegetto show up, but I believe both Rollo and Bezerra performances were better in Z/GT while doing the fusion. There are moments where Goku voice was more proeminent than Vegeta and vice versa, it could have more syncrony. I got give props to Glauco Marques and Marcelo Campos performance when F. Trunks was about to finish Merged Zamasu, really good voice acting.

67: Letícia Quinto perfomance as Mai when Zamasu killed all the earthlings was also pretty good and F. Trunks regretting he wasn't capable to protect his world moments before Gohan wishes him to be well is a scene that always get me in the original and was no different in the dub. Campos performance was great in this arc in general.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Why didn't they translate Zamasu's attacks? Sure, they've done that to other attacks like Taiyoken and Genki Dama, but Zamasu's attacks should be translated because they add to his character, since his attacks are all god/justice themed.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:29 am

Well, after a year long hiatus, Dragon Ball Super is airing in Taiwan once again. Formosa TV recently aired episode 54 so they've got a ways to go before they get into the nitty gritty part of the Future Trunks arc. Meanwhile, where's the Cantonese dub?! Do something, TVB!!!
The world is your's.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 am

...is this the place for those news? There surely is a thread for that dub.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:05 pm

tinlunlau wrote:Well, after a year long hiatus, Dragon Ball Super is airing in Taiwan once again. Formosa TV recently aired episode 54 so they've got a ways to go before they get into the nitty gritty part of the Future Trunks arc. Meanwhile, where's the Cantonese dub?! Do something, TVB!!!
There is already a thread for the taiwanese dub: viewtopic.php?t=34533

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:34 pm

So I guess we can expect the Universe Survival arc for late February, maybe?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Well, after a year long hiatus, Dragon Ball Super is airing in Taiwan once again. Formosa TV recently aired episode 54 so they've got a ways to go before they get into the nitty gritty part of the Future Trunks arc. Meanwhile, where's the Cantonese dub?! Do something, TVB!!!
There is already a thread for the taiwanese dub: viewtopic.php?t=34533
Yeah, the thread that I posted.
The world is your's.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:24 am

Figueira Jr. (Android 17) uploaded this video yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/figueirajunior ... 590080513/

So, the Universe Survival arc dub is finally coming.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:48 am

That's awesome, I'm glad to see he's back as 17 voice.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Noah wrote:That's awesome, I'm glad to see he's back as 17 voice.
Yep, I'm glad too. He is one of my favorite voices in the brazilian dub.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Wendel Bezerra uploaded a video a few days ago, talking with Wellington Lima (the actual ADR director) about the new voices and some possible casting choices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Jf5XhTQqs

The names in the video are just some hunches, not official casting choices, but possible ones.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Flora Paulita confirmed in the Instagram Stories that she will be the voice of Caulifla in the brazilian dub.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Is there a release date for this arc dub?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Is there a release date for this arc dub?
Probably it will be released in July.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm

The 2nd opening was sung by Rodrigo Rossi, and there will be a Full Version: https://www.jbox.com.br/2018/07/07/drag ... igo-rossi/