"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:04 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:If they coudn't get Fábio Lucindo to voice Kuririn, he was probably replaced by Alex Minei (the same from Kai The Final Chapters).
Maybe, but since UniDub hired Fábio to voice Zac Efron in "Dirty Grandpa" directly from Portugal, I think that it's really possible to them to hire Fábio again.

Of course, considering that UniDub is producing it, and not Sigma.

And what do you think about my casting supositions on the new Super characters?

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:53 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:If they coudn't get Fábio Lucindo to voice Kuririn, he was probably replaced by Alex Minei (the same from Kai The Final Chapters).
Maybe, but since UniDub hired Fábio to voice Zac Efron in "Dirty Grandpa" directly from Portugal, I think that it's really possible to them to hire Fábio again.

I liked your supositions for the new characters, specially Marco Aurélio Campos as Zamasu, he would be great for him.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

I liked your supositions for the new characters, specially Marco Aurélio Campos as Zamasu, he would be great for him.
And I thought on him to Zamasu not only because he works a lot for UniDub, but also because he did some of other Shinichiro Miki's roles, like Kisuke Urahara in Bleach and Takumi Fujiwara in Initial D series.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed May 03, 2017 4:16 pm

And finally, it's happening:

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... no-brasil/

For what we can see, the songs will be dubbed. Daniel Quirino is the interpreter, and we can see a bit of the lyrics of Chozetsu Dynamic Super into brazilian portuguese in the picture that Daniel shared.

RafaelLeon

Post by RafaelLeon » Wed May 03, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm actually very excited for this. So looking forward to see how Wendell deals with Black. Also pretty hyped for the opening.

Edit:

Apparently he erased the post, probably because of a confidentiality contract, but at this point it's pretty much clear that everything is in the works at full speed. I didn't know him, but I did some googling and found out that he sang the Brazilian version of "Believer" from Digimon Savers and I like the choice for Chozetsu Dynamic :)

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed May 03, 2017 10:44 pm

RafaelLeon wrote:I'm actually very excited for this. So looking forward to see how Wendell deals with Black. Also pretty hyped for the opening.

Edit:

Apparently he erased the post, probably because of a confidentiality contract, but at this point it's pretty much clear that everything is in the works at full speed. I didn't know him, but I did some googling and found out that he sang the Brazilian version of "Believer" from Digimon Savers and I like the choice for Chozetsu Dynamic :)

Well, the handling of Black's voice will depend of who they will cast as Zamasu, since Zamasu and Black are one.

And I agree, Daniel was a great choice. And he sung all Digimon Savers' musics into brazilian portuguese, not only Believer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpx2OV2M1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zezOe1UUSZg

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that this dub will be great. UniDub is one of the most expensive and well prepared dubbing companies in Brazil. And with Wendel Bezerra as the ADR director I'm pretty sure that they are doing an amazing job.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm

My god, I'm so excited about it! Is there any date to air or something? Could we expect all the original dub that came back in Ressurection Of F in this?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 04, 2017 1:57 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:My god, I'm so excited about it! Is there any date to air or something? Could we expect all the original dub that came back in Ressurection Of F in this?
Probably will be aired by Cartoon Network in the second half of the year.

And the dub is being produced by UniDub, that already did the dubs of Battle of Gods and Ressurection 'F'. So yeah, surely most of the original cast is back.

They received 80 episodes for now to record. Probably are in the middle of Battle of Gods arc or Ressurection F arc. But this is just a hint of me.

Also, I don't know if you did read the rest of the topic, but there are some informations more in the past comments.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm really happy you guys are officially getting your dub but what the else is wrong with the lyric for your opening? The metrics are all over the place.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:I'm really happy you guys are officially getting your dub but what the else is wrong with the lyric for your opening? The metrics are all over the place.
Oh, I think they will re-adapt it again. Maybe it's just a literal translation serving as basis to the studio.

For sure are not the final lyrics. Judging by Wendel and Quirino's previews work in Digimon Savers (links above), they will write it again and again until make the metrics being spot on.
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:I'm really happy you guys are officially getting your dub but what the else is wrong with the lyric for your opening? The metrics are all over the place.
Oh, I think they will re-adapt it again. Maybe it's just a literal translation serving as basis to the studio.
I hope so. But since the photo had him with the lyrics in front of a mic ready to record I don't know. I wonder if the endings will also be dubbed? I just hope you guys get a great dub and I can't wait to hear your Black. The portuguese language deserves to have to great Blacks :lol: .
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
I hope so. But since the photo had him with the lyrics in front of a mic ready to record I don't know. I wonder if the endings will also be dubbed? I just hope you guys get a great dub and I can't wait to hear your Black. The portuguese language deserves to have to great Blacks :lol: .
Well, I hope so too.

And I have an actualization: Daniel Quirino erased the picture from his Instagram/Facebook profile. Probably he took some kind of punishing for publishing it. So it's really possible that the dub is still under confidenciality ... even if a lot of people already knows that this dub is being produced.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
I'm not to worried about Black's voice tbh. If the previews Wendel gave are anything to consider, his voice number 4 is fantastic and fits the character perfectly.

I'm only slightly worried about Zamasu.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 04, 2017 5:57 pm

MathSSJ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
I'm not to worried about Black's voice tbh. If the previews Wendel gave are anything to consider, his voice number 4 is fantastic and fits the character perfectly.

I'm only slightly worried about Zamasu.
Probably we will have someone as Marco Aurélio Campos, Ricardo Bressan, or maybe Ulisses Bezerra as Zamasu, so I'm not really worried. For sure they will do a good casting choice for his voice.

UniDub usually does great casting choices when comes to anime. Excellent examples of it are The Boy and the Beast, the Detective Conan movies that were dubbed by them, or even Battle of Gods, considering Whis and Beerus' voices.

I also bet that Júnior Nannetti (the other guy in the live with Wendel) will dub some character. Someone like Botamo, Magetta or even Toppo.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:I also bet that Júnior Nannetti (the other guy in the live with Wendel) will dub some character. Someone like Botamo, Magetta or even Toppo.
Does Nannetti do voice work? I didn't know. He sounds more like Champa or Monaka imo.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri May 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:I also bet that Júnior Nannetti (the other guy in the live with Wendel) will dub some character. Someone like Botamo, Magetta or even Toppo.
Does Nannetti do voice work? I didn't know. He sounds more like Champa or Monaka imo.
Yeah, he does. His voice acting career is not so extensive and he doesn't work only as a voice actor. But he has some notable works, as for example Galio in League of Legends and Hanzo in Naruto Shippuden.

And I can't see him as Monaka, but as Champa maybe, even if I think that he wouldn't be casted for him.

For Champa I think they would cast someone like Caio César Oliveira or Paulo Porto. And for Monaka I don't have much idea of who they would cast, but I think that Renan Alonso, the voice of Morty in Rick and Morty would be great on him. However that probably will never happen, since Renan doesn't work with voice acting in the great São Paulo, where UniDub is localized, but only in Campinas 'till I know.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:26 pm

There is no confirmation for Krillin and Future Trunks original voice actors to return?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 am

jeffbr92 wrote:There is no confirmation for Krillin and Future Trunks original voice actors to return?
Until now, there isn't.

Fábio Lucindo(Krillin) is now living in Portugal because he is studying on Coimbra college, and that was the main reason he was replaced in a lot of stuff recently. Like Krillin in Kai The Final Chapters, Ash in Pokemon and some other stuff more. However, he can possibly be hired to do Krillin's voice directly from Portugal, as he did with Ash in Pokemon before the dub was transfered to Rio de Janeiro and the entire voice cast changed - and that was also the reason this happened, it was a bit more expensive than the normal to Pokemon Company and SDI Media to pay additional recording for just one actor ... so they changed the entire cast, after almost 20 years. Fuck logic.
Anyway, not stopping talk about the sad case that happened with the brazilian dub of Pokemon and returning the conversation to Krillin and DBS dub, Fábio and UniDub already worked together in those conditions before, as for example the movie "Dirty Grandpa" I've commented before. So, it's not impossible for Fábio to return.

Marcelo Campos(Future Trunks) in other way have a bigger chance to comeback. He still lives in Brazil but in the last 5 years he never did the same quantity of voice acting work he did in the 90's and 2000's. He is working more on publicity in the recent years and because of that he was replaced in some characters too, like Aries Mu in Saint Seiya, Yugi Muto in Bonds Beyond Time, and even Trunks in Resurrection F, when he bizarrely dubbed him in the official trailer, but not in the movie flashback.
However, as I said before, Wendel Bezerra is a great director and I'm sure he will call Marcelo again.

Also, talking about Trunks, Kid Trunks' actor is also not confirmed yet, but probably will be Vinny Takahashi again, who dubbed him in Battle of Gods and Kai TFC. What can be a trouble this time and it's the reason his voice is not confirmed yet is that when Vinny dubbed Kid Trunks in Kai The Final Chapters and in Battle of Gods he was like 14 or 15 years old, and now he is 19 and his voice already changed since then. And it makes me feeling that would be better if they have casted a woman to voice Kid Trunks in the recent media.
The original voice actor, Diego Marques, already didn't returned to Battle of Gods dub because his voice changed a lot since 1999. And it would suck if they cast a third brazilian voice for Kid Trunks, just because his young male actor can't do a real young voice anymore ... again.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:35 pm

According to Toei Animation Latin America, the brazilian portuguese and latin american spanish dubs will be released on TV only in january of the next year, 2018.

That sucks, I have to say.

Here is the source: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/toei-novida ... ca-latina/

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 am

So, for now, it will not be premiered anymore in 2018, but in 2017 in other channel than Cartoon Network:
http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... ca-latina/

jeffbr92 wrote:There is no confirmation for Krillin and Future Trunks original voice actors to return?
Just look: Tânia Gaidarji(Bulma) uploaded a picture with Fábio Lucindo with the description "Kuririn is alive". Fábio returned to Brazil a few weeks ago:
https://pt-br.facebook.com/taniagaidarj ... 4053819866