"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Goku and Mirai Trunks VS Black and Zamasu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzTV7vGQtI
I've yet to hear dub voices for Zamasu and Goku Black that I like.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:14 pm

I watched the two last episodes and what I can say is that in #61 they could have done better Goten and Chichi screams when they're about to get killed by Black, but Bezerra did a good job after, it didn't gave me chills as the original dub, but was still good.

SaintEvolution wrote:Episode 62 aired today and they added an unexpected reference. Vegeta literally said that Zamasu's power is over 8000.
This was not a reference, but a stupid decision of forcing a meme that is absent in the original script. It's not even funny as it doesn't make any sense, power levels were dropped long ago in the series, why would Vegeta said that out of nowhere about Zamasu?

I have no problem with dub adaptations, but this was unacceptable.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:24 pm

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Goku and Mirai Trunks VS Black and Zamasu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzTV7vGQtI
I've yet to hear dub voices for Zamasu and Goku Black that I like.
So you liked it or not?
Noah wrote:I watched the two last episodes and what I can say is that in #61 they could have done better Goten and Chichi screams when they're about to get killed by Black, but Bezerra did a good job after, it didn't gave me chills as the original dub, but was still good.

SaintEvolution wrote:Episode 62 aired today and they added an unexpected reference. Vegeta literally said that Zamasu's power is over 8000.
This was not a reference, but a stupid decision of forcing a meme that is absent in the original script. It's not even funny as it doesn't make any sense, power levels were dropped long ago in the series, why would Vegeta said that out of nowhere about Zamasu?

I have no problem with dub adaptations, but this was unacceptable.
It can be both, actually.

And I don't think Chichi's scream was bad, but it was low and the volume could be higher.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:31 pm

My comment was after watching the clip, so no, didn't like it.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 pm

sangofe wrote:My comment was after watching the clip, so no, didn't like it.
But, why?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:34 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
But, why?
Because I don't think the voices fit. Neither tone or pitch. Black's is especially a let down. His actor sounds uninspired.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 pm

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
But, why?
Because I don't think the voices fit. Neither tone or pitch. Black's is especially a let down. His actor sounds uninspired.
For dubbing Black Bezerra talks lower and slowly, what is good. But in that scene he also screamed lower and slowly, what I agree, isn't good. In that scene at least.
But, being fair, he really knew how to imitate Zamasu's actor's way of speeching, and that is very important when comes to a dub of Goku Black's character.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:40 pm

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
But, why?
For dubbing Black Bezerra talks lower and slowly, what is good. But in that scene he also screamed lower and slowly, what I agree, isn't good. In that scene at least.
But, being fair, he really knew how to imitate Zamasu's actor's way of speeching, and that is very important when comes to a dub of Goku Black's character.
I don't think they should imitate each other's way of speaking. They don't in the original version. Really, I don't think there'll be any Black worthy of Nozowa's. Her's sounds so incredibly evil and no other black has managed that feat.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:38 pm

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
I don't think they should imitate each other's way of speaking. They don't in the original version. Really, I don't think there'll be any Black worthy of Nozowa's. Her's sounds so incredibly evil and no other black has managed that feat.
Actually, if you hear with attention when both Black and Zamasu are talking to each other in the japanese version, Nozawa sounds a lot like Shinichiro Miki when she dubs Goku Black. Not in the tone of voice obviously since Nozawa is a female and Miki is a male, but in pitch and in the way of speaking. And this is correct since Goku Black is Zamasu talking in Goku's body.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:08 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Actually, if you hear with attention when both Black and Zamasu are talking to each other in the japanese version, Nozawa sounds a lot like Shinichiro Miki when she dubs Goku Black. Not in the tone of voice obviously since Nozawa is a female and Miki is a male, but in pitch and in the way of speaking. And this is correct since Goku Black is Zamasu talking in Goku's body.
Show me 2-3 clips that shows what you're talking about. Because going from memory that's absolutely not how I remember it. Black has a much calmer delivery than Zamasu.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 am

sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Show me 2-3 clips that shows what you're talking about. Because going from memory that's absolutely not how I remember it. Black has a much calmer delivery than Zamasu.
Both Black and Zamasu's delivers are pretty calm and grim.

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZXUMbqCsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMX4ODy-hog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFF1gT1b5AY

They both speak calm and slow in the japanese version. And a good dub for Black and Zamasu has to capture it. You maybe don't like the brazilian one, but this dub is pretty accurate when comes to this point about Black and Zamasu.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Aren't they going a little bit too fast with this arc? I thought they would only voice a couple of episodes and then reprise from the beginning. Not that I don't like it, but I think it could be done in a better pacing.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:17 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Here:

They both speak calm and slow in the japanese version. And a good dub for Black and Zamasu has to capture it. You maybe don't like the brazilian one, but this dub is pretty accurate when comes to this point about Black and Zamasu.
Haven't been on the pc yet but Zamasu certainly does not speak calmly when he gets angry or hateful.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:22 am

Noah wrote:
Aren't they going a little bit too fast with this arc? I thought they would only voice a couple of episodes and then reprise from the beginning. Not that I don't like it, but I think it could be done in a better pacing.
Cartoon Network will broadcast the first 67 episodes and then will reprise it again. However, there are already 80 episodes dubbed into brazilian portuguese.
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
sangofe wrote:

Here:

Haven't been on the pc yet but Zamasu certainly does not speak calmly when he gets angry or hateful.
Of course, he needs to put emotion so he puts his voice higher. But, he diction is still the same, and that is what Masako Nozawa catches when she dubs Black.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
Noah wrote:
Cartoon Network will broadcast the first 67 episodes and then will reprise it again. However, there are already 80 episodes dubbed into brazilian portuguese.
sangofe wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Here:

Of course, he needs to put emotion so he puts his voice higher. But, he diction is still the same, and that is what Masako Nozawa catches when she dubs Black.
All right. They're more alike than what I remembered. So I admit you're right about they should be fairly alike. But I still don't like the voices and tone of Zamasu and Black in the brazilian dub. They sound flat and emotionless.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Cartoon Network will broadcast the first 67 episodes and then will reprise it again. However, there are already 80 episodes dubbed into brazilian portuguese.
It shouldn't be that much already, I think they could have more time to dub the episodes, then we could avoid gross errors like the totally out of context "Over 8000".
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

Noah wrote:It shouldn't be that much already, I think they could have more time to dub the episodes, then we could avoid gross errors like the totally out of context "Over 8000".
The "over 8000" line is not a error; it was intended to be like that. It could be a bad improvised line, but definitely not a error

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 am

Ikazvyr wrote:The "over 8000" line is not a error; it was intended to be like that. It could be a bad improvised line, but definitely not a error
Yes it is. It's not in the original script, it doesn't make sense in the context of the dialogue, it can't be even called an adaptation, but just a phrase throw there because it's a 'meme' among our fanbase and they thought fans would find it funny. That's unprofissional.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 am

Noah wrote:
Ikazvyr wrote:The "over 8000" line is not a error; it was intended to be like that. It could be a bad improvised line, but definitely not a error
Yes it is. It's not in the original script, it doesn't make sense in the context of the dialogue, it can't be even called an adaptation, but just a phrase throw there because it's a 'meme' among our fanbase and they thought fans would find it funny. That's unprofissional.
It's intentional though, time has nothing to do with that.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra