"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:The 2nd opening was sung by Rodrigo Rossi, and there will be a Full Version: https://www.jbox.com.br/2018/07/07/drag ... igo-rossi/
Era esse mesmo cara que queriam pra primeira abertura, não?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:54 am

Are there audience numbers for airings of this dub anywhere?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:The 2nd opening was sung by Rodrigo Rossi, and there will be a Full Version: https://www.jbox.com.br/2018/07/07/drag ... igo-rossi/
Era esse mesmo cara que queriam pra primeira abertura, não?
Well, I don't know if they wanted him for the first opening, but he sung the first ending, and his voice and performances are usually very well accepted.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Jiren will be voiced by Armando Tiraboschi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cxax6-fyGc

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 am

Jiren with the same voice as Boros from One Punch Man and Naraku from Inuyasha. Cool.

He also voiced Sorbet in the Super dub, and Ninja Murasaki in the very first original Dragon Ball dub produced for SBT.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:45 am

They're just dubbing the episodes now?
God, it will take so long to air in LatAm because of them :x

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:52 am

danielsan_190196 wrote:They're just dubbing the episodes now?
They've been dubbing for a while, they just announced Jiren's voice actor now. All the studios from LatAm get the episodes at the same time and they start recording around the same time. The only reason it's taking so long for the episodes to air is CN.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
They've been dubbing for a while, they just announced Jiren's voice actor now. All the studios from LatAm get the episodes at the same time and they start recording around the same time. The only reason it's taking so long for the episodes to air is CN.
Oops, ok then.
Sorry for overreacting :oops:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Yeah. If anything the Brazilian dubbing is going along more smoothly than the latin american one. Brenda Nava quit and or was fired by episode 120.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:19 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Oops, ok then.
Sorry for overreacting :oops:
No problem.
If I was in your spot I would also be very frustated knowing that CN has the episodes dubbed but isn't airing them.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm

So we don't have a release date yet?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Noah wrote:So we don't have a release date yet?
Nope, not yet.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:01 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Yeah. If anything the Brazilian dubbing is going along more smoothly than the latin american one. Brenda Nava quit and or was fired by episode 120.
What!? Why was she fired? When did this happen?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:55 pm

At the beginning of july, Wellington Lima said the dub was around the episode 98. Now, we passed the middle of august, and the dub probably reached, at least, the episode 110 or 115 maybe.

There will be one or two more reprises of the episodes 1-67 in Cartoon Network, and so, probably after that, we will get the new ones to watch.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:02 am

Wendel Bezerra confirmed he will voice Goku in the new movie, also: https://pt-br.facebook.com/Wendeldub/ph ... 88/?type=3

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Wendel Bezerra confirmed he will voice Goku in the new movie, also: https://pt-br.facebook.com/Wendeldub/ph ... 88/?type=3
If he didn't, the Brazilian dub wouldn't be as good as it is with him due to the fact that Bezerra is an amazing Goku and no one on the BR dub can really replace him unless it was an emergency. And you know, it's a damn shame Amazon Brazil doesn't sell Dragon Ball (BD/DVD) dubbed in Brazilian cause I'd like to buy it.

If anyone feels the need to "correct" me, it's fine to say Brazilian dub as it is and there are plenty of times shows and movies dubbed in BR are treated as "Versão Brasileira". BR is still partly Portuguese but they made their own independent version of the language.

Fun fact: The original Cinderella movie released in Portugal on VHS (titled: Gata Borralheira) featured the BR dub though a PT dub was later produced to replace it. Glad to own a copy of it, a family got rid of a considerable large VHS collection of Disney movies and I picked it up.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:51 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Wendel Bezerra confirmed he will voice Goku in the new movie, also: https://pt-br.facebook.com/Wendeldub/ph ... 88/?type=3
If he didn't, the Brazilian dub wouldn't be as good as it is with him due to the fact that Bezerra is an amazing Goku and no one on the BR dub can really replace him unless it was an emergency. And you know, it's a damn shame Amazon Brazil doesn't sell Dragon Ball (BD/DVD) dubbed in Brazilian cause I'd like to buy it.

If anyone feels the need to "correct" me, it's fine to say Brazilian dub as it is and there are plenty of times shows and movies dubbed in BR are treated as "Versão Brasileira". BR is still partly Portuguese but they made their own independent version of the language.

Fun fact: The original Cinderella movie released in Portugal on VHS (titled: Gata Borralheira) featured the BR dub though a PT dub was later produced to replace it. Glad to own a copy of it, a family got rid of a considerable large VHS collection of Disney movies and I picked it up.
Well, the brazilian DVDs aren't that good, even because they were cancelled at episode 52 (for both DB and DBZ series). Dragon Ball Super was not released yet, but I would like a Bluray release by Playarte, as they are doing with Saint Seiya Ômega, that is a less successful show even in Brazil (where Saint Seiya is a really huge franchise). But considering how incompetent Playarte are, I doubt they would do it.

About the "Versão Brasileira "stuff", it was a pretty common thing in the past, dubbing studios in Brazil were used to put an screen insert voice to say at the beginning of the shows/movies/etecetera "Versão Brasileira: (Name of the studio/ADR company)". In the case of DB for example, it was pretty common to hear in the beginning of the episodes "Versão Brasileira: Álamo" (witch means "Brazilian Version: Álamo"), since Álamo was the ADR Company that did most of the original series' dub in Brazil.
It would be equivallent in other dubs to put a screen voice saying "English Version: Okratron5000", or "English Version: FUNimation Entertainment", or "English Version: BangZoom Entertainment", or "Latin American Spanish Version: Intertrack".
But this is not so common anymore in brazilian dubbing. In Dragon Ball Super for example, the screen insert voice doesn't say it anymore. They just credit the studio "UniDub" at the post-producted credits in the ending.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 pm

He still not confirmed if Dado Monteiro or Cassius Romero and Ricardo Bressan will return to reprise their roles as Broly and Parugus, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 am

Noah wrote:
He still not confirmed if Dado Monteiro or Cassius Romero and Ricardo Bressan will return to reprise their roles as Broly and Parugus, right?
Judging his work on Super's dub there's a good chance they will at least try to bring them back, so I think it's pretty likely.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm