"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:Ending 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJFJgcEagT0
It's a well done adaptation and sounds good, but probably is the worse dubbed song between all the 4 endings dubbed until now. But being fair, the music in itself isn't that great too, so they could not do a miracle with it. The first three endings even in the original version are better than the 4th one too.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 pm

I didn't noticed in the actual episode, but did they got Afonso Amajones to reprise his role as Kibito in Z?

Also this might seem like a nitpick, but it's just me or there are too similar voices in the cast? (Jaco, the referee, Botamo and Cabba e.g)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Noah wrote:I didn't noticed in the actual episode, but did they got Afonso Amajones to reprise his role as Kibito in Z?

Also this might seem like a nitpick, but it's just me or there are too similar voices in the cast? (Jaco, the referee, Botamo and Cabba e.g)
Kibito is being voiced by Antônio Moreno, who was already dubbing him in Kai The Final Chapters. Amajones didn't come back.

And the dubbers of Jaco, the Referee, Botamo and Cabba are mostly newcomers with young voices. Well Jaco and Cabba's actors are not newcomers, they have more than 10 years of voice acting, but if you look for their roles, most of them are mostly teenagers or young boys. And with "newcomers", I'm talking about actors with less than 6 or 5 years of career; this isn't exactly so "new", but I think you got my point.

Anyway, I liked the last episodes. The Kaioken scene was well delivered. And I got surprised since the Galatic King's "penis" scene wasn't censored.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 pm

I couldn't tell, did they dub Super Shenlong or just left the original voice?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:48 am

Sandubadear wrote:I couldn't tell, did they dub Super Shenlong or just left the original voice?
I compared the Super Shenlong scene in both japanese and portuguese, and they didn't dubbed him. They lefted his voice in the original japanese version, since his speaking in the language of gods doesn't need to be translated to another language.

And I saw some people complaining about Zen-oh's voice, but it sounds pretty okay to me. They even kept his "ummm" and "ne" grunts in the dub, and wasn't a problem since "né" is an actual word in portuguese and it makes sense in the context of the character to say it at the end of the sentence. I don't know why those guys were complaining about his voice.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 am

SaintEvolution wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:I couldn't tell, did they dub Super Shenlong or just left the original voice?
I compared the Super Shenlong scene in both japanese and portuguese, and they didn't dubbed him. They lefted his voice in the original japanese version, since his speaking in the language of gods doesn't need to be translated to another language.

And I saw some people complaining about Zen-oh's voice, but it sounds pretty okay to me. They even kept his "ummm" and "ne" grunts in the dub, and wasn't a problem since "né" is an actual word in portuguese and it makes sense in the context of the character to say it at the end of the sentence. I don't know why those guys were complaining about his voice.
I understand the complaints. I've listened to it and I think it needs to be a little more boy sounding, just a little tiny bit and it would have been perfect.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

I understand the complaints. I've listened to it and I think it needs to be a little more boy sounding, just a little tiny bit and it would have been perfect.
In the japanese version Zeno sounds so annoying as in the brazilian one. I didn't saw much difference.

Now, sharing some news:

- Casa do Kame revealled that Daishinkan's voice in the dub will be Yuri Chesman.

- The new transformations and techniques, it seems that "Super Saiyajin Rosé", "Hakai" and other japanese therms will be kept untranslated in the dub. This is good news.

About Daishinkan's voice, I don't know why they choose Yuri to be the voice of him. He already is the current voice of adult Goten and also dubbed Gohan in the Cell Games episodes too. It's kinda disappointing. I was expecting someone as Nestor Chiesse or Wallace Costa as this character.
Maybe they wanted to do a joke since Yuri is the voice of Saitama in One Punch Man, and as Saitama in the OPM universe, Daishinkan is the strongest warrior in Dragon Ball. But I don't know.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Has anyone told Bezerra how annoying is Champa "shut up, woman" to Vados yet? Is not funny at all, I don't remember him being that dismissive towards her in the original.

I think Rollo acting in Episode 36 could be better, his Vegeta suffered from his bad yellings, also I was really expecting him to use "Resplendor Final" and "Galick Ho" like in the original Z dub instead of "Final Flash" and "Galick Gun".
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 am

Noah wrote:Has anyone told Bezerra how annoying is Champa "shut up, woman" to Vados yet? Is not funny at all, I don't remember him being that dismissive towards her in the original.

I think Rollo acting in Episode 36 could be better, his Vegeta suffered from his bad yellings, also I was really expecting him to use "Resplendor Final" and "Galick Ho" like in the original Z dub instead of "Final Flash" and "Galick Gun".
Wendel Bezerra isn't the dubbing director anymore, he is only the producer since he is the owner of the studio. He checks the final results and give some coordination and supervising to Wellington Lima, who is the director now, and the rest of the staff team.
About the "shut up, woman", I think that most of the fans are liking it. Most of the commentaries about the dub of Champa I read are positive.

And Rollo tried to imitate Ryo Horikawa's yellings in the episode 36, it was an artistic choice and don't think it was the best one, but it could be worse.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Black Arc will start tomorrow on Cartoon Network. The episode 47's preview is already out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XURG3rlcSk

It's good to hear Marcelo Campos as Trunks again.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Black Arc will start tomorrow on Cartoon Network. episode 47's preview is already out. It's good to hear Marcelo Campos as Trunks again.
Honestly I didn't expect the dub to reach this point so soon, I mean 1 year and 4 months after the arc debut in Japan? That's exciting. Also I'm glad to see Campos return as Future Trunks, he was present in RoF trailer and in the movie flashback.
SaintEvolution wrote:- Casa do Kame revealled that Daishinkan's voice in the dub will be Yuri Chesman.
Didn't like much the choice. I mean Chesman usually voice teenagers characters like GT Goten e.g, the Grand Priest has a deep voice in the original.
Ikazvyr wrote:To be very honest, although I'm a huge fan of Campanile's voice and career, I never liked his portrayal of Freeza in Z. He was too manly and old to a character meant to be androgynous and a little childish. Hamilton Ricardo would've an better Freeza with a good director since he was talented, but we all know how was even the original cast doing Kai.
Although I enjoy Campanile performance in Z and now in Super, I also agree that Hamilton would be better Freeza than him, I mean he was the voice in Kai, right? One of the few voices I liked in that dub.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

That was a really nice episode, Marcelo Campos performance was outstanding. I always thought his voice fits to Future Trunks character as I think it's close to Takeshi Kusao tone. I also give props to Letícia Quinto, her performance as Future Mai was top-notch.

But, one negative side, probably the most expected in this episode was Wendel Bezerra as Goku Black and sadly I didn't like it. I remember he made a video asking fans which voice tone could be chosen and many liked voices 2 and 4 that were close to Masako Nozawa tone, but unfortunately he opted for raspy voice tone. Also "little Saiyan" was an unnecessary add on his first line, he could simply end it with "Saiyan" as the original and it would be more impactful. I hope he improves in the next episode.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

I don't like how Black's voice is so raspy. You know, Alfredo Rollo also did it in TFC portraying Majin Vegeta and it is very weird. I was expecting a more calm, elegant and deeper voice. Well, at least the acting is very good and it is possible to differ Goku from Black. I think I'll get used to this voice

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:I don't like how Black's voice is so raspy. You know, Alfredo Rollo also did it in TFC portraying Majin Vegeta and it is very weird. I was expecting a more calm, elegant and deeper voice. Well, at least the acting is very good and it is possible to differ Goku from Black. I think I'll get used to this voice
The voice sounded raspy, but we will judge it much better in the next episode, since Black only had a few lines in the 47.
Noah wrote:That was a really nice episode, Marcelo Campos performance was outstanding. I always thought his voice fits to Future Trunks character as I think it's close to Takeshi Kusao tone. I also give props to Letícia Quinto, her performance as Future Mai was top-notch.

But, one negative side, probably the most expected in this episode was Wendel Bezerra as Goku Black and sadly I didn't like it. I remember he made a video asking fans which voice tone could be chosen and many liked voices 2 and 4 that were close to Masako Nozawa tone, but unfortunately he opted for raspy voice tone. Also "little Saiyan" was an unnecessary add on his first line, he could simply end it with "Saiyan" as the original and it would be more impactful. I hope he improves in the next episode.
The "little Saiyajin" instead of only "Saiyajin" was added because of lip flaps, I think.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 am

Maybe it was too soon to judge Bezerra perfomance based on just one line in Episode 47. He was terrific in this episode, can't wait to see him as both Goku and Black in Episode 50. Probably a nitpick, but the narrator translating japanese stuff while Pilaf was solving the math problem was a little bit off. I liked Yajirobe and Karin voice actors, don't recall their names now, but are they new in the role?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:46 am

Noah wrote:Maybe it was too soon to judge Bezerra perfomance based on just one line in Episode 47. He was terrific in this episode, can't wait to see him as both Goku and Black in Episode 50. Probably a nitpick, but the narrator translating japanese stuff while Pilaf was solving the math problem was a little bit off. I liked Yajirobe and Karin voice actors, don't recall their names now, but are they new in the role?
Yeah, it was annoying the narrator translations
And no, Karin and Yajirobe VA's are not new in the DB series.
Karin VA is Fabio Moura, he dubbed Karin in DB and DB Kai.
Yajirobe VA is Rodrigo Andreatto, he voiced Yajirobe in some lines in Boo Saga, replacing Vagner Fagundes(Adult Gohan VA)

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Rodrigo Andreatto is also Dende in BoG and Super

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Didn't know Gabriela Milani could sing too.

She sounds pretty good :D