"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Rodrigo Andreatto is also Dende in BoG and Super
Yup. He is doing both Dende and Yajirobe in Super. I'm just afraid of what they will if Uub appears together with Dende and Yajirobe in the future, since Rodrigo voiced him as an adult/teen in Dragon Ball GT.
Tian wrote:
Didn't know Gabriela Milani could sing too.

She sounds pretty good :D
When it comes to anime stuff she also sungs Yokai Watch's musics too.

It's she singing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q5blqUwMUM

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Wow, Bezerra really did a good job voicing both Goku and Black, will be nice to rewatch this arc dubbed. Can't wait now to see Zamasu VA in action :)

Tian wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:Ending 5
Didn't know Gabriela Milani could sing too. She sounds pretty good :D
Don't know what gave me the impression it was actually Jussara Marques (GT Pan VA) singing lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Wellington Lima said in his Instagram stories that Unidub already received new episodes to dub.
How many episodes do you think they got?
Just to remember, there was a rumor that the studio received about 80 episode to dub and we know they finished Zamasu arc weeks ago.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Zamasu has a great voice. Gowasu on the other hand...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Glauco Marques is great as Zamasu :D
Fábio de Castro's Gowasu is okay...not good but not bad either.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 pm

I also share the same thoughts, though I want to wait to see more of Glauco Marques, but Fabio de Castro is not good as Gowasu voice, but not bad either. Hope to get used soon.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 am

Daishinkan's voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_O0rF96IY

At least sounds quite different of his voice for Goten. I was afraid of it since its the same actor.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:52 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Daishinkan's voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_O0rF96IY

At least sounds quite different of his voice for Goten. I was afraid of it since its the same actor.
Do you happen to know how old is Yuri? yesterday, I checked in a Wiki and it said he was born in 1984 but I think is false.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Tian wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Daishinkan's voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_O0rF96IY

Do you happen to know how old is Yuri? yesterday, I checked in a Wiki and it said he was born in 1984 but I think is false.
I don't know the year exactly, but 1984 is a possible hint I think. Yuri Chesman started to do voice acting in the 90's when he was a kid/teenager. Considering that he was born in 1984, he was something like 15 or 16 years old when he dubbed Gohan in the Cell Games episodes and 18 or 19 years old when he dubbed Goten in the last episodes of Z and in GT.

He also dubbed adult Goten in Kai TFC I think, but he has a good range to make his voice younger. So I don't think he had any problem to do it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:08 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Daishinkan's voice

I still don't like the choice, I think the Grand Priest fits more with a manly/deep voice, but whatever
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 am

Tian wrote:Do you happen to know how old is Yuri? yesterday, I checked in a Wiki and it said he was born in 1984 but I think is false.
I believe it is correct. He's not so young and his natural voice isn't his signature kid/teenager voice. I know he's older than 30 by a lecture he did to promote One-Punch Man's dub

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Goku and Mirai Trunks VS Black and Zamasu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzTV7vGQtI

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:14 pm

6th ending, sung by Ricardo Cruz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3bSOwer7iE

Ricardo Cruz is also a guest member of JAM Project, probably some non-brazilian people know his voice because of that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Once again I say I regret for criticizing Bezerra as Black VA in his first line in episode 47. He totally nail it! Rosé Black flamboyant speech was great! Still good in our language and so close to the original. But I don't liking much Zamasu VA, I think his tone sometimes reminds me Rollo's Vegeta.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Noah wrote: I think his tone sometimes reminds me Rollo's Vegeta.
No doubt the guys at Dublanet were right about this. Glauco and Alfredo really sound similar.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Noah wrote:Once again I say I regret for criticizing Bezerra as Black VA in his first line in episode 47. He totally nail it! Rosé Black flamboyant speech was great! Still good in our language and so close to the original. But I don't liking much Zamasu VA, I think his tone sometimes reminds me Rollo's Vegeta.
Tian wrote:
Noah wrote: I think his tone sometimes reminds me Rollo's Vegeta.
No doubt the guys at Dublanet were right about this. Glauco and Alfredo really sound similar.
Glauco Marques's voice is much more heavy than Shinichiro Miki's one. Rollo's voice at least from 10 or 15 years until now has became deeper and heavier too. So I understand the comparison between than.

But I think Glauco is doing a great job with Zamasu, since the acting fits a lot with the character. In other hand Gowasu could be better.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:09 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:In other hand Gowasu could be better.
I agree. I thought it was a lazy casting at first but then I remembered there were few old VAs in Sao Paulo and even some of them don't work in all the studios like Flavio Dias, José Carlos Guerra and Orlando Viggiani.

Since Antonio Moreno, Armando Tirasbochi, Carlos Campanile, Carlos Silveira, Gileno Santoro and Walter Cruz already have characters in the series, I think they didn't have other options for the character.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 am

Tian wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:In other hand Gowasu could be better.
I agree. I thought it was a lazy casting at first but then I remembered there were few old VAs in Sao Paulo and even some of them don't work in all the studios like Flavio Dias, José Carlos Guerra and Orlando Viggiani.

Since Antonio Moreno, Armando Tirasbochi, Carlos Campanile, Carlos Silveira, Gileno Santoro and Walter Cruz already have characters in the series, I think they didn't have other options for the character.
There are some old VAs more in São Paulo, like João Ângelo, Roberto Prates, Luiz Amorim, Walter Breda and Paulo Ivo. Walter and Paulo worked on voice acting in the 80's and 90's, stopped at the early 2000's and returned now. Walter include was the original voice of King Kai in Brazilian portuguese, but he doesn't dub the character anymore.

About the other actors you talked about until I know they don't have problems with the rest of studios, they are just busy with direction and other staff positions in some dubbing houses. Orlando Viggiani also can be old but since his voice isn't that old he is mostly casted for middle aged men; and the same goes to Armando Tiraboschi.
About Orlando, I think he would be a good option for Jiren's voice, but probably it will not happen.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Episode 62 aired today and they added an unexpected reference. Vegeta literally said that Zamasu's power is over 8000.