"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:43 pm

And now it's official: http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/dragon-ball ... n-network/

Dragon Ball Super will be premiered in Brazil by Cartoon Network in August, 5th in a special with the first 4 episodes. Then they will start airing the series day-to-day at 11pm with reprises at 3:30pm.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 am

I would say "it's not official since there's not an official announcement yet", but ANMTV is kinda reliable so... IT'S ALMOST OFFICIAL! Those 'leaks' were just to tease us :)

There was an clip of an dubbed scene that was labeled fandub by an Facebook page, but the voices were so similar that it raised some eyebrows. It was Goku and Vegeta doing some push-ups in Beerus' planet, so it'll take a while to confirm. I will find it and post here later

Also, Toei gave latin America 80 episodes apparently, so no early reprises I presume

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am

Ikazvyr wrote:Also, Toei gave latin America 80 episodes apparently, so no early reprises I presume

I hope so.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:03 am

Great news that you guys are finally getting your dub. Hope Turner doesn't screw up your dub with censorship like it did with Spain and France.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Great news that you guys are finally getting your dub. Hope Turner doesn't screw up your dub with censorship like it did with Spain and France.
Toei had to say that they send all episodes uncensored,, so it will be absolute Turner's fault if it happens. DB and DBZ came absolutely uncensored since we had every single scene dubbed in PlayArte DVDs and now in Rede Brasil broadcast, but never in Cartoon Network, Band (the early broadcasts were uncensored though) and Globo
And thank you for your support! We're in Brazil are very happy since everything seems to be going right. I'm curious to see if the cast is gonna be the same as Z or if we'll get some little changes like BoG and RoF. For the latin american dub, Toei said "keep the movies dub and one specific from Kai", so I'm curious to see which instructions they gave to us

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Great news that you guys are finally getting your dub. Hope Turner doesn't screw up your dub with censorship like it did with Spain and France.
Ikazvyr wrote:
Toei had to say that they send all episodes uncensored,, so it will be absolute Turner's fault if it happens. DB and DBZ came absolutely uncensored since we had every single scene dubbed in PlayArte DVDs and now in Rede Brasil broadcast, but never in Cartoon Network, Band (the early broadcasts were uncensored though) and Globo
And thank you for your support! We're in Brazil are very happy since everything seems to be going right. I'm curious to see if the cast is gonna be the same as Z or if we'll get some little changes like BoG and RoF. For the latin american dub, Toei said "keep the movies dub and one specific from Kai", so I'm curious to see which instructions they gave to us
What surprises me is that Cartoon Network is already promoting the series, with more than a month until the premiere date. Look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/casadokamebr/v ... 811354324/

I mean, it's really surprising to see Cartoon Network threating so well an anime series in Brazil after so many years.

Can that be a signal for something else? Like, I don't know... maybe a return for Toonami in Brazil?

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:56 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Can that be a signal for something else? Like, I don't know... maybe a return for Toonami in Brazil?
I don't believe Toonami would return now, but getting One Piece redubbed based on the original version would be great if that happens

Here's the scene I said it was fandubbed: https://www.facebook.com/KamiSamaExplor ... 298502815/. It's really well made

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Can that be a signal for something else? Like, I don't know... maybe a return for Toonami in Brazil?
I don't believe Toonami would return now, but getting One Piece redubbed based on the original version would be great if that happens

Here's the scene I said it was fandubbed: https://www.facebook.com/KamiSamaExplor ... 298502815/. It's really well made
I don't believe that Toonami would return so soon too, but that can be a signal maybe, I don't know.

And One Piece redubbed based in the original japanese version with the old cast would be a dream, but I don't have so many hopes about it. However, if Toei is really planning to release the series again in Brazil, everything can happens.

Also, the fandub is pretty good. They imitate Wendel Bezerra and Alfredo Rollo's voices really well as Goku and Vegeta

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:11 am

Now I can say that IT'S OFFICIAL!!!
Cartoon Network apparently aired yesterday an teaser/commercial for Super confirming the debut date: August 5th! SaintEvolution posted it up there and you can check right here: https://www.facebook.com/casadokamebr/v ... 811354324/
BUUUUUT this seems to be fake. After some research, I couldn't find any other source than this record and there's a few issues with this, like CN logo in the corner when it doesn't usually appears in commercials

"But HOW THE HELL could you tell us it's official if this is apparently fake?" Because GOKU HIMSELF TOLD US!
Wendel Bezerra posted a new video confirming that everything is being dubbed at UniDub, his dubbing company. Tânia Gaidarji also appeared in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-ZkD-beR4

Confirmed voices until now:
Goku - Wendel Bezerra
Vegeta - Alfredo Rollo
Bulma - Tânia Gaidarji
Mr. Satan - Guilherme Lopes
Kuririn - Fábio Lucindo (YES! He is recording in Portugal)
Piccolo - Luiz Antônio Lobue
Gohan - Vagner Fagundes
Boo - Wellington Lima
Turtle Hermit/Muten Roshi - Gileno Santoro
Future Trunks - Marcelo Campos

Director: Wendel Bezerra (episodes 1~8), Wellington Lima (episode 9 foward)

Those confirmations are in the video. Marcelo Campos as Trunks was told by Tânia in her Facebook. Source: https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 0402083686
Likely everyone who returned in BoG in RoF will reprise their roles. Wendel also said that "everyone who was changed in another circumstance is back", which is somehow untrue, but not exactly a lie. We can expect that ALMOST everyone will be back at least, like Walter Breda as Kaioh and Francisco Brêtas as Kaiohshin. The only voices that will NOT return at all are those who already died (obviously) and Diogo Marques as Kid Trunks since he dubbed Boo saga as a real kid. Who did Trunks in BoG was another kid, Vinny Takahashi, but he already grew and his voice will not match Trunks, so I think we'll have an new Kid Trunks

Like I said, ANMTV is kinda reliable. Wendel and his wife, Aline (who is recording this video), were talking about their scoop, citing the same debut date: August 5th. So apparently everything we knew is true: 2 hour debut special (episodes 1~4), daily broadcast (except sundays), airing at 11 PM, reprising at 3:30 PM

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Now I can say that IT'S OFFICIAL!!!
Cartoon Network apparently aired yesterday an teaser/commercial for Super confirming the debut date: August 5th! SaintEvolution posted it up there and you can check right here: https://www.facebook.com/casadokamebr/v ... 811354324/
BUUUUUT this seems to be fake. After some research, I couldn't find any other source than this record and there's a few issues with this, like CN logo in the corner when it doesn't usually appears in commercials

"But HOW THE HELL could you tell us it's official if this is apparently fake?" Because GOKU HIMSELF TOLD US!
Wendel Bezerra posted a new video confirming that everything is being dubbed at UniDub, his dubbing company. Tânia Gaidarji also appeared in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-ZkD-beR4

Confirmed voices until now:
Goku - Wendel Bezerra
Vegeta - Alfredo Rollo
Bulma - Tânia Gaidarji
Mr. Satan - Guilherme Lopes
Kuririn - Fábio Lucindo (YES! He is recording in Portugal)
Piccolo - Luiz Antônio Lobue
Gohan - Vagner Fagundes
Boo - Wellington Lima
Turtle Hermit/Muten Roshi - Gileno Santoro
Future Trunks - Marcelo Campos

Director: Wendel Bezerra (episodes 1~8), Wellington Lima (episode 9 foward)

Those confirmations are in the video. Marcelo Campos as Trunks was told by Tânia in her Facebook. Source: https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 0402083686
Likely everyone who returned in BoG in RoF will reprise their roles. Wendel also said that "everyone who was changed in another circumstance is back", which is somehow untrue, but not exactly a lie. We can expect that ALMOST everyone will be back at least, like Walter Breda as Kaioh and Francisco Brêtas as Kaiohshin. The only voices that will NOT return at all are those who already died (obviously) and Diogo Marques as Kid Trunks since he dubbed Boo saga as a real kid. Who did Trunks in BoG was another kid, Vinny Takahashi, but he already grew and his voice will not match Trunks, so I think we'll have an new Kid Trunks

Like I said, ANMTV is kinda reliable. Wendel and his wife, Aline (who is recording this video), were talking about their scoop, citing the same debut date: August 5th. So apparently everything we knew is true: 2 hour debut special (episodes 1~4), daily broadcast (except sundays), airing at 11 PM, reprising at 3:30 PM
These are really great news. Finally someone openly talked about it.

But just a correction: Fábio returned to Brazil a few weeks ago, so he is initially recording the episodes in Brazil, and not in Portugal.

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:25 pm

What can I say, this is a dream coming true. I hope it starts with the Universe 6 Saga.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Rhuagh wrote:What can I say, this is a dream coming true. I hope it starts with the Universe 6 Saga.
Not happening. The chances of that happening are below 0.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Marcelo Pissardini and Felipe Grinnan confirmed as Bills (Beerus) and Whis respectively
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji2 ... 0961652175
Both voices from BoG (cinematic version) and RoF

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Rhuagh wrote:What can I say, this is a dream coming true. I hope it starts with the Universe 6 Saga.
For that will not happens. I agree that would be good if Super have started at the U6 Saga and not with the retelling of BoG and RoF arcs, but those episodes are part of the series too.
Gafonso6 wrote:
Not happening. The chances of that happening are below 0.
For sure. Every country aired the series since the first episode, and with Brazil and Latin America that will not be different.
Ikazvyr wrote:Marcelo Pissardini and Felipe Grinnan confirmed as Bills (Beerus) and Whis respectively
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji2 ... 0961652175
Both voices from BoG (cinematic version) and RoF
This doesn't surprises me actually. It was already expected. I'm more excited for the voices of the new characters.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:08 am

SaintEvolution wrote:This doesn't surprises me actually. It was already expected. I'm more excited for the voices of the new characters.
This is more to be a new information than a surprise. There's no actual surprises if Wendel said everyone will return. I'm just posting here confirmed informations so this topic can be complete

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:This doesn't surprises me actually. It was already expected. I'm more excited for the voices of the new characters.
This is more to be a new information than a surprise. There's no actual surprises if Wendel said everyone will return. I'm just posting here confirmed informations so this topic can be complete
I know. I was just saying.

Also, according to Tânia Gaidarji, Kid Trunks will be dubbed by a new actress called Marina Santana, and not by Vinny Takahashi anymore:
https://pt-br.facebook.com/taniagaidarj ... 0518100886

I was hopping they could cast Vinny for it, but he probably his voice doesn't match a childish tone anymore like it was in Battle of Gods.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Also, according to Tânia Gaidarji, Kid Trunks will be dubbed by a new actress called Marina Santana, and not by Vinny Takahashi anymore:

I was hopping they could cast Vinny for it, but he probably his voice doesn't match a childish tone anymore like it was in Battle of Gods.
Now that is a surprise! They are thinking ahead casting a woman since no one knows when Super will end and children voices flutuates. Movie 13's Trunks was Diogo Marques, but as a preteen his voice was deeper and hoarse. Didn't go well
I'm kinda against casting children to do children in animation. The reason why they do is obvious, of course, but animated characters tend to not age in a very long time, unlike voice actors. If it's in a movie, it's ok because movies are usually standalones, but many animated series usually go for years

About Vinny (now known as Vyni) Takahashi, here's an monologue he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1DibuxssU
This video is 3 years old, but you can have a notion. There's more recent videos (and even his own YouTube channel) if you wanna check

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Also, according to Tânia Gaidarji, Kid Trunks will be dubbed by a new actress called Marina Santana, and not by Vinny Takahashi anymore:

Now that is a surprise! They are thinking ahead casting a woman since no one knows when Super will end and children voices flutuates. Movie 13's Trunks was Diogo Marques, but as a preteen his voice was deeper and hoarse. Didn't go well
I'm kinda against casting children to do children in animation. The reason why they do is obvious, of course, but animated characters tend to not age in a very long time, unlike voice actors. If it's in a movie, it's ok because movies are usually standalones, but many animated series usually go for years

About Vinny (now known as Vyni) Takahashi, here's an monologue he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1DibuxssU
This video is 3 years old, but you can have a notion. There's more recent videos (and even his own YouTube channel) if you wanna check
I've saw it. His natural voice is not that hoarse in the nowdays. Since UniDub kept Pedro Alcântara voicing Conan Edogawa in the Detective Conan movies that were dubbed in the last year, I thought they would kept Vinny too. And Pedro is way older than Vinny, I have to say.

But I agree with the fact that now, with a female actress, they can kept her without more changes, and that is better for the cast consistency. However, I still thinks that Vinny's voice could work for Chibi Trunks. I mean, even now his voice it's not deeper than Takeshi Kusao's tone for him.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Tânia did 3 livestreams (it was supposed to be one, but it was in a car and via 4G, so it disconnected in the middle) with Marina. I've watched and went "WHAT THE FUCK?!" when she started to do her Trunks' impersonation, but for a good reason

Just a little recap: kid Trunks' original voice actor was Diogo Marques in DBZ. He was a kid and his voice couldn't keep with Trunks, an 'eternal' child, so Vyni Takahashi, another kid, did Trunks in Battle of Gods. His voice was very simmilar to the original that time and everyone praises it, sometimes confunding and even thinking it was Diogo. But again, another kid, another aging
When I've saw SaintEvolution's post, I was glad for the reasons I've cited, but there were some doubts: "Who is she? Is she a good VA? Would we, long time fans, getting easy adapted with the new voice or will take time?". To be honest, I'M ALREADY ADAPTED! Her voice is ALSO RESEMBLES DIOGO'S. At least when doing this caricate children voice; her natural voice is obviously different. This is another reason to be glad!
If you hear clearly, her voice somehow resembles more Vyni's than Diogo's, but that's not a bad thing

Marina Santana doing Trunks impersonation:
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji2 ... 2298103708
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 475053686/
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 507348686/

Diogo Marques for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mokvb5TBeo
(Couldn't find any Vyni's BoG video or sample on YouTube. Sorry!)

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:Tânia did 3 livestreams (it was supposed to be one, but it was in a car and via 4G, so it disconnected in the middle) with Marina. I've watched and went "WHAT THE FUCK?!" when she started to do her Trunks' impersonation, but for a good reason

Just a little recap: kid Trunks' original voice actor was Diogo Marques in DBZ. He was a kid and his voice couldn't keep with Trunks, an 'eternal' child, so Vyni Takahashi, another kid, did Trunks in Battle of Gods. His voice was very simmilar to the original that time and everyone praises it, sometimes confunding and even thinking it was Diogo. But again, another kid, another aging
When I've saw SaintEvolution's post, I was glad for the reasons I've cited, but there were some doubts: "Who is she? Is she a good VA? Would we, long time fans, getting easy adapted with the new voice or will take time?". To be honest, I'M ALREADY ADAPTED! Her voice is ALSO RESEMBLES DIOGO'S. At least when doing this caricate children voice; her natural voice is obviously different. This is another reason to be glad!
If you hear clearly, her voice somehow resembles more Vyni's than Diogo's, but that's not a bad thing

Marina Santana doing Trunks impersonation:
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji2 ... 2298103708
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 475053686/
https://www.facebook.com/taniagaidarji/ ... 507348686/

Diogo Marques for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mokvb5TBeo
(Couldn't find any Vyni's BoG video or sample on YouTube. Sorry!)
I'm surprised. She is really good and her Trunks sounds spot on, judging by these videos.

About Vinny's voice, you can find it on internet. Searching on Youtube just to compare.
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.