"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Wendel Bezerra(brazilian actor who dubs Goku) did a live on his Youtube channel today. Around the time of 43 minutes, someone asked him about Dragon Ball Super, and translating what he said to english it can be something like:

One year ago, they asked me about Dragon Ball Super and I was honest, saying that I was not knowing anything about it. Now, when they ask me about it, I can just say that I can't comment anything about it. Understanders will understand.
And then, he and Junior Nannetti(the other guy that is talking to him) started a large conversation about contracts of confidenciality.
With that, it became obvious that the brazilian dub of Super has already started, but under confidenciality. So, no voice actor until now said anything really factual about the dub and this is understandable. But the dub it's already being produced and we can surely say that, we just don't know the major details.
Also, we can surely say that Wendel Bezerra is in the cast as Goku, and much probably as Black too.

Also, here is the live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWxOkDoamt0
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by MathSSJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Oh, that's nice.

I know Fabio Lucindo is most likely not coming back for his role as Kuririn, but I wonder who else, if any, will be replaced.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 pm

MathSSJ wrote:Oh, that's nice.

I know Fabio Lucindo is most likely not coming back for his role as Kuririn, but I wonder who else, if any, will be replaced.
If Fábio don't come back for dub Krillin, he will be - or he already was - replaced by Alex Minei, who dubbed the character in The Final Chapters/Kai 2.0.

But I really want Unidub(Wendel Bezerra' studio) producing the dub of this. In this context I'm sure that Wendel and the rest of the staff would make some effort to have Lucindo dubbing Krillin directly from Portugal, like he did for Ash Ketchum in Pokemon dub when he moved to there.

But with the series being dubbed by Sigma(the studio that dubbed Kai 2.0), I think that they would not have that effort, as they hadn't in The Final Chapters.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:

If Fábio don't come back for dub Krillin, he will be - or he already was - replaced by Alex Minei, who dubbed the character in The Final Chapters/Kai 2.0.

But I really want Unidub(Wendel Bezerra' studio) producing the dub of this. In this context I'm sure that Wendel and the rest of the staff would make some effort to have Lucindo dubbing Krillin directly from Portugal, like he did for Ash Ketchum in Pokemon dub when he moved to there.

But with the series being dubbed by Sigma(the studio that dubbed Kai 2.0), I think that they would not have that effort, as they hadn't in The Final Chapters.
Honestly, as long as we don't get anything close to the travesty that was Kai 1.0, I'd be fine.

I'm more interested in the script tbh, especially Goku's speech. I have to wonder if they will loosen his way of speaking a bit to get closer to Nozawa. Wendel already went and acted a little closer to her Goku in the BoG and RoF dubs, but something like what Úrsula Bezerra did with young Goku in GT would be ideal IMO.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 pm

MathSSJ wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Honestly, as long as we don't get anything close to the travesty that was Kai 1.0, I'd be fine.

I'm more interested in the script tbh, especially Goku's speech. I have to wonder if they will loosen his way of speaking a bit to get closer to Nozawa. Wendel already went and acted a little closer to her Goku in the BoG and RoF dubs, but something like what Úrsula Bezerra did with young Goku in GT would be ideal IMO.
Well, I don't disagree. But my bigger interest in this dub are the voices of the new characters. Zamasu, Gowasu, Hit, Champa, Vados, Kabba and the others.

Also, if the dub continues on Sigma, not only Fábio Lucindo is most likely to not comeback, but Gileno Santoro(Kamesennin) and Guilherme Lopes(Mr. Satan), since they both don't work for Sigma anymore.
Obviously, even with those few changes, it would not be so horrible to watch as was Kai 1.0.

Potara_Vegetto

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:21 am

SaintEvolution wrote:Wendel Bezerra(brazilian actor who dubs Goku) did a live on his Youtube channel today. Around the time of 43 minutes, someone asked him about Dragon Ball Super, and translating what he said to english it can be something like:

One year ago, they asked me about Dragon Ball Super and I was honest, saying that I was not knowing anything about it. Now, when they ask me about it, I can just say that I can't comment anything about it. Understanders will understand.
And then, he and Junior Nannetti(the other guy that is talking to him) started a large conversation about contracts of confidenciality.
With that, it became obvious that the brazilian dub of Super has already started, but under confidenciality. So, no voice actor until now said anything really factual about the dub and this is understandable. But the dub it's already being produced and we can surely say that, we just don't know the major details.
Also, we can surely say that Wendel Bezerra is in the cast as Goku, and much probably as Black too.

The best Goku voice in the planet.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:00 am

Potara_Vegetto wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Wendel Bezerra(brazilian actor who dubs Goku) did a live on his Youtube channel today. Around the time of 43 minutes, someone asked him about Dragon Ball Super, and translating what he said to english it can be something like:

Also, some months ago, after being asked many times about DBS, he did a kind of preview of how Black would sound like in his voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK06x8bNqyw

He used 6 different tones for it. My favorites for sure are 2 and 4(and 5 too, because he joked it with his Spongebob voice).
Anyway, probably his Black will end sounding more or less like Homunculus Father from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that was dubbed by him too.

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Potara_Vegetto wrote:

Also, some months ago, after being asked many times about DBS, he did a kind of preview of how Black would sound like in his voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK06x8bNqyw

He used 6 different tones for it. My favorites for sure are 2 and 4(and 5 too, because he joked it with his Spongebob voice).
Anyway, probably his Black will end sounding more or less like Homunculus Father from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that was dubbed by him too.
Voice 2 and 4 rule.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:58 pm

I like voice 4.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I hope your Super dub doesn't turn out like the Kai dub, I saw just one episode of the Freeza Saga and oh boy...
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:I hope your Super dub doesn't turn out like the Kai dub, I saw just one episode of the Freeza Saga and oh boy...
It will not turn out like the Kai dub. Toei apparently learned the lesson when it came to licensing their series in Brazil and Latin America.

Sodhi wrote:I like voice 4.
Me too. I think it's the best voice between all of those.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Voice 4 is the best IMO. It's pretty much the Goku voice, as it should be. Once Zamasu is cast, hopefully we see some hints of the actors' performance reflected on Black a little bit

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:57 pm

MathSSJ wrote:Voice 4 is the best IMO. It's pretty much the Goku voice, as it should be. Once Zamasu is cast, hopefully we see some hints of the actors' performance reflected on Black a little bit
Talking about Zamasu, who do you want to see casted as him? I think that Marco Aurélio Campos or Hermes Baroli would be great choices for him. They never had big roles on Dragon Ball before. Hermes for example, only voiced young Master Tsuru in the original Dragon Ball. Marco Aurélio in other way, only dubbed Trunks in that RoF flashback, replacing Marcelo Campos (and it was weird, since Marcelo dubbed him in the trailer), but, was just a little flashback and it doesn't count much.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
MathSSJ wrote:Voice 4 is the best IMO. It's pretty much the Goku voice, as it should be. Once Zamasu is cast, hopefully we see some hints of the actors' performance reflected on Black a little bit
Talking about Zamasu, who do you want to see casted as him? I think that Marco Aurélio Campos or Hermes Baroli would be great choices for him. They never had big roles on Dragon Ball before. Hermes for example, only voiced young Master Tsuru in the original Dragon Ball. Marco Aurélio in other way, only dubbed Trunks in that RoF flashback, replacing Marcelo Campos (and it was weird, since Marcelo dubbed him in the trailer), but, was just a little flashback and it doesn't count much.
Completely biased for 2 specific scenes, but I'd love to see Guilherme Briggs going batshit insane as Zamasu at the end. His voice isn't like Shin'ichiro Miki at all, but he is such a good VA he can probably make it work.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 am

MathSSJ wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Completely biased for 2 specific scenes, but I'd love to see Guilherme Briggs going batshit insane as Zamasu at the end. His voice isn't like Shin'ichiro Miki at all, but he is such a good VA he can probably make it work.
The problem with Guilherme Briggs is that he lives in Rio de Janeiro, and Dragon Ball dubs are produced in São Paulo. I mean, Guilherme already dubbed Saint Seiya before in São Paulo but that was a special case. And, well, Guilherme is an amazing actor, but it wouldn't be my first choice here, his voice is a lot deep for Zamasu.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:45 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
MathSSJ wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
The problem with Guilherme Briggs is that he lives in Rio de Janeiro, and Dragon Ball dubs are produced in São Paulo. I mean, Guilherme already dubbed Saint Seiya before in São Paulo but that was a special case. And, well, Guilherme is an amazing actor, but it wouldn't be my first choice here, his voice is a lot deep for Zamasu.
Yeah, I know it's almost impossible for it to happen, just would've been fun for him to do the "SON GOKU!" and "YOU AGAIN TRUNKS!?" scenes.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:07 pm

MathSSJ wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
MathSSJ wrote: Completely biased for 2 specific scenes, but I'd love to see Guilherme Briggs going batshit insane as Zamasu at the end. His voice isn't like Shin'ichiro Miki at all, but he is such a good VA he can probably make it work.
Yeah, I know it's almost impossible for it to happen, just would've been fun for him to do the "SON GOKU!" and "YOU AGAIN TRUNKS!?" scenes.
I agree that it would be interesting, but I don't see his voice matching Zamasu. Also I'm curious if they will or not dub the theme songs. But that will be answered soon with the revelations of the Latin American spanish dub that are coming out, since the both dubs are part of the same licensing from Toei Latin America.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Melissa Garcia, Videl's voice actress, uploaded this photo on her Facebook:

https://pt-br.facebook.com/226372627402 ... 470871441/

She said
"When we dub a character that we love, but we can't say anything because of the contractual reasons
And she was recording it on Unidub, the studio that worked in BOG and ROF movies with direction of Wendel Bezerra.

And one more thing: Melissa is fairly away from dubbing in the last years. She is busy doing voice direction for some original brazilian cartoons like, for example, Jorel's Brother, that is broadcasted in Cartoon Network Latin America. In the last 5 or 6 years she only dubbed when she was called to make characters that she originally did before she started to direct brazilian cartoons, like Videl in Kai 2.0, BOG and ROF movies.
And because of that, it becomes a bit obvious that she is much probably dubbing Videl again, in Dragon Ball Super. Well, she has other anime roles, like Vivi in One Piece, Ami Mizuno in Sailor Moon, among many others, but being realistic, the chances of the character here being Videl are much bigger than others.

Oh yeah! I was almost forgotting to say, but her hair in the picture maybe can be a reference too.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Tânia Gaidarji(Bulma) also published this picture a few days ago, she was with Wendel Bezerra and with Cassius Romero, who is the original voice of Old Kai, Turles and Jimmy Firecracker in Dragon Ball franchise.

https://pt-br.facebook.com/taniagaidarj ... 9233505682
MathSSJ wrote:I know Fabio Lucindo is most likely not coming back for his role as Kuririn, but I wonder who else, if any, will be replaced.
Well, for what can be supposed until now, UniDub is the studio that is taking care of the brazilian dub, so I think that Fábio can maybe return, dubbing Krillin's lines directly from Portugal as he did with Ash Ketchum in Pokemon dubbing.

Judging for Unidub's last works with game, anime and live action stuff, I think we can have some casting choices like Marco Aurélio Campos as Zamasu, Italo Luiz as Kyabe, Cássia Biscéglia as Vados, Marco Antônio Abreu or Francisco Júnior as Hit, and maybe Mauro Ramos as Gowasu.

And, if the dub is really being produced by Unidub as all the suspicious do it seems to be, the "confirmed" cast until now is:

Goku/Black - Wendel Bezerra
Videl - Melissa Garcia
Vegeta - Alfredo Rollo (Alfredo is married with Melissa Garcia, so if she is dubbing, he is dubbing too, for sure)
Bulma - Tânia Gaidarji
Old Kai - Cassius Romero

Probably most of the entire cast will return, but until now, it's what we have.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:44 pm

If they coudn't get Fábio Lucindo to voice Kuririn, he was probably replaced by Alex Minei (the same from Kai The Final Chapters).