The wish at the end of the Universal Survival Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pantheon
Not-So-Newbie

The wish at the end of the Universal Survival Arc

Post by Pantheon » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 am

I posted this in the main thread but decided to make it it's own thread so i can find it easy to brag about it when i'm right :P

I just had an epiphany. I found the 28 planets thing odd but not unbelievable but why include it? Is this just to show us why universe 7 has a low mortal ranking? Or is it setting up for something else.

Universe 7 has 28 planets that are inhabited by sentient human like species but still has thousands or perhaps millions of uninhabited planets, why is this a thing in the narrative?

What if the wish at the end of the arc is to move the people from all the losing universes into universe 7.

I had this idea before but found it unbelievable because of how crowded it would be but with the recent information i think it might work. The problem with multiple universes is that they were separated in a way that made it narratively awkward and limited in the ways the characters can travel between them. However with this it makes it easier for all the multiversal races to interact and could be a catalyst for setting up multiple future arcs.

The problem after the Freeza saga was that they had defeated the biggest bad the universe had to offer and made the unknown seem much less threatening but with this happening it could bring back fear and mystery of the unknown out there in the universe.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The wish at the end of the Universal Survival Arc

Post by aravinthan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mind blown. But only fact which is against your theory is, our shin is definitely noob who had no knowledge about Zeno. What if he never had any statistics about our universe ?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Another topic proposed a similar scenario. My responce is that it would be opening a massive kettle of fish as the universe is an absolutely massive place. Goku and co can't act the universal guardians for everyone. Most of them don't even feel beholdened to these other realms as their motives are largely self-serving. Moreover, they have their own affairs on Earth to fret over. You can count on many multiversal adversaries emerging to attack Earth as they still feel Goku and Universe 7 is responsible for the debacle they're in right now. Forcibly wrenching them out of their respective universal homes to live as displaced refugees in the alien realm that damned them would just be adding insult to injury. Many of those characters wouldn't perceive a hypothetical wish of unity as an act of compassion. Goku's addictive lust for gratuitous combat doesn't come anywhere close to justifying the destruction of all their worlds in the eyes of the multiverse. You would probably have have gods and mortals alike conspiring to wipe out the earthlings and/or every native inhabitant of Universe 7. Forget the tournament -- the stakes would be raised to resemble interuniversal warfare.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Lionel wrote:Another topic proposed a similar scenario. My responce is that it would be opening a massive kettle of fish as the universe is an absolutely massive place. Goku and co can't act the universal guardians for everyone. Most of them don't even feel beholdened to these other realms as their motives are largely self-serving. Moreover, they have their own affairs on Earth to fret over. You can count on many multiversal adversaries emerging to attack Earth as they still feel Goku and Universe 7 is responsible for the debacle they're in right now. Forcibly wrenching them out of their respective universal homes to live as displaced refugees in the alien realm that damned them would just be adding insult to injury. Many of those characters wouldn't perceive a hypothetical wish of unity as an act of compassion. Goku's addictive lust for gratuitous combat doesn't come anywhere close to justifying the destruction of all their worlds in the eyes of the multiverse. You would probably have have gods and mortals alike conspiring to wipe out the earthlings and/or every native inhabitant of Universe 7. Forget the tournament -- the stakes would be raised to resemble interuniversal warfare.
That's certainly possible, but it might not necessarily play out that way. Back in the Universe 6 arc, several of the heroes noted that Earth switching universes wouldn't have a huge impact on their lives. If the inhabited systems all got moved, it wouldn't change much for the average person. It would have a greater impact on people like the Sadala Defense Force, the Pride Troopers and the Galactic Patrol, who would suddenly have many more worlds to worry about. On the other hand, all these heroic organizations would be operating out of the same universe which could lessen the workload of each.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lionel wrote:Another topic proposed a similar scenario. My responce is that it would be opening a massive kettle of fish as the universe is an absolutely massive place. Goku and co can't act the universal guardians for everyone. Most of them don't even feel beholdened to these other realms as their motives are largely self-serving. Moreover, they have their own affairs on Earth to fret over. You can count on many multiversal adversaries emerging to attack Earth as they still feel Goku and Universe 7 is responsible for the debacle they're in right now. Forcibly wrenching them out of their respective universal homes to live as displaced refugees in the alien realm that damned them would just be adding insult to injury. Many of those characters wouldn't perceive a hypothetical wish of unity as an act of compassion. Goku's addictive lust for gratuitous combat doesn't come anywhere close to justifying the destruction of all their worlds in the eyes of the multiverse. You would probably have have gods and mortals alike conspiring to wipe out the earthlings and/or every native inhabitant of Universe 7. Forget the tournament -- the stakes would be raised to resemble interuniversal warfare.
That's certainly possible, but it might not necessarily play out that way. Back in the Universe 6 arc, several of the heroes noted that Earth switching universes wouldn't have a huge impact on their lives. If the inhabited systems all got moved, it wouldn't change much for the average person. It would have a greater impact on people like the Sadala Defense Force, the Pride Troopers and the Galactic Patrol, who would suddenly have many more worlds to worry about. On the other hand, all these heroic organizations would be operating out of the same universe which could lessen the workload of each.
Yes it would since they would have to deal with the U6 humans. That wasn't the case in the Champa Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.