Who On Team U7 Should/Will Know The Stakes PRE TOP

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Who On Team U7 Should/Will Know The Stakes PRE TOP

Post by Kastex » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:41 pm

I've been thinking about this ever since the exhibition tournament held for the omni king some episodes ago when goku, gohan, beerus, etc all agreed it was a wise decision not to tell everyone about the whole universe erasure thing. they are now gathering team members to reach a total of 10 for the tournament of power. i'm pretty sure it that the main reason they (the characters) are not inclined to tell the other fighters about this is because they believe it will be an unnecessary burden on their minds to distract them while participating in the tournament. however, i also believe that it is necessary that certain key fighters on team universe 7 know the states, and perhaps they will somehow come to know the stakes before the tournament begins.

Who on team U7 do you believe should/will know the tournament of power stakes BEFORE the tournament begins?

As a bonus, who on team U7 do you believe should not or will not know the stakes before entering the tournament?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I personally feel that (other than goku and gohan) buu, picolo, android 17 and master roshi SHOULD be told about the TOP stakes before the tournament begins.

Buu:
for buu it's because it most likely won't take the tournament serious at all unless he knows the stakes (even if he can't comprehend the grand scale of it). i'm pretty sure buu at least understands what it means to destroy something large, or to kill someone. the exibition match was pretty intense too, but buu did not take it seriously at all until he realized that hercule could be hurt. if he understands that losing the tournament of power means that not only him, but hercule and everything else would be erased then he is sure to take things more seriously. he also needs to be pushed into his role as the support healer tank.

Picolo:
it's obvious that picolo loves life. he loves living and there are people and things in life that he loves dearly (maybe not the kind of love we as humans understand, but we have seen him sacrifice himself at least twice because of this love). it's the kind of love he will do what is necessary to protect. first of all, picolo is quite smart so i'm sure even if he's not told, he will find out soon enough. he's probably going to sense that something is wrong and ask gohan about it before the tournament starts anyway. it's necessary for picolo to know because he's freakin awesome. we've seen him take the leadership role many times (like vs vegeta and napa, vs Freeza, when cell showed up, ETC). we've seen him make very critical decisions many times (like buying time to prevent buu from killing all the Z warriors). his observation capabilities, deductive reasoning, strategic and tactical prowess are probably second to none. and he's freakin hilarious. keeping such an asset in the dark on critical information like this will only bring defeat.

Android 17:
let's be honest, he most likely will not agree to join the tournament of power unless he knows the stakes. he disappeared all those years for a reason (i'm sure is not because toriyama forgot about him). he won't come back just because of a tournament, or money, or the super dragon balls. it will be because the universe is at stake. also, it's obvious he has the tendency to be arrogant, cocky, and careless UNLESS he actually knows what's on the table.

Master Roshi:
i highly doubt master roshi as well will agree to participate unless he knows the stakes, or is offered a really good bribe. besides, we don't want him throwing the match once he gets a little bit tired (like against tien).

if i'm being practical, i'd say that the entire team should be told before for fear of the truth being revealed to them in the middle of battle. now THAT would be a disaster. for the sake of this thread, let's not be practical.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it would be of utmost importance for them to avoid telling tien, vegeta, and krillin.
Tien/Krillin:
these two love life. they also people they love a lot. they want to protect this as much as they can. however, they are also very open minded. i think they would hesitate a lot knowing that winning the tournament would mean the destruction of so many other universes. tien might flat out refuse fearing the burden of a heavy conscience once again.

Vegeta: well he just had a daughter..... we've seen what vegeta did to cell when cell killed trunks. i'm sure with the thought of his family being erased he'll probably lose his shit against a powerful opponent and end up killing a bunch of fighters (maybe some of his team and even himself) in a massive AOE.