Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Post by KingKaash » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 am

omaro34 wrote:
KingKaash wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
How is 18 stronger than Piccolo? gimme a break. Piccolo was on par with 17 back in the Cell arc, and 18 is slightly weaker than her brother. Piccolo trains and she is a stay at home wife.
So how many words are you capable of reading? Did you not read what I put in the parentheses? I can see him being on par with 17 & 18 but I'll rank Piccolo ahead of them when he's shown training. Of course 17 & 18 haven't been shown training either but I'll give the edge to androids who have unlimited energy and speed in a long fight against Piccolo
You can make your point without coming across as condescending douchebag.

And after this episode, 17 should now be ahead of everyone but Goku and Vegeta.
I sensed douchebagness from you since you failed to read the only explanation I gave for any of the characters I listed which said I'm ready to move Piccolo up if he's given some air time and training. Sorry if I misinterpreted. And yes after watching Episode 86 now, Android 17 is the clear cut #3 on the list
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

RIP_Power_Levels

Post by RIP_Power_Levels » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:35 pm

My tier list:

1: Goku (Due to Kaioken and potential new form. Also, he's Goku.)

2: Vegeta (I think his Super Saiyan Blue is on par with Goku's, it's just that he can't use Kaio-Ken and there's been no sign that he will get a new form so far.)

3: Android 17 (I'd say he's just a tad behind Goku/Vegeta's Super Saiyan Blue.)

4: Mr. Buu (He's able to hang with base Goku after training, someone Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks couldn't faze when comparing Goku to base Copy Vegeta. I'm putting him here also because none of the other fighters I rank below him have received major power ups since Z, and in the case of Gohan, even weaker.)

5: Gohan: (Spoilers reveal that Gohan will regain his Ultimate form for the tournament, but we don't know how powerful it would make him. He could jump up to God tier for all we know. I'm putting him here because we know his current Super Saiyan form is comparable to current Piccolo, and we know he'll only get stronger when he regains his ultimate form.)

6: Piccolo: (He's only gotten stronger since his fight with Android 17 in Z.)

7: Android 18: (She's roughly on par with Android 17 when he fought Piccolo in Z, and hasn't shown any improvement so far. Piccolo is ranked above her because he stalemated Android 17 and has only become stronger since then. 18 does have potential to jump up the rankings though, given Super's powers scaling.)

8/9: Krillin and Tien (We know Krillin got a major boost recently, but he's still weaker than Android 18. We don't know enough about Tien yet, but we should get a better taste of his strength next episode.)

10: Master Roshi: (He might have a few tricks up his sleeve, but I have no idea why he and either Krillin or Tien were replaced with Goten and Trunks. They're vastly stronger, and if Super had any common sense, they're immaturity could be resolved with some time in the ROSAT, nothing some hard training and discipline like Gohan went through under Piccolo wouldn't fix.)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Rechanging tier list.
1.goku (kaio ken and his new form)
2.vegeta
3.gohan (hype and potential and due to next weeks episode and episode 90 puts him there.
4.17(force goku to use blue and traded blows with him while both were holding back)
5.buu/piccolo
6.piccolo/buu
8.krillin/tien
9.tien/krillin
10.roshi

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:01 pm

KingKaash wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
KingKaash wrote:
So how many words are you capable of reading? Did you not read what I put in the parentheses? I can see him being on par with 17 & 18 but I'll rank Piccolo ahead of them when he's shown training. Of course 17 & 18 haven't been shown training either but I'll give the edge to androids who have unlimited energy and speed in a long fight against Piccolo
You can make your point without coming across as condescending douchebag.

And after this episode, 17 should now be ahead of everyone but Goku and Vegeta.
I sensed douchebagness from you since you failed to read the only explanation I gave for any of the characters I listed which said I'm ready to move Piccolo up if he's given some air time and training. Sorry if I misinterpreted. And yes after watching Episode 86 now, Android 17 is the clear cut #3 on the list
Hopefully Piccolo will give us an idea as to how strong he is after tomorrow's episode then we get put him up on the list a bit.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Going with what we have now the U7 power scale goes like this
Goku>Vegeta>17≥Golden Freeza≥Gohan>Buu>Piccolo>18>Krillin>MutenRoshi>(lol)Tien

Full power Gohan being a little more powerful that SS2 Goku or am i missing something here?
Base Goku is definitely stronger than piccolo without doubt now
I missed the news, is Kale the Brollette? not caulifla?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu May 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Goku > Vegeta > Gohan = Golden Frieza > 17 > Piccolo > 18 > Krillin > Roshi > Tien

Roshi and Tien are probably reversed but the show made it look this way. Just my opinion here.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu May 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Mine would be
Goku>Vegeta=>Freeza>17>Gohan>Piccolo>18>Krillin>Roshi>Tien
17 jumping that high and Roshi being stronger than Tien.... well I'm happy for Roshi, hope he gets to grope some bitches.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Goku > Vegeta > Gohan = Golden Frieza > 17 > Piccolo > 18 > Krillin > Roshi > Tien

Roshi and Tien are probably reversed but the show made it look this way. Just my opinion here.
I for sure thought Tien would be stronger than Krilling. He suffered character assassination

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Updated prediction:

1. Gohan
2. Goku
3. Freeza
4. Vegeta
5. Piccolo
6. 17
7. 18

Doesn't matter

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 1:33 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Mine would be
I would put 17 slightly above freeza on the advantage that 17 has much more stamina and Golden Freeza stamina depletes fast. Unless there is some plot development to help freeza overcome this weakness

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Cabba wrote:
I would put 17 slightly above freeza on the advantage that 17 has much more stamina and Golden Freeza stamina depletes fast. Unless there is some plot development to help freeza overcome this weakness
My rank is based on their strongest forms, I still see Golden Freeza stronger than 17 by a mile, if Freeza doesnt dick around since now he knows his Gold form has a time limit stamina issues I'd imagine him going for the KO the moment he transforms.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Cabba wrote:
My rank is based on their strongest forms, I still see Golden Freeza stronger than 17 by a mile, if Freeza doesnt dick around since now he knows his Gold form has a time limit stamina issues I'd imagine him going for the KO the moment he transforms.
Ok but even so we still dont know the full reach of 17s power, we know he wasn't going full out against SSB goku
and we know that vanilla SSB by this point is more powerful that Golden Freeza and Hit

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Cabba wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Goku > Vegeta > Gohan = Golden Frieza > 17 > Piccolo > 18 > Krillin > Roshi > Tien

I for sure thought Tien would be stronger than Krilling. He suffered character assassination

No he didn't (well they did make it seem that Roshi was stronger but I'm still for now going With Tien>Roshi). As for him/Kuririn, we already knew who was stated the strongest Earthling. Hopefully, this was Toei telling those who still want to debate the two that Kuririn is the victor. Although, I must say I always expected Tien to be only a little bit weaker, not by hugeeeeeeee margins. I'm excited to see both him and Kuririn in the tournament though. Hope they both get some good shine.

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Post by larzooma » Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 pm

My list as of 90:
1. SSJBKK Goku
2. SSJB Vegeta
3. Ultimate Gohan
4. 17/Piccolo
5. Golden Frieza
6. 18
7. Tien
8. Krillin
9. Roshi

- We will see what type of boost Vegeta gets from training in the Room of Spirit and Time. I don't see a 10x or 20x increase, and Goku seems to have mastered the Kiaoken, so I think his spot behind Goku is assured.

- Explained best in a Geekdown101 video, Ultimate Gohan is a very mental transformation. During the fight with Goku, Gohan was learning to tap deeper into that potential getting stronger, which will only get easier with time. He could move up above Vegeta depending on how much more he can gain in months of training.

- 17 and Piccolo both offer the same thing to me, mystery. We've seen them take on some pretty powerful characters with relative ease. Android 17 is a little easier to gauge because we have a direct measuring stick in Goku, but how much he kept hidden is anyone's guess.

- Piccolo is in a similar situation. We saw him easily outclass SSJ2 Gohan, and take on Ultimate Gohan (severed arm trick was a training exercise, not an indication of their respective levels). They clearly trained for hours together with Piccolo keeping up without using a sensu bean. We've yet to see him face a situation where he needs to unleash his true power for a real reason (tournament incoming...) Picture how easily he powered up from weighted clothes to beyond SSJ2 level with relative ease. As a lifelong Piccolo fan, one of the best scenes is Gohan fully powering up to SSJ2 with the yelling and lightning, while Piccolo stands in front of him looking like a beast. When Gohan's finally at his full power, Piccolo quietly raises his white aura around him, which we soon learn puts him above SSJ2 Gohan. Imagine the gain from a good old power up vs Namek Frieza or Android 17.

- Honestly, I like Frieza, but I really don't think he's much of a replacement for Buu. He may have been an incredible force of power in RoF, but I truly believe he's run of the mill now. Buu would be close in level, while offering the longest and most versatile list of abilities of any, if not, all fighters. Replace anyone from 6 to 9, and the team would be even more unstoppable. We will see how well he performs, but he's been stuck at the level we saw him last while most likely still having the same flaw in his Golden form. Plus the sight of a Kale going Legendary or Berserker, whatever it's called now, is going to cause Frieza to increase his golden form in a certain area, before he nose dives into the abyss straight back to the cocoon.

-18 is clearly above the humans. Not even up for debate.

- Sure, Tien hasn't looked great in the last few episodes, but he recognized hurting Roshi in that state was still hurting Roshi, which he could bring himself to do. He entered a 2 on 2 with 3 fighters cosmically stronger than him, and couldn't understand the level of combat for a spar just before the actual tournament. He took some mean hits from Gohan, and still kept on his feet like a man. Krillin would have hidden behind his wife from the start, and Roshi would have had the perv knocked out of his geriatric brain.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 11:44 pm

DainIronfoot wrote: As for him/Kuririn, we already knew who was stated the strongest Earthling. Hopefully, this was Toei telling those who still want to debate the two that Kuririn is the victor. Although, I must say I always expected Tien to be only a little bit weaker, not by hugeeeeeeee margins. I'm excited to see both him and Kuririn in the tournament though. Hope they both get some good shine.
But that was just BS from one interview
Tenshinhan was portrayed as the stronger character in DBZ in all Sagas he showed more strength that Krillin. Krillin was pretty pathetic on the Cell saga with Yamcha owning him in one lil spar, he was pretty useless on the Buu saga. Tenshinhan at least deflected one of Butenks ki blasts. Tenshinhan was supposed to be training his ass off every single day and krillin was so weak he got injured by a bullet yet in less than 9 months Krillin not only catches up but surpasses him training with weights non less. To top it off they made him completely useless against roshi. Thats what i call character assassination, I woulnt mind Krillin strength superiority if it was actually developed/explained, instead of that its a just because yes explanation do to his higher popularity most likely
larzooma wrote:My list as of 90:
1. SSJBKK Goku
2. SSJB Vegeta
3. Ultimate Gohan
4. 17/Piccolo
5. Golden Frieza
6. 18
7. Tien
8. Krillin
9. Roshi
17 and golden freeza should be above Gohan since his full power does not match SBB unless you expect a new boost for Gohan in the tournament?
I like how you put tenshinhan above Krillin, I'm being hopeful for tenshinhan but not betteing my money on it

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Cabba wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote: As for him/Kuririn, we already knew who was stated the strongest Earthling. Hopefully, this was Toei telling those who still want to debate the two that Kuririn is the victor. Although, I must say I always expected Tien to be only a little bit weaker, not by hugeeeeeeee margins. I'm excited to see both him and Kuririn in the tournament though. Hope they both get some good shine.
But that was just BS from one interview
Tenshinhan was portrayed as the stronger character in DBZ in all Sagas he showed more strength that Krillin. Krillin was pretty pathetic on the Cell saga with Yamcha owning him in one lil spar, he was pretty useless on the Buu saga. Tenshinhan at least deflected one of Butenks ki blasts. Tenshinhan was supposed to be training his ass off every single day and krillin was so weak he got injured by a bullet yet in less than 9 months Krillin not only catches up but surpasses him training with weights non less. To top it off they made him completely useless against roshi. Thats what i call character assassination, I woulnt mind Krillin strength superiority if it was actually developed/explained, instead of that its a just because yes explanation do to his higher popularity most likely
larzooma wrote:My list as of 90:
1. SSJBKK Goku
2. SSJB Vegeta
3. Ultimate Gohan
4. 17/Piccolo
5. Golden Frieza
6. 18
7. Tien
8. Krillin
9. Roshi
17 and golden freeza should be above Gohan since his full power does not match SBB unless you expect a new boost for Gohan in the tournament?
I like how you put tenshinhan above Krillin, I'm being hopeful for tenshinhan but not betteing my money on it

All of your points are just fan theories, nothing concretely stated. However that "Bs" interview is official, so it takes precedent over anything else. Also, No Tien was not portrayed as stronger in all Sagas. You're probably overthinking way too much filler. After the Guru power up, Tien was never able to catch up, it's as simple as that my friend. Tien is not a Saiyan, and him training with Chaotzu is not going to give him incredible gains. People expected him to make gains like a Saiyan would, it's not the case. In any event, at the current time It's clear Kuririn is stronger...Roshi even possibly though I'd still give that one to Tien since I'm not convinced of that yet. Let's just wait and see how they do in the ToP. I'm expecting great things from everyone tbh.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 12:13 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
All of your points are just fan theories, nothing concretely stated. However that "Bs" interview is official, so it takes precedent over anything else. Also, No Tien was not portrayed as stronger in all Sagas. You're probably overthinking way too much filler. After the Guru power up, Tien was never able to catch up, it's as simple as that my friend. Tien is not a Saiyan, and him training with Chaotzu is not going to give him incredible gains. People expected him to make gains like a Saiyan would, it's not the case. In any event, at the current time It's clear Kuririn is stronger...Roshi even possibly though I'd still give that one to Tien since I'm not convinced of that yet. Let's just wait and see how they do in the ToP. I'm expecting great things from everyone tbh.
How are my posts theories? They are concrete examples of things that happened in DBZ and DBS how every step of the way Tenshinhan performed better than Krillin. Thats why i say Tenshinhan was portrayed as the stronger character
I just found out about this Interview this year which is why I'm still coming to terms with it. Anyone who hasnt read the interview would think Tenshinhan was stronger in DBZ
Its the same with Roshi, if he gets portrayed as the weaker character throughout the series and then out of the blue someone comes in and tells you Roshi is stronger than tenshinhan. I call bs, yes its official but its still bs and what makes it character assassination.

What is this Training with chiatzu people keep using as a dismissal? Tenshinhan trains alone, chaitzu is just one spectator. I never expected him to grow on par with Saiyans but to be above someone who is completely out of the loop and gets injured by a bullet.

BTW if you dismiss Roshi being stronger then we have no evidence in DBS for Krillin being stronger than tenshinhan

Edit:
To further add salt to the injury. You mock Tenshinhan for training with chaotzu yet krillin didnt train at all and when he did he trained with weights

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 am

Cabba wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
How are my posts theories? They are concrete examples of things that happened in DBZ and DBS how every step of the way Tenshinhan performed better than Krillin. Thats why i say Tenshinhan was portrayed as the stronger character
I just found out about this Interview this year which is why I'm still coming to terms with it. Anyone who hasnt read the interview would think Tenshinhan was stronger in DBZ
Its the same with Roshi, if he gets portrayed as the weaker character throughout the series and then out of the blue someone comes in and tells you Roshi is stronger than tenshinhan. I call bs, yes its official but its still bs and what makes it character assassination.

What is this Training with chiatzu people keep using as a dismissal? Tenshinhan trains alone, chaitzu is just one spectator. I never expected him to grow on par with Saiyans but to be above someone who is completely out of the loop and gets injured by a bullet.

BTW if you dismiss Roshi being stronger then we have no evidence in DBS for Krillin being stronger than tenshinhan

What you are saying is your own personal fan desires lol. If you're still coming to terms with this interview then you're already on the late end of the spectrum my friend. There are no concrete examples of Tien performing better than Kuririn (Kikoho merely pushing Cell is not enough lol), once again this is your own fan theory. No Tien does not train alone, and Goku was also hurt by a bullet as well, you think Tien couldn't be? Similar to what fans of Tien think up IE: always training, here is a theory that isn't proven nor can be said is not the case; Kuririn recently has been stated to be training with 18, we also know in Dbz, 18 somewhat kept Kuririn in shape via training and making him earn his breakfast. Do these alone prove Kuririn possibly has been training with 18 occasionally to stay in shape even though he retired from Martial arts? Yes and No. It's the same with Tien. They are all fan theories from what we have seen and hope for. However, it's concretely stated many times Kuririn is the strongest Earthling, and there can be plenty of reasons to back it up in addition to it being Officially stated.

As for your last line, that's simply not true. I dismiss Roshi atm not being stronger than Tien because we haven't seen more and we don't know concretely if the Talisman was the reason for his power up or just as Goku thought...secret training. We have no word from Toei/Toriyama either. We do however know that once again during previews for this arc, Kuririn was stated to be the strongest of the Earthlings. <-- This is evidence. "Anyone who hasn't read the interview would think Tien was stronger in DBZ" <-- This can also be countered as I know personally MANY people who think otherwise. It's great that you're a fan of Tien my friend, I am too. However,you, similar to another user on here (won't say names, though said person hasn't posted in a while after recent episodes...) simply have to look at the official facts. Besides, who knows, it might get revealed Tien is stronger in the ToP. Anything can happen my friend, and even though he isn't stronger (currently), he's still an awesome character with sooooo many cool techniques. He is a pleasure to watch imo and I hope he does shine in the ToP.

--Anyways, this topic can be visited in a different thread as to not overcrowd the current topic which should be the full Team U7 strength predictions, not a debate about Kuririn and Tien. Therefore, my part in this is done.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 1:13 am

Thats the thing, while you can sit around and downplay Tenshinhan contribution in terms of power he at least did something. Krillin on the other hand was completely fodder in all DBZ sagas but namek
Even in the filler Tenshinhan is shown in a superior light, him beating Jeeze and butter Jajirobe biting krillins ass, yamcha beating him in a spar match. Ten being able to spar against future trunks in one movie
As far as "cannon" goes, Ten trained with KaioSama, Krillin along with Yamcha getting owned by Gero, Krillin not fighting against the androids out of fear made him look like the weaker of the team, Krillin freezing in the mountains and Ten being used to it because of his training, Ten holding Cell back even though he is multiple times stronger than him. In buu saga krillin did nothing except for getting spit in the face, Ten at-least deflected one of Buutenks ki attacks
In DBS Krillin was scared of fighting freeza men and perfomed worse than Ten

Ten was always shown training alone in DBZ multiple times in the mountains, all chaotzu does is watch him and cheers him up. Never not even once was he shown sparing or training with chaotzu
Goku was not hurt by the bullet, merely a superficial scratch
I'm not talking about fan desire, just making a point of Ten being portrayed as stronger than Krillin throughout the series, the only reason why the debate started is because of the interview. No one actually thought before krillin was stronger

In DBZ krillin only started training in preparation for the tournament
DBS he retired from fights and said as much, that episode in which he gets hurt by a bullet makes a point of him being out of the loop. Afterward he trains for less than 9 months and claims multiple times those weights payed off the investment
it's concretely stated many times Kuririn
Can you provide a source from this? I only seen it stated on that one interview, does one count as many?
during previews for this arc, Kuririn was stated to be the strongest of the Earthlings
What previews?
I dismiss Roshi atm not being stronger than Tien because we haven't seen more and we don't know concretely if the Talisman was the reason for his power up or just as Goku thought...secret training.
So... lets say it was one of those two reasons you state, how can we use the fight as evidence for Ten being weaker or stronger than Krillin then?
How would we know how would Krillin fare against a Talisman/Trained boosted roshi?

and finally I'm not really a Ten fan, its just bothers me how Krillin surpasses him without explanation specially considering one has been so out of training its been made a point off in one of the episodes where 18 calls him a weakling while Ten has always been keeping in training.
DainIronfoot wrote: --Anyways, this topic can be visited in a different thread as to not overcrowd the current topic which should be the full Team U7 strength predictions, not a debate about Kuririn and Tien. Therefore, my part in this is done.
Ok, will probably revisit it after the tournament ends

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 am

The real question to solving the Krillin vs. Tien debate; which of the two training methods is more effective?

Training against someone considerably weaker than you on the daily, or training with someone far stronger than you on a less frequent basis?

Genuinely would like this to be answered in universe.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."