Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 19, 2017 4:24 am

Akyon wrote:The real question to solving the Krillin vs. Tien debate; which of the two training methods is more effective?

Training against someone considerably weaker than you on the daily, or training with someone far stronger than you on a less frequent basis?

Genuinely would like this to be answered in universe.
Training with someone as strong as you is the best method, only people like freeza and gohan with potential all over the place can pull off high gains by training with someone far weaker..
But training with someone far stronger helps you pick up techniques and strategies, even watching fights can make you get better, like roshi reminded Krillin of all his battle watching experiences..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 am

Here are mine:
1) Goku (Kaioken)
2) Vegeta
3) Goku
4) Frieza (Golden)
5) 17
6) Ultimate Gohan
7) Frieza (Final Form)
Buu would be here
8 ) Piccolo
9) 18
10) Krilin
11) Roshi
12) Tien

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am

Akyon wrote:The real question to solving the Krillin vs. Tien debate; which of the two training methods is more effective?
Training against someone considerably weaker than you on the daily, or training with someone far stronger than you on a less frequent basis?
Genuinely would like this to be answered in universe.
In think the answer is, whoever is the more popular character o whoever the plot demands
Like i pointed in my previous post Ten has always been portrayed as stronger in DBZ and DBS before his character assassination against roshi

I know its a gag, but another bothersome thing with this so called training Krillin went trough is the weight lifting playing a big role on it
Ki Breaker wrote: Training with someone as strong as you is the best method, only people like freeza and gohan with potential all over the place can pull off high gains by training with someone far weaker..
But training with someone far stronger helps you pick up techniques and strategies, even watching fights can make you get better, like roshi reminded Krillin of all his battle watching experiences..
I dont think you need someone strong to pick up techniques and strategy. In gohans case piccolo expertise as a fighter and master helped Gohan regain his fighting sense and more importantly help him spiritually which was his biggest weakness

Piccolo was actaully shown as stronger than SSJ Gohan when they were training so i dont think its fair to call Piccolo far weaker in this scenario. He was surprisingly strong
If anything Piccolo helped Gohan regain something that was already there (mystic form) and then used his expertise as a teacher to help him tap into the full potential of the mystic form vs Freeza training from scratch to get the powers

I feel like you are actually downplaying Piccolos role here, i dont think anyone else except perharps Whiss would have been able to help Gohan as much as he did. Its not really the power but his wisdom and knowing Gohan so well

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri May 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Here are mine:
1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Golden Frieza
4) 17
5) Ultimate Gohan
6 ) Piccolo
7) 18
8- Krillin
9) Roshi
10) Tenshinhan

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Updated predictions:
1. Goku (via Kaioken)
2. Vegeta
3. Freeza (with Golden)
4. 17
5. Ultimate Gohan
6. Piccolo
7. 18
8. Kuririn
9. Roshi
10. Tenshinhan
Cabba wrote:
it's concretely stated many times Kuririn
Can you provide a source from this? I only seen it stated on that one interview, does one count as many?
I know you said you'd wait but since you asked for sources:

The official BOG and ROF bios list Kuririn as "The Strongest Earthling" while Tenshinhan is listed as a martial artist. If you go to Toei's official Super website he's referred to as "strongest among Earthlings".

Confirmed again in an interview by Mayumi Tanaka in 2015, detailed here:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/03/05/of ... days-left/

Second translated paragraph.

The sypnosis for the Universe Survival Arc lists Kuririn as the strongest Earthling:
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status ... 7591344129

And in the manga, Yamcha explicitly referred to Kuririn as "the strongest, at least among Earthlings" with the "among Earthlings" part being said to himself after turning away from Marron. I believe there's more but those are the ones that came to mind.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri May 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Cabba wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Cabba wrote: I would put 17 slightly above freeza on the advantage that 17 has much more stamina and Golden Freeza stamina depletes fast. Unless there is some plot development to help freeza overcome this weakness
My rank is based on their strongest forms, I still see Golden Freeza stronger than 17 by a mile, if Freeza doesnt dick around since now he knows his Gold form has a time limit stamina issues I'd imagine him going for the KO the moment he transforms.
Ok but even so we still dont know the full reach of 17s power, we know he wasn't going full out against SSB goku
and we know that vanilla SSB by this point is more powerful that Golden Freeza and Hit
How do you know that SSB is stronger than Hitto? Better wait for the next episode, don't you think? After all, Hitto will return again and we can make a better assessment about his progression as a warrior. The last time we saw him, he was even with Goku ssj blue

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Shinda Forever wrote: How do you know that SSB is stronger than Hitto? Better wait for the next episode, don't you think? After all, Hitto will return again and we can make a better assessment about his progression as a warrior. The last time we saw him, he was even with Goku ssj blue
Because of the episode in which Goku fought an even stronger Hit and beat him without using Kaioken, once Goku went all out he had the clear edge
Sure Hit could theoretically get even stronger, but thats not what i meant

Thats why i think its not wise to underestimate 17

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sat May 20, 2017 6:33 am

Cabba wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: How do you know that SSB is stronger than Hitto? Better wait for the next episode, don't you think? After all, Hitto will return again and we can make a better assessment about his progression as a warrior. The last time we saw him, he was even with Goku ssj blue
Because of the episode in which Goku fought an even stronger Hit and beat him without using Kaioken, once Goku went all out he had the clear edge
Sure Hit could theoretically get even stronger, but thats not what i meant

Thats why i think its not wise to underestimate 17
Maybe we saw another episode, because, Hitto was clearly winning the fight against Goku ssb, the only thing Goku did was landing a glancing blow.
In the end, the fight was a draw and Hitto never used time skip in the fight otherwise, it would be very possible that he would evade Goku's kk attacks like he did in the tournament.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sat May 20, 2017 10:46 am

Shinda Forever wrote: Maybe we saw another episode, because, Hitto was clearly winning the fight against Goku ssb, the only thing Goku did was landing a glancing blow.
In the end, the fight was a draw and Hitto never used time skip in the fight otherwise, it would be very possible that he would evade Goku's kk attacks like he did in the tournament.
Goku wasnt going all out at first, they were just getting started, with Goku getting the hang of his new invisible ki technique once he figured it out the other dimension technique was next to figure out, once he did he went all out and beated him, giving Goku the clear edge.

I'm saying full power SSB was enough to out maneuver hit, hit could still get even more powerful but in that episode Goku was the clear victor. What makes Hit so dangerous are his techniques, extremely so that he could take down a stronger opponent than him, thats not to say he is weak, he is extremely powerful

Wasnt the other dimension technique a variation of the time skip? besides at the beginning of the fight Goku said Timeskip wouldn't work on him anymore to which Hit replied he wouldn't be so generous as to using time skip again on him

PiccoloG

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Prediction

Post by PiccoloG » Mon May 22, 2017 4:31 pm

1) Goku (SSB Kaioken puts him above Vegeta)
2) Vegeta (Mastered SSB and him going to ROSAT again will only make him stronger than those below the list)
3) Frieza (Golden form was stronger than SSB during ROF saga, cannot see how 17 & Gohan overtook this)
4) Gohan (Ultimate form, still think he is stronger than 17 as I think Goku was holding back against 17)
5) 17 (Yh had a good fight with Goku but to go from Kamicolo level to God Tier by basic training doesn't make sense, probably between SS2 & SS3, Kid Buu level if you be generous)
6) Piccolo (Got a lot stronger, defo stronger than super perfect cell now. Probably around Buu Saga SS2/Majin Vegeta level)
7) 18 (Kamicolo level, perhaps slightly stronger now due to training.)
8) Krillin (still leagues below 18, defo strongest human now though! Got stronger through training probably somewhere between first form Frieza on NAMEK and second form)
9) Tien (give him the benefit of the doubt over that fight with Roshi but not looking too good following his awful match against Gohan & Piccolo)
10) Roshi

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue May 23, 2017 10:42 am

Cabba wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Maybe we saw another episode, because, Hitto was clearly winning the fight against Goku ssb, the only thing Goku did was landing a glancing blow.
Goku wasnt going all out at first, they were just getting started, with Goku getting the hang of his new invisible ki technique once he figured it out the other dimension technique was next to figure out, once he did he went all out and beated him, giving Goku the clear edge.

I'm saying full power SSB was enough to out maneuver hit, hit could still get even more powerful but in that episode Goku was the clear victor. What makes Hit so dangerous are his techniques, extremely so that he could take down a stronger opponent than him, thats not to say he is weak, he is extremely powerful

Wasnt the other dimension technique a variation of the time skip? besides at the beginning of the fight Goku said Timeskip wouldn't work on him anymore to which Hit replied he wouldn't be so generous as to using time skip again on him
That's some creative thinking, Hitto was the one who had the edge since Goku was taking all the punishment not Hitto, so what if he figured it out Hitto's attacks? Despite all that Hitto continued to hit him until he tried a kamehameha to make the contest even. Goku knew it was coming, but there wasn't nothing he could do about it, he even trembled in fear. End of the story.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Cabba wrote:

That's some creative thinking, Hitto was the one who had the edge since Goku was taking all the punishment not Hitto, so what if he figured it out Hitto's attacks? Despite all that Hitto continued to hit him until he tried a kamehameha to make the contest even. Goku knew it was coming, but there wasn't nothing he could do about it, he even trembled in fear. End of the story.
Youre both being very creative IMO. The point of the last Hit fight was to show they are basically equal rivals. Noone won or lost really. Though technically Goku did since the goal of Hit was to kill Goku.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Cabba wrote: Goku wasnt going all out at first, they were just getting started, with Goku getting the hang of his new invisible ki technique once he figured it out the other dimension technique was next to figure out, once he did he went all out and beated him, giving Goku the clear edge.

Youre both being very creative IMO. The point of the last Hit fight was to show they are basically equal rivals. Noone won or lost really. Though technically Goku did since the goal of Hit was to kill Goku.
Hitto refused to continue the fight because other people were watching. I always said it was a draw, but Hitto had the upperhand the whole fight.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 10:30 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Hitto refused to continue the fight because other people were watching. I always said it was a draw, but Hitto had the upperhand the whole fight.
At the end they were both left unable to continue. It wasnt really because people were watching, it was 100% clear his intent in saying that was just to end the match as equals.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
At the end they were both left unable to continue. It wasnt really because people were watching, it was 100% clear his intent in saying that was just to end the match as equals.
Exactly, that's what i meant, Hitto and Goku after the tournament remained equals which means that they are progressing at the same rate.
Hitto is perfect to become Goku's greatest rival on super.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Hitto refused to continue the fight because other people were watching. I always said it was a draw, but Hitto had the upperhand the whole fight.
Exactly, that's what i meant, Hitto and Goku after the tournament remained equals which means that they are progressing at the same rate.
Oh okay I pretty much agree with that. It will be interesting to see how they balance Hit with Vegeta in the future if that now friendly rivalry continues. Also to see if Jiren is a one off badass or he remains.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 24, 2017 1:38 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Oh okay I pretty much agree with that. It will be interesting to see how they balance Hit with Vegeta in the future if that now friendly rivalry continues. Also to see if Jiren is a one off badass or he remains.
Yeah, i really look forward to it.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm

This is my guess:
Goku
Vegeta
Frieza
Gohan
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Roshi
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu May 25, 2017 5:43 pm

KingKaash wrote: 1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Buu
4) Gohan
5) Android 17
6) Android 18
7) Piccolo (Only because every shot I've seen of Piccolo is him training Gohan. Piccolo was actually showing good strategy against U6 in the Champa arc like Krillin did now but I guess they're not going to build off of that. I think Piccolo can surpass 17 & 18.)
8.) Tien
9) Krillin
10) Master Roshi
As of Episode 90, my new list:

1.) Goku
2.) Vegeta
3.) Gohan
4.) Android 17
5.) Golden Frieza
6.) Piccolo
7.) Android 18
8.) Krillin
9.) Master Roshi
10.) Tien
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Prediction

Post by larzooma » Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 pm

PiccoloG wrote:1) Goku (SSB Kaioken puts him above Vegeta)
2) Vegeta (Mastered SSB and him going to ROSAT again will only make him stronger than those below the list)
3) Frieza (Golden form was stronger than SSB during ROF saga, cannot see how 17 & Gohan overtook this)
4) Gohan (Ultimate form, still think he is stronger than 17 as I think Goku was holding back against 17)
5) 17 (Yh had a good fight with Goku but to go from Kamicolo level to God Tier by basic training doesn't make sense, probably between SS2 & SS3, Kid Buu level if you be generous)
6) Piccolo (Got a lot stronger, defo stronger than super perfect cell now. Probably around Buu Saga SS2/Majin Vegeta level)
7) 18 (Kamicolo level, perhaps slightly stronger now due to training.)
8) Krillin (still leagues below 18, defo strongest human now though! Got stronger through training probably somewhere between first form Frieza on NAMEK and second form)
9) Tien (give him the benefit of the doubt over that fight with Roshi but not looking too good following his awful match against Gohan & Piccolo)
10) Roshi
1. Goku (as you stated KK puts him ahead)
2. Vegeta (will most likely show some gains after his time training in ROSAT)
3. Gohan (In 90, Ultimate Gohan steadily increased in power to the point he was throwing some heavy blows at a fully powered SSJB. If he didn't go KK, Gohan would have kept up with him at his fully powered SSJB level)
4. 17 (He made Goku transform by necessity to keep up, and we really have no clue how much power he kept hidden)
5. Piccolo (Decimated a SSJ2 Gohan on the verge of transformation, and kept up with him enough to train for hours without the need to use his sensu. Honestly believe he's current SSJ3 Goku level, which puts him against SSJB Goku in a duel given the clear disadvantage of using SSJ3.)
6. Frieza (He kept up with a newly transformed SSJB Goku and Vegeta, and hasn't gained a bit of power since the end of RoF. Goku, and Vegeta, meanwhile have grown considerably. He wouldn't stand a chance now, to the point I think Goku will humiliate him by taking him on in SSJ2 form (if they spar).
7. 18 (She's done a minimal amount of training over the years, but even at her base she's far, far above the humans.)
8. Krillin (I would have honestly said Tien earlier today, but after listening to the arguments made by other posters, I've changed my mind)
9. Tien (I still believe he has the most potentional (he's not fully human), but currently he can't keep up with Krillin.
10. Roshi (Sure he overcame his one weakness, and he no longer needs to fear his hard-on will drain his ki during battle. He's still the weakest human on the list, at least physically)