Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm

omaro34 wrote:
KingKaash wrote:1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Buu
4) Gohan
5) Android 17
6) Android 18
7) Piccolo (Only because every shot I've seen of Piccolo is him training Gohan. Piccolo was actually showing good strategy against U6 in the Champa arc like Krillin did now but I guess they're not going to build off of that. I think Piccolo can surpass 17 & 18.)
8.) Tien
9) Krillin
10) Master Roshi
How is 18 stronger than Piccolo? gimme a break. Piccolo was on par with 17 back in the Cell arc, and 18 is slightly weaker than her brother. Piccolo trains and she is a stay at home wife.
Literally half a day in the ROSAT could change all of that. In regards to Android 18's strength.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
2) Vegeta
3) Buu
4) Gohan
5) Android 17
6) Android 18
7) Piccolo (Only because every shot I've seen of Piccolo is him training Gohan. Piccolo was actually showing good strategy against U6 in the Champa arc like Krillin did now but I guess they're not going to build off of that. I think Piccolo can surpass 17 & 18.)
8.) Tien
9) Krillin
10) Master Roshi
How is 18 stronger than Piccolo? gimme a break. Piccolo was on par with 17 back in the Cell arc, and 18 is slightly weaker than her brother. Piccolo trains and she is a stay at home wife.
Literally half a day in the ROSAT could change all of that. In regards to Android 18's strength.
Same can be said both ways my friend. But if 18 goes to the ROSAT I don't see why others wouldn't, especially after they learn what is at stake in this tournament.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Same can be said both ways my friend. But if 18 goes to the ROSAT I don't see why others wouldn't, especially after they learn what is at stake in this tournament.
Piccolo had already gone into the ROSAT and already maxed out how much stronger he can get in there. In fact, if he went back in there, he's be doing more harm than good.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Seems allot of people are polarized by episode 84. Before polls would usually have Tenshinhan ahead of Krillin. I've seen a change in a couple of boards. How easily pawns minds are swung. How would people feel after episode 89 when Tenshinhan gets his shot.

And to the guy who foolishly said Roshi would get more screen time and impact than Tenshinhan. That hasn't happened since Tenshinhan came on the scene and Roshi was nothing in Z and still falls short in Super.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:16 am

Tier 1:
Goku (He has the Kaioken plus he might have a new form up his sleeve.)
Vegeta (It seems like he hasn't been doing much, but I'm pretty sure he'll do some intensive training before the tournament judging from the opening.)
Android 17 (He's being hyped to be god level from the NEP where he is clashing fists with SSJB Goku and the leaked description reveals that he has indeed gotten stronger and Goku is amazed to find someone so strong in U7.)

Tier 2:
Gohan (He's been back to training and he seems pretty strong now, but it seems like he still hasn't gone back to full power. I feel like he is going to be moved up to tier 1 though as I feel that his resurgence to Ultimate is going to place him comparable to SSJB levels of power, just a gut feeling.)
Buu (He's been training and making great gains so he'll do well.)
Piccolo (Training with Gohan is going to give him amazing gains as well so he may be somewhere comparable to Buu.)

Tier 3:
Android 18 (She's stated to still be stronger that Krillin, but I guess that's a constant in Super no matter how strong Krillin gets.)
Krillin (He's been back to training and I feel like learning how to control his ki back in that forest along with regaining his confidence helped to pave his growth in power.)
Tien (His placement may change depending on how the dojo he has made affects his power growth, but I think he'll probably come up with an even stronger Kikoho technique.)
Master Roshi (I personally think Roshi went to that illusion forest on his free time at some point in order to make some gains in power. He's been utilizing his max power form a lot more easily in Super than before and if we look at the end credits, he is seen using the Mafuba with his max power mode without difficulty so he has definitely gotten stronger.)

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 am

JulianStyles wrote:Seems allot of people are polarized by episode 84. Before polls would usually have Tenshinhan ahead of Krillin. I've seen a change in a couple of boards. How easily pawns minds are swung. How would people feel after episode 89 when Tenshinhan gets his shot.

And to the guy who foolishly said Roshi would get more screen time and impact than Tenshinhan. That hasn't happened since Tenshinhan came on the scene and Roshi was nothing in Z and still falls short in Super.
If Ten gets a shot in Episode 89, I'd still have him below Kuririn because he is weaker.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:40 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Seems allot of people are polarized by episode 84. Before polls would usually have Tenshinhan ahead of Krillin. I've seen a change in a couple of boards. How easily pawns minds are swung. How would people feel after episode 89 when Tenshinhan gets his shot.

If Ten gets a shot in Episode 89, I'd still have him below Kuririn because he is weaker.
And you would be stubborn and ignorant. People like you could be presented all the evidence in the world Tenshinhan is stronger and will still deny it. I've been hearing the same story when Krillin was to scared and untrained when he didn't stand up to Beerus. The same tired story when the ROF movie Gohan had to save Krillin. And in the ROF Super series Tenshinhan had to save him. Lol you're feeling gritty because Krillin went into the woods and wasted all of our time for 2 episodes. And he had a sparing match using the technique Tenshinhan invented. And totally misunderstanding the fight with Goku. Tenshinhan will have an even better match. Man never stop training to the point he's a master. His own dojo.

The show can literally say Tenshinhan is Decendant of Aliens. And Goku can say Tenshinhan is stronger than Krillin and people with your mentality will still refuse to believe it. At least on the Tenshinhan side his fans have legitimate proof and examples Android saga to present day. And official power levels of them being alive together had Tenshinhan higher.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Literally half a day in the ROSAT could change all of that. In regards to Android 18's strength.
Piccolo had already gone into the ROSAT and already maxed out how much stronger he can get in there. In fact, if he went back in there, he's be doing more harm than good.
What are you on about? How is Piccolo training in the Chamber going to harm him. Just remember if Krillin has got stronger than Piccolo can get stronger. When Piccolo beats the crap out of Gohan you will change your thinking.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 am

JulianStyles wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:

And you would be stubborn and ignorant. People like you could be presented all the evidence in the world Tenshinhan is stronger and will still deny it. I've been hearing the same story when Krillin was to scared and untrained when he didn't stand up to Beerus. The same tired story when the ROF movie Gohan had to save Krillin. And in the ROF Super series Tenshinhan had to save him. Lol you're feeling gritty because Krillin went into the woods and wasted all of our time for 2 episodes. And he had a sparing match using the technique Tenshinhan invented. And totally misunderstanding the fight with Goku. Tenshinhan will have an even better match. Man never stop training to the point he's a master. His own dojo.

The show can literally say Tenshinhan is Decendant of Aliens. And Goku can say Tenshinhan is stronger than Krillin and people with your mentality will still refuse to believe it. At least on the Tenshinhan side his fans have legitimate proof and examples Android saga to present day. And official power levels of them being alive together had Tenshinhan higher.
This literally applies to yourself.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Actually, now that Androids making massive gains in training is a thing now, I wanna change my ranking:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4/5. Android 17/Android 18
6. Majin Boo
7. Piccolo
8. Krillin
9. Tien
10. Roshi
Wait when has 17 become as strong as Buu? I don't think 17 is that strong. Even if goku uses blue

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Actually, now that Androids making massive gains in training is a thing now, I wanna change my ranking:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4/5. Android 17/Android 18
6. Majin Boo
7. Piccolo
8. Krillin
9. Tien
10. Roshi
Wait when has 17 become as strong as Buu? I don't think 17 is that strong. Even if goku uses blue
I personally think Android 17 made some serious gains off-screen.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: If Ten gets a shot in Episode 89, I'd still have him below Kuririn because he is weaker.

This literally applies to yourself.
I covered why the Tenshinhan side believes what they do. A mountain of visual evidence. Besides Krillin strongest Earthling statement which is so flaud as 17 and 18 are Earthlings. What do you have? There is no Saga Android-present you can describe to me what Krillin did that backs up the claim he's stronger than Tenshinhan. You show the series to someone who knows nothing of DB. They will determine Tenshinhan. You are stuck on the Namek and all the Krillin screen time. Probably have never see the original DB or barely have and don't have an appreciation for it. If it's all one continuous story. Tien had his Namek during the King Piccolo saga. No Krillin. All the screen time and character building for him.

We will wait for episode 89-90 because I have a feeling it will be a two part episode. Then we will see in the tournament.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:25 pm

This thread is not going to devolve into another pointless, vapid, and one-sided argument in protest of Kuririn being stronger than Tenshinhan.

JulianStyles, as always you're welcome to think whatever you want, but it's getting tiring to witness you repeatedly and rudely shout from atop your fragile and wobbly soapbox on this topic, rather than actually making meaningful contributions to so many discussions. Please give some more thought to how you post.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:27 pm

My prediction might change once I see the #17, piccolo and tien episode
    1-goku:he has mastered the kaioken and is safe to say he has a New transformation that surpassed his limits
      2-vegeta:I Don see a smug Android surpassing him,I say he's gotten really strong and he's good candidate to be trashed by jiren
        3-#17:by look at the preview,he has gotten really strong maybe Golden frieza tier, since toei is hyping him up, and he is also a good candidate to be trashed by jiren
          4-Gohan: two words Ultimate Gohan,this version might be stronger than he was in the Buu Saga
            5-mr buu: sorry piccolo fans,I just don't see piccolo being stronger than Buu, and Buu have​ improved in 85
              6-Piccolo:I just put him here, because why not,I say he's gotten stronger, and the Gap between Frost and piccolo shouldn't be that big and he will be a good supporter
                7-#18: episode 84 implies that she is still above krillin, and I didn't put her above piccolo because she never trains
                  8-krillin:I'm sorry to say this, but krillin is getting a lot of hype, And he's training again, and since toriyama/toei have a soft spot for him,he will be the character with major revelance
                    9-Tien:I just put him here, since he is not that impressive, but my opinion might change in 89,the gap between him and krillin shouldn't be that big,is maybe like this if krillin is a 10 then tien is a 8, his kikoho put him higher then Kuririn and possibly #18
                      10-roshi:He might be weak but like Gohan said he has tricky techniques,like hypnosis, mafuba, etc, still he is the weakest member
                      Mostly active on discord.

KingKaash
                      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 pm

omaro34 wrote:
                      2) Vegeta
                      3) Buu
                      4) Gohan
                      5) Android 17
                      6) Android 18
                      8.) Tien
                      9) Krillin
                      10) Master Roshi
                      So how many words are you capable of reading? Did you not read what I put in the parentheses? I can see him being on par with 17 & 18 but I'll rank Piccolo ahead of them when he's shown training. Of course 17 & 18 haven't been shown training either but I'll give the edge to androids who have unlimited energy and speed in a long fight against Piccolo
                      "Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

apex_pretador
                      I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:21 am

1. Goku
                      2. Vegeta
                      3. Gohan
                      4. Piccolo
                      5. Buu
                      6. 17
                      7. 18
                      8. Krillin
                      9. Tien
                      10. Roshi
                      The classic list, always valid. Piccolo and buu might be interchanged.
                      My dragon ball respect threads
                      Respect Piccolo
                      Respect Tao Pai Pai
                      Respect Freeza

omaro34
                      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 pm

KingKaash wrote:
                      omaro34 wrote:
                      2) Vegeta
                      3) Buu
                      4) Gohan
                      5) Android 17
                      6) Android 18
                      8.) Tien
                      9) Krillin
                      10) Master Roshi
                      So how many words are you capable of reading? Did you not read what I put in the parentheses? I can see him being on par with 17 & 18 but I'll rank Piccolo ahead of them when he's shown training. Of course 17 & 18 haven't been shown training either but I'll give the edge to androids who have unlimited energy and speed in a long fight against Piccolo
                      You can make your point without coming across as condescending douchebag.

And after this episode, 17 should now be ahead of everyone but Goku and Vegeta.
                      "Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Slaythe
                      Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:03 am

I mean it's pretty obvious since this is a promo card for this arc, that this is the top 3

JulianStyles
                      Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Kaboom wrote:This thread is not going to devolve into another pointless, vapid, and one-sided argument in protest of Kuririn being stronger than Tenshinhan.

JulianStyles, as always you're welcome to think whatever you want, but it's getting tiring to witness you repeatedly and rudely shout from atop your fragile and wobbly soapbox on this topic, rather than actually making meaningful contributions to so many discussions. Please give some more thought to how you post.
                      You or anyone have not given any valid point to mine. You see it your way because you simply do not agree. Krillin supporters say the same thing over and over yet they don't get any back lash on that. You're biased and have a closed mind on anything that you don't agree with. If you actually sat there and read my post. You would see I take the most time and the most detail and the most analytical. Not of just the characters but also the culture and language barrier meanings.

You're calling me out when the other side repeats the same tired mess over and over. And just like you refuse to acknowledge anything that may poke a hole in your statement that Krillin is the strongest Earthling.

17 and 18 are Earthlings- I get silence
                      Tenshinhan is a Decendant of Aliena- response is Daizenshuu and any outlet that says it are wring.
                      Akira says Tenshinhan in his culture is considered godlike and not human-I get lols an no valid counter.

And as always I say please please tell me where in the Android-present day has Krillin be shown stronger. No one wants to tackle that challenge because it can't be done.

I even have people trying to argue who was stronger in the Sayain arc when official power levels debunk this! Look around at who's actually shouting something over and over again. Look yourself in the mirror aswell. You take this way too seriously.

I ask you sir. Where are you going to be when you and anyone who thought like you is proven wrong? Will you apologize for all your pompous boasting and give credit to those who were right?

And don't tell me I don't bring legit contributions. I've posted links to translations, guides,bios, off shore websites, Japanese websites, scans, references and more. You see what you want and you are free to do so. But don't get all offended. The truth is spreading it's all over forums and youtube. This is not AOL days where DBZ knowledge can be controlled by a couple of websites.

kinisking
                      I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Slaythe wrote:I mean it's pretty obvious since this is a promo card for this arc, that this is the top 3

I agree that they're the strongest , but this doesn't necessarily mean they're the strongest. I mean this could just be the most relevant characters or it could mean nothing.
                      Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
                      Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
                      I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.