If you bring back the old cast why are people complaining about powerlevels??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: If you bring back the old cast why are people complaining about powerlevels??

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: These didn't happen yet, I am talking about them going to fight in this tournament, this is speculation about the future on what can happen and how to avoid it.. that's why the "if" before bolded statement
Not all of them will be Blue tier.

Take Dyzpel for example, some fans were hyping him to being Blue tier because he looked like Beerus but based on the feats he showed in the last episode, he was quite disappointing.

The side characters would be fine if they get Basil tier opponents.

The gr
I Live Here

Re: If you bring back the old cast why are people complaining about powerlevels??

Post by The gr » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: These didn't happen yet, I am talking about them going to fight in this tournament, this is speculation about the future on what can happen and how to avoid it.. that's why the "if" before bolded statement

Take Dyzpel for example, some fans were hyping him to being Blue tier because he looked like Beerus but based on the feats he showed in the last episode, he was quite disappointing.

how do we know dispo strength,the side character would be better if they we're like this
    krillin and tien: %100 frieza tier
      #18 and #17: imperfect cell tier
        roshi: maybe captain Ginyu tier, Because it would be hypocritical,if These character get Uber strong as ss2, through goku establishes, you don't need power to win
        Last edited by The gr on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
        Mostly active on discord.

TheMikado
        I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:09 pm

That makes no sense, the Pokemon anime have been just as inconsistent as base goku from DBS , examples Uber chu.I somewhat agreed​ with you, super has a noble idea of using tactics over power, and making old character return, but it contradict the bland rule of DBZ is, more power and more saiyan, villain, again I liked the idea, but they need a better excuse for krillin being strong besides doing exercises, like say he was in the hyperbolic plot chamber for a day
        I've made this case before. Pokemon can have higher base stats and also have "levels/experience" which correlate to their power. For instance a level 99 Pikachu beats a level 10 Raichu. In DB, you wouldn't have a circumstance where a base saiyan beats a SSJ until recently. (Whether that actually should have happened in a whole other discussion). The point I'm making is that Pokemon made hard and fast rules. Attribute weakness, Leveling system, techniques which lower defense/attack. Attribute neutral attacks etc.
        Someone used the General Surge Raichu vs Pikachu fight and I think something similar to this would be great.
        Pikachu outsped Raichu rather than trying to beat it with just raw strength, because Matis/Surge was a brute who evolved his Pikachu before it could learn any of the speed-boosting moves that it can only learn as a Pikachu, which was a strategy that was explained in the episode.
        The problem is for decades all stats scale linearly in DB so if a gap exists there's essentially no way to close it through technique or otherwise. Those are the rules the Z era started with.
        If they want to change them fine. But as I said before the first two arcs inflated the levels to crazy heights where base Goku punches a powered up krillin and he goes flying for miles.. Trying to reverse that trend is bizarre.

TheMikado
        I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:12 pm

The gr wrote:
        perucho1990 wrote:

how do we know dispo strength,the side character would be better if they we're like this
          krillin and tien: %100 frieza tier
            #18 and #17: imperfect cell tier
              roshi: maybe captain Ginyu tier
              Again some people have Krillin and Tien at Captain Ginyu levels. Some have them as 1st,2nd,or third form frieza. Some people have Krillin at SPC/Dabura levels. Its insanity. The scale isnt flat enough to warrant this vast difference in power, we're talking differences of 150,000% as far as where Krillin's strength level falls.

TekTheNinja
              I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:If Dragon Ball Super went down the conventional route of power scaling, then absolutely no-one would matter in the narrative beyond Goku and Vegeta because they are respectively much stronger that everyone else in the central cast. And Super is already dealing with major complaints that Goku and Vegeta do everything the show. So having guys like Roshi, Tenshinhan and Krillin being brought back into prominence is a very welcome direction to me. Super wants everyone in the team to be super strong and awesome and not feel like jobbers or dead weight compared to Goku and Vegeta and contribute something of importance to the plot. It's like the polar opposite of GT. For me, it make things way interesting, and I kinda adore Super for taking this approach. There's nothing wrong with wanting consistency in power strength, but that doesn't matter much if the story itself is uninteresting and doesn't experiment with other members of the cast to bring something unique to the plot. If a shake up of the status quo is needed to make the narrative more intriguing and have we have to break some non-established and already contradictory power hierarchy "rules" to give guys like Krillin, Roshi and Tien their moment in the sun, while also bringing back an essence of the teamwork and strategy that has been lost in Dragon Ball for so many years, then so be it.then so be it. I'd much rather have an interesting show with an unorthodox approach to power, strategy and teamwork, where all the cast feel worthwhile, than just a run-of-the-mill fighting show where you know the supporting can't do anything and the main character(s) are untouchable. We already had that with GT. Let Super be its own thing.
              Having the others be useful is what I've been begging for since the start of Super, so obviously I'm happy about this, but the problem is that it makes no sense at all, same as with Trunks last arc. They could EASILY give a reason for their power boosts but they don't.

Luso Saiyan
              Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:51 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
              Luso Saiyan wrote:
              Ki Breaker wrote:Just knowing who is stronger than whom is also a part of scale.. we don't know that right now either..
              There are people arguing about only Krillin in these many ways
              What exactly don't we know? And people argue about speculation, misinformation and nonsense. Always did and sadly always will.There's nothing new there.
              If instances are all you want, head on over the the power level discussion thread, members go in depth over this issue there, more so than I could in a few words
              "Power level discussion threads" are exactly the type of thing I just described. You won't see me there.
              TheMikado wrote:So question for you?

Because you claim there is no scale and its all fan made up, don't you think Krillin has a good shot at taking down Beerus?
              Read what I wrote and not only the parts you chose to read.
              dragonballgeek wrote:Are you really having a hard time following what I'm talking about..?
              I do, because as it's usually the case with that type of argument, facts to support those claims are rarely present.
              dragonballgeek wrote:1) The scale I'm referring to is the one that's been established throughout the whole series. Krillin, Tien, Roshi and a couple others are so far behind on the power scaling that a mere few weeks of training should not be enough time to make them relevant.
              Define "far behind". And from whom? "Not enough time to make them relevant"? How exactly do you know how long it takes? And relevant against whom?
              dragonballgeek wrote:Especially since they haven't done anything drastic. If you're still confused somehow I'll break it down Barney Style for you. The power gap between Krillin is unbelievably large. The power gap between Tien and Cell are even larger, and the power gap between Roshi and Kid Buu is unspeakably large.
              Ah, "unbelievably large"... "even larger"... "unspeakably large"... All precise and objective terminology, am I right?
              dragonballgeek wrote:2) seriously, have you been living under a rock..? Everyone's argument about making the fighters relevant again through tactics and not power has been the general discussion. Guys like you think that Krillin, Tien and Roshi can be relevant again just by the use of tactics.
              Guys like me? Guys like me acknowledge the fact that this is a battle royale (with its own set of rules) against opponents we haven't even seen yet, for the most part. That we don't have enough information to make any judgment, that not everything is about power and even if it was, we don't know if they are stronger, weaker or about the same as the "Z fighters". Guys like me don't dwell on fan speculation nor do they judge the series based on it. Guys like me stick to what's actually presented.
              dragonballgeek wrote:Well we've found out recently ( and in Z) that when your opponent is overwhelmingly powerful, tactics are useless. For example. 18 and Krillin vs Kid Buu is a fight that no matter how you slice it, they will lose. Even if you add in Tien and Roshi, it's useless. 0+0 still equals 0. Using Beerus earlier was another example of tactics not working due to overwhelming power gap.
              Wrong. Beerus is not and never was comparable. There's no "beating" Beerus when he could slap his fingers and destroy whoever he wants. It's not about fighting or "power gap". And as far as any other comparison goes, we can't make any claims whatsoever considering the conditions implemented in the tournament.
              dragonballgeek wrote:I'm just going to stop right here because I feeling like you're just trolling me. There's no way you can be this oblivious to what I'm talking about.
              Because posting a "reality check" and stating facts is trolling. Oh, the irony...
              Last edited by Luso Saiyan on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
              Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:51 pm

You know in this case you totally can have your cake and eat it too. It just takes some thought process. It's really not hard. Pretty sure anyone on here could spend a short amount of time using all of Super's most controversial ideas, and then have them make more sense without getting rid of a thing. And I do mean keep the entire scenario, but add a little more depth or reasoning to it that has been lacking. Not sure about anime, but this really is one of the rare shows that does not like to be consistent with it's world rules. Maybe it's just an anime thing? Western animation or comics usually do a very good job making sense outside of the occasional hiccup or bad writer.
              Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

perucho1990
              I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
              Having the others be useful is what I've been begging for since the start of Super, so obviously I'm happy about this, but the problem is that it makes no sense at all, same as with Trunks last arc. They could EASILY give a reason for their power boosts but they don't.
              Depends of the situation, I saw some people compare Yamcha feats in the Baseball episode with Krillin clashing with Goku I was like really :lol:

I dont understand when people compare gag scenes with non gag ones.

As for the Trunks Arc goes ,the only reason they gave was in V-Jump magazine, which said Trunks got several times stronger after training with Vegeta.

pacz360
              I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:15 pm

While it be better for them to explain h
              TekTheNinja wrote:
              Lord Beerus wrote:If Dragon Ball Super went down the conventional route of power scaling, then absolutely no-one would matter in the narrative beyond Goku and Vegeta because they are respectively much stronger that everyone else in the central cast. And Super is already dealing with major complaints that Goku and Vegeta do everything the show. So having guys like Roshi, Tenshinhan and Krillin being brought back into prominence is a very welcome direction to me. Super wants everyone in the team to be super strong and awesome and not feel like jobbers or dead weight compared to Goku and Vegeta and contribute something of importance to the plot. It's like the polar opposite of GT. For me, it make things way interesting, and I kinda adore Super for taking this approach. There's nothing wrong with wanting consistency in power strength, but that doesn't matter much if the story itself is uninteresting and doesn't experiment with other members of the cast to bring something unique to the plot. If a shake up of the status quo is needed to make the narrative more intriguing and have we have to break some non-established and already contradictory power hierarchy "rules" to give guys like Krillin, Roshi and Tien their moment in the sun, while also bringing back an essence of the teamwork and strategy that has been lost in Dragon Ball for so many years, then so be it.then so be it. I'd much rather have an interesting show with an unorthodox approach to power, strategy and teamwork, where all the cast feel worthwhile, than just a run-of-the-mill fighting show where you know the supporting can't do anything and the main character(s) are untouchable. We already had that with GT. Let Super be its own thing.
              True but hey i'll take it instead of them being utterly useless.

TheMikado
              I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I have no idea what you wrote, it didn't answer my question. Can Krillin take down Beerus using techniques and tactics or not? Shoot I'll throw you a bone, can Krillin take down SSB Goku using tactics and techniques?

dragonballgeek
              Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
              Ki Breaker wrote:
              Luso Saiyan wrote:
              What exactly don't we know? And people argue about speculation, misinformation and nonsense. Always did and sadly always will.There's nothing new there.
              If instances are all you want, head on over the the power level discussion thread, members go in depth over this issue there, more so than I could in a few words
              "Power level discussion threads" are exactly the type of thing I just described. You won't see me there.
              TheMikado wrote:So question for you?

Because you claim there is no scale and its all fan made up, don't you think Krillin has a good shot at taking down Beerus?
              dragonballgeek wrote:Are you really having a hard time following what I'm talking about..?
              I do, because as it's usually the case with that type of argument, facts to support those claims are rarely present.
              dragonballgeek wrote:1) The scale I'm referring to is the one that's been established throughout the whole series. Krillin, Tien, Roshi and a couple others are so far behind on the power scaling that a mere few weeks of training should not be enough time to make them relevant.
              Define "far behind". And from whom? "Not enough time to make them relevant"? How exactly do you know how long it takes? And relevant against whom?
              dragonballgeek wrote:Especially since they haven't done anything drastic. If you're still confused somehow I'll break it down Barney Style for you. The power gap between Krillin is unbelievably large. The power gap between Tien and Cell are even larger, and the power gap between Roshi and Kid Buu is unspeakably large.
              Ah, "unbelievably large"... "even larger"... "unspeakably large"... All precise and objective terminology, am I right?
              dragonballgeek wrote:2) seriously, have you been living under a rock..? Everyone's argument about making the fighters relevant again through tactics and not power has been the general discussion. Guys like you think that Krillin, Tien and Roshi can be relevant again just by the use of tactics.
              Guys like me? Guys like me acknowledge the fact that this is a battle royale (with its own set of rules) against opponents we haven't even seen yet, for the most part. That we don't have enough information to make any judgment, that not everything is about power and even if it was, we don't know if they are stronger, weaker or about the same as the "Z fighters". Guys like me don't dwell on fan speculation nor do they judge the series based on it. Guys like me stick to what's actually presented.
              dragonballgeek wrote:Well we've found out recently ( and in Z) that when your opponent is overwhelmingly powerful, tactics are useless. For example. 18 and Krillin vs Kid Buu is a fight that no matter how you slice it, they will lose. Even if you add in Tien and Roshi, it's useless. 0+0 still equals 0. Using Beerus earlier was another example of tactics not working due to overwhelming power gap.
              Wrong. Beerus is not and never was comparable. There's no "beating" Beerus when he could slap his fingers and destroy whoever he wants. It's not about fighting or "power gap". And as far as any other comparison goes, we can't make any claims whatsoever considering the conditions implemented in the tournament.
              dragonballgeek wrote:I'm just going to stop right here because I feeling like you're just trolling me. There's no way you can be this oblivious to what I'm talking about.
              Because posting a "reality check" and stating facts is trolling. Oh, the irony...
              I am dumbfounded that you insist this is just "fan" speculation. If you wish to continue talking on the matter please just pm me

Yomi
              Regular

Post by Yomi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 pm

TheMikado wrote: I have no idea what you wrote, it didn't answer my question. Can Krillin take down Beerus using techniques and tactics or not? Shoot I'll throw you a bone, can Krillin take down SSB Goku using tactics and techniques?
              No.
              Even before these "Krillin Breaking fights" he explains that, "this isn't a one on one fight to the death, it's a martial arts tournament with rules."
              Krillin caught Gohan off guard and knocked him 10 feet. Since Gohan is not allowed to fly, he loses. Does that mean Krillin is stronger because he knocked him 10 feet? NO.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this. They spoonfeed this stuff to ya.
              :clap:

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Because DBZ went through an entire series setting up one established rule, that if you're a lot weaker than someone, you won't do any damage. DBS changed this rule, but before this, from the Piccolo arc to the end of Buu, you constantly had the characters saying they're useless and they can't do anything against stronger opponents. Then DBZ had the latter half saying if you're not a Saiyan you're worthless against a stronger opponent

Stop blaming the community for being annoyed and/or confused by DBS completely ignoring everything they set up about power tiers in DBZ. It's natural for some people to feel that way after they were being told "this is how things work in this series" for years before DBS just went and flipped it. It's an annoying trend in this fanbase to blame the viewers whenever the writing is sloppy or inconsistent

TheMikado
              I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Yomi wrote:
              TheMikado wrote: I have no idea what you wrote, it didn't answer my question. Can Krillin take down Beerus using techniques and tactics or not? Shoot I'll throw you a bone, can Krillin take down SSB Goku using tactics and techniques?
              No.
              Even before these "Krillin Breaking fights" he explains that, "this isn't a one on one fight to the death, it's a martial arts tournament with rules."
              Krillin caught Gohan off guard and knocked him 10 feet. Since Gohan is not allowed to fly, he loses. Does that mean Krillin is stronger because he knocked him 10 feet? NO.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this. They spoonfeed this stuff to ya.
              I'm clearly talking about in the a similar tournament scenario. The poster was trying to claim there is no hierarchy and that it's all fan made. Meaning the gaps in power and scale don't actually exist. I obviously know the answer but I want to see him reconcile his answer without stating that Beerus is too strong or Krillin is too weak.

TheMikado
              I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:49 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Because DBZ went through an entire series setting up one established rule, that if you're a lot weaker than someone, you won't do any damage. DBS changed this rule, but before this, from the Piccolo arc to the end of Buu, you constantly had the characters saying they're useless and they can't do anything against stronger opponents. Then DBZ had the latter half saying if you're not a Saiyan you're worthless against a stronger opponent

Stop blaming the community for being annoyed and/or confused by DBS completely ignoring everything they set up about power tiers in DBZ. It's natural for some people to feel that way after they were being told "this is how things work in this series" for years before DBS just went and flipped it. It's an annoying trend in this fanbase to blame the viewers whenever the writing is sloppy or inconsistent
              That's all, the entire first two arcs took that power gap concept and turned it up past the already ridiculous Z levels and then people are now scratching their heads.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I felt the exact same way the last time I talked to this guy. :D But it's all in good fun.
              Luso Saiyan wrote: Wrong. Beerus is not and never was comparable. There's no "beating" Beerus when he could slap his fingers and destroy whoever he wants.
              Okay, so right there you acknowledge that there is in fact a power scale. You know what Beerus is capable of, he can slap his fingers and destroy whoever he wants like you said. Meaning Krillin can not beat him. Meaning Beerus > Krillin. Now you just apply this same logic to the other characters based on what feats and fights their comparison has gone through. For example, if we saw Goku train for years upon years in different odd or harsh environments and locations like the RoSaT and the afterlife. We saw him train this hard, and then we also saw he wasn't strong enough to beat Kid Buu.

Now you have Krillin, who does normal training like a normal human being without any use of insane things like the RoSaT or the afterlife, or fifty ton weights or something. How strong do you think he'll be in comparison to Buu saga Goku now? Do you think he can now beat Kid Buu? How strong do you think he'd be compared to Goku in Super right now? We know he wouldn't be on his level, so we can obviously say Goku is stronger than Krillin. Once again, power scale. It doesn't need numbers, it just needs logic. If Krillin was able to take out a guy with raw power alone that Gohan just jobbed to, that would be ridiculous, and a breaking of the "power scale" because we can concur Gohan > Krillin based on what feats we've seen Gohan perform in the past.

MajinMan
              Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 pm

I really don't understand the whole "we want the characters to be relevant again, but Toei is doing it all wrong" argument. What exactly are they doing wrong? It has literally been one episode. Just one. The "Kuririn is SSB level" argument is also grossly wrong. The whole point of the episode was to show how skilled of a fighter he was. They also gave him a new technique to be relevent in a TOURNAMENT based scenario, which is also something they stressed multiple times.

Throughout the ENTIRE second half of the episode, 18 stated that Kuririn was no where near Goku's actual level. They even made it a point to say that Kuririn had ZERO chance against an opponent with that much of a power difference when he went SSB. "But Kuririn pushed base Goku back!" Yes, he pushed him back because of SKILL. He faked Goku out with the Taiyoken and pushed him back with ki blasts. He also threw 3 Kienzans to distract him even further. Goku took literally no damage in their battle. He was testing Kuririn's techniques and perseverance. When he went SSB, all he wanted to see was if Kuririn had the balls to go up against an SSB level opponent even though he knew he would lose. He said something like "So Kuririn, what will you do now?" after he went SSB. He was testing his friend's will to fight, not trying to kill him and flex his "powur level" muscles. "But Kuririn pushed the kamehameha back!" Yah, he did. But do you really think Goku was at full power? You think that these characters that can hide their battle power and reduce it to literally 0, as seen in the Freeza arc, can't hold back significant strength? Just because Goku was transformed does not mean he cannot hold back. He does not want to kill his friend. SSB is stated to have perfect ki control anyway, which means it should be easier to manipulate his ki.

And don't even get me started on the 17 shit. That "scene" is one second long, and the episode hasn't even aired yet.

One final point: We cannot just "assume" everything about the future of this arc. We do not know if the other Universes will have ONLY SSB tier fighters. What if a few of those fighters are Kuririn level? What if, let's say, 2 of them are even weaker than Muten Roshi? Again I could also be wrong, and they can all be SSB tier for all I know. But we shouldn't assume and state things to support our arguments without the episodes even being aired yet.
              Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

TheMikado
              I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

MajinMan wrote:I really don't understand the whole "we want the characters to be relevant again, but Toei is doing it all wrong" argument. What exactly are they doing wrong? It has literally been one episode. Just one. The "Kuririn is SSB level" argument is also grossly wrong. The whole point of the episode was to show how skilled of a fighter he was. They also gave him a new technique to be relevent in a TOURNAMENT based scenario, which is also something they stressed multiple times.

Throughout the ENTIRE second half of the episode, 18 stated that Kuririn was no where near Goku's actual level. They even made it a point to say that Kuririn had ZERO chance against an opponent with that much of a power difference when he went SSB. "But Kuririn pushed base Goku back!" Yes, he pushed him back because of SKILL. He faked Goku out with the Taiyoken and pushed him back with ki blasts. He also threw 3 Kienzans to distract him even further. Goku took literally no damage in their battle. He was testing Kuririn's techniques and perseverance. When he went SSB, all he wanted to see was if Kuririn had the balls to go up against an SSB level opponent even though he knew he would lose. He said something like "So Kuririn, what will you do now?" after he went SSB. He was testing his friend's will to fight, not trying to kill him and flex his "powur level" muscles. "But Kuririn pushed the kamehameha back!" Yah, he did. But do you really think Goku was at full power? You think that these characters that can hide their battle power and reduce it to literally 0, as seen in the Freeza arc, can't hold back significant strength? Just because Goku was transformed does not mean he cannot hold back. He does not want to kill his friend. SSB is stated to have perfect ki control anyway, which means it should be easier to manipulate his ki.

And don't even get me started on the 17 shit. That "scene" is one second long, and the episode hasn't even aired yet.

One final point: We cannot just "assume" everything about the future of this arc. We do not know if the other Universes will have ONLY SSB tier fighters. What if a few of those fighters are Kuririn level? What if, let's say, 2 of them are even weaker than Muten Roshi? Again I could also be wrong, and they can all be SSB tier for all I know. But we shouldn't assume and state things to support our arguments without the episodes even being aired yet.
              It's not just this arc but Super as a whole. Goku got a huge power up the first arc. Vegeta gets one too but not really explained. They also are beyonf SSJ3 Gotenks in base but the universe 6 fighters are pretty strong without a real explanation. A Piccolo seems to get a power up, Gohan spars with Goku, Trunks is also even with this level of power too but no real explanation is given how they all surpassed SSJ3 Gotenks in base form. Krillin is just the latest entry not the first.

Commodore Krevin

Post by Commodore Krevin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:41 pm

TheMikado wrote:
              Yomi wrote:
              No.

I'm clearly talking about in the a similar tournament scenario. The poster was trying to claim there is no hierarchy and that it's all fan made. Meaning the gaps in power and scale don't actually exist. I obviously know the answer but I want to see him reconcile his answer without stating that Beerus is too strong or Krillin is too weak.
              Perhaps I'm not understanding exactly what your asking, and if so I apologize, but I don't see why it would be impossible for Krillin to ring Beerus out in a tournament type scenario or really anyone else strong enough to propel a roughly man sized object at decent velocity. Krillin would certainly be the underdog in the fight but, for the moment at least, Super is downplaying the importance of power levels and seems to have narrowed the gulf between the individual fighters.

-Respectfully, Commodore Krevin

MajinMan
              Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 am

TheMikado wrote:
              MajinMan wrote:I really don't understand the whole "we want the characters to be relevant again, but Toei is doing it all wrong" argument. What exactly are they doing wrong? It has literally been one episode. Just one. The "Kuririn is SSB level" argument is also grossly wrong. The whole point of the episode was to show how skilled of a fighter he was. They also gave him a new technique to be relevent in a TOURNAMENT based scenario, which is also something they stressed multiple times.

It's not just this arc but Super as a whole. Goku got a huge power up the first arc. Vegeta gets one too but not really explained. They also are beyonf SSJ3 Gotenks in base but the universe 6 fighters are pretty strong without a real explanation. A Piccolo seems to get a power up, Gohan spars with Goku, Trunks is also even with this level of power too but no real explanation is given how they all surpassed SSJ3 Gotenks in base form. Krillin is just the latest entry not the first.
              I was only talking about the recent complaints about the Kuririn episode. Those earlier examples are definitely much more debatable than this whole "Kuririn is Goku level even though the episode made a clear point that he wasn't" thing. Although I would have to disagree with the Universe 6 fighters. They were picked because they were some of the strongest beings in their Universe, and Goku and Vegeta were above all of them by quite a margin. The only one that matched and surpassed them was Hit.

Vegeta and Trunks getting power ups from no where is much easier to criticize, especially Trunks's case. Although I personally do not have a problem with those situations, I can 100% understand why people would be mad or annoyed at THOSE situations. The Kuririn situation has to be the most overblown and exaggerated thing I have seen in a long time. There's a reason the fandom is so split over the Kuririn one compared to the others.
              Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.