Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBSinUK=£££££

Re: Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 am

Toei are also attending more Licensing places in London as well:

"Contact local agent Starbright to discuss about Dragon Ball Super during the Milano Licensing Day on September 14th in Italy.
Toei Animation Europe will be attending the Brand Licensing Europe in London from October 10 to 12. Let’s meet to discuss about all the Dragon Ball Super opportunities!"

http://www.toei-animation.com/en/node/1849

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Welp... The announcement was a bunch of classic anime movies on BD... Sigh. And Pokémon Indigo League on BD/DVD.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm disappointed they haven't announced Super but must admit I'm pretty happy about Pokemon on Blu-ray.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 pm

90sDBZ wrote:I'm disappointed they haven't announced Super but must admit I'm pretty happy about Pokemon on Blu-ray.
Me too, I'm glad now that I bought Manga's Blu-Ray of the first 5 movies so the series will be a great addition to my collection. Also I get its off-topic but unless I'm mistaken isn't this the serie's debut on the format?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:49 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:I'm disappointed they haven't announced Super but must admit I'm pretty happy about Pokemon on Blu-ray.
Me too, I'm glad now that I bought Manga's Blu-Ray of the first 5 movies so the series will be a great addition to my collection. Also I get its off-topic but unless I'm mistaken isn't this the serie's debut on the format?
Yeah first time any main Pokémon series is on BD... But I wouldn't get too excited yet this is TPCi and they already released HD version of Indigo Lge on Amazon, Google play etc and apparently the transfer is shite, which is not surprising considering TPCi are upscaling from the cut dub and not uncut JPN masters. If like Viz's Bleach BDs and these somehow look worse on BD than their DVD counterparts, I'll stick with the DVDs for this.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:49 am

Manga they just tweeted they are gonna announce something long awaited for release on October soon they also said it feels like forever since they've been holding on... This has to be DBS otherwise I officially give the hell up.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Manga they just tweeted they are gonna announce something long awaited for release on October soon they also said it feels like forever since they've been holding on... This has to be DBS otherwise I officially give the hell up.
Maybe it's Kai's Buu arc. Funimation's done with it and they only had it be region A so something kept them from having it be B as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:26 am

It is DBS and old Z movies. FINALLY!

https://twitter.com/ajhewson/status/913359534084804609
sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Manga they just tweeted they are gonna announce something long awaited for release on October soon they also said it feels like forever since they've been holding on... This has to be DBS otherwise I officially give the hell up.
Maybe it's Kai's Buu arc. Funimation's done with it and they only had it be region A so something kept them from having it be B as well.
Manga said since Kai sold poorly they ain't getting Buu Kai.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is DBS and old Z movies. FINALLY!

sintzu wrote:
YES!!! Finally! :D Also I seem to remember Jerome mentioning that they may revisit Buu Kai in the future so there might still be hope for that. And finally the movies too! :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 am

90sDBZ wrote:

sintzu wrote:
YES!!! Finally! :D Also I seem to remember Jerome mentioning that they may revisit Buu Kai in the future so there might still be hope for that. And finally the movies too! :D
I guess if these sell well then they got nothing to lose releasing Buu Kai.

I'm really excited about the Z movie BDs! About damn time. Hopefully they release the second DBS set by December. They'd be caught up by then if they do since FUNi's Part 3 is coming January.

Edit- Nevermind they said ..."with the following episodes set for release on January 29, 2018.".

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:55 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:

I guess if these sell well then they got nothing to lose releasing Buu Kai.

I'm really excited about the Z movie BDs! About damn time. Hopefully they release the second DBS set by December. They'd be caught up by then if they do since FUNi's Part 3 is coming January.

Edit- Nevermind they said ..."with the following episodes set for release on January 29, 2018.".
http://www.mangauk.com/dragon-ball-supe ... k-in-2017/
According to this part 2 comes out January 29th. Still it isn't too far away I guess.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am

Wow, that was unexpected but fair play to Manga :thumbup: .

This gives me hope they have taken on criticisms of them putting out Dragon Ball releases too late (think Kai would have sold better if they released it when it was hot).

Both Super and the movies should be decent sellers for them since they were so highly requested, who knows maybe sales will help them fund that UK version of Rock the Dragon.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Ireland on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:Wow, that was unexpected but fair play to Manga :thumbup: . This gives me hope they have taken on criticisms of them putting out Dragon Ball releases too late (think Kai would have sold better if they released it when it was hot). Both Super and the movies should be decent sellers for them since they were so highly requested, who knows maybe sales will help them fund that UK version of Rock the Dragon.
Those issues are/were less Manga's fault and more Toei Europe's. Manga license the show direct from them as opposed to sub licensing hence why no FUNi logo's ever appear on their releases. Toei USA deal with the other three big English speaking countries (USA AUS NZ) so it is no surprise they are always more or less always in sync.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:30 am

THANK YOU, GOD!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Better late than never. Already purchased and received the first 2 Funimation releases.
Hopefully Funimation will Simuldub it soon, and then Toei Europe may let them stream it (assuming this means they've given up on the TV deal) though I doubt it.

If I were them, I'd sell the rights to Netflix and Funimation to stream.
Netflix is in more UK homes than Sky and Amazon (last time I checked) nothing is "above" streaming.
I truly believe it's the direction we're going in, there's big money involved.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 pm

Part 1 & 2 on sale on Amazon now. £24.99 each. Not bad:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is ... l+super+bl

Also Manga will release the two Z specials too!! :) The most vital old release!

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Got my Super Blu-ray pre-ordered! :D After avoiding the show since its original 2015 announcement in hopes of an eventual UK release I was starting to think I'd never see the day. Fingers crossed for Buu Kai someday too.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:32 am

AoL selling DBS Pt1 BD for £20.99, free shipping too but requires immediate payment:
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 814&page=1

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:AoL selling DBS Pt1 BD for £20.99, free shipping too but requires immediate payment:
Are AoL safe/reliable to use? And how good are they at delivering pre-orders on time?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:AoL selling DBS Pt1 BD for £20.99, free shipping too but requires immediate payment:
Are AoL safe/reliable to use? And how good are they at delivering pre-orders on time?
Tbh I've never used them before but I do seem them vouched by anime companies (for ex this tweet by Anime Ltd https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/ ... 7280874496)
The immediate payment is what makes it iffy for me so I may wait until a few days before release if Amazon haven't dropped by then.