Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:AoL selling DBS Pt1 BD for £20.99, free shipping too but requires immediate payment:
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 814&page=1
Are AoL safe/reliable to use? And how good are they at delivering pre-orders on time?
Tbh I've never used them before but I do seem them vouched by anime companies (for ex this tweet by Anime Ltd https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/ ... 7280874496)
The immediate payment is what makes it iffy for me so I may wait until a few days before release if Amazon haven't dropped by then.
Yeah that's probably the most sensible thing to do. There's also a couple of sellers on ebay who usually get Manga UK's new releases a few days before the release, and sell them at a pretty cheap price and often dispatch early. I recently got Power Rangers Season 1 off there new for £20 which is great for 60 episodes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
90sDBZ wrote: Are AoL safe/reliable to use? And how good are they at delivering pre-orders on time?
Tbh I've never used them before but I do seem them vouched by anime companies (for ex this tweet by Anime Ltd https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/status/ ... 7280874496)
The immediate payment is what makes it iffy for me so I may wait until a few days before release if Amazon haven't dropped by then.
Yeah that's probably the most sensible thing to do. There's also a couple of sellers on ebay who usually get Manga UK's new releases a few days before the release, and sell them at a pretty cheap price and often dispatch early. I recently got Power Rangers Season 1 off there new for £20 which is great for 60 episodes.
Right, tbh it feels like Amazon has become less competitive, by spending a few mins searching you can usually always find something cheaper, at least for anime. They're just so slow to drop prices, like I recently bought Food Wars for £40 meanwhile Amazon still had it at £60 for a few weeks after release and then dropped it!. I just feel sorry for any suckers who bought it at that price. The difference between £20.99 and £24.99 for DBS isn't that huge thankfully.

Then there is this £20 buffer needed to get free shipping,
the £10 buffer was more than fair and now sometimes on items (like the new Pokémon games) and you get further discounts if you're a prime member, just feels like they're prime member pandering. I miss the days anything was free shipping, I could pick up Manga volumes for a couple of quid no shipping fees!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Base.com listed DBS for £21.99 free shipping and no immediate payment but no paypal:
Part 1 Blu-ray
Part 1 DVD-£18.49
Part 2 Blu-ray

Gonna pre-order Part 1 & 2 (and Digimon Tri 2 & 3).

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:09 am

Pop Max has debuted Beyblade Burst, but at 7am on weekdays. It's like they want it to fail.
I assume Toei has given up on the TV deal for Super now, as it's got a home video release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Oh yeah Manga said they'll know in a few days if these sets will contain the same extra's as FUNi's.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:20 am

Amazon listed the first 3 movie sets:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... B0765K8P2V
They're at the RRP of £24.99 Amazon haven't discounted them yet. Unless they go to £15 I may just pick and choose the movies.

And DBS Part 1 is now #1 best selling on AmazonUK... Awesome :)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Amazon listed the first 3 movie sets:
They're at the RRP of £24.99 Amazon haven't discounted them yet. Unless they go to £15 I may just pick and choose the movies.

That's awesome. :) Also I noticed the first movie set got pushed back by 2 weeks, but I guess it's not a big deal seeing as they've confirmed the next 2 sets to come out before the end of the year.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 pm

According to ABDUK:
"Speaking of 'US Master' Dragon Ball Super - Part 1 also uses US masters (so all bonus features & trailers are left intact)."
https://twitter.com/AnimeBlurayUK/statu ... 4403092481

So no shitty in house authoring or messing with the subs! Ace.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm

I had no idea Super was coming out so early here. That's a nice surprise then, I'll have that Part 2 set for Christmas then.

£25 for two 40-50 minute anime movies from the early 90's? What a rip off. Should be that price for all 13 movies.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:According to ABDUK:
"Speaking of 'US Master' Dragon Ball Super - Part 1 also uses US masters (so all bonus features & trailers are left intact)."

Thats great and all for the UK audience but wouldn't they have to remove the trailers for shows that Manga doesn't distribute in the UK?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:According to ABDUK:

Thats great and all for the UK audience but wouldn't they have to remove the trailers for shows that Manga doesn't distribute in the UK?
Eh, it's happened in the past before where Manga have used the same masters as FUNi for releases and left trailers in, but they label it as "U.S trailers" to avoid confusion at least.
Bullza wrote:I had no idea Super was coming out so early here. That's a nice surprise then, I'll have that Part 2 set for Christmas then.

£25 for two 40-50 minute anime movies from the early 90's? What a rip off. Should be that price for all 13 movies.
Yeah £24.99 is a lot but that's the RRP other retailers should discount it pretty lower, like DBS is RRP £29.99 and the lowest I have seen is £20.99. Around £15 is still much for the old movies but it isn't as bad and manageable. I certainly won't be getting all the movies myself I'll be picking and choosing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:02 am

UP1 have DBS Part 1 in stock a week early! I pre ordered it with Wolf's Rain and decided to have it shipped with that in November since I am in no rush for DBS Part 1.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 pm

I wonder what the chances are that the Manga UK Double Features will have Big Green as an audio track...probably pretty low, but it would be awesome of that was possible...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I wonder what the chances are that the Manga UK Double Features will have Big Green as an audio track...probably pretty low, but it would be awesome of that was possible...

I don't think they have the rights, but it'd be hysterical. XD

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I wonder what the chances are that the Manga UK Double Features will have Big Green as an audio track...probably pretty low, but it would be awesome of that was possible...
MangaUK are too lazy to acquire it. If they could get those they could have also gotten the Westwood TV dub, same company (AB Groupe).

The bigger crime is not including the uncut Pioneer versions in the movie releases, Funi presumably owns those so it would be easy to slap both audio tracks on the same footage. Maybe they're saving it for a future release but I have little faith in them.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UP1 have DBS Part 1 in stock a week early! I pre ordered it with Wolf's Rain and decided to have it shipped with that in November since I am in no rush for DBS Part 1.
I ordered mine from them on Wednesday and it arrived Thursday. :D
They've already confirmed it's the Funimation dub. Thank goodness.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:41 am

90sDBZ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UP1 have DBS Part 1 in stock a week early! I pre ordered it with Wolf's Rain and decided to have it shipped with that in November since I am in no rush for DBS Part 1.
Ace! Do you know what the disc art is like, same as FUNi's (Goku and Beerus outlined on a white background)? And did Manga keep the clean reversible cover too?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 am

Came in the post yesterday night:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HOORAY!! :mrgreen:

----

Few things to note:
- There's a removable cover on top of the the actual case.
- I got the two disc version. On one disc, there are episodes 1 to 9. And on the second disc there are episodes 10 to 13.
- Not much in terms of extras. Basically fluff interviews with some of the FUNimation staff (Strait, Sabat and Ligaluppi). And the usual textless opening and closing song.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
90sDBZ wrote:
Ace! Do you know what the disc art is like, same as FUNi's (Goku and Beerus outlined on a white background)? And did Manga keep the clean reversible cover too?
All the same as Funi's release, except the slip cover art isn't metallic.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 am

Movie 3 & 4 Artwork;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
90sDBZ wrote:All the same as Funi's release, except the slip cover art isn't metallic.
That's cool, I think I may import from Part 3 onwards anyway.