Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Factors that make UK Broadcasters pass on Dragon Ball Super.

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 28, 2017 10:05 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:We are getting those Bandai Toys....

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Anime is coming to channel Viceland on Sky....

Hmmmm....... Maybe just maybe.....?
Please, let this lead to something longstanding. I don't want this to be a one time thing. That being said...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WE HAVE SOMETHING AT LAST!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 28, 2017 10:47 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Please, let this lead to something longstanding. I don't want this to be a one time thing. That being said...

So far, only Tokyo Ghoul and Eureka Seven have been announced to air on Viceland UK.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

So far, only Tokyo Ghoul and Eureka Seven have been announced to air on Viceland UK.
It's step in the right direction, if anything. I just hope they sort out some kind deal with Toei to include Super in the line-up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 28, 2017 11:24 am

Right it's a new open option, some hope at least.

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Sun May 28, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm jumping in my seat, holy moly. XD

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 pm

I JUST KNOW that with this toyline coming, there WILL BE a channel that will say yes to Dragon Ball Super! I just know it!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I JUST KNOW that with this toyline coming, there WILL BE a channel that will say yes to Dragon Ball Super! I just know it!
Unless they already have, the toyline is kind of pointless.
With the toys hitting retail here next month, kids will have literally no idea what they are looking at.

I'm surprised they are launching them here before the US - which according to Toei USA, will be available there in the fall, and they have been airing the show for nearly 6 months.

UK kids have no way of watching the series, unless they are being expected to read subtitles? lol.
The crunchyroll announcement this week, followed by the toyline coming next month makes me think there could be something in the works, let's hope so.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 28, 2017 7:35 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I JUST KNOW that with this toyline coming, there WILL BE a channel that will say yes to Dragon Ball Super! I just know it!
Unless they already have, the toyline is kind of pointless.
With the toys hitting retail here next month, kids will have literally no idea what they are looking at.

I'm surprised they are launching them here before the US - which according to Toei USA, will be available there in the fall, and they have been airing the show for nearly 6 months.

UK kids have no way of watching the series, unless they are being expected to read subtitles? lol.
The crunchyroll announcement this week, followed by the toyline coming next month makes me think there could be something in the works, let's hope so.
I mean that is what exactly happened in the U.S, Toy announcement and simulcast before the dub and TV announcement... got a pretty strong feeling on this guys.... well more hope but hey it is something to latch on too!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 29, 2017 7:07 am

With the toyline launching in June, they would have to make an announcement of some sort of announcement for TV deal in the UK for Super in the next week. Like DBZ_Lee pointed out, what would be the point of distributing Dragon Ball Super toys if there is no TV show to promote it? They're basically throwing money away.

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Mon May 29, 2017 7:37 am

What would be funny and depressing at the same time is if they put "Now streaming on Crunchyroll & Daisuki now!" on the back of the boxes for each figure. XD

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 29, 2017 11:28 am

DBSinUK=£££££ wrote:What would be funny and depressing at the same time is if they put "Now streaming on Crunchyroll & Daisuki now!" on the back of the boxes for each figure. XD
If they did that, personally I would find it hilarious :lol: though seriously, asking kids to visit an online streaming platform such as daisuki, then have them find out it's all in Japanese, that would be bad for their reputation.

If they put the dub on netflix or Funimation Now, then that would be fine.
I seriously don't see the point of these toys coming here unless the dub is available at some level, whether that is via a streaming platform or television.
I don't think (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong here) that I've ever known a toyline get released here without the actual show it's based on being available.

I'd love to see Disney XD air it, I think it has a place on there with the Marvel/Star Wars stuff.
I don't think Sony want it on Kix or Pop - even though it airs Power Rangers, which is odd.

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:I don't think (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong here) that I've ever known a toyline get released here without the actual show it's based on being available

I read that Singapore has the DBS Toys, but that there isn't a dub currently airing there. I may be wrong though.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 29, 2017 1:28 pm

DBSinUK=£££££ wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:I don't think (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong here) that I've ever known a toyline get released here without the actual show it's based on being available

I read that Singapore has the DBS Toys, but that there isn't a dub currently airing there. I may be wrong though.
I meant as in just here in the UK, not sure what is considered "the norm" over there so to speak.

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Mon May 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Hmm, then I don't believe so.Which is great because a deal might've been met then.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 pm

With regards to Singapore, don't they air the Bang Zoom dub via Toonami Asia?.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon May 29, 2017 2:26 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:With regards to Singapore, don't they air the Bang Zoom dub via Toonami Asia?.
According to the initial press release (http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/11/10/to ... b-in-2016/) yes they do.

With regards the toyline announcement I am cautiously optimistic but I wouldn't put money on a TV deal just yet.

I sure hope it happens, I don't watch broadcast TV much but if Super airs I will be sure to watch whenever I can to support it.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue May 30, 2017 2:04 am

RE: Super in Singapore, it is airing there. Toonami Asia replied to my tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToonamiAsia/ ... 9031606272

So if they did have the toyline, it's because it's airing there.

Going back to the toys, look out for a commercial similar to these - pictures only (click the link to the tweet) this was shown on Boing! in Spain to promote the toyline already available there:

http://mobile.twitter.com/Emo185/status ... 8269769733

I will laugh so hard if I see this here, and there's no show to promote them :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:RE: Super in Singapore, it is airing there. Toonami Asia replied to my tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToonamiAsia/ ... 9031606272

So if they did have the toyline, it's because it's airing there.

Going back to the toys, look out for a commercial similar to these - pictures only (click the link to the tweet) this was shown on Boing! in Spain to promote the toyline already available there:

http://mobile.twitter.com/Emo185/status ... 8269769733

I will laugh so hard if I see this here, and there's no show to promote them :lol:
Okay, so they must have sorted out a TV deal for Super in the UK.

Right? :shifty:

I mean, all the signs are pointing to it. :think:

DBSinUK=£££££

Post by DBSinUK=£££££ » Tue May 30, 2017 7:04 am

It's probably a bunch of red herrings and Manga UK are gonna announce that they're bringing over Final Chapters instead. XD

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 am

DBSinUK=£££££ wrote:It's probably a bunch of red herrings and Manga UK are gonna announce that they're bringing over Final Chapters instead. XD
The last time they were asked about that, they said they don't have the license right now, and it is unlikely it would be out this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MangaUK/stat ... 9987705856
Lord Beerus wrote:Okay, so they must have sorted out a TV deal for Super in the UK

Right? :shifty:

I mean, all the signs are pointing to it. :think:
On the surface, it seems as though it is a possibility.... though to be fair, it could also be a situation as to where Toei has paid Bandai a lot of money to produce these toys, they have a distribution base here, so it makes sense for them to go ahead and put them on sale.