Cell has the greatest potential in entire Dragon Ball

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Cell has the greatest potential in entire Dragon Ball

Post by Smilodon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm

After this episode we can imagine this:

A17 and A18 can be at SSJB level with normal training;
First Cell form also has potential to increase his power due Sayajins (SSJB) + Freeza(Golden Form) + Namekian(regeneration) cells. So he could surpass A17 and A18 even if they are at SSJB level.

So, imagine. Cell in his first form, but way stronger than Golden Freeza (his first form was much stronger than Namek Freeza who also never trained). And this Cell absorb A17 and A18 (these two in SSJB level)...

Even Beerus would be nothin' for him...Maybe Whis and Vados...Or even Daishinkan!

This is crazy! :crazy:
Vados Sama!

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: Cell has the greatest potential in entire Dragon Ball

Post by kinisking » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:41 pm

I mean, that's how it should be. He's supposed to be a perfect mix of some of the best fighters j. The universe.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:53 pm

He doesn't even need the androids, does he? If he just injures and heals himself over and over and over, he would be actually unstoppable. Maybe too fast for Zeno to even know to erase.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Well, Perfect Cell substantially is Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, 17, 18 and Krilin. Basically is a fusion of the entire roster to the 7th universe selected for the tournament, except Gohan, Roshi and Boo.

If only it had not all of those black spots..

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Not really he's dead. What ever potential he had died with him and unlike Frieza none is going to be wishing him back any time soon.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Cell would need one day in the hyperbolic chamber to reach Whis status..no joke

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Not really he's dead. What ever potential he had died with him and unlike Frieza none is going to be wishing him back any time soon.
I know...But what I'm talking is about his potential. If A17 and A18 can be at SSJB level only training themselves, and Cell in his first form having Freeza, Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo cells could surpass Golden Freeza form by far...
So his perfect form would be at angel's level without any doubt.
Vados Sama!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:49 pm

:shock:

Great googlely moogaly!
I never thought about it but that's terrifying.
The guy could have literally trained for the few days before the Cell games and wiped the floor with everyone.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Factoring the Saiyans and Freeza's insane potential, Cell could potentially become one of the Universe's greatest threats and possibly even stronger than a God of Destruction.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 am

Pure saiyans has shit potentials, all they have going for them is their obsession towards getting stronger hence training harder than anyone, if it werent for their transformations they'd be at the bottom of the ranks when it comes to potentials. Other than that I guess yeah, anyone considered alien or bio besides anything pure saiyan has a great potential, you can add Oob (a human) there as well as I'm sure he'll surpass God Goku in a year of training, believe it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:28 am

Everyone having oh so great potential,

Freeza? He had it, 17? He had it all along, Trunks? Somehow he has it to pull off rage, Roshi? He could always have been that storng , Cabba? Can transform with just a threat on his family and can transform at will immediately after, Gohan? Always called to have the greatest but somehow still not god tier, come-on he sparred with piccolo!!! Once on screen! enough to be god tier here, Uub? Sure majin buu reincarnation watch him surpass berrus like a joke, Buu? Obviously not a problem..

"Great Potential" is a joke now..
Might as well call the perfect mixture the greatest
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 am

Smilodon wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Not really he's dead. What ever potential he had died with him and unlike Frieza none is going to be wishing him back any time soon.
I know...But what I'm talking is about his potential. If A17 and A18 can be at SSJB level only training themselves, and Cell in his first form having Freeza, Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo cells could surpass Golden Freeza form by far...
So his perfect form would be at angel's level without any doubt.
Well that is possible, the only counter to that I can see is that Cell is not just a piece-meal clone but a Biot/Bio-Android. I.e was a constructed organism using their genetic marital.

As I've said on another thread, the computer clearly picked & mixed different traits from each race and as a result Cell is more his own entity even though he's genetics come from Saiyan, Namekian and Frieza clan. Also since the computer had no way of knowing the full potential of the caste its possible that it might have made choices in Cell's design that could hinder him in the future.

Some evidence for this is the fact that Imperfect Cell was acctually a lot weaker then #17 and #18 when he first showed up, also he likely fed on people in his own timeline so when he first reached maturity he could have been much weaker. Had he gotten lucky and absorbed 17 and 18 while at that level Perfect Cell would himself be far less impressive.

But like any villain in this series, Cell, just like Frieza and Buu, could very likely outshine the caste if given the chance. Goku Black is very good example of what a smart and pragmatic DB villain can pull off.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:21 am

Cell does have great potential, but c'mon we all know If Yamcha trained nonstop for 10 years he would be around SSJBSSJ4 tier. That's just how it goes in modern Dragon Ball, pretty much anyone can reach godly strength with natural training equipment.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:Cell does have great potential, but c'mon we all know If Yamcha trained nonstop for 10 years he would be around SSJBSSJ4 tier. That's just how it goes in modern Dragon Ball, pretty much anyone can reach godly strength with natural training equipment.
Its the Saitama training effect, its moving into the DBS verse. This is kinda ridiculous but it is what it is.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:Cell does have great potential, but c'mon we all know If Yamcha trained nonstop for 10 years he would be around SSJBSSJ4 tier. That's just how it goes in modern Dragon Ball, pretty much anyone can reach godly strength with natural training equipment.
Its the Saitama training effect, its moving into the DBS verse. This is kinda ridiculous but it is what it is.
I guess when Goku said he spent those 7 years in other world doing the most intense workout sessions ever, he was just lying to himself.
What happened to things being simple? Old Toei had amazing ideas, especially in the movies with Turles, Bojack, Janemba. We saw where each character stood in terms of power. Super has literally made everything a huge clusterfuck.

If everyone is basically around the same level of power, it just loses the charm. SSJ2/3 are a complete joke now when they're my most favorite transformations. Why did Toriyama even create them? If SSJ can Surpass SSJ2, why did Gohan need SSJ2 to beat cell when they had already mastered SSJ? Wouldn't Goku, Vegeta, Gohan try and master SSJ2 if that were the case? But even despite that! SSJ2 was suppose to be the perfect transformation lmao.

I'm lost. :lol:

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:53 am

I think I saw a few 50lb free weights in krillins gym. 40 minutes a day after work then quality time with 18 and you can achieve ssjb levels. You just have to believe.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:57 am

Well duh, i already knew that :lol:
God damn it Cell is a fucking moster, if he trained he would have probably kicked Gohan's ass.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:05 pm

This is a thinly-veiled discussion item regarding the latest episode (whose thread is currently locked), as well as a strength debate / power level discussion (which has more appropriate places elsewhere across the forum, in addition to specifically here in the "Super" sub-section).

Please respect the community guidelines as you post.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::