What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:17 am

Visiting Planet Salad, creating another major villain, or a returning one not named Freeza. Perhaps King Piccolo or Cell, or something along those lines.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am

If he hasn't by the end of this arc, Goku redeeming himself in some way. Maybe have the arc with him learning how to be a good teacher as he trains Uub. Maybe something involving the demon realm.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

GigaDrill wrote:After the Tournament of Power, DBS will become a pseudo-SoL show that features all of the characters in everyday life for the next 50+ episodes

Seriously though, the Tournament arc seems to be ending at the planned finishing point of the show at 100~ eps
I think the current arc will last till at least episode ~120. The tournament itself won't even start till later half of the 90s section so there's no time to wrap it all up this fast. And I really doubt they would've made a brand new opening (which is almost completly specific to the current arc) for just around 25 episodes.

I do agree that it seems like themes and lore tidbits first introduced in BOG are beginning to reach a culmination point but then again, there's still unresolved stuff like dragon god Zarama, potential angel/Zen-oh major villains etc. Could be part of the tournament saga but I don't think the end of Super (followed by a new series of course) will happen quite that soon as episode ~100

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 am

I'm hoping that there will be something dedicated to Vegeta visiting Planet Sadala. I'm also hoping that the story finally goes past EOZ. Cramming all of these new stories into the time gap between Buu's defeat and Goku meeting Uub is kinda starting to annoy me.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 am

I have no idea why people want an entire major arc around Vegeta visiting Planet Sadal. I think it works better as a slice of life episode or a mini filler arc.
Caulifla best girl! :)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I have no idea why people want an entire major arc around Vegeta visiting Planet Sadal. I think it works better as a slice of life episode or a mini filler arc.
It would be a waste to never have Vegeta (and Goku) visit Planet Sadal. I don't know if they could have an arc there though it would be cool if U6 Saiyans organize tournaments with strange rules (not like BT) every once in a while and Goku and Vegeta join too (Earthlings organize tournaments why wouldn't peaceful Saiyans do the same?) or they could have Goku and Vegeta train on Sadal to learn some tricks from the Saiyans there.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Wed May 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I have no idea why people want an entire major arc around Vegeta visiting Planet Sadal. I think it works better as a slice of life episode or a mini filler arc.
It could be a completly serious or even emotional mini arc, but not longer than few episodes like you said. There's simply not enough material in Vegeta's visit to Sadala other than some nostalgia. It would require developing an expanded (hi)story for U6 Saiyans themselves and involving many new U6 Saiyans to have a material that could be turned into 20/30+ episodes arc. Vegeta's 'saiyan prince' story is done.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed May 24, 2017 8:07 pm

The gr wrote:A story That passed the Eoz, and feature another unique antogonist and great cast usage
someone's aiming high, lol

dbzfan619

Post by dbzfan619 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:33 pm

There's still Uub + the inevitable rematch between Goku and Beerus.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 pm

I think Vegeta and Gokû visiting Planet Salad/Sadla/Sadal would work best as a movie, but I understand the resources aren't there and would still be incredibly happy with it being an arc in Super before it's over. I'd even settle for it being a mini-arc if that's all they'd be willing to give. That's how much I don't want the opportunity to completely pass by.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Sadal will probably happen, but that's the only lead on a future story I can think of.
Retired.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Thu May 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Many doors have been opened up with the various Universes, so there are a plethora of potential stories that can be told. I don't really have a preference as far as the direction that is taken.

I do agree, however, that the series needs to find its way over to Planet Sadal/Salad. Vegeta is due for some time to shine again, and I'd rather that he get more focus while Goku time gets dialed back a bit. And I'd also prefer that Bulma stay home with Bulla in U7 and not be featured at all in that arc -- she's been tied into everything else already (Tsuru-san wouldn't be getting a paycheck, but she'll be OK). I'd rather that Vegeta be given some solitude away from family life for the first time in a while. Some events could happen there that provide some windows into Vegeta's past in U7 pre-Earth, and time under Freeza. I'm always up for seeing Vegeta in his younger days. Plus, after whatever events that he may experience with that scenario, it could provide some more weight upon his return to his family or even further strengthen the Goku/Vegeta relationship. Basically, a reignited Vegeta is what I'm looking for.

BUT... before any major storylines follow up the Tournament of Power!!, there needs to be a cooldown arc. So, I propose a 5 episode Chichi retrospective mini arc. These episodes -- once a week -- would serve to give the audience a breather with much needed glimpses into the character that is Son Goku's wife, and would throw us back into what adventures she'd had throughout Dragon Ball and Z and how that all ties into her current self. Let's be real, there's a character to explore here. It would be a fun time for celebration every step of the way. Please, Super.

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm

I hope they make an arc where Goku goes to high school and Piccolo becomes evil again and has a hot asian chick as his sidekick.

I wouldn't mind a bunch more slice-of-life funny episodes like the Baseball one. Paintball? Volleyball? Dodgeball?

I would like to see a cooking show where Mr Buu makes cookies.

If you did read it please tell me how.