What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: What stories will they have after the Tournament of Power?

Post by emperior » Thu May 04, 2017 2:03 pm

As much as I would like to see Toriyama's stories after EoZ - mainly because it would also add tension, as we know right now everyone is alive because they are in EoZ - I don't think Toriyama wants to go after that.
He probably genuinely believes that the ending of his manga is the perfect ending for his serie, or maybe he doesn't have other ideas he considers superior.
I don't dislike the ending, I actually like how open-ended it is (a new ending is also a gamble because who knows if people are going to like it?)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu May 04, 2017 2:25 pm

I am going with the idea of a time skip after top and we get to eoz..
And that is the end of Toriyama's drafts in Dragonball, after that Toyotaro takes over and his stories are approved by Toriyama..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu May 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Well if no new enemy crawls out the wood work like Zamasu did then I think are next big threat will come from Gene and Universe 12.

According to his profile, Gene is a great GoD but he is becoming bored with the way things are. That sounds like a subtle hint that he may cause trouble in the future.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm

It's very obvious the next arc will have Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten as the new heroes. Even if Goku is still around.
Is not obvious at all.

I don't think that super will past EoZ, but we'll see. I hope that we'll see a new villain in the next arc anyway. Zamasu for now is the only new villain in super, come on, is lame....

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:02 pm

there is so many possibilities. super is far from over imo. the next arc could be based in u11 (if its survives). there could be a prison in which the pride troopers imprison criminals and there could be possible breakage and they need gokus help to keep the inmates back in the prison.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue May 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Freeza to become good and establish a peace keeping force, that Vegeta gladly joins alongside long lost Saiyan Onio. Freeza then fathers Kuriza, who often needs to be kept in check because he's such a brat. We then got some comedic stories about Vegeta babysitting Kuriza, while being on the job at the same time.

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
I would also like they did a remake of the Evil Dragons arc one day. The Dragon Balls keep being overused. I like the potential of that arc but GT completely wasted it:

- Give us a more interesting Evil Dragons cast overall.
If only they actually looked like dragons!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Goku or someone askign about the LSSJ of Universe 7 if they won't make Broly canon and mention him

If not... Get rid of Zeno plot or a retelling of Evil Shadow Dragon cuz of the overuse

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Tue May 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Reusing an idea from GT, even a good one like the evil dragons, is a terrible choice. Not only is unoriginal and would feel like the well has run dry, it would also be irrespecful for GT fans. Not that I'm one of them, but still. Like saying "let us do this properly, not like you". Feels wrong.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed May 10, 2017 12:06 am

dbgtFO wrote:Freeza to become good and establish a peace keeping force, that Vegeta gladly joins alongside long lost Saiyan Onio. Freeza then fathers Kuriza, who often needs to be kept in check because he's such a brat. We then got some comedic stories about Vegeta babysitting Kuriza, while being on the job at the same time.
I honestly can't tell if you're joking or serious. Assuming you ARE being serious, I don't think actual canon should use plotlines from a self parody manga. Now a non-canon Nekomajin Z animated special would be fantastic though.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed May 10, 2017 1:17 am

TekTheNinja wrote: I honestly can't tell if you're joking or serious.
That basically sums up how I feel about Super :angel:

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu May 11, 2017 9:08 am

dbgtFO wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: I honestly can't tell if you're joking or serious.
That basically sums up how I feel about Super :angel:
AHAHAHA!!! Bravo! :clap:

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sun May 14, 2017 7:27 am

I can't even begin to guess what will come after this but I wish we have something like Goku Black arc. I really enjoyed it and I loved how they made a formidable villain. While I would like to have the kind of threat we did during Z like with Cell and Frieza and all those storylines I find that unlikely. But something like the one with Zamasu would be great as well. I am kind of bored of seeing tournaments and considering that the first two stories were movie based most of DBS is in tournament form. This one is a bit more exciting as an idea with the whole Battle Royal thing and universe survival but I wish for a more meaty story.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Legion wrote:
It's very obvious the next arc will have Uub, Pan and adult Trunks/Goten as the new heroes. Even if Goku is still around.
Is not obvious at all.
Yeah, all the Uub references are likely just for the sake of making EOZ still fit the continuity and not look out of place after 100+ of retroactively "inserted" Super episodes in between Buu finale and EOZ.

If they do a new series post-EOZ then I would bet on a subtitle change, new logo, new opening and general rebranding to signal new major chapter even if the 1st episode premies week-to-week after last Super ep

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Tue May 16, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm curious what they should they do with Uub. EoZ is the first time they met. Maybe Goku met him when he was a baby.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 am

Although unlikely, I'm hoping for a mini filler arc about Majin Buu where Mr Satan trains him like a Dog to know when to sleep and when to train and fight :lol: .

After that I would like a couple more good slice-of-life episodes and then a 'Demon Realm' arc as the next serious storyline, considering all the focus on angels and gods I think this would be a logical next step.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 am

After the Tournament of Power, DBS will become a pseudo-SoL show that features all of the characters in everyday life for the next 50+ episodes

Seriously though, the Tournament arc seems to be ending at the planned finishing point of the show at 100~ eps

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 am

I'd really like something about Uub and the Demon Realm. Him being Buu's reincarnation and the Demon Realm itself go hand in hand.

Maybe give us Adult Gotenks too, please?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 23, 2017 9:28 am

GigaDrill wrote:After the Tournabbqment of Power, DBS will become a pseudo-SoL show that features all of the characters in everyday life for the next 50+ episodes

Seriously though, the Tournament arc seems to be ending at the planned finishing point of the show at 100~ eps
I could see them rebranding after the TOP. A cosmetic change though like dropping "Super" and calling it something else like Dragon Ball After Z. Fwiw I dont THINK they will do this but its more likely than the series ending IMO.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:57 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
GigaDrill wrote:After the Tournabbqment of Power, DBS will become a pseudo-SoL show that features all of the characters in everyday life for the next 50+ episodes

I could see them rebranding after the TOP. A cosmetic change though like dropping "Super" and calling it something else like Dragon Ball After Z. Fwiw I dont THINK they will do this but its more likely than the series ending IMO.
I can't see Super ending either, I agree with your assessment at the show being rebranded at most.